Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Closed Thread

Old 19-12-2010, 06:57 PM #26
MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

MVGGA

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post

and rightly so

they need to be in a bodybag not the charts
Old 19-12-2010, 07:02 PM #27
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus christ View Post
i couldnt even get jedward into the top 100,
well now aint that a shocker?

next time set your sights a bit lower...top 1000.
Old 19-12-2010, 07:15 PM #28

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus christ View Post
ive heard biffy clyros version and its ****.

although matt should take criticism on board instead of lashing out at them.
LOL @ the OP stating Matt 'HIT' out,hardly he just gave his opinion and rightly so.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Old 19-12-2010, 07:17 PM #29

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
we all know that the XF winner is guaranteed xmas No1 these days...bar any campaigns. So its no big deal.

he needs to get a No1 of his own accord before he gets proper respect. Not with a cover or the momentum of XF behind him.

As for Biffy....they obviously gave their song to XF so they really have no place trying to distance themselves from it now. If you sell out then at least admit you sold out and reap whatever reward you were aiming to get. Otherwise you just look stupid and hypocritical.
Give the bloke chance,I am sure he will be happy to do his own stuff,he has said as much,but I would imagine at the moment things are still up in the air.

Old 19-12-2010, 07:30 PM #30

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezzie View Post
Yeah, Let's forget they've had critical success and Gold & Platinum albums sales before this because they're obviously some garage band who's lucky to be given some sort of hand by the Godlike Cowell They didn't need X Factor and they don't care about it, I'm pretty sure it was their label that made the decision.

By your logic then the Crazy frog is better then Coldplay as it beat them to Number 1. The singles chart is a pit of bad taste and does nothing to grant credibility to anyone. The Albums chart is more credible and Biffy Clyro are more based around albums so their singles aren't going to do well in the singles chart is it's mostly dominated by pop/dance/R'n'B/Rap type music. It's common sense really. You're grasping at straws trying to defend it really. Anything can get to number 1 with the right promotion and Matt Cardle is a result of it. He wouldn't have done as well if it wasn't for the X Factor push.

Biffy got to number 20 in a chart where alternate types of music rarely make a splash and they didn't have the publicity either. It's much more of an achievement then Matt Cardle's number 1 and you're lying to yourself if you think he really earned it.

Difference between Rebecca's & Matt's songs was that the original of Rebecca's was an awful Duffy Album track and she could have only improved on it. Biffy's was much more superior, raw and heartfelt. Matt's version is robotic, stunted and quite frankly boring.
But Duffy fans would not have thought Duffy awful would they?same as you don't think Biffy is awful,they would have the same opinion as you,not all Biffy fans think Matt has ruined it either,people ARE entitalled to like what they want ,just because YOU think he has ruined it ,not everyone does,and Of course Matt earned his number one,he is the one that has slogged away for years with his music,I've heard Biffys(thanks to Matt) and for me it isn't as good as Matts,so sorry ,but it's true,There are lots of chart music i don't like but would never diss people for their preferences,it's their choice,whether I think the song is crap or not,it's not the end of the world now is it.You cannot force people to like the music you like.

Old 19-12-2010, 07:38 PM #31
Altar Ego

Altar Ego

What an arrogant git. The most powerful promotional machine in music pushed your by the numbers cover into the number one spot so that the droves of mindless girls who fell for your image might actually realize that you also dabble in a bit of music and might shell out for the ... oh I don't know ... fifteen or so copies it takes to actually get to number one nowadays.

Criticizm comes part and parcel with any musical endeavour even moreso with credible endeavours of which yours is not. Is it all really too much to handle as you roll around in the snow with a number one and a small army of people willing to fuck your brains out at the next inevitable nightclub appearance?
Old 19-12-2010, 07:42 PM #32
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
But Duffy fans would not have thought Duffy awful would they?same as you don't think Biffy is awful,they would have the same opinion as you,not all Biffy fans think Matt has ruined it either,people ARE entitalled to like what they want ,just because YOU think he has ruined it ,not everyone does,and Of course Matt earned his number one,he is the one that has slogged away for years with his music,I've heard Biffys(thanks to Matt) and for me it isn't as good as Matts,so sorry ,but it's true,There are lots of chart music i don't like but would never diss people for their preferences,it's their choice,whether I think the song is crap or not,it's not the end of the world now is it.You cannot force people to like the music you like.
Matt has earned NOTHING. So what he's been 'slogging' away for years, so has many superior artists who won't have achieved his instant but fleeting 'success'. He won a talent show, he took the fast track since he obviously couldn't get anywhere by himself which speaks a lot about his future prospects. He's earned nothing so far and too right he's got critics, his version is **** and like all X Factor singles, no one will care in a few weeks time. They're disposable.

