Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB21 Celebrity Big Brother January 2018 [CBB 21] (dubbed Year of the Women). Discuss the housemates and series - which was won by Courtney Act - here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-01-2018, 02:17 PM #11
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac hills View Post
The wage gap is a myth from a misleading statistic that disregarded job positions, hours work and most importantly maternity leave

The 5 most powerful people in Britain are women

Sexual abuse isn’t a feminist issue both sexes deal with it

What qualifies as sexual harassment for you btw? Cat calling?

I don’t hate women, I’m an egalitarian. All people deserve rights and equal treatment, not just women. I would go as far to say that it has started going the other way and that women have it easier but that’s up for debate.
Except the wage gap isn't a myth, it's something that's been proven to exist time and time again.

The most powerful people in the country doesn't change things for the millions of other women in the country, leadership roles in most industries are still dominated by men, business is still mostly male dominated etc. There's more opportunities for men then there are women.

Sexual abuse can affect both sexes but women are still way more likely to be affected by it

Yes, all the sexual harassment business of the past year has just come down to cat calling. Good god. Sexual harassment is the pressurising of a person into a sexual situation, whether that be by unwanted advances or comments or leading a person into a sexual situation through false pretences. It's a problem, like with sexual assault, that women have to deal with way more than men.

I reject the idea that you are an egalitarian, why aren't you denouncing all the advantages men get in favour of pretending that feminism isn't needed when it obviously is just because you have a problem with the few advantage society allows women to have. It's the same argument that people have against Pride parades or Black History month.

Nothing you have said has really made me believe that you care about equality at all.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ashley, feminist, james