Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM #451
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
I am 100% confident that he will not win any action against the police for "wrongful arrest".
And I am 100% confident that as far as this case is concerned, nothing is for certain!! lol
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:05 PM #452

Apparently there is now a forensic psycholgist, not the A & S profiler, who is suggesting that the killer of Joanna may have killed before - because of the lack of forensic evidence in this case the killer may have 'forensic awareness' and after the murder obliterated all forensic evidence of the crime!

Could it not simply be that the killer would have no real need to obliterate the crime scene of forensic evidence to eliminate him of the crime - if the crime scene is a place that would normally & naturally have a mixture of dna from both the victim and the perpetrator.

Last edited by mrscolumbo; 06-01-2011 at 07:07 PM.
mrscolumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:18 PM #453
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscolumbo View Post
Apparently there is now a forensic psycholgist, not the A & S profiler, who is suggesting that the killer of Joanna may have killed before - because of the lack of forensic evidence in this case the killer may have 'forensic awareness' and after the murder obliterated all forensic evidence of the crime!

Could it not simply be that the killer would have no real need to obliterate the crime scene of forensic evidence to eliminate him of the crime - if the crime scene is a place that would normally & naturally have a mixture of dna from both the victim and the perpetrator.

I think I 'see' who you might be getting at.... but without trawling back through posts /papers etc: didn't the police say that they found DNA on Joanna's body that had led them to not rule out 'killers' or an accomplice? If they have a real hunch towards that, it could throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Interesting snippet about there being thoughts on the killer having more than a layman's knowledge of forensics........ there is a part of me that's going along with what you said - given that 'we' dont know what the other 'dna' found on Jo's body is that makes police think of killers- it could be saliva from someone giving her a Merry Christmas peck, strand of someones hair nestled on her top, caught during a Christmas hug/cuddle when she left the pub etc....

It's a real mystery, but I do favour 'where you are coming from'.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 06-01-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 PM #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
It's a real mystery, but I do favour 'where you are coming from'.

I'm just sitting back and reading yours and columbos posts. I cant be bothered to post myself.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM #455
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobsForTheBoys View Post
I'm just sitting back and reading yours and columbos posts. I cant be bothered to post myself.
Expect an invoice at the end of the month.

My terms are payment strictly within 30 days.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM #456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Expect an invoice at the end of the month.

My terms are payment strictly within 30 days.

I dont have any money.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 PM #457
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobsForTheBoys View Post
I dont have any money.
I am happy to accept payment in lieu of a pile of ironing being done.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 PM #458

The Sun Newspaper
now offers 50,000 pounds reward
for help to catch the Killer.

SkyNewsHD

Last edited by arista; 06-01-2011 at 10:25 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:20 PM #459
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
Apprentice 2014: Roisin

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

Just like in the old west lol
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 PM #460

Did a Facebook friend kill Jo? Murder police bid to trace victim's 200 internet contacts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1AIjaLHcJ

Last edited by arista; 06-01-2011 at 10:33 PM.
arista is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 PM #461

This is a gripping story. I just wonder who dun it.
keithafc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 PM #462

Keith I just wonder where everybody has gone!
mrscolumbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:30 PM #463

Well I'm about and still mulling it over. It must be awful for the poor girl's parents and all this sock speculation - was it used to strangle her? Has it been kept as a trophy? seems unecessarily cruel speculation without evidence. Don't think the landlord should sue the police (mainly because I'd like them to keep their finances to fight crimes like this one) - but he is owed one mega and very public apology.
Fronn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:31 AM #464

Default jo yeates

Someone mentioned the other bottle of cider and the police keep giving extra bits of information out. Jo had apparently sent a text to her brothers friend inviting him around to the flat. Life in Bristol might seem ideal for the young but it can be lonely.
He did not reply to her text and the symptoms of Joes death and the similarities to the one in 74 would rule him out having been too young. Jo they say was kind hearted and she had not had a reply from her text message so she could have offered the pizza and other bottle of cider to someone else in her block of flats, if she saw someone nearby or even took it to them. The police have not said anything about the other bottle but was it found in the suspects flat or green collection. If this is the case would they not have been able to identify Jo s finger print on that bottle. Looking for the Pizza seems to be a bit of a red herring ,that could have been binned and tipped as was the case before they started searching rubbish. They probably know who it is but will they do the right thing and nail them. The suspects employ good lawyers so they can wriggle and slide away from any evidence against themselves.
marney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:36 AM #465
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Interesting comments in the Guardian in respect of the relationship between A&S Police and the Press.

