Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-04-2017, 11:11 AM #1
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
To be fair this is only hearsay ATM. There is no real evidence that it's going to happen.

It's funny because you often see people say they'd happily pay more tax to fund the NHS but when it comes down to it people often get really upset when there is a sniff of raised taxes. I think it would be fairer to raise taxes a touch than rob the disabled or elderly personally. And I'm sure those bleeding hearts on the forum who were shouting recently about our foreign aid being vital will be delighted to pay some more tax to cover it. Won't you?
There has already been hike in council tax though, 5.5 per cent (3 per cent to pay for social care) in my Borough in addition to an extra 50 quid to pick up green waste, and what about all the money we are going to save in two years time when we no longer pay into the EU? Where will that money go?

Last edited by Cherie; 22-04-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 11:38 AM #2
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
There has already been hike in council tax though, 5.5 per cent (3 per cent to pay for social care) in my Borough in addition to an extra 50 quid to pick up green waste, and what about all the money we are going to save in two years time when we no longer pay into the EU? Where will that money go?
Doesn't sound to me like there will be much or any money left from the Brexit, there will,unless this govt.stops doing so,still need the current funds to regions from the EU,still getting those funds once the UK is out.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 11:46 AM #3
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Doesn't sound to me like there will be much or any money left from the Brexit, there will,unless this govt.stops doing so,still need the current funds to regions from the EU,still getting those funds once the UK is out.
we will be paying back the bill to leave for years, as well as paying subsidies to that is if they continue to pay them of course...

they government have already reneged on their no tax rises by reducing funding to councils, and now schools where parents will be asked to fund books and items they never previously funded, a nice back door stealth tax
Old 22-04-2017, 01:31 PM #4

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
We're probably not going to find out where the money saved from paying the EU will until we actually have it. We won't have it for at least 2 years.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-04-2017, 01:47 PM #5
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
We're probably not going to find out where the money saved from paying the EU will until we actually have it. We won't have it for at least 2 years.
Surely they can foresee 2 years ahead, like they can for a 5 year term in office Jaxie, it's probably more likely they have no idea how long we will be paying off the bill to leave!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ni, rises, tax, vat