Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 23-07-2016, 09:07 AM #101
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

The is a sad by-product of making a country multi-cultural without asking the indigenous population, the voters and the tax-payers, if that's what they want. The East End of London used to be a vibrant, multicultural place... now the indigenous population has all but left and incomers outnumber the locals. It's an exercise that's gone too far... and it's very convenient for IS, they're calling for Muslims all around the world to carry out these atrocities, and some Muslims - we don't know which ones until people are lying dead in the street - are complying nicely. Yet still some people are trying to deny the fact that IS is leading these attacks. I've heard today that this gunman was "acting alone". So where did the firearm come from? And the ammo?

In the last few weeks in Germany, thousands of new members have signed up to organisations on the far right. Find out about Alternative für Deutschland, See what they're fighting against and how many people are joining their ranks. It terrifies me... but it is just another by-product of multiculturalism gone too far and for that, we can thank the politicians and the good people of the left who've demanded we open our doors to anyone who wants to come.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 09:20 AM #102

"but it is just another by-product of multiculturalism gone too far and for that, we can thank the politicians and the good people of the left who've demanded we open our doors to anyone who wants to come. "

Yes Livia
Bang on Right
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 09:28 AM #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
The is a sad by-product of making a country multi-cultural without asking the indigenous population, the voters and the tax-payers, if that's what they want. The East End of London used to be a vibrant, multicultural place... now the indigenous population has all but left and incomers outnumber the locals. It's an exercise that's gone too far... and it's very convenient for IS, they're calling for Muslims all around the world to carry out these atrocities, and some Muslims - we don't know which ones until people are lying dead in the street - are complying nicely. Yet still some people are trying to deny the fact that IS is leading these attacks. I've heard today that this gunman was "acting alone". So where did the firearm come from? And the ammo?

In the last few weeks in Germany, thousands of new members have signed up to organisations on the far right. Find out about Alternative für Deutschland, See what they're fighting against and how many people are joining their ranks. It terrifies me... but it is just another by-product of multiculturalism gone too far and for that, we can thank the politicians and the good people of the left who've demanded we open our doors to anyone who wants to come.
You are BACK.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 10:02 AM #104

This Iranian used Facebook
to get the public to go to McDonalds.

Then shooting them fast
using a Hand Gun Glock Pistol
300 rounds Stock
he bought from ALBANIANS
many are now DEAD

Thank You LBC LIVE

Last edited by arista; 23-07-2016 at 10:07 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 11:00 AM #105
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

A teen gunman who killed nine people and injured 27 others in Munich had no links to Islamic State, police have said.

In a news conference on Saturday morning, the attack was described as a "classic shooting rampage" and not terrorism.

Investigators said the gunman, who was born and raised in Munich, was armed with a 9mm Glock pistol and had 300 bullets in a backpack.

The authorities also revealed he had received psychiatric care and been treated for depression.

Prosecutors said he did not have a criminal record.

Seven of the victims were teenagers, police said.

Of the 27 hurt, 10 were seriously injured.

During the attack, police said they received more than 4,000 emergency calls.

It is understood the attacker later shot himself in the head, taking his own life.

His body was found on a side street near the mall, about two-and-a-half hours after the assault.

Anti-terror robots examined the backpack for explosives

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/munich-tee...100700623.html

Last edited by Ammi; 23-07-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 11:05 AM #106
-

-

Latest news seems to be that this was a lone teenager, westernised, raised mainly in Germany, with a history of mental health problems and no links at all to ISIS or any other terrorist group.

"Multiculturalism gone wrong", indeed. Seems to be the latest buzz phrase to legitimise quite blatant xenophobia. Oh boo Hoo boo Hoo people don't like it when I use that word!!

Well... Sozzles guyz... Bleating things like "multiculturalism gone wrong", "multiculturalism has failed" is the VERY definition of xenophobia. It's just hiding behind a fancier, trendy way of saying "foreigners go home!".

