Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 18-05-2006, 07:03 AM #1

Default \'Royal friend\' housemate named?

Quote:
18 May 2006

BIG CHUKKA

TOFF SET FOR DOSE OF REALITY

Polo-crazy friend of the royals is lined up for the BB7 house
By Rick Fulton

A POLO-PLAYING pal of princes Charles, William and Harry is set to star in Big Brother 7, it was claimed last night.

Eccentric merchant banker Broderick Munro-Wilson, 60, has been lined up to enter the house tonight, according to friends.

Producers Endemol won't reveal the names of the new housemates until later today.

But insiders have confirmed that wealthy Broderick is one of the candidates.

The banker, who is a childhood chum of Camilla Parker Bowles, has already bragged that he's been accepted. He told close friends that he charmed the production team thanks to his connections - and by promising to spill the beans on the royal family.

One of his pals said: "He met Prince Harry and Prince William at a polo match.

"He is a childhood friend of Camilla and she introduced him to them.

"Now they meet up quite regularly, mostly at polo games. Broderick has become quite close to Harry in particular.

"He is a nice chap but very English and arrogant. He's sure to go into the house and really get on the housemates' nerves."

Broderick, who owns horses, is well known for his frankness and open speaking.

Another friend said: "He says what is on his mind, he doesn't really think things through.

"He sees this as his big break - a way to make a name for himself."

Last night, one Big Brother insider confirmed Broderick would be in the seventh series.

She said: "Producers see this as a real coup.

"Everyone is intrigued by the royal family and what goes on behind closed doors.

"If he talks like he is promising to do, he will have viewers captivated throughout the summer."

Last night, bookies were bracing themselves for a £10million gamble on the outcome of Big Brother 7.

The show lasts for 13 weeks and will be the longest Big Brother ever.

Bookies reckon it's a 4-6 chance that the winner will be male and 11-10 that it's a female.

A hundred golden tickets are being distributed in chocolate bars. One of the winners will then become a housemate.

And Ladbrokes go 8-1 that the eventual winner of BB7 will have qualified for the show via this promotion.

Ladbrokes spokesman, Nick Weinberg, said: "Everything about this year's Big Brother suggests it will be bigger and better than previous series.

"Will two of the contestants get married. Will Chantelle turn up? Will someone escape? Punters are asking the questions and our traders are once again on overtime to satisfy punter demand."

The winner of Celebrity Big Brother, Chantelle Houghton, is 10-1 to make an appearance in the house at some point.

Two of the housemates to get married is a 20-1 shot.

And bookies are 10-1 that one of the housemates will make a successful bid for freedom and escape.

They are even offering odds of 40-1 that the housemates will fail every one of their tasks during the show.
www.dailyrecord.co.uk
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 12:13 PM #2

Wouldn't this bloke have a gagging order on him, so that he could not talk about the Royal Family? (like Barrymore did in Celeb BB, when he could not talk about Stuart Lubbock's death). I can hardly see them just letting someone go in and say things about them - he could make stuff up or anything.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 12:18 PM #3

Yeah your right there Ruth.

I would imagine they have some kind of order on him where he is not allowed to talk about Royal Family.

To be honest i don't think i would want to see someone like this in the house - just my opinion.
Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 01:32 PM #4

I agree Mike - I wouldn't want to see this guy in the house.
Ruth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 04:01 PM #5

all will be revealed soon.
zoffy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'royal, friend', housemate, named