Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 Post about the previous seasons (BB1 [2000] to BB21 [2019]) of Big Brother USA, and Celebrity Big Brother USA in this sub-forum.
Big Brother 13,14,15 US HouseGuests (tags):

Old 15-09-2016, 08:59 PM #2601
another vice

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Louis Walsh
BB2023: Jordan
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
The same could be said about Dick Donato and like the entire cast of BB15 and a bunch of other people lol.
I can't comment on this because I don't know any of those people.

All I'm saying is I can understand any housemate getting support no matter who it is, because needless to say - everybody views situations differently and has different opinions.
caprimint is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 09:03 PM #2602
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprimint View Post
I can't comment on this because I don't know any of those people.

All I'm saying is I can understand any housemate getting support no matter who it is, because needless to say - everybody views situations differently and has different opinions.
The forum would be boring if everyone liked/disliked the same people lol. People should be allowed to like/dislike whoever they want because everyone has a different view and will see things differently to other people, it's crazy how it's a big deal who supports who. I'm not going to change my opinion on Paulie because he;s hated. I only really hate people who are racist/homophobic etc if they didn't say those things and that if I find them likeable and decent to watch I will like them.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 15-09-2016 at 09:05 PM.
LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 15-09-2016, 09:08 PM #2603
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
The forum would be boring if everyone liked/disliked the same people lol. People should be allowed to like/dislike whoever they want because everyone has a different view and will see things differently to other people, it's crazy how it's a big deal who supports who. I'm not going to change my opinion on Paulie because he;s hated. I only really hate people who are racist/homophobic etc if they didn't say those things and that if I find them likeable and decent to watch I will like them.
Exactly. Yeah, obviously being homophobic and racist is awful but if I enjoy watching them on a show I'm not going to instantly dislike them because of their views even if they are absolutely terrible ones.

You could probably find something bad about many of the housemates if you analyzed every single thing they did/said and reviewed their backgrounds and histories etc. Nobody is perfect and the bottom line for me is: if I like what I see then an irrelevant factor isn't going to change my mind.
Old 15-09-2016, 09:16 PM #2604
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Exactly. Yeah, obviously being homophobic and racist is awful but if I enjoy watching them on a show I'm not going to instantly dislike them because of their views even if they are absolutely terrible ones.

You could probably find something bad about many of the housemates if you analyzed every single thing they did/said and reviewed their backgrounds and histories etc. Nobody is perfect and the bottom line for me is: if I like what I see then an irrelevant factor isn't going to change my mind.
Which is fair, I wouldn't be annoyed if you did etc I saw Paulie fans around social media saying they didn't condone his comments etc but they still love him, which is still fair because some people are like that like I'm with them on that point

I agree, no matter how amazing they are each hm has a positive and a negative might not be equally balanced but it's still there. Even the bad ones have positives.

Spoiler:

Last edited by LukeB; 15-09-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 16-09-2016, 12:09 AM #2605
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Paulie hardly 'abused' her, he was literally playing Big Brother strategically and not emotionally like she was.

And yeah, I respect Paulie for standing up for Zakiyah as well Everything he said was completely accurate, there is no need for Da'Vonne to even involve herself in whatever level their relationship is at.
And not to bring this up again but since I was mobile earlier, why do people on this show and watching this show feel the need to frame everything as strategic and emotional? This isn't even @ you caprimint, but since you brought up how Paulie was playing strategically and not emotionally, it reminded me how much he harped on that point and ****ing Nicole is still going on about "well I need to make a strategic move, not an emotional one!", and even James pulled that **** during Day's boot week. Like... what was strategic about Paulie telling Natalie she's as fake as her tits? What was strategic about him screaming at her in the HoH Room for 15 minutes in front of the entire house without being able to read the room? What was strategic about him refusing to bake any pies for a full day and cry all week when he was nominated? What was strategic about Nicole giving Corey handjobs in bed for two months?

