Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 27-01-2011, 04:18 PM #651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifletz View Post
Is there any way Tabak could plead "guilty" and thereby avoid a trial? Or is there so much money involved, that his own lawyers won't let him? Or could the holding officers do a "Fred West" on him ie give him a belt to hang himself before the trial, and even help him along?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
You do realise that current statistics from the department of justice show that of people remanded in custody to await trial just over 20% of them are later released after charges were dropped or are found innocent at trial?

http://www.straightstatistics.org/ar...other-innocent
http://www.ws3.prisonreform.web.baig...on.asp?id=2125

Another interesting fact is that all people who are remanded into custody are put on suicide watch after an initial medical assessment if they show any signs of neurological disorder? Given that 58% of remanded prisoners do show such signs that is a lot of innocent people put on suicide watch.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-uk-statistics
http://www.mind.org.uk/help/rights_a...justice_system

Being put on suicide watch isnt an indicator of guilt nor is actually attempting or committing suicide as your posts seem to indicate.

Being placed in custody and having all liberty removed as well as the stress of being accused of a crime and potentially being found guilty at trial even though you may be innocent is enough to affect the balance of even the sanest and most honest person's mind.
#
marney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 05:12 PM #652
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
Certainly touched a nerve with Pyramid who is very "Cerebral" on other sites.

Highly probable that you could be wrong. You have been and with stark regularity up to now so I'd say it was a safe bet that you are wrong!

People of the same ilk as the mutter who murdered Jo are hell bent on defending the suspects? Ahh....... you mean in direct contrast to the way people like you want to hang, draw and quarter anyone (and everyone) that the police take more than a 2nd glance at - without you having been made aware of any hard fast and concrete evidence - happy to label them killers at the drop of a hat!

I'll say it again: we live in a land of innocent until proven guilty - and that applies even to those charges with crimes. Charges can be dropped. Here's something to really blow your mind - it also can apply to those convicted - ever heard of Miscarriage of Justice?
Last edited by Pyramid*; Today at 01:44 AM.
Pyramid* is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Touched a nerve here again, must have, both posting at that time of night to get a point across. Interseting though.

No nerves touched at all - it's quite funny as I am the bearer of bad news and may shatter your little made up fantasy world.... but I don't post on any other site. Used to be on DS before tibbs....but that's my whack.

Not that where I would chose to post has anything to do with you at all for that matter - but it's just brilliant knowing how wrong you are - and once again. You really are rubbish at playing detective.

While you're at it - for christ's sake, at least try to learn how to quote post correctly - having to deceipher your posts from what you are typing vs other people's posts being 'quoted', you pasting in news stories with no wrap tags etc..... is tedious to say the least.

As for your assumption (wrong again... do you see the pattern here!) - you think Shasown and I are the one person? Tell you what - go ask the mods. I look happy to you reporting back that you are once again wrong. PMSL.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 27-01-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 05:25 PM #653
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Why worry about that, quote or multi quote WHY THE PECISION, you have already understood what I said. Then there was Fred West, depressed I expect OR GUILTY.

Oh but we did it at the same time of day. Well that definately makes us of the same ilk as the murderer, eh?
I THINK YOU HAVE COPLETELY TAKEN THIS QUOTE OF CONTEXT. NEVER MIND.

Out of sheer interest Marney.

What is PECISION?
Old 27-01-2011, 07:14 PM #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
As for youe assumption (wrong again... do you see the pattern here!) - you think Shasown and I are the one person? Tell you what - go ask the mods. I look happy to you reporting back that you are once again wrong. PMSL.

Where on earth was that mentioned that I think you and Shasown are one person, are you hallucinating.

It has been said on this site that you are a troll, I certainly believe that.

What is PECISION? [/QUOTE] Have a guess go
on.

Oh and just another snipit I know you like them

Jo Yeates murder accused Vincent Tabak 'feels safe in jail'

by Don Mackay, Daily Mirror 27/01/2011
Old 27-01-2011, 07:41 PM #655
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
THE SUN
THE man charged with the murder of Jo Yeates has been placed on suicide watch in prison.

Dutch-born Vincent Tabak is being monitored around the clock at Long Lartin jail, where he is on remand.

Staff at the top-security prison have been told to check the 32-year-old every 30 minutes throughout the day and night.
Quote:

Makes me wonder, how you cant see the wood for the trees.

You quote the Sun saying he was in Long Larton Prison, thats in Evesham Worcestershire, its a Cat A (high security), under a suicide watch.

then you quote a mirror article claiming

Quote:
The architect, 32, said he was coping well in Gloucester prison, where he is being held awaiting trial for the murder of Jo Yeates, 25.

He was moved from a jail in Bristol, the city in which Jo died
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22878251/
Gloucester and Bristol Prisons are both Cat B and the most likely locations for remand prisoners to be held.

Incidentally what was the "#" about when you quoted my post where I had challenged your point about "if he was innocent why would he need to be put on suicide watch" - post 651 in this thread?

