Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-05-2017, 04:41 PM #101

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
What does that involve DR?
I think it's chasing transvestites through the woods....

Maybe?
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:16 PM #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I think it's chasing transvestites through the woods....

Maybe?
Or it could be dominant women on horseback chasing naked male slaves
Old 10-05-2017, 05:36 PM #103
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
But by nature, dogs love hunting. Should we take that away from them?
Foxhounds are bred for it. They're not pets. They have only one function and that's to chase and kill a wild animal. And it's not just foxes... stag hunting is equally as abhorrent in my opinion.

DR mentioned drag hunting. I am completely in favour of that.

Last edited by Livia; 10-05-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:53 PM #104
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

There is an ex hunt rescue that re-homes foxhounds, that suggests they make ok pets doesn't it?
Old 10-05-2017, 05:56 PM #105
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
There is an ex hunt rescue that re-homes foxhounds, that suggests they make ok pets doesn't it?
I would imagine they'd have to placed carefully though if they lived with a pack in kennels. They wouldnt have been sovialised like tbe average dog

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 10-05-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:45 PM #106

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Foxhounds are bred for it. They're not pets. They have only one function and that's to chase and kill a wild animal. And it's not just foxes... stag hunting is equally as abhorrent in my opinion.

DR mentioned drag hunting. I am completely in favour of that.
Yes and when they have outlived their usefulness they are shot or worse, it's cruel to all the animals involved in this so called entertainment , horse , dogs and foxes.It's the same for some greyhounds aswell.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:46 PM #107

Fox hounds are used in drag hunting and because they follow a strong scent, they rarely veer off course.

They can make good pets. I know a guy who rescued one and that dogs fitted in fine.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:09 PM #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Yes and when they have outlived their usefulness they are shot or worse, it's cruel to all the animals involved in this so called entertainment , horse , dogs and foxes.It's the same for some greyhounds aswell.
Your right about that. I spent my teenage years living very close to Guy Reed, the race horse owner who also ran his own hunt. We were quite friendly with his game keeper who told us that it wasn't unusual for the kennel master so shoot a dog. Sometimes, if a dog fails to catch a fox on a hunt, it will stray and go missing, sometimes for days. It won't return until it catches something like a rabbit and then it will trot proudly home. That dog gets shot before its half way up the driveway.
Old 16-05-2017, 07:19 PM #109
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Small group of anti fox hunt protesters today in maidenhead town centre, Teresa mays constituency
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:33 PM #110
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
Small group of anti fox hunt protesters today in maidenhead town centre, Teresa mays constituency
She won't care one jot, she is likely even to hold votes from people usually against this barbarism.
So why should she concern herself with a few protesters.

After all she called this election because she was irritated with any opposition to brexit.
Foxes have no chance,she sees them as vermin with no right to life even in the countryside.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:34 PM #111

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Favourites:
CBB14: Gary
CBB 13: Ollie Locke

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Cats,domestic ones,go around killing birds and not eating them,leaving blood strewn feathers all over the place.
Ruining people's flowerbeds etc:
Should people go hunting cats with packs of dogs.
Absolutely not.

“I am thrilled to be alive at time when humanity is pushing against the limits of understanding. Even better, we may eventually discover that there are no limits.”
― Richard Dawkins
jaxie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-05-2017, 07:39 PM #112
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
Absolutely not.
I agree..
Old 17-05-2017, 06:50 AM #113
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Thought I'd post seeing as this was being discussed yesterday. Looks like Joey's been proven right (as usual)...took less than 24 hours!

Clip here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7726506.html

And here's a few other right-wing sources to stop the inevitable 'oh, that lefty paper would say that!'. Keeps everyone happy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-13-years.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-conservative/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/352050...eral-election/
And you assume most tories are FOR hunting. I would disagree as most tories are not upper-class toffs. You are living in the past.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 07:17 AM #114

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

They should televise it.
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 07:49 AM #115

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
And you assume most tories are FOR hunting. I would disagree as most tories are not upper-class toffs. You are living in the past.
This is true, plus people from ALL the parties partake in the 'sport' and none of the other leaders of the parties are poor either,people who think Tories are all rich are deluded,they are no different than any other party running,yes they like to reward those who work hard (nothing wrong with that) rather that than encouraging people to not bother. maybe people should show the same passion for the likes of the Liberal Democrat leader who is against abortion,taking away a womans right.

Old 17-05-2017, 08:51 AM #116
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

P
Quote:
This is true, plus people from ALL the parties partake in the 'sport' and none of the other leaders of the parties are poor either,people who think Tories are all rich are deluded,they are no different than any other party running,yes they like to reward those who work hard (nothing wrong with that) rather that than encouraging people to not bother. maybe people should show the same passion for the likes of the Liberal Democrat leader who is against abortion,taking away a womans right.
Kazanne,if this was Labour or Lib Dems or even UKIP proposing any kind of vote on this to be legalised,you would be ripping into them big-time.
Oddly enough so would I but I would never give my vote to anyone,advocating this,not a chance.