I'm not forcing anyone into anything, in fact you and the other fans have been reacting badly to anyone saying a word against him so don't try that point with me because it's hypocritical.

I'm just stating my opinion that Matt Cardle is generic and has no future in the industry and that his single is one of the worst X Factor Singles I've heard.
Old 19-12-2010, 08:06 PM #33
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

I dont seen how he made it an 'average XF song', whatever that may be o.o

Old 19-12-2010, 08:20 PM #34
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

I never understand why they don't write a new song for the winners song, as opposed to using somebody elses work...

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Old 19-12-2010, 08:28 PM #35
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
He's arrogant in thinking that he deserves praise when he's done very little to earn it. He'll get some slack when he's released some decent music but until or if that happens then he's gonna get derided like all the other sub par artists.

What makes him so special that critics can't have a negative opinion on him?

I think they wen't for a very credible song and overproduced it until it became a very cheesy and a typical X Factor single. It's nothing really new and it has none of the essence that made the original great. Winning the show is the easy part, it doesn't give you any credibility, it hinders you. Nobody will take him seriously and too right, winning a TV show means nothing. You've got to back it up with good songs and his song is shallow sh*t.

Other artists wouldn't get any slack for releasing terrible music, they'd get eaten up and spit out by critics as well, so again what makes him so special that he should be above this?
It might not be to your liking, Matt might not be to your liking, but it's hardly terrible music.

You really loathe this guy with a passion....... it's quite bizarre to be honest, you harbour so much negative emotion for someone who did nothing more than win a singing contest. Do you know him personally. The way you go on about him, it's as though you really have something personal going on?

He's not above anything - and that includes being able to voice his opinions on things that relate to him directly and personally - he has a right of reply like anyone else who is being criticised!!

As for 'winning the show is the easy part'..... that's not even worth responding to.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 19-12-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 19-12-2010, 08:32 PM #36
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Matt has earned NOTHING. So what he's been 'slogging' away for years, so has many superior artists who won't have achieved his instant but fleeting 'success'. He won a talent show, he took the fast track since he obviously couldn't get anywhere by himself which speaks a lot about his future prospects. He's earned nothing so far and too right he's got critics, his version is **** and like all X Factor singles, no one will care in a few weeks time. They're disposable.

I'm not forcing anyone into anything, in fact you and the other fans have been reacting badly to anyone saying a word against him so don't try that point with me because it's hypocritical.

I'm just stating my opinion that Matt Cardle is generic and has no future in the industry and that his single is one of the worst X Factor Singles I've heard.
Actually you are wrong. He's earned the title of Winner of X Factor 2010 - you might not be happy about it, but he has actually earned that, through merit alone (and not through judges 'tampering' with the voting processes).
Old 19-12-2010, 09:54 PM #37
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
It might not be to your liking, Matt might not be to your liking, but it's hardly terrible music.

You really loathe this guy with a passion....... it's quite bizarre to be honest, you harbour so much negative emotion for someone who did nothing more than win a singing contest. Do you know him personally. The way you go on about him, it's as though you really have something personal going on?

He's not above anything - and that includes being able to voice his opinions on things that relate to him directly and personally - he has a right of reply like anyone else who is being criticised!!

As for 'winning the show is the easy part'..... that's not even worth responding to.
It's pretty much a decent song that's been overproduced and been given a key change and a choir, it's a generic X factor cover, it's essentially the original with any merit stripped from it. It's terrible.

I don't care about him, I just think he's incredibly overrated and his fans make him out to be the second coming when in reality there's thousands of similar and better artists out there. He's nothing new or different. I'm not some deranged loon who hates him for no reason, I've always stated why I disliked him and those points always get ignored so that you, Kazanne & Niamh at times can try to paint me as something I'm not. It's a very low move. Argue my points instead of going straight for me. If I was a lesser person I'd probably question your own irrational emotive investment in him but I won't.

