Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Old 24-07-2016, 12:59 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot2go View Post
Lateysha was always around when ever people were upset too....and that had nothing to do with empathy or support either.
"

Nice deflection, but you keep an eye out for the caring hms...seeing as that's what you like in a Hm..you know caring, it's an arm round the shoulder, a quite word in the ear. Perhaps even a nomination if you say you want to go...it defiantly isn't a bitch fest in the privacy of the diary room about the intelligence of your fellow hms, or the complete disregard of someone's feelings to further yourself on a reality show....
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 01:51 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenS View Post
I've never liked Hughie since the start. He is aggressive and yet he wonders why they call him to the diary room. The day he kept calling Andy a liar and a story teller was so uncomfortable to watch. He throws tantrums like a child and his "relationship" with Ryan was so fake.
I agree with you, I can"t stand Hughie. Andy has got his measure and has the last word "cabbage" in the live feed on Friday, Please keep Andy in until the final
jscoo47 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 01:51 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
"

Nice deflection, but you keep an eye out for the caring hms...seeing as that's what you like in a Hm..you know caring, it's an arm round the shoulder, a quite word in the ear. Perhaps even a nomination if you say you want to go...it defiantly isn't a bitch fest in the privacy of the diary room about the intelligence of your fellow hms, or the complete disregard of someone's feelings to further yourself on a reality show....
It's not a deflection it's a distinct comparison.

The diary room IMO opinion is one of the best parts of the show and not used enough but Andy, Jayne and Hughie haven't disappointed in that area at all. Admittedly Hughie is more graphic and offensive in the terminology he uses like last night for a prime example but he does his bit.
hot2go is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 02:35 PM #29
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Andy showed the same colours he's shown since he entered the house nine weeks ago.....only true colours shining like beacons tonight were Hughie and Jayne....Jayne esp dropped her guard tonight and through the cracks I saw a very two faced and unkind person.
Glad someone else spotted it........ Jayne, what a transformation this last 2 weeks, what a fake cow she is she very spiteful ,Hughie has been vile since he got hooked up with the pouting pratt
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 02:46 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
Glad someone else spotted it........ Jayne, what a transformation this last 2 weeks, what a fake cow she is she very spiteful ,Hughie has been vile since he got hooked up with the pouting pratt
I remember actually thinking Hughie would be an interesting character when he joined the others in the main house but then he got with Ryan and I can't emphasise enough how that changed my opinion of him. Couldn't believe my eyes....I mean why ? Why would ya ? I expected him to have a better taste in pond life than that.
Old 24-07-2016, 02:47 PM #31
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I remember actually thinking Hughie would be an interesting character when he joined the others in the main house but then he got with Ryan and I can't emphasise enough how that changed my opinion of him. Couldn't believe my eyes....I mean why ? Why would ya ? I expected him to have a better taste in pond life than that.
I even had a bet on him to win !! he lost any respect I had for him when he started eating the face off Daffy Duck lips
Old 24-07-2016, 02:57 PM #32

Andy dislikes Hughie for one reason and one reason only, he thinks he's the intellctual powerhouse of BB, yet he's more than met his match with a traveller of no fixed abode.

As Jason pointed out and as I have stated in previous posts, Hughie is unpredictably smart and intelligent. Andy can not get the better of him in argument and neither could Jason for that matter. Hughie stuck to his guns and re-iterated the chronological chain of events and he wouldn't be shaken from it.

Hughies massive problem he doesn't stop to have a two way conversation, discussion, argument ( call it what you want) he is like a battering ram and that let's him self down as people just switch off. As Jayney said, " I am not arguing with a 22 year old"- it's all one way traffic with Hughie. But he never talks sh!t and is bang on with his assessment most of the time.

He's actually brighter than Andy because Andy stated that he cannot argue straight off the bat he needs to ponder over it, where as Hughie is as bright and as sharp as they come and can process the information, analyse /inwardly digest it and come out with an instant -correct- conclusion.

I do not like Andy, he's condescending and think's he's a cut above everyone in there and he clearly isn't. As for reasons just explained. He pontificates from his Ivory Tower passing judgement on the pheasants, when most of the time he's guilty of the very same thing he is accusing others of being.

