Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 19-08-2011, 07:10 PM #26

We may not know how it feels but we can have empathy for a situation as many of us have faced some level of discrimination in our lives.

I guess I would suggest that you read the OPs thread again, it was actually a question and I figure they were looking for honest answers, it would be really nice if someone who knows what they are talking about and is in that situation answered them.
Old 19-08-2011, 07:42 PM #27

Black people are not the most discriminated against minority in the world. Homosexuals are far more discriminated against that blacks. At least black people have equal rights under the law, gay people never have. And the ironic thing is that black people are the most homophobic people in the world.

The idea that Black people have some sort of "special" minority status needs to end.

Discrimination is not worse because of skin colour. Women and homosexuals are far more persecuted and discriminated against than black str8 men.

Last edited by lostalex; 19-08-2011 at 07:46 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 08:27 PM #28
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
BB14: Gina
BB14 USA: Dan
Challenge Destroyer

Favourites:
BB14: Gina
BB14 USA: Dan

Mods ban this user. This dude is clearly a troll. How can this guy keep getting away with ignorant racist posts like this? This is not the first time he has posted stuff like this about black people either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostalex View Post
Black people are not the most discriminated against minority in the world. Homosexuals are far more discriminated against that blacks. At least black people have equal rights under the law, gay people never have. And the ironic thing is that black people are the most homophobic people in the world.

The idea that Black people have some sort of "special" minority status needs to end.

Discrimination is not worse because of skin colour. Women and homosexuals are far more persecuted and discriminated against than black str8 men.

Quote:
And the ironic thing is that black people are the most homophobic people in the world.
You gotta love this racist comment here.

Last time I looked at the history books white people had black people as slaves for hundreds of years. Where they were beaten to death, raped and made to feel like s**** simply because of the colour of their skin. How dare you type s**** like this. When homosexuals go through that type of physical and psychological torture then come holler, until then shut the ******** up. You bigot.

Last edited by SoBig; 19-08-2011 at 08:28 PM.
SoBig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 08:34 PM #29
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Oh goody, this has turned into "who's the biggest victim?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 08:36 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBig View Post
Mods ban this user. This dude is clearly a troll. How can this guy keep getting away with ignorant racist posts like this? This is not the first time he has posted stuff like this about black people either.

You gotta love this racist comment here.

Last time I looked at the history books white people had black people as slaves for hundreds of years. Where they were beaten to death, raped and made to feel like s**** simply because of the colour of their skin. How dare you type s**** like this. When homosexuals go through that type of physical and psychological torture then come holler, until then shut the ******** up. You bigot.
Well atleast black epople are mentioned in history books,. did it ever occur to you that Homosexual discrimination isn't even represented in those same history books?

And it's not racist it's true, atleast in America. I can't speak for UK, but i can speak for America and Africa, Africa where homosexuality is punishable by the death penalty.

Remind me again of any country in the world where you can be put to death just for being black? oh yea, there isn't one.

You are typical of the same victim black comunity that thyinks they are "special victims"

Everything you've talked about has happened WORSE and for LONGER to women and homosexuals then it ever happened to blacks.

AND BLACKS ARN'T THE ONLY PEOPLE TO BE SLAVES. INFACT THERE ARE MORE WOMEN IN SEX SLAVERY NOW THEN THERE EVER WERE BLACK AFRICAN SLAVES IN AMERICA.

you really need to educate yourself. You should be ashamed of your ignorance, instead of slinging around terms like "racist"

Last edited by lostalex; 19-08-2011 at 08:43 PM.
lostalex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 08:39 PM #31
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Doesnt it always.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 08:42 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Thats what these threads are designed to do! And again, its the same people who always open them. I actually would answer a thread like that, if I knew it was genuine. BUt I know the history of most of the posters, so I know their intentions.

Sobig, dont get sucked in really not worth it!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat!

Wildcat! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 09:37 PM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat! View Post
Thats what these threads are designed to do! And again, its the same people who always open them. I actually would answer a thread like that, if I knew it was genuine. BUt I know the history of most of the posters, so I know their intentions.

