Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Remembrance Tributes to forum members that have passed away.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2017, 10:08 PM #1
Will.

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
CBB20: Brandi Glanville

Will.

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
CBB20: Brandi Glanville

Default RIP Nan

My nan (Beryl) passed away in hospital on 4th January 2017 at 8:10PM.

Beryl suffered from two strokes in May of 2016 and spent about a month in hospital before making a recovery and moving into a care home.

My nan never truly liked the care home as she always wanted to stay independent and live at home, however she made the best of the situation and still led an active lifestyle.

Unfortunately she fell down the stairs at the care home and it was a couple of weeks before she was taken in hospital as the doctors failed to notice she had broken several bones. She was given pain killers and it breaks my hurt knowing she must have been in so much pain in the weeks before they noticed she had broken bones.

Once she moved back into the care home her care plan was supposedly advanced so she wouldn't have any more accidents.

However it's break my hurt to tell you that the care home failed to look after her and she subsequently fell down the stairs again and was taken in hospital in early/mid December.

My nan had broken several more bones around her shoulder/arm/legs/foot and she had shattered her elbow which means the bone was broken beyond repair.

Beryl spent most of December and unfortunately struggled to improve, she had a punctured lung (I think - struggling to remember all the exact details) and this resulted in a chest infection which had serous effects on her.

I visited her on the 2nd January and this was the second last time I ever saw of her, sadly her voice was mostly gone due her chest infection and she asked how college was going and she saw my new coat for the first time (she had wanted to see it for a while).

Later that evening things took a turn for the worst and she became even more poorly and the decision was made for me to go and see her on Tuesday morning.

The visit was emotionally heartbreaking and I struggled to get into the room because I had a breakdown minutes before seeing her. I went with my mum and we all cried whilst being with her, she had an oxygen mask on and she was asleep.

I held her hand in my final visit.

The next 24 hours she was very sleepy and nothing improved.

Unfortunately on Wednesday evening she passed away.

Beryl was a very kind and sweet lady, she lived in a small road with a few other elderly people who she loved and helped in the best way possible, unfortunately none of them are still around.

My nan loved animals, especially penguins! She was very much against animals being killed and was a proud vegetarian. She loved her daily trip into her local town, she knew all the bus drivers.

Her hobbies included puzzles, reading, gardening, and antiques.

She loved her wine!

I visited her at least once a week, she would always cook me pasta and give me loads of food.

She was practically a second mum to me, we did everything together and I could tell her anything.

I know she will be up in paradise with her feet up in a house filled with penguins drinking a glass of wine.

Last edited by Will.; 05-07-2017 at 10:10 PM.
Will. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
died, nan, passed, rip