Do I want Hughie to win? Hell no- he's had a game plan from day 1 and I don't believe the fall in the pool was accidental either!!! He has studied BB intensely and come up with a formula to win. Even when it's eviction night, he always remembers to shout " I love you all" to the fans outside and of course that's picked up by us, the viewers etc. He's the one that was so vehemently against anyone taking money from the winner's pot. He thinks he is a shoe in for the crown. I would love it, even if Andy won, just so it would knock the smirk from his game playing face.

There has to be something wrong with this program and the format if you can pick the winner out from Day !

Last edited by delta; 24-07-2016 at 03:02 PM.
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 03:01 PM #33

Quote:
Quote:
I even had a bet on him to win !! he lost any respect I had for him when he started eating the face off Daffy Duck lips
And apparently Ryan, who was sent back in the house yesterday with some of the other ingrates who left recently, has been bragging today about how much trouble he caused for one of the housemates. Now I could be way off here, but I can't see how that is gonna help Hughie in any way....I think as far as Hughies chances go Ryan is a liability
Old 24-07-2016, 03:02 PM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
I finally saw something for first time tonight. The way Hughie deflects the finger of accusation from himself is to turn a disagreement into chaos where the point that was being made about him gets forgotten or lost in a blizzard of shouting and abuse.
He tried it tonight with Jason and partly managed to pull it off. He jumps on any small discrepancy in the other persons argument as an excuse to jump in....

Jason accused him of calling him terrible names 24 hours or 48 hours after Ryan left...Hughie jumped straight in to say it wasn't 48 hours and then Hughie had control again and his voice dominated the room.

Jason said he understood that Hughie was upset that his boyfriend had been evicted....Hughie jumps straight in again to say Ryan isn't his boyfriend and Hughie ONCE AGAIN had control again and his voice dominated the room.

It's not attractive but it is clever, he's a clever little sh-t but he's not as clever as Andy because Andy is the only one who never has discrepancies in what he says so it's impossible for Huey to take Andy off point ...and THAT is why Hughie hates Andy so much....Hughue is actually playing them all and he is not as naive and stupid as he's pretending to be....but the one person who hasn't fallen for it and who Hughie can never manipulate and beat is Andy.

That's why Andy is such a legend.

Very good analysis.Makes sense.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 03:06 PM #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post

Very good analysis.Makes sense.

I suggest you watch Hughie again, he's bang on the button every time. Articulates what has happened and won't be chased from it.

I have seen him in exchanges with Andy and it's Andy that is left bruised and frustrated as he can neither talk down to him or get the better of him.

I remember one famous quote

Andy : " Do you think that shouting makes your point any more right?"

Hughie ( QUick as a flash) " Do you think that it makes it any less?"

Andy couldn't answer that!!!
delta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 03:12 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I suggest you watch Hughie again, he's bang on the button every time. Articulates what has happened and won't be chased from it.

I have seen him in exchanges with Andy and it's Andy that is left bruised and frustrated as he can neither talk down to him or get the better of him.

I remember one famous quote

Andy : " Do you think that shouting makes your point any more right?"

Hughie ( QUick as a flash) " Do you think that it makes it any less?"

Andy couldn't answer that!!!
Shouting always makes people's points less ....as soon as you shout or lose control you lose the argument
Old 24-07-2016, 06:23 PM #37

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post

He's actually brighter than Andy because Andy stated that he cannot argue straight off the bat he needs to ponder over it, where as Hughie is as bright and as sharp as they come and can process the information, analyse /inwardly digest it and come out with an instant -correct- conclusion.
The instant correct conclusion being 'YOU'RE a LIAR' yell yell yell 'YOU'RE A TWAT' shout shout shout?
Meanwhile Andy remains calm and composed and doesn't feel the need to yell and shout insults. He 'ponders' what the other person is saying and deals with it rationally and with dignity.
But Hughie is brighter...in your universe maybe...
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 06:44 PM #38
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

This sums up in one put down why I love Andy

Andy is the first Housemate to be called to the stand he has been accused of ‘Being Patronising.’ Andy pleads not guilty. Ex Housemate Latesysha is called as an Expert Witness.

Lateysha: “…just cos you’re a bit more intelligent than a lot of the people in here, you think you’re superior to everyone.” Andy: “You will always be a subjective viewer.” Lateysha: “I don’t even know what that means.” Andy: “Well there’s a surprise! There, I’m being patronising, you have the vocabulary of an acorn.”
Old 24-07-2016, 07:00 PM #39

Quote:

Andy is the first Housemate to be called to the stand he has been accused of ‘Being Patronising.’ Andy pleads not guilty. Ex Housemate Latesysha is called as an Expert Witness.

