Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-11-2015, 05:45 PM #26
You know my methods

You know my methods

At lest he is trying to address a massive problem.

Look at France and Belgium at the moment....

now there is a success story

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 06:37 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I read an article about this, apparently the poll asked something completely different to what the headline stated. Just another misleading Sun headline.
Yes so did I, that Sun article has been widely discredited. It's misleading propaganda, as usual. Don't be fooled by it

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 06:49 PM #28
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
Yes so did I, that Sun article has been widely discredited. It's misleading propaganda, as usual. Don't be fooled by it
you mean the guardian ran a story saying "oh you cant trust polls"

until the next time one supports their blatant left wing agenda that is...
Old 25-11-2015, 06:53 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
you mean the guardian ran a story saying "oh you cant trust polls"

until the next time one supports their blatant left wing agenda that is...
No, like I said it was widely discredited as being misleading. Have a look into it and you'll see why. I don't really want to give any more attention to it to be honest because it isn't relevant.

Old 25-11-2015, 06:55 PM #30
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
No, like I said it was widely discredited as being misleading. Have a look into it and you'll see why. I don't really want to give any more attention to it to be honest because it isn't relevant.
so you dont think that there is a worrying level of sympathy amongst muslims in the UK?
Old 25-11-2015, 07:10 PM #31

Quote:
so you dont think that there is a worrying level of sympathy amongst muslims in the UK?
I honestly don't know, I have no idea what the levels of sympathy are. But obviously if they really are high then that would be worrying, because of course no one should be sympathising with terrorists. But I think realistically that this probably isn't the problem anyway, and if we're looking for a solution to all of this, then segregating or demonising muslim people even further is surely only going to make things worse?

Old 25-11-2015, 07:24 PM #32
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
I honestly don't know, I have no idea what the levels of sympathy are. But obviously if they really are high then that would be worrying, because of course no one should be sympathising with terrorists. But I think realistically that this probably isn't the problem anyway, and if we're looking for a solution to all of this, then segregating or demonising muslim people even further is surely only going to make things worse?
tolerating this religion and allowing ghettos to develop has created a huge problem for us
Old 25-11-2015, 07:54 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Dezzy it is Fake
A data base, an ID card, a badge...its all the same thing. Americans have to use ID cards all the time.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/20/op...p-anti-muslim/
Old 25-11-2015, 08:01 PM #34

Quote:
tolerating this religion and allowing ghettos to develop has created a huge problem for us
I don't know where you live LT but I'm in the heart of London and I spend a lot of time visiting friends in Stratford and shop along Mile End Rd. I work with Muslims, I've had Muslim neighbours and I've never felt uncomfortable or threatened when I'm in large Muslim communities, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Old 25-11-2015, 08:03 PM #35
-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

-

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I read an article about this, apparently the poll asked something completely different to what the headline stated. Just another misleading Sun headline.
the sun are absolute *****
T* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 08:09 PM #36
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
I don't know where you live LT but I'm in the heart of London and I spend a lot of time visiting friends in Stratford and shop along Mile End Rd. I work with Muslims, I've had Muslim neighbours and I've never felt uncomfortable or threatened when I'm in large Muslim communities, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 08:16 PM #37
we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

we

Favourites:
BB7: Jayne

He's a ****
Samm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 08:37 PM #38
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

It's been done. Didn't turn out well.

Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 09:09 PM #39
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
BB19: Lewis F
iconic

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun

If the past counts for anything, it's that we must learn for it. ID Cards were one of the first tools of oppression used against the Jewish people in WW2 and we must never go down that path again.

Honestly, all this dehumanisation and vilification of muslims.. makes me wonder if he's ever met any? Though there are not that many in my town, all the muslims I've ever spoken to seem like lovely people. I don't doubt there are bad eggs just like any grouping of people, but it's not 'most' of muslims, which is what the media makes out.

Favourite housemates
if a series is excluded, then I haven't watched it or don't currently have a favourite.
Spoiler:

Favourite housemates (BBUK)
BB18: Chanelle
BB17: Jayne
BB16: Joel
BB15: Ashleigh
BB14: Gina
BB8: Charley
BB7: Nikki
BB6: Makosi

JoshBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-11-2015, 09:19 PM #40

I agree Josh, the press have a lot to answer for. The more we alienate these people and the more we take away their sense of belonging, the more likely they are to kick back at us with equal hatred.
Old 26-11-2015, 03:04 AM #41

i don't really see the point. i can already tell who is a muslim very easily. they tend to stick out. i have pretty good musdar.
Old 26-11-2015, 06:04 AM #42
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I don't know what's more standout, the girl in the Bikini in the top right corner, or the Jihadist that's holding a Knife whilst looking half asleep?

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 06:06 AM #43
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..we have no weapons against IS, none..I don't mean armies or governments but the general public because the general public are the targets and the vulnerable...what we do have though and the only thing we have is to not allow communities to turn on each other, to be suspicious of each other and most definitely not to be in some way 'labelled' as a potential 'enemy'...that's exactly what IS want, it really is one of their strongest weapons if we allow it...paranoia, suspicion etc..destroying us without raising a weapon to do so..and good old Donald, giving them exactly what they want...

..obviously in my job, we do PREVENT training and like any safeguarding stuff, it's about things being there that would cause concern..but not looking for them to be there, not scrutinising for them to be there..because if we do that, then we'll be looking from a perspective of negativity and a perspective of suspicion and then that's when a community completely dissolves../job done IS, glad to serve you...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 06:58 AM #44

I know this is going to lower me in the 'Tibb Popularity Lists' even more, but I'm sorry - I cannot contain myself.

I am sick to ******* death of hearing phrases such as 'Alienating' and 'segregating' and 'ostracising' when it comes to immigrants, especially Muslims.