Sobig, dont get sucked in really not worth it!

Sobig shouldn't get sucked in? It's Sobig that is the exact type of person that should be reading this thread. He is an ignorant little bigot. Reading too much malcom X, one of the worst racists of all times.
Old 19-08-2011, 09:46 PM #34
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
Of course you know what discrimination is, in certain circles Jewish people are seen as devils, there believed to control the world with underground secret socioties, etc etc. Thats your stuggle, i dont know what its like to be called a devil, then i have my own stuggle, you dont know what its like to be called a ****** or a coon. Everyone has a basic understanding of what discrimination and stuggle is, but no one can understand another mans stuggle.
That's one of the saddest things I've ever read.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 10:55 PM #35
GET OFF MY STAGE!

GET OFF MY STAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
That's one of the saddest things I've ever read.
How is that sad? Go on then, tell me what its like to spend a week in the shoes of a young black male, who doesnt know his father, his mums works for a minimum wage, lives in a council estate in Hackney, doesnt have a job dispite applying constantly, and routinly gets pulled and harassed by police for no good reason.
Old 19-08-2011, 10:57 PM #36
0_o

0_o

Quote:
How is that sad? Go on then, tell me what its like to spend a week in the shoes of a young black male, who doesnt know his father, his mums works for a minimum wage, lives in a council estate in Hackney, doesnt have a job dispite applying constantly, and routinly gets pulled and harassed by police for no good reason.
What you just said is also true of many many white males/females though.

Its not exclusive to people with a certain skin colour.
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 11:16 PM #37
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Lewis G

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Sobig shouldn't get sucked in? It's Sobig that is the exact type of person that should be reading this thread. He is an ignorant little bigot. Reading too much malcom X, one of the worst racists of all times.
Oh Jesus come on, one of the worst racists of all time? Rubbish, he was a very inspirational figure fighting against racial oppression. Any seperatist views he did have he denounced before his death
MTVN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 11:22 PM #38
User tanned

Favourites:
BB11: Corin
X Factor 2010: Rebecca Ferguson

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
If your not black then you cannot comment on the struggle of a black man or black youth. Its that simple.
Well it's not that simple and yes we can comment. It's a free forum. I don't see anybody claiming to know what a black mans struggle is. But when your struggles affect the rest of society it becomes everybodies business.

Clearly there are serious issues that need to be addressed. As I hinted at before, the violent crime statistics in London as regards young black males is shocking:

2009/10 figures

12% of Londons population is black or have a black parent.

67% caught for gun crimes were black.

54% of street robberies(actually proceeded against) were black males.

32% of sex offence suspects were black males.

Black females also figure highly in knife crimes(45%) and gun crimes(58%).

So it's pretty clear that we have a minority subculture that is responsible for a hugely disproportionate amount of crime...especially violent crime. So it's very much a topic for everybody to comment on. And it's not all about your struggle; it's also about the damage you are inflicting on the rest of society. Or do you think your struggle justifies that damage?
Zippy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 11:25 PM #39
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
Well it's not that simple and yes we can comment. It's a free forum. I don't see anybody claiming to know what a black mans struggle is. But when your struggles affect the rest of society it becomes everybodies business.

Clearly there are serious issues that need to be addressed. As I hinted at before, the violent crime statistics in London as regards young black males is shocking:

2009/10 figures

12% of Londons population is black or have a black parent.

67% caught for gun crimes were black.

54% of street robberies(actually proceeded against) were black males.

32% of sex offence suspects were black males.

Black females also figure highly in knife crimes(45%) and gun crimes(58%).

So it's pretty clear that we have a minority subculture that is responsible for a hugely disproportionate amount of crime...especially violent crime. So it's very much a topic for everybody to comment on. And it's not all about your struggle; it's also about the damage you are inflicting on the rest of society. Or do you think your struggle justifies that damage?
You know who's also responsible for a hugely disproportionate amount of crime? Poor people. You have to put those figures into the context of the socio-economic status of black people in this country
Old 19-08-2011, 11:38 PM #40
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
You know who's also responsible for a hugely disproportionate amount of crime? Poor people. You have to put those figures into the context of the socio-economic status of black people in this country
Well there are a huge amount of poor white people in London so the numbers still don't add up.