Because to me how others think about and treat animals,(which whatever the reasons of the human race, I see humans as should be the guardians of animal welfare),reveals to me their likely thinking, not only to animals but anything or anyone seen to be weaker than them.

This is the Conservative party proposing this vote,Labour had to get a massive majority to be able to ensure,again in a freevote getting foxhunting banned,in order to see off Conservative opposition to any ban.

You can justify the Cons all you like and find excuses to exonerate her and her Party who support this barbarism.
You go ahead and believe this would be voted down,Cons after a.good election,support their leader.
She and her Party overall want a vote on this,she strongly supports it.
You delude yourself that even in a freevote,Con MPs will not give her what she wants.
I am not deluded what will be the outcome,she will get it legalised for that powerful hunt lobby that supports her and the Con party,who also donate to the Cons too.

How would foxes vote on this if they could,would they trust anyone or Party who had never ever held a vote to ban it in the past,who thought it a bad idea anyway to ban it a few years ago.
I am sure I know the answer and they would not be voting for or trusting Mrs May and her followers to champion these hunts back.

Mrs May does not after this election,expect now to on anything lose any votes in Parliament that 'she' supports.
She will win this vote and once you have helped elect her with a greater majority,and she gets the win to legalise this again, you cannot then complain about it or change that you helped her do it.
I'm personally glad that is something I will never take the slightest risk on for sure.

There's not a scrap of decency in anyone that wants to use her power to even just think of bringing foxhunting back never mind hold a vote to do so too.
A vote,since she hates losing anything,she would not even be proposing if she felt there was any chance she'd lose it.
She knows she won't,I am 100% sure.she won't lose either,not with a greatly increased Conservative majority of MPs.

You carry on finding excuses for her, to me she is no better than the truly cruel and awful people who organise and ride out in these barbaric cruel hunts.
Shows her heartless mind as to her thinking for me.

I really have no connection or understanding towards anyone who supports this horrible activity.
I can't grasp why any animal lover would want to even risk in any way this coming back.
You have really surprised me on this Kazanne.
I'm quite stunned.

Last edited by joeysteele; 17-05-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:04 AM #117
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Kazanne,if this was Labour or Lib Dems or even UKIP proposing any kind of vote on this to be legalised,you would be ripping into them big-time.
Oddly enough so would I but I would never give my vote to anyone,advocating this,not a chance.

Because to me how others think about and treat animals,(which whatever the reasons of the human race, I see humans as should be the guardians of animal welfare),reveals to me their likely thinking, not only to animals but anything or anyone seen to be weaker than them.

This is the Conservative party proposing this vote,Labour had to get a massive majority to be able to ensure,again in a freevote getting foxhunting banned,in order to see off Conservative opposition to any ban.

You can justify the Cons all you like and find excuses to exonerate her and her Party who support this barbarism.
You go ahead and believe this would be voted down,Cons after a.good election,support their leader.
You delude yourself that even in a freevote,Con MPs will not give her what she wants.
I am not deluded what will be the outcome,she will get it legalised for that powerful hunt lobby that supports her and the Con party,who also donate to the Cons too.

How would foxes vote on this if they could,would they trust anyone or Party who had never ever held a vote to ban it in the past,who thought it a bad idea anyway to ban it a few years ago.
I am sure I know the answer and they would not be voting for or trusting Mrs May and her followers to champion these hunts back.

Mrs May does not after this election,expect now to on anything lose any votes in Parliament that 'she' supports.
She will win this vote and once you have helped elect her with a greater majority,and she gets the win to legalise this again, you cannot then complain about it or change that you helped her do it.
I'm personally glad that is something I will never take the slightest risk on for sure.

There's not a scrap of decency in anyone that wants to use her power to even just think of bringing foxhunting back never mind hold a vote to do so too.
A vote,since she hates losing anything,she would not even be proposing if she felt there was any chance she'd lose it.
She knows she won't,I am 100% sure.she won't lose either,not with a greatly increased Conservative majority of MPs.

You carry on finding excuses for her, to me she is no better than the truly cruel and awful people who organise and ride out in these barbaric cruel hunts.
It is very rare for people to agree with everything a political party proposes or believes - people usually vote on the principles they support overall. I personally don't support fox hunting, I even wrote an essay against it in my English exam many years ago. I hate it. But I believe you cannot vote against a party you believe would be best for the future of billions of people based on one issue.

I also have faith in human decency and that most would be against such a barbaric sport in this day and age. You cannot let emotions cloud your judgement in the bigger scheme of things.

If it were to be brought back we would have to give her a hard time about it and campaign our socks off and make sure she realised the possibly of a second-term for her could seriously be in doubt if she didn't ban it.

