Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:41 PM #26
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
I find it hard to listen to her conversation, Sunshine was much more listenable I thought.

She is a fence sitter, she never stood up in front of others defending Sunshine for example.
Maybe she thought Sunshine was in the wrong? Maybe just maybe
Old 03-07-2010, 10:43 PM #27

sometimes I think they are all actors working for BB, so then they would all be fake and just acting a role within the house for our entertainment
oddballmisfitsFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 PM #28

Favourites (more):
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
BBUSA19: Jessica

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheewails View Post
Maybe she thought Sunshine was in the wrong? Maybe just maybe
Sometimes I could see her biting her tongue (not literally, but you know what I mean).

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 PM #29
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddballmisfitsFTW View Post
on highlights tonight for example saying "im not use to the attention of 2 men" and she acting all embarrassed. To me I find it hard to believe someone as flirty and up for a laugh as her is not use to attention from men, so I think is she doing it for this reaction from the female viewer "aaww, I love Josie" ?

one of the main clips that made me doubt her was the generation game memory test thing she did, going "oooooh, aaaaah" that didnt seem genuine reaction to me at all, it seemed forced

I thought the same of Brian couple years back , but difference being I actually thought Brian was funny so I wasnt bothered if he actin up a bit
I thought that was quite sweet when she was on about men not even buying her a drink, I can relate to that! and i think the generation game thing was she was acting how the audience on the generation game used to react to everything on the conveyor belt. It was funny. If you remember the show!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:46 PM #30
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
sometimes I think they are all actors working for BB, so then they would all be fake and just acting a role within the house for our entertainment
That would be very funny! I can see the headlines now 'All BB Housemates FAKE' LOL
Old 03-07-2010, 10:48 PM #31
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Sometimes I could see her biting her tongue (not literally, but you know what I mean).
She has admitted that sometimes she has to hold her tongue and said its because its not her arguement, and she wants to tell them to shut up.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:51 PM #32
Banned

Banned

We live in a new age Karen, a very depressing age, where kids go on these shows to earn a fast buck and quick celebrity. With that in mind it's only reasonable to start viewing it from a cynical position. The show is a monster now, and many of the contestants are vacuous little monsters themselves, continually trying to play the game for their own benefit. Call me a pessimist if you want, but I'm convinced that quite a few of them are on guard throughout. When was the last time you saw a truly intelligent and honest person on the show?
setanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Endemol give them roles on shows like BBLB and BBBM and even the VT edits, then they maybe try and fit the HLs a bit around that.

It is peculiar how it always seems to play out in similar ways. Sunshine was basically this years Freddie as the story was told. Someone who was different, a bit nerdy, doesn't fit in so gets picked on.

You see this in quite a few series where someone at the start gets picked on by the group. I suppose they try and set it up like that by putting people in who might react like that to someone who is different and instead of being tolerant.

Food is often a source of conflict on the show and they specifically used it against the HM who was different as well to create conflict.

Greats of Big Brother

BBAU9 Estelle [avatar]
BBAU8 Brigitte
BBAU7 Aleisha
BBUS 13 Rachel
BBUK11 - Sunshine
BBUK10 - Marcus
BBUK9 - Stephanie
BBUK7 - Jennie
BBUK6 - Sam
BBUK5 - Victor
BBUK4 - Nush
BBUK3- Jonny (only saw last two weeks)

Last edited by starry; 03-07-2010 at 10:52 PM.
starry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:53 PM #34

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
Dancing on Ice 2010: Hayley

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
Dancing on Ice 2010: Hayley

Quote:
what they mean when they describe a housemate as 'Fake'?

This has to be the most irriating expression used on this forum. I don't get it.

Well you know when people have 'fake' appearances like surgery on boobs, teeth etc? In those terms, it means they aren't genuine or real. So in terms of describing someone's personality as 'fake' it's basically the same - not true, real or genuine, which doesn't show their 'real' selfs.

I cannot really tell if anyone is fake or whatever just yet, but there are a few characters at least who I just don't get. Like they're so versatile, however that's understandable in such an environment.

Ben is definitely my favourite atm though . That's someone who I feel is being true with everyone, and trying his hardest to get on well with most of the housemates, not for the benefit of himself and evictions, but for the harmony of the house.

Last edited by DanielleT92; 03-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.
DanielleT92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 PM #35
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
We live in a new age Karen, a very depressing age, where kids go on these shows to earn a fast buck and quick celebrity. With that in mind it's only reasonable to start viewing it from a cynical position. The show is a monster now, and many of the contestants are vacuous little monsters themselves, continually trying to play the game for their own benefit. Call me a pessimist if you want, but I'm convinced that quite a few of them are on guard throughout. When was the last time you saw a truly intelligent and honest person on the show?
The last truely intelligent housemate? Probably Anna Nolan in BB1 tbh. Of course the housemates will milk it for all they are worth but I like to watch and look for the best in people and judge it for what it is for a bit of fun.