I could go on and on but I'll end by saying that I think it's so ****ing annoying and stupid that so many people approach this show with the frame of mind that Strategy Is Good and Emotions Are Bad (it doesn't help that the show frames itself with this mindset too) when that's just not true lol. It's not as black-and-white and there is a loooooooot of overlap between the two. Not to mention that if you play the game without emotions you just end up being a robot that nobody cares about and thus won't have any incentive to give you $500,000. This is a game that at its core is about personal relationships and connections with people, not arbitrarily moving people around like they're chess pieces and ignoring their emotions, not to mention ignoring your own.

I don't know, I just realized this year how prevalent this mindset is and I think it's sooooooooooo self-aggrandizing. It's the BB equivalent of Ciera Easting yelling about how you have to MAKE BIG MOVES and PLAY DA GAME.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 16-09-2016 at 12:11 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 12:33 AM #2606
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

I think they all try to play strategically but it's hard not to let your emotions get the better of you which adds to the reasons of why I respect Paulie's game. Was everything he (or any of them, as a matter of fact) did seen as strategical? Absolutely not, but some of them were better at it than others. I think it's just easier to get screwed over by playing too emotionally (Zakiyah and Michelle having breakdowns and most people in showmances do this too, even Victor by putting his full trust in others), but I think Paul has had a pretty great balance between strategic and emotion, which is the majority of the reason he's still there when he began at the bottom.
Old 16-09-2016, 06:14 AM #2607
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Enzo
BBCanada 8: Jamar
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

I finally properly watched the jury house fight and lmaooo that was GOOD. I think Da'Vonne looked the worst in it tbh but was the most entertaining / best part of it. Paulie also added to the entertainment but also came across pretty bad when he brought up Day's kid. Aside from that I (kinda surprisingly) feel like he was respectable in that situation with everyone going at him/Zakiyah like that & Da'Vonne getting in his face yelling. I get it / whatever if people think he deserves it lol.

I don't think anyone looked awful either. It was a funny, highly intense blowup. I just see it as good TV all around.

In the end I actually felt kinda bad for Zakiyah in all of that despite not liking her at all... but she was just kinda.. there.. as always.

Last edited by JerseyWins; 16-09-2016 at 06:16 AM.
JerseyWins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-09-2016, 06:53 AM #2608
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):
Meow Meow

Favourites (more):

Oh and also... Thank God Da'Vonne made jury.
Old 17-09-2016, 12:13 AM #2609
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

okay so this isn't surprising

But this is

Shame there's no way he's gonna make it to part 3 *sigh*
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 12:17 AM #2610
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Wait is this not a recap episode? They've shown part one already judging by the updates
Old 17-09-2016, 12:26 AM #2611
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

James only wants a f2 with paul because he knows he has the votes. James would win over Paul and it would such a under deserving win. He has done nothing

Spoiler:

Old 17-09-2016, 12:33 AM #2612
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Well here's some positive news from this season for once, Dr Will hosted the roundtable again (I was worried Grodner would pull some **** like inviting Derrick ) and has described it as the 'best, most opinionated, most entertaining jury that I have seen in my four years of participating in the jury debate'

http://zap2it.com/2016/09/will-kirby...ic-conflicted/

A full ten minutes of it on the finale please and thank you
Old 17-09-2016, 12:35 AM #2613
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
What was the tension like between Da'Vonne, Paulie and Zakiyah after their blow-up the other night?

For legal reasons I am not allowed to comment on this question specifically. I am allowed to state that all precautions were made to ensure the safety of all jury members and everyone ultimately was allowed and encouraged to air their grievances. The show will offer more information during the live finale.
Fight Night incoming?
Old 17-09-2016, 12:36 AM #2614
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I think that... the jury roundtable is ****ing stupid and a waste of time, just like the majority of the finale, and the majority of the season. Sorry! How predictable of me, right?
Old 17-09-2016, 12:41 AM #2615
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Did you just self combust?
Old 17-09-2016, 12:56 AM #2616
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

eh, I just think it's dumb and staged (like a majority of things on this show), and I think the fact that the show feels like there's a need to have someone "facilitate" it is stupid since the purpose is really to get Will to try and steer them away from being bitter () and voting for The Right Person.

