Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 PM #476

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Eric Bristow
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

Favourites (more):
I'm a Celeb 2012: Eric Bristow
X Factor 2012: James Arthur

I sincerley hope the killer(s) are brought to justice and we can find out why the hell this even happened.
Rob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:48 PM #477
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
Pyramid
I find it amusing to see that this one thread alone has brought in quite a few new members who appear to only be interested in posting in this particular thread !

Amusing is not a word I would use in such a tragic case, heartwarming yes, that so many people are concerned about getting this murerder off our streets. Still cant find the bottles can you give me a clue.
Again, don't read what isn't there - I didn't say the case was amusing - I stated, very clearly that I thought it amusing to see so many new members on this thread only - particularly as Tibbs isn't the busiest of forums (no offence Tibbs !!).

Can I give you a clue? Yes, I could give you a clue, I could give you a link. Am I going to give you one? No. Take from that what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOne View Post
You'd think it was the 70's the way they are dealing with the case. We can go over all the little details but it's clutching at straws still at the moment. Think they might've got away with this. They're hoping for someone to come forward I think.
It is extemely bizarre - as and Rob has just said - as much as finding the killer is uppermost - to find out why, what motive did they have. That's probably as baffling to everyone at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronn View Post
I'll admit I joined the forum to discuss this case - it intrigues me and I desperately want to see the gulity brought to justice. No offence taken by pyramid's remark by the way! I think the text message just indicates that Jo was a 'people person' with a wide network of friends of both sexes. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it may mean that her friendliness was misinterpreted by someone that she knew. I'm more convinced that she let in someone she knew, she anticipating a chat and a laugh but they anticipating a bit more. Maybe the visitor grabbed her by the throat when she screamed (as reported by neighbours) and killed her in panic in an attempt to silence her.

The remark wasn't meant to offend and I'm glad you personally haven't taken any as it wasn't the intention! That post I made was that off with a nice smiley wavy face to all newbies by way of a welcome - how that could be misconstrued as anything other than a welcome baffles me. I think it's great that new members are joining - more input, more involvment, more interraction. Makes the thread more interesting too.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-01-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:51 PM #478

It has too many similarities to the 74 case , THAT IS THE PROBLEM OR THE ANSWER.
marney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:58 PM #479
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

I see the mysterious white van that was mentioned by police at the very beginning and felt not to be of significance has now come to the surface again and police are considering this now. 3 weeks later.

This was raised by a poster on DS that Babycakes referred to a few pages back (who knew CJ and who had provided some personal knowledge of CJ, his background etc)

post on DS that I'm referring to.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:04 PM #480
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
It has too many similarities to the 74 case , THAT IS THE PROBLEM OR THE ANSWER.
Personally, I don't believe it is related. 36 years is a long time for a person to kill.... then decide to kill again. Plus the 1974 killer would be 36 years older - with all that entail of a person aging by 36 years. I don't think they are connected.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:24 PM #481

MAYBE NOT. SAME GROUP THOUGH REMEMBER POLICE BELIEVE MORE THEN ONE. I know I need not say more to you ,PYRAMID .
Old 09-01-2011, 02:35 PM #482

I am sure you will agree with me on one thing that someday these excuses for human beings will be brought to justice, Pyramid.
Old 09-01-2011, 02:44 PM #483
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
MAYBE NOT. SAME GROUP THOUGH REMEMBER POLICE BELIEVE MORE THEN ONE. I know I need not say more to you ,PYRAMID .

Group? What group?

Quote:
I am sure you will agree with me on one thing that someday these excuses for human beings will be brought to justice, Pyramid.

We don't know if it will be plural. The police are not ruling it out but it's not known for certain at this time if there is one person responsible, or more than one. I may of course be mistaken but I thought there was nothing to indicate a definite involvement of more than one person. Far as I'm understanding, the police are yet to determine if it is one or more people.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:41 PM #484
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

What 74 case?
Old 09-01-2011, 06:46 PM #485
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
What 74 case?
Glenis Carruthers. here....
Old 09-01-2011, 06:50 PM #486
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Glenis Carruthers. here....
Haha no way. The killer must be pretty old by now and probably couldn't even take Joanna. I love how they posted a pic of Joanna with the hair similar to that girl as if that's some kind of link. It's stupid and proves they know fuck all. I mean 1974 for gods sake!
Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM #487
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Haha no way. The killer must be pretty old by now and probably couldn't even take Joanna. I love how they posted a pic of Joanna with the hair similar to that girl as if that's some kind of link. It's stupid and proves they know fuck all. I mean 1974 for gods sake!
I know.. I'm of the same opinion - a young very fit woman who is strong enough for sports that require muscle power (rowing, skiing etc) - if the killer was for example, 30 in 1974, they'd be 66 now and it's highly probably, that on a fitness level alone - Joanna would outmatch them. Remember: this is the woman who according to her parents, initiated new boyfriends with an arm wrestling match.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 PM #488
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I know.. I'm of the same opinion - a young very fit woman who is strong enough for sports that require muscle power (rowing, skiing etc) - if the killer was for example, 30 in 1974, they'd be 66 now and it's highly probably, that on a fitness level alone - Joanna would outmatch them. Remember: this is the woman who according to her parents, initiated new boyfriends with an arm wrestling match.
Ha Ha go on Joanna

Well people assume at the site of some 'killer' women just suddenly flop and obey. When they usually give a pretty decent fight. Unless they're bludgeoned or something
Old 09-01-2011, 07:28 PM #489
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Yep, for me, whilst I understand the 'association' - the years that have passed and being made aware of how fit Joanna was, I really don't see it being probably. Possible? Yes. Probable? No.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:37 PM #490
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

What did you find out about all the sports stuff? Paper and that?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:40 PM #491
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
What did you find out about all the sports stuff? Paper and that?
yeah, there was quite a fair bit of mention (I think at the beginning of either her going missing or just around when her body was found), said she was into snowboarding, rowing, (the arm wrestling thing I think was more recent).