Last edited by Shasown; 27-01-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 08:52 PM #656

Quote:
Makes me wonder, how you cant see the wood for the trees.

You quote the Sun saying he was in Long Larton Prison, thats in Evesham Worcestershire, its a Cat A (high security), under a suicide watch.

then you quote a mirror article claiming

Gloucester and Bristol Prisons are both Cat B and the most likely locations for remand prisoners to be held.

Incidentally what was the "#" about when you quoted my post where I had challenged your point about "if he was innocent why would he need to be put on suicide watch" - post 651 in this thread?
Yes if you look on other sites you will see that other people have also noticed the differences of these two reports The Sun and The Mirror 27th. I expect there was an overlap in time regarding the reports as he was probably moved the same day therefore it would appear conflicting news but actually it is not.
Old 27-01-2011, 09:32 PM #657
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Yes if you look on other sites you will see that other people have also noticed the differences of these two reports The Sun and The Mirror 27th. I expect there was an overlap in time regarding the reports as he was probably moved the same day therefore it would appear conflicting news but actually it is not.
Err no, once again you have failed to grasp the situation or understand the information available to you.

He was remanded into custody awaiting trial, he was put into Bristol Prison which is a Cat B prison, he didnt feel secure there because he feared there may be local Bristolians amongst the population who would hold a grudge against him, he was then moved to Gloucester another Cat B prison.

Long Larton is a Cat A prison, they dont normally stick prisoners on remand in there, its for serious cons, as in convicted criminals with serious records, those who cause trouble like riots or persistent escapers.

Incidentally you didnt answer my question reference the # in your post 651.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:44 PM #658

Although some men can be surprisingly stronger than they may appear (eg Christopher Jeffries), and an adrenaline surge can give a man 30% more strength, and even though he's 6'4", Tabak's average arms looks like he'd have really huffed and puffed moving a 75kg clothed female body, if he did do it singlehanded. And moving a 'deadweight' dead body is considerably more difficult than an unconscious live body.

Mifletz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 10:52 PM #659

[QUOTE=Shasown;4075879]Err no, once again you have failed to grasp the situation or understand the information available to you.

He was remanded into custody awaiting trial, he was put into Bristol Prison which is a Cat B prison, he didnt feel secure there because he feared there may be local Bristolians amongst the population who would hold a grudge against him, he was then moved to Gloucester another Cat B prison.

Long Larton is a Cat A prison, they dont normally stick prisoners on remand in there, its for serious cons, as in convicted criminals with serious records, those who cause trouble like riots or persistent escapers.

E] Oh dear a slap on the wrist for not grasping it so what are the papers on about. Where is he.
Old 27-01-2011, 10:55 PM #660
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

Quote:
Although some men can be surprisingly stronger than they may appear (eg Christopher Jeffries), and an adrenaline surge can give a man 30% more strength, and even though he's 6'4", Tabak's average arms looks like he'd have really huffed and puffed moving a 75kg clothed female body, if he did do it singlehanded. And moving a 'deadweight' dead body is considerably more difficult than an unconscious live body.

All depends how much time he had I guess.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:10 AM #661
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Err no, once again you have failed to grasp the situation or understand the information available to you.

E] Oh dear a slap on the wrist for not grasping it so what are the papers on about. Where is he.
The answer to that is in my post (and your badly quoted post). I typed it fairly slowly so you would understand it.

Now about the # in your post 651, any answer on that one or are you going to continue to ignore that question?

Last edited by Shasown; 28-01-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:12 AM #662
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Where on earth was that mentioned that I think you and Shasown are one person, are you hallucinating.

It has been said on this site that you are a troll, I certainly believe that.

What is PECISION? Have a guess go
on.

Yep, classic signs of a troll ..... spending much time on a serious debate thread. PMSL.

No hallucinating here Marney - you're the one with the overactive imagination on many levels - a point shown time and time again on this very thread.

I see you didn't actually answer what I asked..... , what is PECISION.

Why you would find it amusing that an incarcerated man is quoted as saying he feels safe in jail, is bizarre to say the least. However, given that your postings are increasingly becoming more of that 'ilk', I shouldn't be surprised.

I see you still fail on the ability to use the quote facility.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 28-01-2011 at 12:13 AM.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:32 AM #663
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

I'm not clear on why a member of tibbs, posting on a thread on tibbs, should be expected (or it even be suggested) that they should look on other sites for what other people 'notice' or have posted? I think the point Shasown was making was the contradictory nature of your own posts on this thread, on this forum.

You've been asked a few times now about your reply of "#' to a post that Shasown took time to explain to you - yet still you chose to avoid answering their question. Is there any particular reason you continue to do so, given that the information they gave was pertinent?
Old 28-01-2011, 12:52 AM #664
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

I'm not entirely sure this is correct? An unconscious body (alive but unconsicous) person would be as difficult to move as a dead body, wouldn't it?

I'd have thought that given a person is unconscious and unable to use their own muscles to aid movement at all, isn't it that which gives rise to the term 'dead weight'? Therefore there would be little difference in the weight between unconscious and dead?