I'll repeat what I've said before to help you try to argue properly in future.

- Technically he's a good singer but he lacks depth or subtlety, despite his talent at hitting high notes, his voice is plain and lacks character.
- Limited, He's been put into the ballad box which means that he can turn a 4 minute song into 3 minutes and 45 seconds of waiting around until he reaches the key change. He also has no versatility as he failed whenever he tried something different to the boring ballads.
- His lower ranges suck, it's all about the big moment with him rather then the song as a whole.

Every artist gets criticised, Yet you don't get Lady Gaga crying to the press that critics should go easier on her. It comes with the job and the vast amount of money and luxuries he'll recieve. It's arrogance, he thinks just because he won he's above such things as criticism.

Finally on this quote, Winning is the easy part, especially for him, he won every show even when he was shocking There was no question he wasn't going to win it so that was the easy part.

Quote:
Actually you are wrong. He's earned the title of Winner of X Factor 2010 - you might not be happy about it, but he has actually earned that, through merit alone (and not through judges 'tampering' with the voting processes).
In the real world winning is more of a sign you're simply agreeable rather then having the potential to be successful as evidenced by the appalling success rate of the winning acts. Winning doesn't instantly make anyone a superstar or grant them instant respect. They've still got to earn it, Matt hasn't. Only gullible people who swallow every word Simon says honestly thinks that the X Factor is credible or some sort of worthy competition.

When (or more likely IF) he does something half decent with his album I'll give him praise. At the moment though there's nothing to write home about apart from a ropey cover.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:05 PM #38
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
It's pretty much a decent song that's been overproduced and been given a key change and a choir, it's a generic X factor cover, it's essentially the original with any merit stripped from it. It's terrible.

I don't care about him, I just think he's incredibly overrated and his fans make him out to be the second coming when in reality there's thousands of similar and better artists out there. He's nothing new or different. I'm not some deranged loon who hates him for no reason, I've always stated why I disliked him and those points always get ignored so that you, Kazanne & Niamh at times can try to paint me as something I'm not. It's a very low move. Argue my points instead of going straight for me. If I was a lesser person I'd probably question your own irrational emotive investment in him but I won't.

I'll repeat what I've said before to help you try to argue properly in future.

- Technically he's a good singer but he lacks depth or subtlety, despite his talent at hitting high notes, his voice is plain and lacks character.
- Limited, He's been put into the ballad box which means that he can turn a 4 minute song into 3 minutes and 45 seconds of waiting around until he reaches the key change. He also has no versatility as he failed whenever he tried something different to the boring ballads.
- His lower ranges suck, it's all about the big moment with him rather then the song as a whole.

Every artist gets criticised, Yet you don't get Lady Gaga crying to the press that critics should go easier on her. It comes with the job and the vast amount of money and luxuries he'll recieve. It's arrogance, he thinks just because he won he's above such things as criticism.

Finally on this quote, Winning is the easy part, especially for him, he won every show even when he was shocking There was no question he wasn't going to win it so that was the easy part.

In the real world winning is more of a sign you're simply agreeable rather then having the potential to be successful as evidenced by the appalling success rate of the winning acts. Winning doesn't instantly make anyone a superstar or grant them instant respect. They've still got to earn it, Matt hasn't. Only gullible people who swallow every word Simon says honestly thinks that the X Factor is credible or some sort of worthy competition.

When (or more likely IF) he does something half decent with his album I'll give him praise. At the moment though there's nothing to write home about apart from a ropey cover.
for someone who doesn't care about him... you sure as hell bang on some amount about him. I don't think that's healthy. Sorry, but I don't.

As for his fans thinking he's the second coming. Get a grip for goodness sake, I like his voice, but I don't see anyone here fawning over him like he was something dropped from Heaven.

With regards to the rest of your rant - and that is what it is, a rant..... when you come down off your high horse, I may consider discussing with you, till then..... enjoy the view from your lofty position - but to be honest with you, given your own wording in many of your posts on this thread, I think you calling Matt 'arrogant' reminds me of 3 words: pot, kettle, black.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 19-12-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:08 PM #39
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanne View Post
You don't know that.wasn't her song a cover?aren't all the XFactor songs covers who's to say the fans of the song Rebecca would have done would not have been so bitter as Biffys.
Go listen to Distant Dreamer by Duffy, Rebecca blew her out of the water.