I love getting worked up about the people I like or dislike, but I truely try not to be personally rude about a housemate and just talk about what I see and hear them say or do. I think it the best way to enjoy the show. and it is just that a show!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:57 PM #36

Coirin... someone trying to be someone they are not.Coirin not only acts it but she also ouzes fakeness by the fact that she draws her eyebrows on....has had a boob job....and by her fake smile has had a face lift...nails and tan are false too.
Nathan....holding back by staying busy in the kitchen and not getting involved thus hiding his true personality...however things are starting to slip...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:58 PM #37
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleT92 View Post
Well you know when people have 'fake' appearances like surgery on boobs, teeth etc? In those terms, it means they aren't genuine or real. So in terms of describing someone's personality as 'fake' it's basically the same - not true, real or genuine, which doesn't show their 'real' selves.

It's quite hard to say someone's fake, but that's people forming their judgements on the housemates so far.
I get what they mean by say 'fake' it just saying it with no reasoning behind it that annoys me.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM #38

[QUOTE=Claymores;3441668]Well it's supposed to mean that a FM believes a HM is acting in a manner outwith how they would behave in the real world outside the house - literally putting on an act

I would say this is a good description of what is meant.

I find these labels ridiculous,I think its true to say that some people are pretentious,but who could honestly behave totally out of charactor,24/7 for weeks on end.Say, josie,she is being labelled as fake,like she is satan sucking her thumb,and soon we all see her for the evil woman she really is,ffs ridiculous.so she is bubbly,but she is the first to say tell JJ that he is getting on everyones tits.And corin labelled a fence sitter,maybe she just doesnt like confrontation,maybe she just doesnt want to put her beak into other peoples business.At the end of the day,they are just people too.Its so sad that some veiwers are so judgemental and cynical.
jools is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM #39
Banned

Banned

Quote:
The last truely intelligent housemate? Probably Anna Nolan in BB1 tbh. Of course the housemates will milk it for all they are worth but I like to watch and look for the best in people and judge it for what it is for a bit of fun.

I love getting worked up about the people I like or dislike, but I truely try not to be personally rude about a housemate and just talk about what I see and hear them say or do. I think it the best way to enjoy the show. and it is just that a show!
Yes, but it's become a kinda voyeuristic enterprise rather than what it was initially envisioned as. I enjoy it on that level too, but I'd never have a problem with people claiming that one housemate or another is false because, more often than not, that is the case. The clever money is on them being right unfortunately. That's the name of the game.

Yeah, and Anna was lovely. Genuine, faults and all.
setanta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:04 PM #40
OAP Member

OAP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setanta View Post
Yes, but it's become a kinda voyeuristic enterprise rather than what it was initially envisioned as. I enjoy it on that level too, but I'd never have a problem with people claiming that one housemate or another is false because, more often than not, that is the case. The clever money is on them being right unfortunately. That's the name of the game.

Yeah, and Anna was lovely. Genuine, faults and all.
I know. But its only a game show its only a game show!
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 PM #41

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:
BB11: John James

I hate it when people describe others as fake, especially when it's people on here who don't even know the person they are calling fake, in fact have never even met them or spoken to them.

See it's incredibly rude. To just state that said person is fake, even though you have never met them. I say to you people on here who have labelled housemates as fake, you have no idea what you're on about, and moreso, you are wrong. I'm not saying none of them are fake, but I'm saying that you people are wrong in your labelling of them, on account of principle. You cannot possibly be correct about these people because you do not know them. Besides fakeness is merely a perception. Anyway, those of you labelling these random strangers as fake are rude and offensive. Beyond that, I always find myself thinking that you come off as pretentious, or maybe arrogant is a more suited word, in labelling these people as fake. Arrogance is not a virtue.

Last edited by Alpertinator; 03-07-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Alpertinator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:15 PM #42
OAP Member

OAP Member

Thank you all for providing me with your explainations without turning the thread into a hatefest. But it is past my bedtime and I have been sitting in this position for too long and am now suffering from a numb bum as usual.

Night all talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:23 PM #43

The best example would be nasty nick from bb1 and is probably a lot to do with why people are called fake in bb
he made up stuff like his wife/girlfriend died in a car crash and pretended to be every ones friend while showing names on bits of paper who he wanted others to vote for
Old 03-07-2010, 11:38 PM #44

Quote:

Night all talk to you all tomorrow.
Cheers!
Claymores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 AM #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
As you will eventually find out, the thumbsucker is the epitome of fakeness.

I was a bit concerned that a girl who has such a pretty face can say that she has never had a guy offer her a drink in a bar never mind come and sit up close to her the way JJ and Nathan do.

How odd?
boomoo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:02 AM #46

Quote:
I thought that was quite sweet when she was on about men not even buying her a drink, I can relate to that! and i think the generation game thing was she was acting how the audience on the generation game used to react to everything on the conveyor belt. It was funny. If you remember the show!
if she was doing it like she was a contestant on generation game then thats fair enough, i didnt think of that at time but does makes sense

but the first one i still suspicious that she said it just so people would think she was sweet and she wasnt 100% truthful
oddballmisfitsFTW is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
english, explain, simple