And then latching onto every incident to back up that thinking LONG before the full facts have come to light. But of course, from the very same who are mocking and sneering at others for passing comment before "all of the facts are known".

Once again - it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and deeply disturbing. It seems like more and more people are swayed to this arse-backwards way of thinking every day.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 23-07-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 11:09 AM #107
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
A teen gunman who killed nine people and injured 27 others in Munich had no links to Islamic State, police have said.

In a news conference on Saturday morning, the attack was described as a "classic shooting rampage" and not terrorism.

Investigators said the gunman, who was born and raised in Munich, was armed with a 9mm Glock pistol and had 300 bullets in a backpack.

The authorities also revealed he had received psychiatric care and been treated for depression.

Prosecutors said he did not have a criminal record.

Seven of the victims were teenagers, police said.

Of the 27 hurt, 10 were seriously injured.

During the attack, police said they received more than 4,000 emergency calls.

It is understood the attacker later shot himself in the head, taking his own life.

His body was found on a side street near the mall, about two-and-a-half hours after the assault.

Anti-terror robots examined the backpack for explosives

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/munich-tee...100700623.html

It's rather disturbing how people are using this to push their anti-multiculturalism agendas. Are we going to get blanket statements about millions of innocent people every time someone with brown skin commits a terrible act? Funny how people don't make similar comments when white teenagers in America shoots up schools.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 11:15 AM #108
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Latest news seems to be that this was a lone teenager, westernised, raised mainly in Germany, with a history of mental health problems and no links at all to ISIS or any other terrorist group.

"Multiculturalism gone wrong", indeed. Seems to be the latest buzz phrase to legitimise quite blatant xenophobia. Oh boo Hoo boo Hoo people don't like it when I use that word!!

Well... Sozzles guyz... Bleating things like "multiculturalism gone wrong", "multiculturalism has failed" is the VERY definition of xenophobia. It's just hiding behind a fancier, trendy way of saying "foreigners go home!".

And then latching onto every incident to back up that thinking LONG before the full facts have come to light. But of course, from the very same who are mocking and sneering at others for passing comment before "all of the facts are known".

Once again - it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and deeply disturbing. It seems like more and more people are swayed to this arse-backwards way of thinking every day.

Thank you for saying what I was feeling, this is a byproduct of the harassed, harangued and marginalised. The transcript of the conversation before the shooting is testament to the abuse he himself explained had been ongoing for 7yrs.

So if anyone's wondering if my heart is bleeding for him...yes, yes it is.
It bleeds for anyone affected by hate, the shooter, the victims even the ones who advocate far right extremist propaganda as suitable reading material.
Old 23-07-2016, 11:18 AM #109
-

-

Quote:
Find out about Alternative für Deutschland, See what they're fighting against and how many people are joining their ranks. It terrifies me... but it is just another by-product of multiculturalism gone too far and for that, we can thank the politicians and the good people of the left who've demanded we open our doors to anyone who wants to come.
Are you seriously legitimising and justifying far-right political extremism? I don't even know how to respond to that... It's almost beyond comprehension, Livia.

I know you're not condoning these groups but when it comes to the horrific mindsets that spark their creation, you are passing the buck from the individuals involved onto "the current government" or worse still, onto the "foreign folks" to whom they have taken offense. Setting Mr Godwin aside here, and entirely seriously, this is exactly the sort of rhetoric that was passed around and allowed the Nazi party to rise. Utterly flabbergasted,and I can't imagine for a second that you would make the same excuses for them, or state that their rise was "the consequence of allowing Jews into Germany without asking the population what they wanted first".

Like I said I don't think this is Godwin territory. It is exactly what happened, and an exact parallel.
Old 23-07-2016, 12:30 PM #110
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Are you seriously legitimising and justifying far-right political extremism? I don't even know how to respond to that... It's almost beyond comprehension, Livia.

