Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM #26
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Lol, which about or both
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 09:05 AM #27

Not sure it should be replaced, but it should certainly be improved.

I agree with the reasons the postal workers felt the need to take action, but I am totally opposed to a strike that is going to affect mainly those that have no control over their working conditions.

My work has been held up this week, train tickets for yesterday did not arrive, letters confirming contracts as yet has not arrived, this makes it very frustrating for me.

If they are going to strike then get on with it, dont do these silly 2 days here and 2 days there, have a real strike and be done with it! oh I forgot they wont do that as they still want a pay packet at the end of the month, they want it all ways. How are they going to feel when others like J.C lose complete faith in the royal mail and move over to private couriers etc.. I know today I have contacted a local courier who is actually going to do a same day delivery for me for less than royal mail would, so thats another customer lost!!! When faith is lost there will be job cuts.

I know postmen work very hard, but so do I and I dont deserve to be the one punished for their dissatisfaction with their work and conditions.
Sunny_01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:06 PM #28

Today my car was clamped, despite putting a note on my windscreen explaining that my new tax disc was paid for and somewhere in the postal system. I then got on a bus and the driver refused to take a five pound note for a £2 bus fare saying that he didn't have change and that most people use a bus pass. He folded his arms and said he wasn't moving at which point a very nice couple announced that he did have change as they had just given him 4 one pound coins.The whole situation became awkward because I said I wasn't getting off and the driver called the police who arrived and I guess they told him to get on with it or something as he took the note and we all happily got on with it.
I'm not going to pretend I understand this type of attitude by I am certain that the inconvenience level of getting off the bus is somewhat more than a bus driver reaching to get some change.
On a good note I hear that the strike on Monday has been banned by a judge and that an agreement may have been reached.
J.C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:14 PM #29
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by J.C.
On a good note I hear that the strike on Monday has been banned by a judge and that an agreement may have been reached.
agreed
Thank god those posties will be back in on Monday
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-10-2007, 08:54 PM #30

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Tara
BB13 USA: Daniele

The royal mail is so so pathetic im expecting important letters they get enough money as it is they are so pathetic dont they realise that they now have made there job even more hard they have got to backdate EVERY single letter in the UK hope the goverment comes up with something else so we dont have to rely on RM anymore
001steven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-10-2007, 10:43 PM #31

Strange that we can wait for 4 or 5 days for a first class letter, and that we have no second post anymore for "normal" mail, yet postman make a second delivery of mass marketing junk mail at least twice a week in my area.

The Royal Mail is a farce, it is a monopoly operating with the pretence that it has competition.

The service is abysmal, and shoddy. Rife with thievery - the number of cd's and dvd's and various other small parcels [that often contain "goodies" ] that I don't get, and have to faf around getting replacements, usually after 4 - 6 weeks waiting to "see if it turns up " is shocking.

they are apparently proud of their record of "losing only" a million items a day - they can excuse it any way they want, the only explanation that makes any real sense is theft on an industrial scale.

How the hell can a company "lose" 365 million items a year and be allowed to continue unfettered ?
spacebandit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mail, replaced, royal