And you say that as if being poor is an excuse for violent crime. Sorry, I don't get the connection.
Old 19-08-2011, 11:39 PM #41

I am just gonna post one comment just to give you guys an idea, of how off base you are. I am actually from Senegal, a west Africa country, obviously like 99% black.
My point is, if you go to most of those countries that are majority black, crime is a lot less than any modern country. Broken homes, is not even close, divorce rate is probably like less than 5%. People value education, family, more than anything in the world. Respect, for people, elders, women, are the cornerstone of most of our societies. Our motto is "Teranga" In Wolof it means hospitality. Our national team is called the "Teranga" Lions! We are raised to be the best hosts possible to people who come into our country. They will give you the clothes on their backs, to make you feel comfortable
If you ask any white foreigner, who has ever been there, they will tell you how well they ARE TREAted.

So, maybe you should ask yourself, why is it, that most Black communities, who are a minority in a caucasian society, end up being, the criminals, the ones from broken homes, and the ones who disrespect everything! Could it be, its because of their place in that society, or is it simply like some people are insinuating, because they are Black!!

Well let me tell you, As a Senegalese, outsider, who have lived in the United States, for more than 10 years, in the UK for 5 years, I can tell you, that however black people become in those societies, is a direct reflection of where they were raised. And its not because of poverty only either, because where I am from, people are a lot poorer, and a lot more desperate.

Again, like I said before, I dont like to reply to certain people on this forum, because I know that they are not genuine. They are just here to, yes, post their RACIST, and anti semitic views, and I know who they are. So I apologize if I sounded like I am holier than thou, and my opinion is too good for this forum,its not the case. I have just been down that road, and I know how some of them are, and what their real intentions are.
However, I have read this thread, and it seems some of you guys are actually genuinely trying to have a debate and maybe learn something, so I gladly give you my opinion on the matter.

And let e give you some statistics just when it comes to my country Senegal, from an Articlel I read:

INCIDENCE OF CRIME

The reported crime rate in Senegal is extremely low compared to industrialized countries. An analysis was done using INTERPOL data for Senegal. For purpose of comparison, data were drawn for the seven offenses used to compute the United States FBI's index of crime. Index offenses include murder, forcible rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft. The combined total of these offenses constitutes the Index used for trend calculation purposes. Senegal will be compared with Japan (country with a low crime rate) and USA (country with a high crime rate). According to the INTERPOL data, for murder, the rate in 2000 was 0.33 per 100,000 population for Senegal, 1.10 for Japan, and 5.51 for USA. For rape, the rate in 2000 was 1.71 for Senegal, compared with 1.78 for Japan and 32.05 for USA. (Data for Senegal are for "sex offences (including rape)", to replace missing data for rape) For robbery, the rate in 2000 was 2.07 for Senegal, 4.08 for Japan, and 144.92 for USA. For aggravated assault, the rate in 2000 was 6.62 for Senegal, 23.78 for Japan, and 323.62 for USA. For burglary, the rate in 2000 was 2.47 for Senegal, 233.60 for Japan, and 728.42 for USA. The rate of larceny for 2000 was 46.98 for Senegal, 1401.26 for Japan, and 2475.27 for USA. The rate for motor vehicle theft in 2000 was 4.11 for Senegal, compared with 44.28 for Japan and 414.17 for USA. The rate for all index offenses combined was 64.29 for Senegal, compared with 1709.88 for Japan and 4123.97 for USA.

YOu can read the rest and other numbers from this link:

http://www-rohan.sdsu.edu/faculty/rw...a/senegal.html

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Wildcat!; 19-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 19-08-2011, 11:45 PM #42
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well there are a huge amount of poor white people in London so the numbers still don't add up.