That aside, given what you have mentioned in respect of, "eg Christopher Jeffries" - I'd have thought that a lean, fit, 6'4", 32 years old man, even with the build of VT, would have more chance of lifting 75kgs of dead weight, than a 66 year old man of average height who certainly doesn't appear to have the fittest body shape to him. Can't swear on it, but if the comparison is being made VT vs CJ - I'd opt for VT being able to.
Old 28-01-2011, 12:58 AM #665
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:

Quote:
Another fail on the quote front I see.

If you pay a little more attention to what people post Marney, you'll find that the whereabouts of VT have already been given. Better than that, you actually have the answer in your very own version of a 'quote' in post number 659.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 28-01-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 28-01-2011, 01:10 AM #666

Probably.

Though those at the gym where he exercises weekly say that Jeffries is "very strong". And renters from 5 years ago who used to watch him garden, said that he was "stunningly strong".

Both the Englishman & the Dutchman have big strong hands, and asphyxiating the female by hand or by a sock/stocking would pose no problem: once those external carotid arteries are even slightly compressed, unconsciousness and death follow in seconds, poor soul.

Quote:
I'd have thought that a lean, fit, 6'4", 32 years old man, even with the build of VT, would have more chance of lifting 75kgs of dead weight, than a 66 year old man of average height who certainly doesn't appear to have the fittest body shape to him. Can't swear on it, but if the comparison is being made VT vs CJ - I'd opt for VT being able to.
Mifletz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 01:15 AM #667
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Probably.

Though those at the gym where he exercises weekly say that Jeffries is "very strong". And renters from 5 years ago who used to watch him garden, said that he was "stunningly strong".

Both the Englishman & the Dutchman have big strong hands, and asphyxiating the female by hand or by a sock/stocking would pose no problem: once those external carotid arteries are even slightly compressed, unconsciousness and death follow in seconds, poor soul.
Now here's a wee thing... Marney logged on very briefly minutes ago, logged off, then you logged on and posted. Coincedentally, Marney had the very same notion of CJ - and with the people who rented from him years ago! How's that for two minds thinking alike!

I still am very much of the opinion that CJ was an easy target for police and had nothing to do with it.
Old 28-01-2011, 09:36 AM #668

Quote:
Probably.

Pyramid will contradict everything people post on this forum have you noticed.
Old 28-01-2011, 10:23 AM #669

Quote:
The answer to that is in my post (and your badly quoted post). I typed it fairly slowly so you would understand it.

Now about the # in your post 651, any answer on that one or are you going to continue to ignore that question?
Nothing more than a slip of the finger # along with the badly posted comments ?
Old 28-01-2011, 11:18 AM #670

Quote:
I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .

Why you would find it amusing that an incarcerated man is quoted as saying he feels safe in jail, is bizarre to say the least. However, given that your postings are increasingly becoming more of that 'ilk', I shouldn't be surprised.

I see you still fail on the ability to use the quote facility.
I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. This man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison. I THINK I MAY HAVE USED THE QUOTE BUTTON FACILITY THIS TIME JUST FOR YOU
Old 28-01-2011, 11:20 AM #671
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Nothing more than a slip of the finger # along with the badly posted comments ?
Sorry but I have to laugh at that comment that the # was a slip of the finger, in post 651 you quoted Mifletz and myself and the only comment you typed was the errr "slip of the finger".

Are you simply trying to get your post count up?

As for the "badly posted comments", what are you talking about?

If you re-read my post you will see I typed "badly quoted posts", now I did type that post really slowly for you, as I know you have a problem keeping up, but come on.

READ the posts properly, sit and think about them for a while then formulate an intelligent response.

Type it out then read what you have typed, if it makes no sense to you then, it will be complete and utter gibberish to us, like a lot of your previous offerings.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:29 AM #672
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. This man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison. I THINK I MAY HAVE USED THE QUOTE BUTTON FACILITY THIS TIME JUST FOR YOU
Gosh you dont think the smileys in this post of yours could give that impression?

Quote:

Last edited by Shasown; 28-01-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:31 AM #673

I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .I certainly don't find it amusing where did I say that. The poor man should be regarded as a B case prisoner awaiting trial but has infract gone to an A graded prison .
The above should be taken out
out of Pyramids post he did not post this comment
This has got intertwined with mine my post sorry.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:33 AM #674
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
The above should be taken out
out of Pyramids post he did not post this comment
This has got intertwined with mine my post sorry.
If you read back through the various posts, you will see he is in a Cat B prison not Cat A, as I have pointed out to you several times.
Old 28-01-2011, 11:39 AM #675

Long Lartin (HM Prison) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HM Prison Long Lartin is a Category A men's prison, located in the village of South Littleton (near Evesham) in Worcestershire, England. Long Lartin Prison

...Dutch-born Vincent Tabak is being monitored around the clock at Long Lartin jail, where he is on remand. Top security ... Tabak has been moved to Long ...
The Sun - 623 related articles

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
death, joanna, murder