In fact hang on..... there's a wiki page set up and (I've just checked) - it mentions on there a few other bits n bobs - though how reliable that is, is as good (or not!) as some of the press stuff I guess.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 PM #492
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

The wiki is interesting but says nothing new. This case is also interesting, but they won't catch the killer now.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM #493
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
The wiki is interesting but says nothing new. This case is also interesting, but they won't catch the killer now.
There is the possibility that there is very significant knowledge that we aren't privy to which might mean they are closer than they are letting on - and deliberately witholding info in case it alerts the killer as to them 'being on 'his' tail'..... but I seriously doubt it - there just seems to be too many if, buts, maybes and uncertainty all round.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:42 PM #494

The carruthers case a dark haired man was seen in his twenties at the scene what would that make him now. Remember his last tenants said he was strong, taken off guard, suprised, anything is possible and the body dumped like jo to make a statement. They must be concerned about this case comming out as it could reveal the truth and i would imagine there is a real struggle going on behind the scene against exposing this case. If it does not come out now or no one is arrested or the wrong person taken into custody i feel it is only a matter of time, as it appears the public are becomming more aware and then the **** will really hit the fan.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:02 AM #495

Why did the boy friend refer to Joanna as being dead before her body had even been found?
Mifletz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 AM #496

Apart from the Clifton Suspension Bridge, how many other plausible crossing routes are there to get from her flat to where Joanna was found?

And how many other routes are there in total, even the seemingly implausible circuitous ones?

Last edited by Mifletz; 10-01-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:58 AM #497
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
The carruthers case a dark haired man was seen in his twenties at the scene what would that make him now. Remember his last tenants said he was strong, taken off guard, suprised, anything is possible and the body dumped like jo to make a statement. They must be concerned about this case comming out as it could reveal the truth and i would imagine there is a real struggle going on behind the scene against exposing this case. If it does not come out now or no one is arrested or the wrong person taken into custody i feel it is only a matter of time, as it appears the public are becomming more aware and then the **** will really hit the fan.
A man being seen at the scene of the Carruthers case, doesn't mean that person was necessarily the killer. A man in his twenties.... Mid twenties to late twenties? if so, that would still make the person 60 to 65 years old today and unless they had kept themself in real good shape all these years since 1974 - I still don't feel they'd be a match for a very fit young woman like Jo. The element of surprise is always a possibility but I'm not convinced.

'His last tenants said he was strong, taken off guard, surprised'. This doesn't make sense..... who's last tenant? Who took him off guard? Are you referring to the Carruthers case or to Joanna's? If Joanna's - most reports from CJ's friends all report him as being the opposite - ie: not stong enough.

'I feel it's only a matter of time as it appears the public are more aware......hit the fan'. sorry, but again, this doesn't make much sense - public becoming more aware of what?

I'm not being obtuse - I genuinely don't understand what you are meaning in much of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifletz View Post
Why did the boy friend refer to Joanna as being dead before her body had even been found?
IIRC, the father also referred to Joanna in the past tense before her body was found (said something like, "She had so much life in her" or WTTE). I suppose retrospectively, it could be the unconscious mind working on the distinct possibility that was was dead?

Last edited by Pyramid*; 10-01-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:56 AM #498

He always took great care of his appearance and would dress quite trendily for someone of his age. He was also incredibly fit for someone of his age. He was incredibly strong. This is a quote from his former tenants in jo s flat. The Telegraph.

AN INTERESTING DEVELOPEMENT ON THE TEXT MESSAGE JO SENT. SHE DID INVITE HIM OUT THAT NIGHT AND NOT AS YOU INTIMATED PYRAMID SO SHE COULD HAVE GIVEN THAT PIZZA TO SOMEONE ELSE AS APPARENTLY HE IS NOT A SUSPECT. ANOTHER TWIST TO THIS CASE THOUGH.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:36 PM #499

No way do a woman's father and her lover refer to a still recently missing person in the past tense. That is how the Soham murderer was caught, by a slip of the tongue: he said "I was probably the last person to see Holly and Jessica alive". How did he know they weren't alive: 'cos he slew them!

Is there any way Jo's father and boyfriend could somehow be in on her death?! I've heard stranger things!!

Quote:
IIRC, the father also referred to Joanna in the past tense before her body was found (said something like, "She had so much life in her" or WTTE). I suppose retrospectively, it could be the unconscious mind working on the distinct possibility that was was dead?

Last edited by Mifletz; 10-01-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM #500

I see where you are coming from , but the parents said they feel the police are holding back information I would have doubts about them been involved. There seem to be too many other unsolved bits of information to make it viable. I don't believe they would have been holding Chris Jefferies for such a long time if they had nothing at all on him . The text message might bring out more clues and the police have said they will be looking at mobile phones and masts in the area to see if witness statements hold up.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
death, joanna, murder