The British people have opened up this country for them, welcomed them with open arms, and extended jobs or benefits to them, provided housing for them to live in, and Mosques for them to worship in. We have even allowed them to practice Sharia Law in some forms.

And yes, SOME Muslims DO integrate, and ARE friendly, but a whole LOT more do not and are not.

A whole lot more HAVE clustered themselves into 'Ghettos' as LeatherTrumpet so rightly says, and they do not WANT to 'mix' with the indigenous British. They do not WANT to accept our laws, our customs and traditions, our 'Way of Life. They do not WANT to integrate.

Some of you may have 'lived side by side' with Muslims and found no problem, no hostility, no threat, and that's YOUR own direct experience which is good. There is however, another side to the coin - Muslim areas which are virtually 'No Go' to Non-Muslims and even British Policemen.

Parts of Southall and Tower Hamlets in London, parts of Burnley in Lancashire, and Bradford and Huddersfield in Yorkshire - among many others - all have Muslim ghettos where white non-Muslims who know the areas well, steer clear of.

Integration - like Racial Tolerance - is a 'two way sword', and not ALL immigrants who come here WANT any part of either.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 26-11-2015 at 07:23 AM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 07:03 AM #45

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I know this is going to lower me in the 'Tibb Popularity Lists' even more, but I'm sorry - I cannot contain myself.

I am sick to ******* death of hearing phrases such as 'Alienating' and 'segregating' and 'ostracising' when it comes to immigrants, especially Muslims.

The British people have opened up this country for them, welcomed them with open arms, and extended jobs or benefits to them, provided housing for them to live in, and Mosques for them to worship in. We have even allowed the to practice Sharia Law in some forms.

And yes, SOME Muslims DO integrate, and ARE friendly, but a whole LOT more do not and are not.

A whole lot more HAVE clustered themselves into 'Ghettos' as LeatherTrumpet so rightly says, and they do not WANT to 'mix' with the indigenous British. They do not WANT to accept our laws, our customs and traditions, our 'Way of Life. They do not WANT to integrate.

Some of you may have 'lived side by side' with Muslims and found no problem, no hostility, no threat, and that's YOUR own direct experience which is good. There is however, another side to the coin - Muslim areas which are virtually 'No Go' to Non-Muslims and even British Policemen.

Parts of Southall and Tower Hamlets in London, parts of Burnley in Lancashire, and Bradford and Huddersfield in Yorkshire - among many others - all have Muslim ghettos where white non-Muslims who know the areas well, steer clear of.

Integration - like Racial Tolerance - is a 'two way sword', and not ALL immigrants who come here WANT any part of either.
I think you make some good points on what you're saying, but sadly it's very different to what Donald Trump wants which is to setup a way for the Governments in future to make you have to have ID just to go to your nearest shop, because don't believe that it will just be for Muslims is his real intentions.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 08:43 AM #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

The British people have opened up this country for them, welcomed them with open arms, and extended jobs or benefits to them, provided housing for them to live in, and Mosques for them to worship in. We have even allowed them to practice Sharia Law in some forms.

There are a few places in the UK I would consider no go areas but none of them are Muslim. There's a lot of sink estates in England, especially London and Birmingham, that have Pakistanis, Bangladeshi and Afro-Caribbean communities. If you want to rant on about how us Brits have opened this country for all these immigrants, then you can't just speak about Muslims, you have to include Orthodox Jews, Hindus and the Afro Caribbean who use all sorts of feral Christian religions.

Blaming ghetto situations on one specific religion is yet another 'bait and switch' Kirk. Sink estates and no go areas are not a religious issue, rather one of general poverty and alienation...and if you want to moan about all these bloody immigrants and how 'we' the Brits have welcomed these unappreciative people with open arms, lets at least include all ethnic minorities and not just the ones you don't like.

Oh and please don't tell me Orthodox Jews, Hindus and AC's don't form their own large communities...but then, why shouldn't they?. If they want to keep themselves to themselves what's the problem. I lived in Hackney for a while and not once did I get to have a conversation with an Orthodox Jew. I didn't leave Hackney resentfully believing Orthodox Jews were intolerant of people outside their faith, I just accepted they rarely mix and that's the way it is.
Old 26-11-2015, 09:24 AM #47
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There are a few places in the UK I would consider no go areas but none of them are Muslim. There's a lot of sink estates in England, especially London and Birmingham, that have Pakistanis, Bangladeshi and Afro-Caribbean communities. If you want to rant on about how us Brits have opened this country for all these immigrants, then you can't just speak about Muslims, you have to include Orthodox Jews, Hindus and the Afro Caribbean who use all sorts of feral Christian religions.

Blaming ghetto situations on one specific religion is yet another 'bait and switch' Kirk. Sink estates and no go areas are not a religious issue, rather one of general poverty and alienation...and if you want to moan about all these bloody immigrants and how 'we' the Brits have welcomed these unappreciative people with open arms, lets at least include all ethnic minorities and not just the ones you don't like.

Oh and please don't tell me Orthodox Jews, Hindus and AC's don't form their own large communities...but then, why shouldn't they?. If they want to keep themselves to themselves what's the problem. I lived in Hackney for a while and not once did I get to have a conversation with an Orthodox Jew. I didn't leave Hackney resentfully believing Orthodox Jews were intolerant of people outside their faith, I just accepted they rarely mix and that's the way it is.

Quote:
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you. - Don Marquis
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 10:19 AM #48
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

Old 26-11-2015, 10:20 AM #49
0_o

0_o

Up their own arse rich guys with disgusting views should be made to wear ID badges tbh. I cannot imagine the kind of person who would vote for this idiot, I really can't.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-11-2015, 10:37 AM #50
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Scary isn't it?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
badges, donald, forced, muslims, trump, wear