Lateysha: “…just cos you’re a bit more intelligent than a lot of the people in here, you think you’re superior to everyone.” Andy: “You will always be a subjective viewer.” Lateysha: “I don’t even know what that means.” Andy: “Well there’s a surprise! There, I’m being patronising, you have the vocabulary of an acorn.”
Is that what happened ?
Old 24-07-2016, 07:00 PM #40
Right Flower

Right Flower

without being unkind to all gypsies or travellers or whatever the pc word is now he seems to fit the stereotype of the aggressive argumentative always at war type

If you watch the numerous videos posted of gypsies at war with this family and that (they post videos calling this family a bunch of so and so and then they post a response and then their is a fight - thousands on-line). Its how he has been brought up,l conflict, shouting, aggression.

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 07:01 PM #41
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Is that what happened ?
Yes ,can't wait to see her face
Old 24-07-2016, 07:03 PM #42
0_o

0_o

IT may be difficult to see this, but IMO these two clash as they are so similar. Both argumentative, both think they are above everyone else, and both love to get the last word. Only difference is Andy can remain calm and thinks things through more while Hughie blows up in seconds and says whatevers on his mind.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 07:05 PM #43
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
IT may be difficult to see this, but IMO these two clash as they are so similar. Both argumentative, both think they are above everyone else, and both love to get the last word. Only difference is Andy can remain calm and thinks things through more while Hughie blows up in seconds and says whatevers on his mind.
But Andy and Jason both make him look like a little boy by keeping their heads
Old 24-07-2016, 07:07 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Oh Andy, you are truly the gift who keeps on giving. I'm going to miss you when this is all over.
Old 24-07-2016, 07:07 PM #45

Quote:
Oh God he makes me laugh so much.....it's not that she's stupid that makes her a target it's the fact she's proud to be and has no interest in wanting to be anything else.....you can't expect someone like Andy to respect that philosophy, I don't blame him at all for what he says, I'd be exactly the same.
Old 24-07-2016, 07:13 PM #46
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Chances are she won't understand what he said and I can well imagine her coming out with something like 'what da fuq have acorns got to do with anything, just shut up'
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 07:16 PM #47
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Oh Andy, you are truly the gift who keeps on giving. I'm going to miss you when this is all over.
I don't think BB will be the last we see of Andy, his future is secure
Old 24-07-2016, 07:18 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
without being unkind to all gypsies or travellers or whatever the pc word is now he seems to fit the stereotype of the aggressive argumentative always at war type

If you watch the numerous videos posted of gypsies at war with this family and that (they post videos calling this family a bunch of so and so and then they post a response and then their is a fight - thousands on-line). Its how he has been brought up,l conflict, shouting, aggression.

Yes, well, I can't talk for all travellers as I don't know of any others but as I've said before my brother lives in Limerick, Ireland and the travellers on sites on the outskirts of the city are banned from every bar and club for causing fights and arguments and barred from shops for stealing. Apparently they leave rubbish all over the place and just get moved from one site to the next as nearby residents complain of the smell, rats etc...
Old 24-07-2016, 07:18 PM #49
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Chances are she won't understand what he said and I can well imagine her coming out with something like 'what da fuq have acorns got to do with anything, just shut up'
Every chance and God forbid someone asks her if her baby is ok ,she will just look vacate while she tries to remember where she left her while she swans off back up to London
Old 24-07-2016, 07:34 PM #50

Hughie and Andy are two different breed of people....They are both from very different backgrounds, education and maturity.

Andy has the maturity and the education to handle situations of confrontation.....Hughie doesn't. This does not make Hughie a bad person. As they said in the garden last night that will come with age.
Just take a look at Jason and how controlled he is with his anger which has been festering beneath the surface for weeks. Even he himself has admitted to being on the edge but he controls it.I bet he wasn't as controlled at Hughie.s age.
Huhgie's immaturity and no doubt tough up bringing has made him some what defensive and loud when arguing...He has the capacity to be remorseful because he has shown this several times. Even with Andy, but Andy just keeps finding fault in him, its like hes chipping away at him to show him in a bad light. Maybe this is his plan because he is aware that Hughie is popular inside and outside the house.....
south12345 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andy, hates, hughie, tonight, understand