Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 05:17 PM #226
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Serious enough that they feel you can't remain on the forum. Obviously.

I don't need to explain myself to you.
Thing is though, the only person I know of who has been permabanned while I've been here (TheTruth) and I don't think he had one specific "terrible thing", just the same **** he was doing for years but the staff decided had gone on long enough? . I'm not saying they ever had to accept his rhetoric if they didn't want to... just that it seems odd that it WAS allowed to go on for many years and then a permanent ban, without much other action being taken first. And I hate to say it but... in the spirit again of calling a spade a spade; he had a major-ish run in with Vicky in a thread (member-to-member not member-to-mod) and then pissed off Niamh in another large thread... and within a week he was perma banned.

Again I'm not saying that the things he was saying were fine or acceptable but it was the same stuff he had been ranting for literally years at other members all across the forum without being banned... and then after a couple of run ins with staff he was gone. It was never really explained in anything more than a wishy-washy way... and I personally think there's still a pretty major question mark hanging over it . If it was the star of a major policy overhaul that would be one thing... but nothing has changed in regards to other people with similar rants / opinions.

My only two theories are that either it's because he went to battle with the wrong people, OR that somehow misogyny has become TiBB's #1 felony and everything else is still pretty much OK.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:17 PM #227
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Youve made 38 posts in this thread, and not one has been in response to the thread topic.
I worry about people counting posts - you need to get a new hobby.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:18 PM #228

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Was kinda hoping for a serious answer, which member are you on about by the way. I'm assuming its not one of the two members who have been brought up in the thread so far.
Its more about multis than banned members...i would follow the rule set out in the rules and ban both accounts..one perma and one for 2weeks.....

Like i got in about 2012.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:18 PM #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Stop making it so then.
I haven't. But this is usually how you operate. You make a hypocritical statement and then spend pages upon pages talking about yourself.

No more. I'm not interested. Bye.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:19 PM #230
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I worry about people counting posts - you need to get a new hobby.
I'll teach you about the forum features another day. Today you should probably focus on responding to the thread topic.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:19 PM #231
-

-

Quote:
Funny I was thinking the same thing. I think some are making it up as they go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmnion View Post
Only thing i notice of you is the way you get attacked left right and centre...yet you fight back well....alone most of the time against sometimes up to 5 people..i dont know how you do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
Indeed, and if anyone steps in because it's so uncomfortable to read they get shut down by gang claims
You're literally both doing it right now
Old 02-03-2018, 05:19 PM #232

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Gang is the favourite word on here no matter which section you post in.
Out of the thousands on offer in the thread you picked this one...stop it.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:20 PM #233
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Thing is though, the only person I know of who has been permabanned while I've been here (TheTruth) and I don't think he had one specific "terrible thing", just the same **** he was doing for years but the staff decided had gone on long enough? . I'm not saying they ever had to accept his rhetoric if they didn't want to... just that it seems odd that it WAS allowed to go on for many years and then a permanent ban, without much other action being taken first. And I hate to say it but... in the spirit again of calling a spade a spade; he had a major-ish run in with Vicky in a thread (member-to-member not member-to-mod) and then pissed off Niamh in another large thread... and within a week he was perma banned.

Again I'm not saying that the things he was saying were fine or acceptable but it was the same stuff he had been ranting for literally years at other members all across the forum without being banned... and then after a couple of run ins with staff he was gone. It was never really explained in anything more than a wishy-washy way... and I personally think there's still a pretty major question mark hanging over it . If it was the star of a major policy overhaul that would be one thing... but nothing has changed in regards to other people with similar rants / opinions.

My only two theories are that either it's because he went to battle with the wrong people, OR that somehow misogyny has become TiBB's #1 felony and everything else is still pretty much OK.
Or you know, the constant rule breaking and ignoring the reasons for his infractions thereby clearly not learning from them, led to the mods finally pulling their finger out of their arses? idk just a theory

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 02-03-2018, 05:20 PM #234

Quote:

Oh I completely agree.

The inconsistent application of the rules is the biggest problem out of everything.