I know you're not condoning these groups but when it comes to the horrific mindsets that spark their creation, you are passing the buck from the individuals involved onto "the current government" or worse still, onto the "foreign folks" to whom they have taken offense. Setting Mr Godwin aside here, and entirely seriously, this is exactly the sort of rhetoric that was passed around and allowed the Nazi party to rise. Utterly flabbergasted,and I can't imagine for a second that you would make the same excuses for them, or state that their rise was "the consequence of allowing Jews into Germany without asking the population what they wanted first".

Like I said I don't think this is Godwin territory. It is exactly what happened, and an exact parallel.
You saw that I said it terrified me, right? You DID see that? I really don't need you to explain Nazism to me.

I was waiting for the denials that multiculturalism is to blame for this, for allowing extremists to thrive, to do the dirty work of IS in the West. And I knew exactly from whom the denials would come.

Your trite and silly comment "I can't imagine for a second that you would make the same excuses for them, or state that their rise was "the consequence of allowing Jews into Germany without asking the population what they wanted first". " is quite meaningless here. The Jews weren't waging war against the west at the time, they weren't blowing up civilians, they weren't driving trucks over civilians or opening fire in shopping malls. And you suggesting there is ANY similarity between the Jews who were murdered in the Holocaust with the situation now is insulting and small-minded.

I hope to God no one you love is ever harmed by an Islamic terrorist so that you can continue to be this blinkered forever.

Last edited by Livia; 23-07-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 01:07 PM #111
-

-

Quote:
You saw that I said it terrified me, right? You DID see that? I really don't need you to explain Nazism to me.

I was waiting for the denials that multiculturalism is to blame for this, for allowing extremists to thrive, to do the dirty work of IS in the West. And I knew exactly from whom the denials would come.

Your trite and silly comment "I can't imagine for a second that you would make the same excuses for them, or state that their rise was "the consequence of allowing Jews into Germany without asking the population what they wanted first". " is quite meaningless here. The Jews weren't waging war against the west at the time, they weren't blowing up civilians, they weren't driving trucks over civilians or opening fire in shopping malls. And you suggesting there is ANY similarity between the Jews who were murdered in the Holocaust with the situation now is insulting and small-minded.

I hope to God no one you love is ever harmed by an Islamic terrorist so that you can continue to be this blinkered forever.
I did see that which is why I said that I know you're not condoning it - but you are justifying it. You're straight up saying that there are valid explanations for far-right fascist groups to form and that those groups and their actions are the fault of "the other" and not those individuals themselves.

And no, the marginalised Jewish people pre-ww2 hadn't turned to extremism before it hit boiling point. What had happened, though, was that they had been demonised and made monsters by propaganda, made "different", made "other" and dehumanised to justify their removal in the minds of perfectly normal, average German people. In reality the Jewish people were not destroying anything or harming anyone, but the atrocities that followed were allowed to happen by a population who had been convinced that they were. This is what happens when multiculturalism is NOT embraced.

Or home grown terrorists. They are born of rejection and disenfranchisement, a failure of integration, because people who "don't believe in multiculturalism" will never be willing to accept that integration. It's conversion, or leave. The "multiculturalism has failed" thinly-veiled "get foreign Johnny out of my country" rhetoric, further division, further rejection, will only INCREASE the problem exponentially. Full stop.
Old 23-07-2016, 01:13 PM #112
Right Flower

Right Flower

oh wait this one shooter was born in Germany so phew, looks like multiculturalism with no limit or thought, ghettoisation etc is ok after all - praise be

That allowing a middle eastern backward superstition that is at complete odds with western values and society to flourish has succeeded

the axe guy?, what axe guy, the nice guy, who?

thank allah that this chap seems to be just another nutter but a home grown one

But wait again the latest BBC report states "He harboured radical right-wing views and said his attack was aimed at stopping Muslim immigration to Europe."

oop

how are we going to unpack this one?
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 01:33 PM #113
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
oh wait this one shooter was born in Germany so phew, looks like multiculturalism with no limit or thought, ghettoisation etc is ok after all - praise be

That allowing a middle eastern backward superstition that is at complete odds with western values and society to flourish has succeeded

the axe guy?, what axe guy, the nice guy, who?