And then my other biggest issue with the finale format is how dumb the jury questioning is, because they pre-write the questions and not everyone even gets to ask a question and they're usually suuuuuuper tame and ask about nothing and they don't end up effecting anything. I can't think of a single Big Moment that came from BBUS jury questions and I think that's a big problem.
Old 17-09-2016, 01:06 AM #2617
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Oh I agree about the jury questioning, the fact they all have to agree on three questions is awful they should get one each like they always used to. I'd actually be quite resentful as a juror if I'd spent six weeks in a house where I'm not even competing for money only to not get my chance to address the finalists. Survivor definitely lead the way on this although in recent seasons they seem to have dropped the opening and closing statements too which I don't like

I do think the roundtable worked better when they all just discussed it amongst themselves but hey it's an appearance from Dr Will so I can't knock if
Old 17-09-2016, 01:26 AM #2618
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I think my biggest issue with it all is that since Will started hosting the roundtable in BB15, it's definitely a reaction on production's end to Ian winning BB14 and that being The Wrong Decision, and I think it's kinda ****ty to undermine a winner like that, not to mention the fact that Dan's BB14 game was pretty much textbook as how to not manage a jury of your peers, not to mention that Dan ****ing sucks.

and yeah, the staged questions that they all agree on (not to mention that production agrees on, they for sure make the questions as safe as possible) are just lame and anticlimactic. Give me anger, give me vitriol. Let them Go There.
Old 17-09-2016, 01:45 AM #2619
Prince J (BBUKAUSFAN)

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
BBUSA22: Bayleigh
Prince J (BBUKAUSFAN)

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce
BBUSA22: Bayleigh

ep 41 being a recap why do they even bother doing this? such a waste of time just show me the part 1 comp in full.

💖💜 💙 💛 💚
BBUKAUSFAN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 12:04 PM #2620

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):

I stopped watching weeks ago, too many twats in there. Paul started off ok then become a grade A twat. Da'Vonne was the bitch she always is. Zakiyah wasn't the nicest to Tiffany. Nicole was 'surprised' at her own vote to evict Bridgette, like she has no mind of her own, stupid ****in eviction. James is just fake and annoying as always. Natalie tried to play victim, I love how apparently the James/Natalie thing turned **** when I stopped watching, LOVE that.

Da'Vonne probably fancies Paulie, maybe she wanted her butt slapped.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)

Last edited by starry; 17-09-2016 at 12:10 PM.
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 12:11 PM #2621
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
How degrading and stupid lol
Old 17-09-2016, 12:16 PM #2622

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Da'Vonne is degrading the way she carries on. She is passive-aggressive. The delight she took in Tiffany crying showed it all.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 17-09-2016, 01:11 PM #2623
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I stopped watching weeks ago, too many twats in there. Paul started off ok then become a grade A twat. Da'Vonne was the bitch she always is. Zakiyah wasn't the nicest to Tiffany. Nicole was 'surprised' at her own vote to evict Bridgette, like she has no mind of her own, stupid ****in eviction. James is just fake and annoying as always. Natalie tried to play victim, I love how apparently the James/Natalie thing turned **** when I stopped watching, LOVE that.

I'm pretty sure the Nicole thing was a joke lol
Old 17-09-2016, 02:21 PM #2624
another vice

Favourites (more):
another vice

Favourites (more):

Quote:

At least she could've gone off again then and got even more attention on herself.

Last edited by caprimint; 17-09-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 17-09-2016, 02:28 PM #2625
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
BBUSA22: Janelle

Day scalping Paulie is the highlight of the season.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
18, 1am, 22nd, 2am, 8pm, 8pm or 1am, 9pm or 2am, bbus, bst, cet, discussion, episodes, june, monday, starts, sun, sunday, thread, thu, thursday