Quote:
The suspicion is growing that the force is holding back vital details. Distrust is mounting among a media corps that believes it has a duty to question whether the investigation is floundering. Publicly, detectives admit they still do not know where and when Joanna died.

Yet when ITN claimed last Tuesday that police were no closer to finding her killer, the force banned the broadcaster from press conferences. Eventually its journalists were allowed back into the fold, but the enduring concern that police attempted to interfere with the freedom of the press hangs over the investigation.
Given that the police admit they don't know when/where/what time Jo died, cannot confirm what was used to strangle her, are unsure if she ate the pizza or not, cannot rule out more than one person was involved in the killing, I think what ITN stated last week - and now almost a week late - stood true then, and most certainly now. Police certainly don't appear to be closing to fnding the killer.

FGS, It's almost 3 weeks later and they only began checking drains etc during the week there - ample time for any possible evidence to have been washed away and well into the sewer system by now.

Wonder why the police got so tetchy and threw the rattle out of the pram? Possibly because they are iindeed floundering and ITN hit the nail on the head? Here was me thinking the police were in the business of determining the truth, dealing with facts. Seems only if it is to their beneift, and as long as the word 'guilty' doesn't land firmly on their doorstep!

Re CJ: reporting that CJ appears to be progressing his intent to sue both police and certain newspapers.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Christopher Jefferies, the former public school teacher arrested on suspicion of the 25-year-old's murder, is preparing to sue the police for wrongful arrest and various newspapers for defamation.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-01-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 AM #466
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marney View Post
Someone mentioned the other bottle of cider and the police keep giving extra bits of information out. Jo had apparently sent a text to her brothers friend inviting him around to the flat. Life in Bristol might seem ideal for the young but it can be lonely.

He did not reply to her text and the symptoms of Joes death and the similarities to the one in 74 would rule him out having been too young. Jo they say was kind hearted and she had not had a reply from her text message so she could have offered the pizza and other bottle of cider to someone else in her block of flats, if she saw someone nearby or even took it to them. The police have not said anything about the other bottle but was it found in the suspects flat or green collection. If this is the case would they not have been able to identify Jo s finger print on that bottle. Looking for the Pizza seems to be a bit of a red herring ,that could have been binned and tipped as was the case before they started searching rubbish. They probably know who it is but will they do the right thing and nail them. The suspects employ good lawyers so they can wriggle and slide away from any evidence against themselves.

Now I'm aware of her sending the text to this man - but I can't recall it being mentioned anywhere that she texted to invite him round.

I do however think this might give rise a little to specultion that Joanna was not quite as 'devoted' to Greg as parents are making out - as has been seen in various places (forums, newspapers etc).

Bearing in mind that she and Greg were to have a 'housewarming party' of some sort on the following Tuesday, she could have simply sent the guy a text inviting him to that - his name could have cropped up in conversation with someone she spoke to that Friday night in the pub, which spurred her to think, "God, wonder how he's doing, if he fancies coming to the party'.... It could of course, have been something very different to the 'devoted Joanna' we are given the picture of - however given that she and Greg had only just moved into the flat - I'm not convinced it was anything 'suspect'.

As for offering the pizza to someone else: I find that incredibly hard to accept. Sorry but I do!

On the matter of cider - far as I'm aware, it was reported that one bottle found unopened, and one found to have had some cider drunk. For all we know, both bottles could have been unopened at the point of Jo's disappearance from the flat and on returning on sunday night, he could have opened one up and poured himself a drink.

The cider bottles don't appear to be figuring highly (as far as we are aware) - so I'm guessing that their is no suspicious or unaccounted for DNA on the bottles.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-01-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:59 AM #467
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

To all the 'newbies' .....

I find it amusing to see that this one thread alone has brought in quite a few new members who appear to only be interested in posting in this particular thread !
Old 09-01-2011, 11:11 AM #468

This was reported in the media
T A source said: "Jo was at a loose end as her boyfriend was away. As she walked home she passed close to the home of someone she hadn't seen for about 18 months. He's a friend of her brother, just a casual acquaintance.

"On the spur of the moment she decided to try to text him and ask if he was around to meet for a friendly drink, but she never got a reply.

PYRAMID

I don't see anything wrong in this she was probably lonely that is why I believe it was intended for this person but given away.
Where is it reported about to bottles been accounted for
Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 AM #469
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
This was reported in the media
T A source said: "Jo was at a loose end as her boyfriend was away. As she walked home she passed close to the home of someone she hadn't seen for about 18 months. He's a friend of her brother, just a casual acquaintance.