thank allah that this chap seems to be just another nutter but a home grown one

But wait again the latest BBC report states "He harboured radical right-wing views and said his attack was aimed at stopping Muslim immigration to Europe."

oop

how are we going to unpack this one?
A very well thought out and impeccably reasoned gabble of ****e there LT. There is an obvious and rational middle-ground somewhere between "complete free movement" and "ZoMGz MULTICULTURALISM HAZ FAILED KICK DEM ALL OUT TERRORISM TERORESTS PLZ HALP!". And *I* get mocked with jibes like "the sky is falling"? Stop and listen to yourself for a second.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 23-07-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 23-07-2016, 01:43 PM #114
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I did see that which is why I said that I know you're not condoning it - but you are justifying it. You're straight up saying that there are valid explanations for far-right fascist groups to form and that those groups and their actions are the fault of "the other" and not those individuals themselves.

And no, the marginalised Jewish people pre-ww2 hadn't turned to extremism before it hit boiling point. What had happened, though, was that they had been demonised and made monsters by propaganda, made "different", made "other" and dehumanised to justify their removal in the minds of perfectly normal, average German people. In reality the Jewish people were not destroying anything or harming anyone, but the atrocities that followed were allowed to happen by a population who had been convinced that they were. This is what happens when multiculturalism is NOT embraced.

Or home grown terrorists. They are born of rejection and disenfranchisement, a failure of integration, because people who "don't believe in multiculturalism" will never be willing to accept that integration. It's conversion, or leave. The "multiculturalism has failed" thinly-veiled "get foreign Johnny out of my country" rhetoric, further division, further rejection, will only INCREASE the problem exponentially. Full stop.
Old 23-07-2016, 01:44 PM #115
Right Flower

Right Flower

Quote:
A very well thought out and impeccably reasoned gabble of ****e there LT. There is an obvious and rational middle-ground somewhere between "complete free movement" and "ZoMGz MULTICULTURALISM HAZ FAILED KICK DEM ALL OUT TERRORISM TERORESTS PLZ HALP!". And *I* get mocked with jibes like "the sky is falling"? Stop and listen to yourself for a second.
The problem is TS there are two worlds we inhabit, the ideal world and the real world. People on the left love to imagine and talk about the ideal world and slap each other on the back about it

meanwhile the real world goes on and some other people have to actually deal with it.

Its not pretty, fair or palatable but its real and it needs dealing with.
Old 23-07-2016, 01:47 PM #116
Right Flower

Right Flower

January 7, 2015 | Charlie Hebdo, Paris
Saïd and Chérif Kouachi shoot dead 12 people at the offices of satirical magazine. Islamist terrorist group Al-Qaeda's branch in Yemen claimed responsibility for the attack.

January 8, 2015 | Jewish supermarket, Paris
Amedy Coulibaly killed a policewoman before entering a Jewish supermarket in Paris where he shot dead four others. Both Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers were later shot dead by police. Coulibaly had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State and was a close friend of Charlie Hebdo gunmen Saïd Kouachi and Chérif Kouachi, whom he had met in jail in 2005

June 26, 2015 | Sousse, Tunisia
Armed gunman Seifeddine Rezgui Yacoubi went on a shooting rampage at the tourist resort of Port El Kantaoui, killing 38 people – 30 of whom were British. Yacoubi, who had pledged allegiance to Islamic State, was killed by security forces during an exchange of fire.

June 26, 2015 | Chemical factory, near Grenoble
One man was beheaded and several others were injured. Yassine Salhi – who had links to Islamic State – was arrested and later committed suicide in prison.

August 21, 2015 | Amsterdam to Paris train
Three off-duty American marines overpowered an armed gunman on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris. The suspect – Moroccan man Ayoub El Khazzani – was later arrested in Arras, northern France. No group officially claimed responsibility, but El Khazzani was thought to have been radicalised via online extremism.