And you say that as if being poor is an excuse for violent crime. Sorry, I don't get the connection.
Yes but it's very clear that black people are disproporptionately disadvantaged, these figures are for the USA but it isn't that different over here:

African American children are three times more likely to live in poverty than Caucasian children. American Indian/Alaska Native, Hispanic, Pacific Islander, and Native Hawaiian families are more likely than Caucasian and Asian families to live in poverty (Costello, Keeler, & Angold, 2001; National Center for Education Statistics, 2007).

Minorities are more likely to receive high-cost mortgages: African Americans (53 percent) and Latinos (43 percent), in comparison to Caucasians (18 percent) (Logan,2008).

Unemployment rates for African Americans are typically double those of Caucasian Americans. African American men working full time earn 72 percent of the average earnings of comparable Caucasian men and 85 percent of the earnings of Caucasian women (Rodgers, 2008).

And no I'm not saying that being poor is an excuse for crime, I'm saying there's a very clear relationship between the two, poverty and crime are inextricablly linked
Old 20-08-2011, 12:03 AM #43
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Wildcat

Your point about low crime rates in majority black countries is somewhat misleading. Many of those countries are third world and do not often even have reliable figures. Plus there is often great poverty so the temptations and opportunities for materialistic crime are far less than in western world.

And Jamaica has one of the highest crime and murder rates in the world. Oops, so much for your theory.

Last edited by Zippy; 20-08-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 20-08-2011, 12:14 AM #44

Picking up from where I left off, I would like to now compare the two societies I have lived in USA and the UK. Both societies, where Black is a minority.

They both have their problems of racism, and inequalities, but the difference is, the steps taken to rectify or help the situation. I have lived in both places, and I can tell you this, I feel a lot more welcome, and integrated in the US, than in the UK! Black people mix a lot more with other races in the US than they do here. I am not saying they dont have racism and stuff there, they do, very much so. But the point is, they have taken the steps to make a change. I have always felt like Black people in the UK were not oppressed, but suppressed. Like a lot of them dont feel like they should have the same opportunities as the white people. Affirmative action was used in teh US, to help minorities get more jobs, and it actually worked. It gets a lot of criticism, but it worked. a black person growing up in the us know that if they get an education, they have a great chance of belonging to the elite in the society. Not so much here. Of course, its still a work in progress, but the point is, the steps were taken. I feel like the UK is at the same point as the US was back in the 80s, during the LA riots. I could never see something like that ever happening again, because people dont feel that desperate anymore.

The point of this post is that, it seems like people in this country do not want to see anything change. They are happy with the status quo. And I dont see the Black people themselves doing anything to change that. Again, probably because they dont feel entitled.

So to me a big problem is, in the UK, people dont want to hear it! Period.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 20-08-2011, 12:17 AM #45

Quote:
Wildcat

Your point about low crime rates in majority black countries is somewhat misleading. Many of those countries are third world and do not often even have reliable figures. Plus there is often great poverty so the temptations and opportunities for materialistic crime are far less than in western world.

And Jamaica has one of the highest crime and murder rates in the world. Oops, so much for your theory.
Eggsactly. He seems to think that the corrupt politicians that lead these african countries actually properly fund and report REAl studies. You must be kidding if you actually believe thjat african countries have lower crime rates. WTF.

Unbelievable. LITERALLY.
Old 20-08-2011, 12:26 AM #46
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Picking up from where I left off, I would like to now compare the two societies I have lived in USA and the UK. Both societies, where Black is a minority.

They both have their problems of racism, and inequalities, but the difference is, the steps taken to rectify or help the situation. I have lived in both places, and I can tell you this, I feel a lot more welcome, and integrated in the US, than in the UK! Black people mix a lot more with other races in the US than they do here. I am not saying they dont have racism and stuff there, they do, very much so. But the point is, they have taken the steps to make a change. I have always felt like Black people in the UK were not oppressed, but suppressed. Like a lot of them dont feel like they should have the same opportunities as the white people. Affirmative action was used in teh US, to help minorities get more jobs, and it actually worked. It gets a lot of criticism, but it worked. a black person growing up in the us know that if they get an education, they have a great chance of belonging to the elite in the society. Not so much here. Of course, its still a work in progress, but the point is, the steps were taken. I feel like the UK is at the same point as the US was back in the 80s, during the LA riots. I could never see something like that ever happening again, because people dont feel that desperate anymore.

