Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2018, 02:00 PM #29
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I honestly think it's interesting that Elsa could easily be gay as no interest in anyone at all was implied in the first Frozen film. Which is quite "progressive" for Disney in itself... Having a main character with ZERO hint of a romantic subplot. They potentially seem to be heading more in that direction as, despite having both a female and male lead, there was no hint of a romance storyline in Moana either, again going with a more "sibling-like" vibe.
I quite liked that..so many Disney films seem to be about romances so I enjoyed having one that had no hint of that stuff. So it kind of annoys me a bhit that since there was no love interest, people seem determined to introduce a love interest

Haven't seen Moana. But I would love it if more and more films stopped being about the pretty little princess doing nothing really but trying to find Prince Charming. Just seems so..old fashioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Disney is already Gay AF, What is more gay than Disney anyway? i think it makes sense that Disney embraces how gay they are. How many straight people do you know over 12 that love Disney?

I still have crushes on Prince Eric and Aladdin.
Aladdin was my first crush Wasn't til like a couple of years ago I fopund out hes meant to look like Tom Cruise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
The only reason I can think of why it would be inappropriate is if people think it would encourage kids to be gay, but surely in 2018 we've moved on from the 'being gay is a choice' way of thinking?
Well yeah..you cannot encourage someone to be gay. Transgender characters though, it really really would depend how they handled it as kids can be convinced they are trans just because of stereotypical crap. I think with trans pressure groups heading into schools to tell 5 year old kids that they may be trans if they like stuff associated with the opposite sex..we need no more of that nonsense.

Like others, I think its inappropriate for the characters in disney films to be promiscuous. Just no need at all. And I would prefer if they left Elsa alone as just a woman who does not fawn over the handsome prince or whatever. refreshing change, and hopefully more are made that way. but other characters..theres no reason at all for not having gay/bi ones. Just not my Elsa
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
disney, gay, princesses, promiscuous