November 13, 2015 | Restaurants, Bataclan and Stade de France, Paris
Scores were killed as men armed with Kalashnikovs and grenades carried out a series of attacks at restaurants, a concert hall and outside the Stade de France in Paris. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack

January 7, 2016 | Istanbul suicide bombing
This was the first major attack to hit Istanbul in its popular Sultanahmet district, close to the Hagia Sophia. The attacker was Nabil Fadli, a Syrian member of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

March 19, 2016 | Istanbul blast on popular street
5 dead, 36 injured. A suicide bomber hit İstiklal Avenue, one of the city's most popular shopping streets filled with cafes, restaurants and foreign consulates. Officials said Isil was to blame.

March 22, 2016 | Brussels attacks
Belgian capital is hit by attacks on Zaventem airport and the city's metro system, near a station close to European Union buildings. The perpetrators belonged to a terrorist cell which had been involved in the November 2015 Paris attacks, with links to Islamic State.

June 7, 2016 | Car bomb in Istanbul
11 dead, dozens injured. A rush-hour car bomb ripped through central Istanbul, killing 11 people and wounding dozens more in one of the worst terror attacks on the city for nearly a decade. Kurdish militant group TAK claimed responsibility

June 13, 2016 | Residential home, near Paris
Police officer Jean-Baptiste Salvaing and his wife, police secretary Jessica Schneider, were stabbed to death inside their home near Paris by a man who said he had pledged allegiance to Islamic State.

June 28, 2016 | Suicide bombing at Istanbul airport
41 dead, 239 injured. Three attackers detonated explosives after opening fire at Ataturk Airport. The attackers, who arrived by taxi, were reportedly trying to pass through the x-ray machines when stopped by security officials, which started a gun fight. The suicide bombs caused chaos and carnage, killing an estimated 41 people and injuring at least 239. Islamic State blamed.

July 14, 2016 | Promenade des Anglais, Nice
Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel killed 84 and injured scores more when he drove a lorry into a crowd of Bastille Day revellers in Nice. Thought to have links with Islamic State.

July 22 | Munich
Police believe three gunmen dressed in black opened fire at locations across the city resulting in 'multiple' deaths. It is not yet known who is responsible for the attacks.
Old 23-07-2016, 01:50 PM #117
Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Shhiiiieet 2 yrs l8ta

Munich terrorist inspired by far right terrorist Anders Breivik

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.tel...client=safari#
Old 23-07-2016, 01:54 PM #118
Right Flower

Right Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithinkiloveyoutoo View Post
Munich terrorist inspired by far right terrorist Anders Breivik

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.tel...client=safari#
this conjecture at the moment
Old 23-07-2016, 02:00 PM #119
-

-

Quote:
The problem is TS there are two worlds we inhabit, the ideal world and the real world. People on the left love to imagine and talk about the ideal world and slap each other on the back about it

meanwhile the real world goes on and some other people have to actually deal with it.

Its not pretty, fair or palatable but its real and it needs dealing with.
Ahh so in this version of the truth... having concerns about the economic future of a country after a frankly barmy act of democratic self harm, is "extreme sky-is-falling doomsaying hysteria lol lol lol"...

...but wailing that "Multi-culturalism haz faileded!!!" and promoting division and exclusion of all "others!" on the grounds that a few mostly isolated incidents of violence, mainly carried out by westernised individuals who have been alienated and radicalised rather than recent immigrants... is the level-headed real world that has to be dealt with.

Is that about right?

Sounds entirely plausible to me. No really, carry on, it's all bound to end well. I've always said that the best way to tackle alienation is through outright rejection and exclusion. I mean it only stands to reason, in this tough real world. Economy shmeconomy! There's a MUSLIM over there!

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 23-07-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 23-07-2016, 02:01 PM #120
Banned

Banned

Yes we must wait for more evidence before we even THINK of suggesting that a white person may have inspired this crime, it's so annoying that this wasn't a Islamic act of terrorism so we could all throw out generalisations about millions of people and display questionable opinions without the burden of proof!
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 02:04 PM #121
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:

In among the mocking comments and the stench of condescension can you see how you have taken his comments out of context?

