Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 19-01-2007, 12:18 AM #26
Banned

Banned

racism is a when the person victimised feels he or she has been : -

taking advantage of
abused
bitched and bullied about

becuase a vibe or a blatent overt suggests its the colour of her or his skin, or trates of race...

no one has to say anything for there to be racism. humans arent that thick to see a facial expression, or feel a vibe, or feel body language.

these vibes and body languages were used to put shilpa down in her place. Becuase shes brown they think its easier to eliminate her from the game.
rex3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 12:21 AM #27
Banned

Banned

any one agree?
Old 19-01-2007, 12:23 AM #28

Quote:
Originally posted by rex3

taking advantage of
abused

becuase a vibe or a blatent overt suggests its the colour of her or his skin, or trates of race...

no one has to say anything for there to be racism. humans arent that thick to see a facial expression, or feel a vibe, or feel body language.

these vibes and body languages were used to put shilpa down in her place. Becuase shes brown they think its easier to eliminate her from the game.
So we're going to label Danielle, Jo and Jade racists because of 'vibes'?
Edwin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 12:23 AM #29
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon

I think the. the question we are all trying to understand from all this is "what is racism?"
Yeah I agree.

The excuses I have heard on this forum to defend the racism, actually in some cases nearly contradicts racism as something that even exists.

There is racism involved, and anyone who says any different doesnt fully understand.

The most important thing is to not act like its the end of the world as we know it. Racism is just a word used to describe the concept of what is going on in that house. It can even be as extreme as examples such as the holocaust. Denying it is the worst possible thing that we can do, and to acknowledge it in small doses like in Big Brother is a very realistic way of being able to tackle and discuss the issue.
The_Hitman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 12:24 AM #30
Banned

Banned

the same way your giving me a vibe that you dont like me, becuase of this disagreement. have you never felt vibes or body language from some one that doesnt like you for a paticular reason?

what about body language, and ostrasization. and the easy way of eleminating one constestant

insulting members is not allowed post edited - insult removed - U2U sent
Old 19-01-2007, 12:26 AM #31
Banned

Banned

i think jade is a rasist but not as much as danielle and jo's just an obvious bitch
Old 19-01-2007, 12:26 AM #32

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Hitman
Yeah I agree.

The excuses I have heard on this forum to defend the racism, actually in some cases nearly contradicts racism as something that even exists.

There is racism involved, and anyone who says any different doesnt fully understand.

The most important thing is to not act like its the end of the world as we know it. Racism is just a word used to describe the concept of what is going on in that house. It can even be as extreme as examples such as the holocaust. Denying it is the worst possible thing that we can do, and to acknowledge it in small doses like in Big Brother is a very realistic way of being able to tackle and discuss the issue.
I'd rather you not labelling me as someone who "doesn't understand" because I don't agree with your opinion, it's quite small-minded.

Racism, to me, is disliking someone for the colour of their skin before anything else. So for example hating Shilpa as soon as they lay eyes on her because shes Asian.

But what the "bullies" have done is mock her culture after they disliked her for other things, that is derogatory and offensive but not racism and seems to be based on mere ignorance rather than hatred.
Old 19-01-2007, 12:27 AM #33
Banned

Banned

edwin that fact you think rasism is that simple, "not liking someone for the colour of there skin" just goes to show?

taking advantage of
abused

no one has to say anything for there to be racism. humans arent that thick to see a facial expression, or feel a vibe, or feel body language. Have you ever felt bad vibes from some one who doesnt like you for some paticular reason?

Old 19-01-2007, 12:28 AM #34
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Edwin

I'd rather you not labelling me as someone who "doesn't understand" because I don't agree with your opinion, it's quite small-minded.
No its not small minded. If you dont understand something, Im not going to play along like you can. Forget that.
The_Hitman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 12:29 AM #35
Banned

Banned

if your still wining about them above obvious facts then ill piss of and let the night time crawlers post, becuase they think all the shilpa fans have gone to sleep, they think they can prove them selves right with less debate competition.

good night, and all iv gathered here is there are more rasists then previously thought
Old 19-01-2007, 12:32 AM #36

Quote:
edwin that fact you think rasism is that simple, "not liking someone for the colour of there skin" just goes to show
What is it then? Racism is IMO juding someone on the colour of their skin above anything else. The things they have said can be interpreted as racist, but I don't think they themselves are racist. Just ignorant.

Quote:
no one has to say anything for there to be racism. humans arent that thick to see a facial expression, or feel a vibe, or feel body language. Have you ever felt bad vibes from some one who doesnt like you for some paticular reason?
Of course. But I wouldn't say they were racist because they had "bad vibes" Just because someone is Indian and they are not liked by whites doesn't IMMEDIATELY mean that the perpertrators are racist.

Quote:
But that's big brother, people are going to group up, dislike each other and slag each other off. It doesn't mean it's racism. It can be bullying, but I find that a rather pointless argument considering the whole programme is engineered to create conflict.
Old 19-01-2007, 12:33 AM #37

Quote:
No its not small minded. If you dont understand something, Im not going to play along like you can. Forget that.
Understanding is a seperate issue from agreeing.
Old 19-01-2007, 09:25 AM #38

Quote:
Cleos playing it very clever.

She lost alot of my respect when she voted Shilpa FIRST and voted her anyway. Cleo should not have pretended it was for Shilpas own good, as she can leave whenever she wants.

I dont trust Cleo anymore.
thank you!
abs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 09:53 AM #39

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon

I think the. the question we are all trying to understand from all this is "what is racism?"
Yeah I agree.

I understand slightly what you mean, what you have said does make sense.

Some of the things that have been said can be viewed as racist comments, that is understandable, but I don't think they were racially motivated, they weren't said purposly/knowingly to offend/disrespect a whole culture/race - they were said through ignorance.

I think to say they are racist implies they don't like Shilpa because of her skin colour, and I don't think this is what they don't like about her.

I think they don't like her because she is the only other young woman in the house and she is very different to them in terms of the way she carries her self, they are jealous of her and have therefore bullied her. I think if it was an asian girl who was brought up in England there would be none of this.
ttw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 10:05 AM #40

Cleo is playing it clever, but not anymore the cracks are showing.
Leona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 10:13 AM #41

I don't think Cleo's playing any game.. she nominated both, as she genuinally likes both sides and wanted to play fair.

I think the only reason she voted Shilpa first and cried when she voted Jade was because she has formed a closer bond with Jade.

She is with Jade much more than she is Shilpa.
ttw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-01-2007, 10:16 AM #42

Quote:
Originally posted by Edwin
Quote:
To be honest I couldnt give a s**t about all these Devils Advocates that have turned up. I have the ability to be objective toward the events that Ive seen on TV, and when Im debating about it, the last thing I want to bother with is people lying about things or getting offensive with people who are already dealing with their own stress after what theyve seen that animal Goody doing in that house.

Im not saying you are responsible for any of the lies, but you have just ordered someone how to behave. Whats wrong, is Jades obnoxious attitude rubbing off on you whilst youve been thinking how to stick up for her?
You can't order someone how to behave on an internet forum. I may have said it in an 'orderly' way but she can do what she wants in the end of it. All I wanted her to know was that I thought she was acting like a teenager and in order to have a decent argument you mays well back up an opinion with something

Is it wrong to act like a teenager now? what did you mean 'she is acting like a teenager' do all teenagers in your opinion act imature!

racist!

lol
tinkerbell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
clever, playing