In regards to him I think it was more everyone feeling he should be banned as he wasn't contributing much but there's only a couple of people who can apply permabans. I don't think any mod can do it so it was them disagreeing for so long.

There needs to be a fixed rule in place though that applies equally.

Last edited by Marsh.; 02-03-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:20 PM #235
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I haven't. But this is usually how you operate. You make a hypocritical statement and then spend pages upon pages talking about yourself.

No I don’t - you are just conveniently buying into Withano’s screwed theories - no surprises there.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:21 PM #236
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You're literally both doing it right now
no

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-03-2018, 05:22 PM #237
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Or you know, the constant rule breaking and ignoring the reasons for his infractions thereby clearly not learning from them, led to the mods finally pulling their finger out of their arses? idk just a theory
We are not talking about Morsh

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-03-2018, 05:22 PM #238
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Literally this. She rarely responds to the thread topic, its just a compulsive need to discuss herself or others. Its so boring watching her constantly derail perfectly interesting threads.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:22 PM #239
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

If this thread was a celeb it would be

Spoiler:

Last edited by LeatherTrumpet; 02-03-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:23 PM #240
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Don't mess with Niamh and Vicky

Old 02-03-2018, 05:23 PM #241
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
We are not talking about Morsh
Sorry is this not like, complete baiting?

The scars on my mind are on replay
Old 02-03-2018, 05:24 PM #242
Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Queen of Walford

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
CBB19: Kim Woodburn

Quote:
I just don't understand the point of their original account being permabanned if there is no such thing as a permaban.

Let them back if you want but allowing them back under a new username is just plain odd.

Especially as the rule on multis is still there.
I agree with this.

Letting people back under new names just causes people to presume new members are multis and they get treated pretty badly by some members, DouglasS/MeMyselfandI is a prime example of someone coming back to simply cause trouble but being allowed back all the same.

He was allowed back and almost straight away he got caught cheating in the pub quiz and make it seem like it was Luke. How long until he acts out again?
Old 02-03-2018, 05:24 PM #243

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Literally this. She rarely responds to the thread topic, its just a compulsive need to discuss herself or others. Its so boring watching her constantly derail perfectly interesting threads.

It must be hard to stay on topic when you have five quoted posts to reply to...your inability to see this astounds me.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:24 PM #244
-

-

Quote:
Perfectly good reason to ban him, yes, BUT the reason there's a question mark is that there are plenty of people guilty of this who are still posting away... and frankly, as bad as Truth was, I wouldn't say he was even in the top 5 worst. So why, specifically, was Truth made "the example" and permabanned? And without it being an ongoing policy of permabanning people guilty of what you describe?

Again I have to go back to the two possibilities: 1) he pissed off the wrong people on the wrong day or 2) his major issue generally was misogyny and that's considered by staff to be "a worse crime" (or rather, something they can't deal with seeing) MORE than other similar offenses, and the "reasoning" for the permaban was cobbled together after the decision was already made.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:24 PM #245

Quote:
Out of the thousands on offer in the thread you picked this one...stop it.
stop what?

Quoting Cherie?
Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 PM #246
User banned

User banned

Quote:
You have a compulsive need to discuss me which clearly has not gone unnoticed by others. You need to keep yourself in check mate. You create the situation and then try to put it on me. You are a devious so and so.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 PM #247
The voice of reason

The voice of reason

Quote:
Id expect if anyone would know... it would be you

which in itself is a baiting post

Old 02-03-2018, 05:25 PM #248

Quote:
No I don’t - you are just conveniently buying into Withano’s screwed theories - no surprises there.
Withano has nothing to do with the bullsh*t your posting in response to me.

This is the last off topic rubbish I will respond to.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:26 PM #249
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It must be hard to stay on topic when you have five quoted posts to reply to...your inability to see this astounds me.
Right.. but coming into threads, ignoring the OP, and instantly replying in disagreeance with someone whilst usually talking about herself or others wont help, obviously. Its what happened in this thread, its what happens regularly when she gets into SD&N.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:26 PM #250
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Lighten up Marsh can take a joke

Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
debate, discussion, forum