It is ironic how the words of Baroness Warsi ( whom I know you are fond) have been compounded here in this thread,it is this drip drip rejection and marginalisation which culminated in the events seen in Germany as the actions of this young man.

And it is the attitudes of the 'respectable racists' who I would say impacted on this young man to such an extent that has actions were the culmination of his 7yrs of torment.

If it seems I'm justifying what he did let it be known in the strongest terms I am not, I can see however how the human spirit can be crushed under the weight of being seen as an outsider in the country you love and were raised in.

There are comparisons to be drawn between nazism in it's infancy and the treatment of western born persons of other faiths and cultures as well as immigrants , it can not and should not be denied.
Old 23-07-2016, 02:06 PM #122
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Wait so he might not have links to IS?!?! Muslims aren't to blame?! I wonder if this is still terrorism then? or is it terrorism cause he's a brown person and only brown people can be terrorists? Which is the main factor Muslim or brown idk?!?! Cause Jo Cox's white far right killer wasn't a terrorist even though he was a terrorist but it was just mental illness so what's it to be here?!?!?!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, fume, be confused or what at the anti-multiculturalism sentiments anymore. The worst thing is you are playing right into the hands of Islamic fundamentalists. Do you not realise that division and segregation is exactly what they want? They don't want normal, civilised, law-abiding Muslims to be accepted by you and me. They want them to be marginalised, chastised. They want them to feel hated. They want them to hate us. The entire point of terrorism is to strike fear into people and make them question the society they live in and the people around them. They want you to assume that all Muslims are to blame for this and they must all be sent home immediately because these people don't want them to be a part of Westernised culture at all!

You are giving them exactly what they want. Make people feel isolated, marginalised, criticised and then give them an outlet from which to vent their festering hatred. This is precisely how people are radicalised. We are already part of the problem and now lots seem to want to exacerbate said problem by giving them exactly the response that they want.

By letting them win, you are making the problem worse.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2016, 02:06 PM #123
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Yes we must wait for more evidence before we even THINK of suggesting that a white person may have inspired this crime, it's so annoying that this wasn't a Islamic act of terrorism so we could all throw out generalisations about millions of people and display questionable opinions without the burden of proof!
Doesn't matter how much proof there is, if a signed confession comes to light written by the boy himself outlining exactly why he did it, and it has nothing to do with "a failure of multiculturalism" (and can't be twisted as such), the people who have already decided and stated their opinions on the causes of this attack and what it "means for the world" will most likely simply never post about it again.
Old 23-07-2016, 02:11 PM #124
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
January 7, 2015 | Charlie Hebdo, Paris
Saïd and Chérif Kouachi shoot dead 12 people at the offices of satirical magazine. Islamist terrorist group Al-Qaeda's branch in Yemen claimed responsibility for the attack.

January 8, 2015 | Jewish supermarket, Paris
Amedy Coulibaly killed a policewoman before entering a Jewish supermarket in Paris where he shot dead four others. Both Coulibaly and the Kouachi brothers were later shot dead by police. Coulibaly had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State and was a close friend of Charlie Hebdo gunmen Saïd Kouachi and Chérif Kouachi, whom he had met in jail in 2005

June 26, 2015 | Sousse, Tunisia
Armed gunman Seifeddine Rezgui Yacoubi went on a shooting rampage at the tourist resort of Port El Kantaoui, killing 38 people – 30 of whom were British. Yacoubi, who had pledged allegiance to Islamic State, was killed by security forces during an exchange of fire.

June 26, 2015 | Chemical factory, near Grenoble
One man was beheaded and several others were injured. Yassine Salhi – who had links to Islamic State – was arrested and later committed suicide in prison.

August 21, 2015 | Amsterdam to Paris train
Three off-duty American marines overpowered an armed gunman on a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris. The suspect – Moroccan man Ayoub El Khazzani – was later arrested in Arras, northern France. No group officially claimed responsibility, but El Khazzani was thought to have been radicalised via online extremism.

