Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 27-01-2006, 10:50 AM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruth

Nadia has had extensive cosmetic surgery, and not only did she win with a big majority, she has also since been voted most popular housemate ever!
True, but Nadia was edited so favourably, it wouldn't surprise me if they'd airbrushed every sequence she was in, frame by frame. Her cosmetic surgery (with two rather large exceptions) was far less obvious, and there were numerous bleeding heart 'I just want to be accepted as a woman' diary room scenes. And she'd already completed her transition, whereas Pete is very definitely a man, despite the clothes, wigs and make up. There's never been a more blatantly engineered 'open' competition in the history of television than Nadia's 'victory'. One day, Spielberg will film it. Until then, I'm sure there's a decent Captain Pugwash compilation available in most stores.

Pete, on the other hand, is edited as the malevolent offspring of Cruella De Vil and Vlad The Impaler. Of course what we see happened, but we don't get to see the before and after, or the motives. And as I've said before, if he was so horrendous, they would've isolated him from the group and sent him to Coventry long before now. I just don't buy this notion that nobody wants to confront him because they know how he'd react. That says little more than that they're a bunch of cowards. If someone's bothering you that much, then you speak up. There's nothing to fear, other than being wrong in the first place, of course ...
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 11:11 AM #27

I don't think they're scared of Pete - but maybe they are all a bunch of cowards! I think they just don't want to live in the atmosphere which confronting him would almost certainly cause.

Obviously I don't know everybody's motives for liking or not liking any housemate. I only know that I liked Pete at first, but went off him, especially after he had that go at Traci. Now, I understand that it was edited to make it look like it had a far worse effect on Traci than it did in reality (she didn't even nominate him, which I would assume she would have done if it had bothered her that much), and there was a lot of truth in what Pete said to her. But whether or not she was upset is not the point - the point is that it was a nasty verbal attack. They often don't show Pete - or certain other housemates - reasons for behaving the way they do, and if they did, maybe it would seem more understandable. But I don't think anyone should be spoken to the way that he spoke to Traci.

But even that attack on Traci alone would not have been enough to turn me off him. He had to make an issue out of things so many times when it was unnecessary - he couldn't wear flat shoes for the science task (which he forgot when he was running around barefoot), he couldn't adjust himself while holding a plant, etc., etc.

Finally, the attack on Chantelle and Preston was unwarranted - and I'm not a fan of either of those two (I would rather Pete won over either of them). Whether or not he believed what he was saying or was just trying to cause trouble, who knows? But it was unnecessary - yes, they may have lied too convincingly for his liking (I don't believe Chantelle has the brains to be that conniving to be honest), but for the sake of a day of harmony, could he not just have let it go? They had their luxury food budget, and once the show is over, and the obligatory after show reunion, he needs never have contact with either Preston or Chantelle again - so why make such a big deal of it? He also stirred up that whole argument, and then - literally - pulled up a chair to watch it develop.

Don't get me wrong - Pete is not the only housemate who has behaved in a way that is not nice on more than one occasion - I only mention him because this thread is about him.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 11:43 AM #28

I seriously do think a fair few of them are, or were.

I must admit, when I first saw it, I was shocked. But the first thought I had was that he'd blown it. I really don't think it was anywhere near as harsh as it would seem in transcription, because there was such a massive tongue-in-cheek element throughout, and that was made all the more obvious from Pete's comments as he left the room.

The thing about the heels was a pile of tosh. I mentioned that in the thread which I think you started, didn't you? He was telling a few porky pies on that occasion, for sure. The plant thing was pretty daft, too. I actually felt a little upset (for the plant) when it fell out of his pocket in the diary room.

It did come across as a little too much. But that's where the edits come in. Those comments obviously occurred throughout the day, but they were presented as though they all happened pretty much at once. I have most of the shows on the PC at the moment, and wish I could type with more than one finger, as it would be great to be able to post transcripts here. But I really don't agree that he stirred everything up at all. I think the others would've had their say whether Pete had spoken or not.
CharlotteSometimes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2006, 04:55 PM #29

Yes you love to hate pete and i love him loads and loads im voting again for him to win
Want to see him release more records
: spin2: he spins me around
pete all the way
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brains, half, pete