Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB17 Discuss the series (won by Jason Burrill, runner-up Hughie) and all the housemates in this forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2016, 02:46 PM #1

Favourites:
BB17: Andy

Favourites:
BB17: Andy
Post Lateyisha /Letitia's Literal lack of reasoning.

Dear Letitia

Andy may not be able to articulate this to Letitia in a reasonable manner for various reasons. one is the obtusity of few members in the #bbuk2016. he is unable to break through the wall of ignorance and self pity.
i am baffled when i see people in our times who attack others simply for being eloquent and for possessing debate and reasoning skills.

whilst the majority of Uk population and the globe are from working class it has not precluded them from making the most of what is available to them.
linguistic skill is an invaluable resource and a mean to bettering one’s life.
hence the sense of befuddlement i had when i have watched Letitia battering Andy whilst simultaneously claiming you want your child to have a better life. and indeed i believe you want that. why are you so much against Andy and the language he uses after all he does not cuss at you? he uses clean and articulate english. not using overly grandiose words. which also by the way not a criminal act yet.

and here is the point : if you really want to improve your life and your daughter’s life please learn to speak and write better English. poverty is not an excuse for poor linguistic skills any longer.
nowadays everyone has access to our own personal Library. it is called THE INTERNET!

start with reading for your child every day/ night. she may be a genius. would you want to deny her a chance of having a better life because your poor linguistic skills?

language allows us to maximise our potential. it allows us to change and grow. from watching films which are based on scripts. to cooking following a recipe.
writing a Birthday card for a loved one , or raising awareness.
voting for your chosen politician or complaining about your Government.

and we have not yet touched on the Arts or Philosophy.
everything you do and buy Letitia originated in someone’s thought converted to words. Literary skills. from your clothing to groceries.

it begins with a think tank. someone who had an idea but was able to ARTICULATE it!
the list goes on. humans need to be able to express themselves . just look at our ancient ancestors: they CARVED WORDS IN STONE!
i do not imagine you doing anything like that to leave an impression.
but why single you out ? there is a whole cut of society who makes mockery of literacy.

imagine trying to get to the Moon without a shuttle if you please.
literacy is a tool as well as a delight.

the thought of living in a world without literacy is unbearable.

Andy for me is a natural winner just for this simple skill. forget all other nuances and his little annoyances. none of his “faults” are as bad as the appalling lack of IQ and intelligence in the BBUK. which was shockingly illustrated in yesterday’s episode: Napoleon was Napoleon Dynamite (Evelyn) Nepal , Polish ? etc. seriously ?
adults who are unable to differentiate between Napoleon , Nepal and Poland ? Hughie probably meant Napoli where the Neapolitan Ice cream originated.

and admittedly there must be something wrong wth our lives if we are watching this.
yes there is something wrong with me! i am the epitome of captive audience. bed ridden.
Illiteracy is one of the greatest weapons used against the poor. empower your daughter if you genuinely concerned for her well being.

the internet is full of different dictionaries , and you do not have to leave the comforts of your own home. look up articles online on the importance of Literacy .

i could forgive people in the bbuk and in general society many things. but i cannot forgive the idiocy of attacking a man for simply having an improved vocabulary, eloquence , and the ability to express his thoughts. so much so his thoughts arguably no longer relevant. for the sheer fact what he represents is under attack.
Dear Letitia i realise you will need to use a dictionary reading this article ( i am not trying to patronise you it just feels this way because you are insecure about it) this may be the best thing you would be doing for your baby yet
***Lateysha

Last edited by belle777; 26-07-2016 at 11:58 AM.
belle777 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
andy, andybigbro, bbuk, bbuk 2016, lack, lateyisha, letitia, literal, or letitia, reasoning