Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2010 [S7] Series 7 of ITV's music reality show, The X Factor, won by Matt Cardle. Runner up was Rebecca Ferguson. Third was One Direction.

Old 14-12-2010, 07:53 PM #26
Banned

Banned

It's just your average Wombai-esque daily mail readers that like a good bitch and moan.

Last edited by Tom4784; 14-12-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 08:04 PM #27
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by \PJ/ View Post
This might be going a bit waywood but....Today on loosewomen they were doing an item on winter clothes and they had a man in just his boxers come on to model a hat and this show is on at 12:30 which is way before the watershed will that get any complaints? nope
Yeah it does seem there are different standards depending on the gender
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 08:09 PM #28
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
I think its more the point of simulating sex rather than them being half dressed tbh.

Cheryl performed half dressed...no complaints were made. Most female stars wear next to nothing.

You can hardly compare a man standing in his boxers to a woman in underwear practically dry humping a dancer.

That said, I have no problem at all with them doing whatever they please...and I think complaints about this are very over the top.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 14-12-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 08:14 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prezzie View Post
It's just your average Wombai-esque daily mail readers that like a good bitch and moan.
I think I may have to revisit the Daily Mail if the general consensus is that only its readers would find Saturday night's cheap, embarrassing attempt at 'entertainment' appropriate for what is, in effect, a children's show. I'm so glad internet forums weren't around when I was in my late teens. I'd probably have spouted some awful populist ****e too.
patsylimerick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 08:15 PM #30
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
I think its more the point of simulating sex rather than them being half dressed tbh.

Cheryl performed half dressed...no complaints were made. Most female stars wear next to nothing.

You can hardly compare a man standing in his boxers to a woman in underwear practically dry humping a dancer.

That said, I have no problem at all with them doing whatever they please...and I think complaints about this are very over the top.
True, it's just the poster on here who objected to it was mentioning that she didnt want her daughter talking about "how much of that womans arse they could see" so I thought the actual appearance may be a factor.

Just as an aside, you get performances every week on Strictly which are pretty raunchy with revealing outfits yet there's never a fuss over that
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 08:17 PM #31
0_o

0_o

Quote:
True, it's just the poster on here who objected to it was mentioning that she didnt want her daughter talking about "how much of that womans arse they could see" so I thought the actual appearance may be a factor.

Just as an aside, you get performances every week on Strictly which are pretty raunchy with revealing outfits yet there's never a fuss over that
Yeah, I think some people just look for things to be 'outraged' about sometimes...
Quote:
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:23 PM #32
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:

But you could see his snake it was pratically bursting out, so it's ok for men, but not for women? and I think it's pathetic people complained.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:29 PM #33

Quote:
This might be going a bit waywood but....Today on loosewomen they were doing an item on winter clothes and they had a man in just his boxers come on to model a hat and this show is on at 12:30 which is way before the watershed will that get any complaints? nope
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Bite View Post
That would just be a man in his boxers, if he was having sexual contact with someone else, it would change the dynamics.
I think Frost Bite's response pretty much covers it, but there an important, if subtle, difference in terms of the way men and women react differently to visual stimulus and the intent and cycnicism behind the production. Someone walking on in a joking fashion in boxers is completely different. If he'd been suggestive and/or aggressively sexual or sexualised, I might feel differently. I n any event, I didn't see it, so can't really comment.

Quote:
Quote:

Myself and my daughter had almost exactly the same conversation the night Cheryl mimed around the stage in HER knickers. Don't see much difference, but the simulated sex did, as they say, put the tin hat on it.

Quote:

Again, I don't watch Strictly Come Dancing, so I cannot comment, but my impression of ballroom dancing is that it's sensual rather than sexualised for effect. It's a very different thing.

More than anything, it's sad that women don't seem to believe that it's possible anymore to have a music career without playing the part of a prostitute. It's dangerous, women are being objectified and those of you who don't want to see this or decide to ignore it may well count the cost in the future.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:32 PM #34
0_o

0_o

Quote:
But you could see his snake it was pratically bursting out, so it's ok for men, but not for women? and I think it's pathetic people complained.
But was he grinding against someone else?

As I said, noone seemed to have an issue with Cheryls barely there outfit...as her dance routine wasnt quite as raunchy as Christinas and Rihannas...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14-12-2010, 08:34 PM #35
0_o

0_o

I do have to wonder though, had it been someone like JLS instead...who get their kit off quite regularly and do some pretty suggestive dancing...would there still be an uproar over thing :/
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14-12-2010, 08:35 PM #36
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Quote:
The complainants are just a tiny drop in the huge ocean of X Factor viewers who had no problem with the performances. Nothing will come of this
You would be surprised by how eager some companies are to fall over themselves appeasing a populist (but not necessarily popular) cause, especially if its for showing something like a gay couple. One or two Daily Mail readers is enough for them to take it off air. Such is pathologically risk-averse nature of big business.