"On the spur of the moment she decided to try to text him and ask if he was around to meet for a friendly drink, but she never got a reply.

PYRAMID

I don't see anything wrong in this she was probably lonely that is why I believe it was intended for this person but given away.
Where is it reported about to bottles been accounted for

That's correct. It is reported that she sent a text, that was not replied to (the guy said he was sleeping at the time the text came in). No where as far as I'm aware (of course I could be wrong), but no where have I read that she invited him round - which is what you stated in your very first post.

As for the cider bottles:- I'd suggest you google to find out. Sorry - but I'm not trawling through almost a month's worth of media reports - it was reported as I mentioned in my post.

why would she be lonely? She'd been at work all day, spent the evening at the pub, had no reason to leave so early but she chose to do, left the pub early in the evening, and had plans for a busy weekend while Greg was away, getting the flat cleaned up, making Mince Pies, and preparing for the 'housewarming' party that they were intending having on the following Tuesday. I really don't think 'lonely' is a word that figures in the whole scenario, I really don't.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-01-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:55 AM #470

[B]Pyramid
Perhaps when the context of the text is known we might know if she did indeed invited him out on that night. As regards new posters everyone in this country is incensed by this mindless act of evil so why should that trouble you or do you have the monopoly on this subject it certainly appears like that. Still can't find anything on the bottles, Why on do you appear so rattled?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM #471
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
[B]Pyramid
Perhaps when the context of the text is known we might know if she did indeed invited him out on that night. As regards new posters everyone in this country is incensed by this mindless act of evil so why should that trouble you or do you have the monopoly on this subject it certainly appears like that. Still can't find anything on the bottles, Why on do you appear so rattled?
Perhaps you shouldn't post things on the internet that are not known for sure - I mean re the text message and what it may give out or signal (re Jo or the man concerned), given the amount of harrassment a certain LL got through people doing the same thing. *Added: This was reported by the Sun. The source of this information as worded by the Sun - is not named., they quote it as 'a source*

The matter of the text to the man may be seen as defammatory - as you stated. Neither by the press not the police - and it is dangerous to assert such a thing - lest this man is also then subjected to the same witch hunt as CJ was. That's my point as far as the text message is concerned.

I said the amount of new posters posting coming onto the thread as being 'amusing' - I didn't say it trouble me - read what is written rather than make things up. Neither did I say, or infer, that I had a monopoly. I find it amusing because Tibbs isn't exactly one of the biggest forums around and given that it's not known for having the most serious of debates - that the reason why I found it amusing. Still do.

Rattled? Not at all. I do however find it bizarre that a month in to the case, with the maximum publicity being given, in every possible media outlet and the the interest being shown: that a new member would come on to enter discussions: when they so obviously have the barest of correct information. (ie: about the male friend, about the cider bottles etc). On the matter of the cider bottles: I've just googled and found many references to the bottles (both of them) - took seconds to find several hits. Seek and ye shall find.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 09-01-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:41 PM #472

Pyramid
I find it amusing to see that this one thread alone has brought in quite a few new members who appear to only be interested in posting in this particular thread !

Amusing is not a word I would use in such a tragic case, heartwarming yes, that so many people are concerned about getting this murerder off our streets. Still cant find the bottles can you give me a clue.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:18 PM #473
R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

R.I.P Kerry x

Favourites (more):

You'd think it was the 70's the way they are dealing with the case. We can go over all the little details but it's clutching at straws still at the moment. Think they might've got away with this. They're hoping for someone to come forward I think.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:28 PM #474
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
UBB: JohnMc
User banned

Favourites (more):
CBB14: Gary
UBB: JohnMc

Quote from someone else :

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
Yes in the back of her head
so she may pull through.
after the swelling stops.

To many Young Yanks
with no jobs and posting crazy stuff on YouTube.

Fast firing pistal
a Death Machine in your hands.
MojoNixon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:31 PM #475

I'll admit I joined the forum to discuss this case - it intrigues me and I desperately want to see the gulity brought to justice. No offence taken by pyramid's remark by the way! I think the text message just indicates that Jo was a 'people person' with a wide network of friends of both sexes. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it may mean that her friendliness was misinterpreted by someone that she knew. I'm more convinced that she let in someone she knew, she anticipating a chat and a laugh but they anticipating a bit more. Maybe the visitor grabbed her by the throat when she screamed (as reported by neighbours) and killed her in panic in an attempt to silence her.
Fronn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
death, joanna, murder