November 13, 2015 | Restaurants, Bataclan and Stade de France, Paris
Scores were killed as men armed with Kalashnikovs and grenades carried out a series of attacks at restaurants, a concert hall and outside the Stade de France in Paris. Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack

January 7, 2016 | Istanbul suicide bombing
This was the first major attack to hit Istanbul in its popular Sultanahmet district, close to the Hagia Sophia. The attacker was Nabil Fadli, a Syrian member of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

March 19, 2016 | Istanbul blast on popular street
5 dead, 36 injured. A suicide bomber hit İstiklal Avenue, one of the city's most popular shopping streets filled with cafes, restaurants and foreign consulates. Officials said Isil was to blame.

March 22, 2016 | Brussels attacks
Belgian capital is hit by attacks on Zaventem airport and the city's metro system, near a station close to European Union buildings. The perpetrators belonged to a terrorist cell which had been involved in the November 2015 Paris attacks, with links to Islamic State.

June 7, 2016 | Car bomb in Istanbul
11 dead, dozens injured. A rush-hour car bomb ripped through central Istanbul, killing 11 people and wounding dozens more in one of the worst terror attacks on the city for nearly a decade. Kurdish militant group TAK claimed responsibility

June 13, 2016 | Residential home, near Paris
Police officer Jean-Baptiste Salvaing and his wife, police secretary Jessica Schneider, were stabbed to death inside their home near Paris by a man who said he had pledged allegiance to Islamic State.

June 28, 2016 | Suicide bombing at Istanbul airport
41 dead, 239 injured. Three attackers detonated explosives after opening fire at Ataturk Airport. The attackers, who arrived by taxi, were reportedly trying to pass through the x-ray machines when stopped by security officials, which started a gun fight. The suicide bombs caused chaos and carnage, killing an estimated 41 people and injuring at least 239. Islamic State blamed.

July 14, 2016 | Promenade des Anglais, Nice
Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel killed 84 and injured scores more when he drove a lorry into a crowd of Bastille Day revellers in Nice. Thought to have links with Islamic State.

July 22 | Munich
Police believe three gunmen dressed in black opened fire at locations across the city resulting in 'multiple' deaths. It is not yet known who is responsible for the attacks.
Why have you linked this to every other terrorist attack?

Are you really that desperate to link this to IS, with no other evidence than your rigid construct of who has recently done so :/
Old 23-07-2016, 02:12 PM #125
like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

like the boys

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Minh-Ly
Survivor 40: Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Wait so he might not have links to IS?!?! Muslims aren't to blame?! I wonder if this is still terrorism then? or is it terrorism cause he's a brown person and only brown people can be terrorists? Which is the main factor Muslim or brown idk?!?! Cause Jo Cox's white far right killer wasn't a terrorist even though he was a terrorist but it was just mental illness so what's it to be here?!?!?!

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, fume, be confused or what at the anti-multiculturalism sentiments anymore. The worst thing is you are playing right into the hands of Islamic fundamentalists. Do you not realise that division and segregation is exactly what they want? They don't want normal, civilised, law-abiding Muslims to be accepted by you and me. They want them to be marginalised, chastised. They want them to feel hated. They want them to hate us. The entire point of terrorism is to strike fear into people and make them question the society they live in and the people around them. They want you to assume that all Muslims are to blame for this and they must all be sent home immediately because these people don't want them to be a part of Westernised culture at all!

You are giving them exactly what they want. Make people feel isolated, marginalised, criticised and then give them an outlet from which to vent their festering hatred. This is precisely how people are radicalised. We are already part of the problem and now lots seem to want to exacerbate said problem by giving them exactly the response that they want.

By letting them win, you are making the problem worse.
Nail, meet head

Spoiler:

MB. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
centre, deaths, fired, germany, gunman, lockdown, lose, multiple, police, put, shooting, shopping, shots, spree, terrorism