Last edited by Brillopad; 17-05-2017 at 09:11 AM.
Old 17-05-2017, 09:32 AM #118
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It aids in getting the measure of a party by what they choose to champion, why on earth would the tories throw their support behind such a 'sport' with a tiny minority of supporters? Because that is their target market, the elite, the 5%
Old 17-05-2017, 10:43 AM #119
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele
How would foxes vote on this if they could
Well... they're British foxes so if the past few years have taught us anything, it's that they would vote heavily in favour of the hunt, clap and cheer about everything hunt related, watch other foxes being ripped to shreds and sigh and say - "Well he should have run faster then!"

Quote:
If it were to be brought back we would have to give her a hard time about it and campaign our socks off and make sure she realised the possibly of a second-term for her could seriously be in doubt if she didn't ban it.
Are you saying we should protest? You're nothing but a Foxmoaner! Disrespecting democracy!

Crush the saboteur!

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 17-05-2017 at 10:45 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 11:23 AM #120
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Well... they're British foxes so if the past few years have taught us anything, it's that they would vote heavily in favour of the hunt, clap and cheer about everything hunt related, watch other foxes being ripped to shreds and sigh and say - "Well he should have run faster then!"

Are you saying we should protest? You're nothing but a Foxmoaner! Disrespecting democracy!

Crush the saboteur!

Really strong points,sad as well.

Protesting after the Cons are given the chance to legalise this again and they subsequently then do as I strongly predict.
That will result in nothing, it will be back,legalised and the Cons would never hold a vote on this again.

Labour or no other party for that matter are likely to ever get the large majority needed to overturn it again,to be able to again defeat Con support for foxhunting with hounds.

If anyone really hates this,what many Cons and May would even call sport,and then votes to give her the chance to hold this vote at all.
Their crocodile tears when the vote is won,as it will be,will be meaningless.
They will have helped support it coming back and cannot say they weren't adequately warned that it will be legalised,by their Conservative govt again.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:29 AM #121

Her campaign strategy is so risky that I suspect she might not want to win the election.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:34 AM #122

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
P

I really have no connection or understanding towards anyone who supports this horrible activity.
I can't grasp why any animal lover would want to even risk in any way this coming back.
You have really surprised me on this Kazanne.
I'm quite stunned.
You have nothing to be stunned about Joey ,I have said several times that I will not be voting for her should this barbaric sport be brought back,why would I ? I adore animals,I maybe worded my post wrong,I was just pointing out that it is not just Tories who partake in this 'sport' it is people from all walks of life,yes labour toffs aswell,I have never ever said I supported it and never will.Plus although it is illegal,people are STILL doing it and stupid people go and watch.Where are the police when it is being carried out? Labour may have banned it,but they havent really made sure the people that partake still,are brought to book.Fox hunts still take place,always have,so without proper fines and policing it was a pointless law anyway.send them to prison for a stint,they might get the message then.

Last edited by Kazanne; 17-05-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:44 AM #123
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You have nothing to be stunned about Joey ,I have said several times that I will not be voting for her should this barbaric sport be brought back,why would I ? I adore animals,I maybe worded my post wrong,I was just pointing out that it is not just Tories who partake in this 'sport' it is people from all walks of life,yes labour toffs aswell,I have never ever said I supported it and never will.
I came across a rather big fox one evening fairly recently that had been run over by a car and couldn't move its rear end. It was horrible as it had managed to fall off the path and into the road with cars and buses coming directly at it.

A group of us stood there waving at the traffic to go around it as it was still Alive and conscious at that point. After a while a car did run over its rail at one point but there was no response from the fox'. Sadly, but for the best, it had died. At least it wasn't its fate to suffer the same experience again. I will never forget it - my eyes well up every time I think about it.

Last edited by Brillopad; 17-05-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 17-05-2017, 11:50 AM #124
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
I came across a rather big fox one evening fairly recently that had been run over by a car and couldn't move its rear end. It was horrible as it had managed to fall off the path and into the road with cars and buses coming directly at it.

A group of us stood there waving at the traffic to go around it as it was still Alive and conscious at that point. After a while a car did run over its rail at one point but there was no response from the fox'. Sadly, but for the best, it had died. At least it wasn't its fate to suffer the same experience again. I will never forget it - my eyes well up every time I think about it.

I used to have a fox who would sit outside my front door of an evening waiting for scraps, she just disappeared one evening I expect something like this happened her, although she was quite old as well
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 11:50 AM #125
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

I live next to a small wood that must be home to at least 10 foxes, several badgers as well. I often walk past them if I'm home late, they're completely misunderstood creatures

Its the Conservative party, at this point they can probably announce the first annual purge for the summer and people will still be like "hmm yeh but Corbyn isn't really a leader"

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
elected, fox, free, hunting, promises, theresa, vote