Add a draconian regulator like Ofcom into the mix and there's a pretty good chance something will happen.
No matter that they act like senile 12-year-olds on the Today programme website - smoking illegal fags to look tough and cool. No matter that Amis coins truly abominable terms like 'the age of horrorism' and when criticised tells people to 'fuck off'. Surely we all chuckle at the strenuous ennui of his salon drawl. Didn't he once accidentally sneer his face off?
- Chris Morris - The Absurd World of Martin Amis

Last edited by BB_Eye; 14-12-2010 at 08:48 PM.
BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 08:37 PM #37
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

Exactly Vicky there always getting naked, i sound like i have a problem with all this but i don't im just proving if we are going to start being picky then others will be put up for discussion to.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:38 PM #38

Quote:
I do have to wonder though, had it been someone like JLS instead...who get their kit off quite regularly and do some pretty suggestive dancing...would there still be an uproar over thing :/
Seriously, now? At their raunchiest, JLS look like the Walton Brothers beside what was going on Saturday night.
And, as I said above, of course there's a difference. Men are only objectified in a joking manner because of their superior physical strength. The reality of the objectification of women sexually is rape, domestic violence and, at the milder end, unchecked misogyny.
Old 14-12-2010, 08:41 PM #39
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

Well we all know which member complained on Saturday night don't we....
Old 14-12-2010, 08:53 PM #40
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsylimerick View Post
Seriously, now? At their raunchiest, JLS look like the Walton Brothers beside what was going on Saturday night.
And, as I said above, of course there's a difference. Men are only objectified in a joking manner because of their superior physical strength. The reality of the objectification of women sexually is rape, domestic violence and, at the milder end, unchecked misogyny.
Yes seriously. I see no difference.

Except one lot is male, the other female.

Cant have a problem with half naked ladies gyrating round the stage if you dont have the same problem with males doing the same thing. And JLS was just an example I plucked out of mid air tbh...

The bolded part made me giggle too. Who knew such double standards/sexism were still alive today
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14-12-2010, 08:54 PM #41

Quote:
Well we all know which member complained on Saturday night don't we....
No I didn't *******ing complain - nor did I vote, I've enough to be doing with my time and my money. But the sh*** justifications for these cheap, dangerous crap really pisses me off. Ye're like a bunch of "we're so and 'current' and young and smart that you can't recognise the manipulation even as it's waltzing up your chests and sh***ing on your faces.
Old 14-12-2010, 09:01 PM #42

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

Favourites (more):
BB11: Josie
CBB7: Alex

Quote:
No I didn't *******ing complain - nor did I vote, I've enough to be doing with my time and my money. But the sh*** justifications for these cheap, dangerous crap really pisses me off. Ye're like a bunch of "we're so and 'current' and young and smart that you can't recognise the manipulation even as it's waltzing up your chests and sh***ing on your faces.
wow someones got sand in their vagina! chill out love! have you ever seen a ballet? camel toes and bulges and simulated sex all over the shop. I thought rhiana looked really good everything was very well covered and she had this cute little belt thing with tassles which moved about. can't believe ofcom got a 1000 complaints over that.
Jamietwo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 09:04 PM #43
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamietwo View Post
wow someones got sand in their vagina! chill out love!
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 09:07 PM #44
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):

Quote:
oh dear now that is a work of art.
Old 14-12-2010, 09:15 PM #45
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

my 6 year old son did cover his eyes and say oh yuck when Christina was on but I don't think it was any worse than some music videos

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 09:18 PM #46
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by NingleBells View Post
my 6 year old son did cover his eyes and say oh yuck when Christina was on but I don't think it was any worse than some music videos
Ahaha I misread that as your 16 year old son.

Was going to say...you should be worried
Quote:
Quote:
Old 14-12-2010, 09:26 PM #47
Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Against All Odds

Favourites (more):
BB17: Chelsea
I'maCeleb2015: Jorgie Porter

Just some old hags getting vexed becuase there man is having a good wank over the performances in the next room. They should have actually been more raunchy maybe they could have made out or something

Sig stretching forum, fix it.
Legend killer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 09:26 PM #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamietwo View Post
wow someones got sand in their vagina! chill out love! have you ever seen a ballet? camel toes and bulges and simulated sex all over the shop. I thought rhiana looked really good everything was very well covered and she had this cute little belt thing with tassles which moved about. can't believe ofcom got a 1000 complaints over that.
It was 2,000 anyway. Check out my post history, love. I never get this pissed off about the X Factor, I really couldn't give a stuff; quick word with the girls and they laughed through the rest of the, ahem, show. What pisses me off is the mindless "chill out, take a chill pill, who cares you old prude, mob mentality bull****e that passes for an opinion on here, love.
Oh, and the offensive personal comments that pass for debate. You're hilarious, aren't you? You're also wrong.
Old 14-12-2010, 09:30 PM #49
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Ahaha I misread that as your 16 year old son.

Was going to say...you should be worried
I'm not that old yet

and yeah, he does cover his eyes when he sees people kiss too so I wasn't that concerned!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 09:33 PM #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend killer View Post
Just some old hags getting vexed becuase there man is having a good wank over the performances in the next room. They should have actually been more raunchy maybe they could have made out or something
You know what? I usually completely agree with your posts, so it's with regret that I say - ******* RIGHT OFF. This is clearly true of some of those who complain once a month.
It's probably not about p***ed off parents who have enough sh*** to contend with given what passes for popular culture these days.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
complaints, ofcom, x factor