Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2016, 03:27 PM #1
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

If we aren't allowed a Like feature then does the job wonderfully

Spoiler:

Last edited by reece(:; 16-12-2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old 16-12-2016, 07:27 PM #2
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by reece(: View Post
If we aren't allowed a Like feature then does the job wonderfully
Like features are a nightmare on any forum... they inevitably end up being used for not-so-covert ganging up and very little else. I remember on my own forum (may she rest in peace) we had one for about 5 minutes. NOTHING but problems. Someone would post something a bit snippy and then a dozen tag-along-Tammys (the ones without the backbone to post anything confrontational for themselves) would "like" the post. Urgh. It should just be called the "Me Too Me Too!" function.

And the clapping emote should be changed to a little smug face chanting that.

I legitimately hate it. . **** off. Say something for yourself or don't bother to post at all. People will argue that it's a simple way of saying "I agree!". No one cares that you agree! Quote the post and say something interesting as to why you agree, or just leave the post to stand on its own two feet ffs.
Old 16-12-2016, 07:36 PM #3
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
I legitimately hate it. . **** off. Say something for yourself or don't bother to post at all. People will argue that it's a simple way of saying "I agree!". No one cares that you agree! Quote the post and say something interesting as to why you agree, or just leave the post to stand on its own two feet ffs.
It's not your forum to tell people how to post or when to post. If I want to use to indicate I agree with somebody I will
Old 16-12-2016, 07:39 PM #4
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey O'Christmas Day View Post
It's not your forum to tell people how to post or when to post. If I want to use to indicate I agree with somebody I will
I wasn't trying to "tell people what to do", just having a little rant . If you want to post meaningless filler-posts to up your post count whilst being quickly scrolled past that's your business entirely
Old 16-12-2016, 07:43 PM #5
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I wasn't trying to "tell people what to do", just having a little rant . If you want to post meaningless filler-posts to up your post count whilst being quickly scrolled past that's your business entirely
Maybe that's why your forum flopped? You only appreciate those that feel the need to go in depth on every post they make.

I'd hazard just as many who scroll past my posts also scroll past the insanely large ones some make to simply say they agree rather than just posting this gorgeous fella >

Your accusations of posting simply to up the post count doesn't make much sense either considering the most active forum is one you don't even get an increase in your post count.
Old 16-12-2016, 07:53 PM #6
-

-

Quote:
Maybe that's why your forum flopped? You only appreciate those that feel the need to go in depth on every post they make.

I'd hazard just as many who scroll past my posts also scroll past the insanely large ones some make to simply say they agree rather than just posting this gorgeous fella >

Your accusations of posting simply to up the post count doesn't make much sense either considering the most active forum is one you don't even get an increase in your post count.
I'll have you know it did not flop ... imagine posting such a thing purely to try to be hurtful . We simply ended up closing it because it wasn't worth the stress of dealing with all of the bitchiness in return for nothing but complaints. I'd imagine most forum admins can relate .

If people make "insanely large" posts just to say the same thing as the post they're quoting without elaborating at all, then yes, that's just as pointless (and even more of a waste of time) than mister clap-pants... ... ... ... ... ... ... but yeah, my opinion would basically be if you have no intention of adding anything to a debate thread then don't bother whooping, cheering or clapping. It serves no purpose other than to "get at people". That's the honest truth of the matter. I'm sure it's great to have in Chat and Games. You could have whole threads of people just clapping back and forward. And high fiving. And playing soggy biscuit or whatever. We don't need it clogging up the proper forums

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 16-12-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 16-12-2016, 08:23 PM #7

I miss Kirk too, hopefully he'll come back and just needs a break.

Quote:
I'll have you know it did not flop ... imagine posting such a thing purely to try to be hurtful . We simply ended up closing it because it wasn't worth the stress of dealing with all of the bitchiness in return for nothing but complaints. I'd imagine most forum admins can relate .

If people make "insanely large" posts just to say the same thing as the post they're quoting without elaborating at all, then yes, that's just as pointless (and even more of a waste of time) than mister clap-pants... ... ... ... ... ... ... but yeah, my opinion would basically be if you have no intention of adding anything to a debate thread then don't bother whooping, cheering or clapping. It serves no purpose other than to "get at people". That's the honest truth of the matter. I'm sure it's great to have in Chat and Games. You could have whole threads of people just clapping back and forward. And high fiving. And playing soggy biscuit or whatever. We don't need it clogging up the proper forums
I don't think that's true, most of the time people do just want to express that they like somebody's post (without having anything specific to add to it), it's nice for the person who's post has been acknowledged and just adds to a 'community' sense I think a lot of the time, people clap in real life too It doesn't have to be a post that's for everyone so scrolling past it is fine too obviously, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any value or there's anything wrong with it. Yes some people might sometimes use it for obnoxious reasons as well but I don't think everyone should be judged by that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregrrrrrrrr View Post
What on Earth is soggy biscuit?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Don't ask

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Old 16-12-2016, 07:39 PM #8
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 16-12-2016, 10:35 PM #9
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
()

Not here for people coming for the best emote on the forum

Spoiler:

Old 17-12-2016, 03:17 PM #10

Quote:

Yes Amy
you are Bang On Right.

I am at a higher lever
I do not need any Cartoon bits
Old 17-12-2016, 02:15 PM #11
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Like features are a nightmare on any forum... they inevitably end up being used for not-so-covert ganging up and very little else. I remember on my own forum (may she rest in peace) we had one for about 5 minutes. NOTHING but problems. Someone would post something a bit snippy and then a dozen tag-along-Tammys (the ones without the backbone to post anything confrontational for themselves) would "like" the post. Urgh. It should just be called the "Me Too Me Too!" function.

And the clapping emote should be changed to a little smug face chanting that.

Its a bloody emoticon, it doesn't represent every instance of dickish pack mentality you've ever come across on the internet. Most people use it perfectly innocently and it's absurd to be so wound up about it.

(And I said most, not all before someone decides to list off whenever someone did use it to be a dick).

Last edited by Lostie!; 17-12-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
kirk, miss