Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:11 PM #26

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Once again... It was a poll, a yougov poll, the same pollsters that all papers use.
There is no hypocrisy, I am aware the canary has a left wing bias but I don't care, as long as what they report can be fact checked as a direct quote or such I'm happy.
You aren't though. I've posted articles with direct quotes from the DM and other sources and you have dismissed them as biased. I doubt you, and others too, even read the article linked if it comes from, for example, the DM. I suspect this because the contents of the article itself isn't discussed or even commented on, it is just the usual dismissive cry of 'BIASED!' Perhaps it would be a good idea to point out WHICH PARTS of the article are found to be biased and give reasons. That can then be discussed, which is what this forum is for, right?
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:11 PM #27
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Lefty YouGov and libertarian pale stale male and libertarian lefty and radical feminists left left left and libertarian claptrap trap trap trap trap trap bzzt.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:17 PM #28
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
You aren't though. I've posted articles with direct quotes from the DM and other sources and you have dismissed them as biased. I doubt you, and others too, even read the article linked if it comes from, for example, the DM. I suspect this because the contents of the article itself isn't discussed or even commented on, it is just the usual dismissive cry of 'BIASED!' Perhaps it would be a good idea to point out WHICH PARTS of the article are found to be biased and give reasons. That can then be discussed, which is what this forum is for, right?
They are biased... that's a given, as the canary is. However if what they say is true and can be sourced as fact that's fine, it's the biased opinion pieces I have an issue with.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:18 PM #29
User banned

User banned

Quote:
That is very true.

I have had the same experience on several occasions. God forbid if you link from the DM - it is immediately dismissed by some. There are definitely those on here trying to dictate to everyone else what are/aren't suitable sources. Anything from a left-leaning source is fine . If not - no hope!
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:19 PM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Here is what the main parties put in their manifestos re business.

http://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/know...ll-businesses/
Old 07-07-2017, 01:34 PM #31
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Lol at it gettig to the point that YouGov is biased because May is losing the poll. Thats desperation, that.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM #32
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Lol at it gettig to the point that YouGov is biased because May is losing the poll. Thats desperation, that.
https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...ntention_W.pdf

Lefty nonsense! Pure biased opinion and conjecture! Liberals! Feminism, probably!
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:37 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lefty YouGov and libertarian pale stale male and libertarian lefty and radical feminists left left left and libertarian claptrap trap trap trap trap trap bzzt.
I see you are talking sense at last.
Old 07-07-2017, 01:54 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0da2c731e8ceb

No prizes for guessing why Labour are so focused on public service workers - as they know that is what will get them votes.
corbyn and his communist country hating comrades never ever mention small busiensses , the actual backbone who provide and pay for millions of jobs and fund the public services and provide the country witth its rich culture and identity. the public sector has bcome the enemy of the small businesses and they destroy them with endless way over inflation costs, tariffs, license fees, petty fines , petty burocracy , parking fees in town centres and hospitals, disastrous road blockages, endless speed bumps and cameras, one village in wales calleed burry port (6000 population has over 120 speed bumps renamed bumpy port) all run by labour of course and absurd rules they simply invent as they go along just to boost the councils coffers.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:19 PM #35
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Well the baitings started so that's my cue to leave.
thats right "run from the truth", that should be labour parties slogan
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:29 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I couldn't really make out what he was saying, to be fair, the clip didn't give much context... it seems like he was ranting a big ol' "But wot about meee! I aint public sector and I want stuff too!!"... in response to a question or discussion that had nothing at all to do with small business.

I guess you could compare it to people coming onto debate threads on here saying "Yeah but what about Corbyn!" or "Yeah but what about Labour in 1999!" when the thread is about something totally different.

Sure they may have genuine grievances, but it's not really appropriate to force another discussion (in this case, much deserved public pay sector rises) off track to push your own agenda...
Better that than coming into DEBATE threads and not discussing the subject matter at all but rather going on bizarre baiting sprees....

Last edited by jet; 07-07-2017 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:31 PM #37
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Better that than coming into DEBATE threads and not discussing the subject matter at all but rather going on bizarre baiting sprees....
I mean... it's very similar.

There's no point debating here really anymore. No fun in it anyway anymore. Couple posters ruining it for the forum imo.

- now it's more emotional arguments from the right and logical arguments from the left, and it's ALWAYS a left va right argument, debates here never used to be.

... but you can't fight logic with emotion, and you cant fight emotion with logic. It just seems like people are shouting at walls, because they are talking in two different languages... That plus the fact that it seems like one member is deliberately trying to spam the forum with multiple threads a day covering very similar hate stories, which is also boring, there's no need - we get it - you are emotionally obsessed with Corbyn and you hate him - we get it - stop spamming us (not @ you, in general).

So fighting emotion with nonsense does actually seem like the best method from my perspective to be honest.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:37 PM #38
Banned

Banned

If you're going to try to suggest that Labour is courting people to vote against their own self interests than surely you need to acknowledge that the Tories are actually guilty of this.

Labour is focused on the Public Sector because the Tories have been systematically sabotaging and destroying it ever since Cameron took over from Brown. A ruined public service system does not benefit the working or middle classes, most are reliant on them yet people will gladly vote Tory because they've managed to pull the wool over their eyes by using scapegoats and smear campaigns to cover the fact that the Tory Manifesto is unpriced, untested and benefits only the very top of the economy, they covered the fact that Theresa May is not suitable for the position of PM by having her constantly repeating headline friendly slogans rather than saying anything of substance.

Just look at her pre-election interview with Jeremy Paxman, a self parody of a man admittedly but it still highlighted the fact Theresa May and her government are dangerously unfit. She point blank refused to answer questions that couldn't be covered with her slogans and she evaded every question that she didn't like. It honestly bewildered me how anyone could support her after seeing her die a slow death on stage like that but then I remembered, just mention immigrants, Brexit or Jeremy Corbyn and you will never be held to the facts, you'll get a free pass from the media and a free pass from a largely wilfully ignorant public.

People are dancing to the Tories' tune although they are being led to the mouth of an active volcano in doing so.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 05:18 PM #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
No-one is saying they don't deserve or shouldn't get a decent pay rise, Christ I work in the NHS, but many feel that some politicians are using this important issue to score brownie points.
Yeah me too. What do you do?
Old 07-07-2017, 11:27 PM #40
Sod orf

Sod orf

1300s I'm dying from the Black plague

1800s I'm 9 years old, and I'm working in a factory

1900s I'm off to fight in a war

2000s I'm offended
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:32 PM #41
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
1300s I'm dying from the Black plague

1800s I'm 9 years old, and I'm working in a factory

1900s I'm off to fight in a war

2000s I'm offended
Lol at us pretending that anyone born after 1930 was "off to fight in a war" (other than professionally / voluntarily).

This forum is boomers and beyond; we're all as bratty and entitled as each other I'm afraid .
Old 07-07-2017, 11:33 PM #42
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Lol at us pretending that anyone born after 1930 was "off to fight in a war" (other than professionally / voluntarily).

This forum is boomers and beyond; we're all as bratty and entitled as each other I'm afraid .
^2000s

Last edited by Alf; 07-07-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:41 PM #43
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
^2000s
...wot?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bubble, labour, living, mps