And when writing a sentence, can you leave a space after a piece of punctuation rather than writing like you do, it's really annoying and hard to read.

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 19-12-2010, 10:14 PM #40
Banned

Banned

Quote:
for someone who doesn't care about him... you sure as hell bang on some amount about him. I don't think that's healthy. Sorry, but I don't.

As for his fans thinking he's the second coming. Get a grip for goodness sake, I like his voice, but I don't see anyone here fawning over him like he was something dropped from Heaven.

With regards to the rest of your rant - and that is what it is, a rant..... when you come down off your high horse, I may consider discussing with you, till then..... enjoy the view from your lofty position - but to be honest with you, given your own wording in many of your posts on this thread, I think you calling Matt 'arrogant' reminds me of 3 words: pot, kettle, black.
Again you're playing the low card, are you capable of reacting to any criticism to Matt Cardle without resorting to calling the opposition unhealthy and deranged? It's a bit pathetic. Again if I sunk to your level I could laugh at the fact that you've argued for a multitude of pages over whether Ben and Mario or friends which paints you in a very hypocritical light...But I shan't.

Again discarding what I've said as a 'rant?'. To me that says you've got no counter for it or even better, you couldn't be bothered to read it. I'll take the victory here then and you've only sealed that by calling me arrogant. Getting personal again...

I know this seems to be a foreign concept to you my dear but in future you could try reading my posts, as alien as that may seem. But then again, you'll just discard anything I say by calling me arrogant, unbalanced and what other laughable insults you have to offer.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:18 PM #41
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Arrow

Quote:
Again you're playing the low card, are you capable of reacting to any criticism to Matt Cardle without resorting to calling the opposition unhealthy and deranged? It's a bit pathetic. Again if I sunk to your level I could laugh at the fact that you've argued for a multitude of pages over whether Ben and Mario or friends which paints you in a very hypocritical light...But I shan't.

Again discarding what I've said as a 'rant?'. To me that says you've got no counter for it or even better, you couldn't be bothered to read it. I'll take the victory here then and you've only sealed that by calling me arrogant. Getting personal again...

I know this seems to be a foreign concept to you my dear but in future you could try reading my posts, as alien as that may seem. But then again, you'll just discard anything I say by calling me arrogant, unbalanced and what other laughable insults you have to offer.
Prezzie, I don't have to insult you. You seem to be doing a pretty good job of showing yourself up, and showing your arrogance, all on your ownsome.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:20 PM #42
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Prezzie, I don't have to insult you. You seem to be doing a pretty good job of showing yourself up, and showing your arrogance, all on your ownsome.
It's good to know you're still avoiding any points I've made. At least hold your hands up and admit defeat because resorting to 'I know you are but what am I?' is rather hilariously immature.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:23 PM #43
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
It's good to know you're still avoiding any points I've made. At least hold your hands up and admit defeat because resorting to 'I know you are but what am I?' is rather hilariously immature.
Is your life so empty that you have to keep resorting to 'point scoring', 'who wins', 'who is defeated', what age are you for goodness sake !!? It's discussion Prezzie, it's not some competition - or maybe you lost that point along the way....

An incredibly boring discussion the way it's going, so I'll leave you to it.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:28 PM #44
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Is your life so empty that you have to keep resorting to 'point scoring', 'who wins', 'who is defeated', what age are you for goodness sake !!? It's discussion Prezzie, it's not some competition - or maybe you lost that point along the way....

An incredibly boring discussion the way it's going, so I'll leave you to it.
Getting personal again, and for the record, you brought age into that topic not me so good work on calling me out on that. It is a discussion, one of which you've stuck you head in the sand for most of it insulting me instead of arguing any points I or others might have put across. Good job. But go on then, leave, maybe then the topic can go beyond petty insults.
Old 19-12-2010, 10:52 PM #45
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Getting personal again, and for the record, you brought age into that topic not me so good work on calling me out on that. It is a discussion, one of which you've stuck you head in the sand for most of it insulting me instead of arguing any points I or others might have put across. Good job. But go on then, leave, maybe then the topic can go beyond petty insults.