The point of this post is that, it seems like people in this country do not want to see anything change. They are happy with the status quo. And I dont see the Black people themselves doing anything to change that. Again, probably because they dont feel entitled.

So to me a big problem is, in the UK, people dont want to hear it! Period.
Seriously? I mean, I've never lived there of course, but racial divisions in the USA seem far more prominent than here in the UK. Those figures I quoted up above were about the USA from here http://www.apa.org/pi/ses/resources/...sheet-erm.aspx and it really doesn't look to me like the US is some beacon of racial progressiveness

And the South. There's so much racism in the South, they even still have the Confederacy flag flying above the Louisiana State Courthouse
Old 20-08-2011, 12:27 AM #47

Quote:
Wildcat

I gave you figures, just to illustrate my point. BUt I actually live there, and I know for a fact that there are hardly ever any crimes there.
In my neighborhood, when I was growing up, if someone is caught stealing, they almost get lynched by the habitant, and they have to run and hide in the police station.

Yes, I understand that there will be exception to the rule, Jamaica, NIgeria for example, but point is, its not because of your race, its because of how you were raised, and where you were raised.

I can guarantee you, if you one day go to university, and meet someone from anywhere in West Africa, they value education, and chances are, they are some of the most intelligent people in the class.
Most of people I know from my country in a foreign school, have the best grades. Its not because they are smarter, but because education is everything to them as to how they were raised.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Old 20-08-2011, 12:28 AM #48
User tanned

Favourites:

User tanned

Favourites:

Wildcat

Again you make sweeping claims and generalisations. You havent lived in all parts of America Im sure. Just as you do not know the crime stats for all black countries. Maybe you were lucky to be in a black friendly part. Or a part with a huge black population. But there are many parts that are far behind the UK in terms of racial harmony.

And Im pretty sure that mixed relationships were far more acceptable in the UK and Europe long before the US. Indeed, they only seem to have caught up in recent years.
Old 20-08-2011, 12:32 AM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Seriously? I mean, I've never lived there of course, but racial divisions in the USA seem far more prominent than here in the UK. Those figures I quoted up above were about the USA from here http://www.apa.org/pi/ses/resources/...sheet-erm.aspx and it really doesn't look to me like the US is some beacon of racial progressiveness

And the South. There's so much racism in the South, they even still have the Confederacy flag flying above the Louisiana State Courthouse

See, this is why its always dangerous to listen to what the numbers tell you, or what TV shows you. I have lived, there, and I tell you from experience.

If you have a college degree in the US, an go try to get a job, I believe you have the same chance as anyone to get that job. The thing is, its gonna take some time to change the mentality, that you can only succeed through sport, or entertainment. BUt its getting there.
Affirmative action was that if you have a company that doesnt have a cetain amount of minority working for you, and you have a choice between hiring a white or minority with the same qualification, you had to hire the minority. It was well criticized, but people followed them, or they were heavily penalized financially!

As for the mix of society its a lot more than it is here.
And its not just with white and black, in the UK (london at least), its with everyone. People all live seperately, its like unoficial apartheid!

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by Wildcat!; 20-08-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 20-08-2011, 12:35 AM #50
All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

All hail the Moyesiah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
See, this is why its always dangerous to listen to what the numbers tell you, or what TV shows you. I have lived, there, and I tell you from experience.

If you have a college degree in the US, an go try to get a job, I believe you have the same chance as anyone to get that job. The thing is, its gonna take some time to change the mentality, that you can only succeed through sport, or entertainment. BUt its getting there.

As for the mix of society its a lot more than it is here.
And its not just with white and black, in the UK (london at least), its with everyone. People all live seperately, its like unoficial apartheid!
Because there's no black ghettos in the US? Come on, the country's well known for racially segregated neighbourhoods in a lot of places. Personally I find statistics more reliable than anecdotal evidence which doesn't really offer a wide perspective

Last edited by MTVN; 20-08-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
black, urban, youth