A question is not an insult, it is a question. Unless of course, you simply didn't like the question.... Carry on.... I see people are clambering over themselves to discuss with you.......
Old 19-12-2010, 11:01 PM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
A question is not an insult, it is a question. Unless of course, you simply didn't like the question.... Carry on.... I see people are clambering over themselves to discuss with you.......
Weren't you leaving?

While you're here then, calling me arrogant, saying I'm unhealthy and that I've got no life doesn't count as an insult to you? It does in my book. If I was looking into this topic as an outsider mod you'd be infracted. It's a discussion/debate at the end of the day so there's no need.

Also, if you bothered to read my posts I did say that if he came out with a decent album i'd obviously praise him but he doesn't deserve any critical acclaim for anything he's done so far.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:09 PM #47
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Weren't you leaving?

While you're here then, calling me arrogant, saying I'm unhealthy and that I've got no life doesn't count as an insult to you? It does in my book. If I was looking into this topic as an outsider mod you'd be infracted. It's a discussion/debate at the end of the day so there's no need.

Also, if you bothered to read my posts I did say that if he came out with a decent album i'd obviously praise him but he doesn't deserve any critical acclaim for anything he's done so far.
I am more than allowed to consider that I personally find you arrogant. That is not an insult as you keep harping on... that is my personal perception of your posting style and one in which I am quite entitled to put forth. I did not say you were unhealthy, I said continually posting in the manner you are doing about Matt, "I did not think was healthy" - that's a thought Prezzie, my thought - it's not an insult. I asked if you had such an empty life.... I did not say you had no life.

Now..... seeing as you are the very person who keeps telling me to 'read again'....I suggest a little of the same back to you. Read what is actually written, and not what you think is written.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:20 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Quote:
I am more than allowed to consider that I personally find you arrogant. That is not an insult as you keep harping on... that is my personal perception of your posting style and one in which I am quite entitled to put forth. I did not say you were unhealthy, I said continually posting in the manner you are doing about Matt, "I did not think was healthy" - that's a thought Prezzie, my thought - it's not an insult. I asked if you had such an empty life.... I did not say you had no life.

Now..... seeing as you are the very person who keeps telling me to 'read again'....I suggest a little of the same back to you. Read what is actually written, and not what you think is written.
You made the conscious decision to make it personal, instead of going 'I disagree with your point about Matt's versatility because.....' you went straight to attacks on my person. I've been very balanced on Matt, I've gave him praise when he has done a good performance and will do so IF he comes out with a good album. Just because I have a negative opinion on him doesn't entitle you to get personal with anyone.

You were insulting, you're just smart enough to know how to cover yourself up. Being subtle will not save you from an infraction from the mods no matter how you cut it in future. The intent was there and plain for anyone to see.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:27 PM #49
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
You made the conscious decision to make it personal, instead of going 'I disagree with your point about Matt's versatility because.....' you went straight to attacks on my person. I've been very balanced on Matt, I've gave him praise when he has done a good performance and will do so IF he comes out with a good album. Just because I have a negative opinion on him doesn't entitle you to get personal with anyone.

You were insulting, you're just smart enough to know how to cover yourself up. Being subtle will not save you from an infraction from the mods no matter how you cut it in future. The intent was there and plain for anyone to see.
Prezzie. The only person doing any insulting here, or coming close to it, is you. Not me. I have not called you arrogant. I did not say you were unhealthy. I did not say you did not have a life.

I do get the feeling that you think because you are Tibbs staff, that you have this 'holier than thou' attitude. Go report me ..... that might make you feel a whole lot better.
Old 19-12-2010, 11:39 PM #50
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Prezzie. The only person doing any insulting here, or coming close to it, is you. Not me. I have not called you arrogant. I did not say you were unhealthy. I did not say you did not have a life.

I do get the feeling that you think because you are Tibbs staff, that you have this 'holier than thou' attitude. Go report me ..... that might make you feel a whole lot better.
I've not been insulting at all towards any members in this topic, and again you attack 'Holier then Thou' am I now? . You know what I'm going to leave it here. It's rather pathetic and my points stand for any reasonable Matt fans to disagree with all they like.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cardle