Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB11 Celebrity Big Brother 11 on Channel 5, shown January 2013. Discuss here.

Old 24-01-2013, 09:43 AM #51

the problem is the rest of the cast were too weak aside from rylan. claire/tricia/gillian didnt want to ruffle feathers and tried to lay low to avoid bad press like denise got for getting drunk and fighting with michael madsen, but by withdrawing they became wallflowers. razor/frankie started off strong then dissapeared, ryan barely there. if the rest of the cast is going to cowtow to speidi and walk on eggshells we have to blame them, rylan did the right thing, carried on being himself and didnt shy away, bb whouldve cast better - and uk shouldnt of voted out paula (although bb shouldve made them do tasks)
wendywillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:16 AM #52
Sod orf

Sod orf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
I loved Adam and liked Mike last year, but hand on heart apart from them 2 the rest have been utter morons ,big headed ,arrogant, vile
now come on! Vern Troyer isn't big headed
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 10:48 AM #53
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywillow View Post
the problem is the rest of the cast were too weak aside from rylan. claire/tricia/gillian didnt want to ruffle feathers and tried to lay low to avoid bad press like denise got for getting drunk and fighting with michael madsen, but by withdrawing they became wallflowers. razor/frankie started off strong then dissapeared, ryan barely there. if the rest of the cast is going to cowtow to speidi and walk on eggshells we have to blame them, rylan did the right thing, carried on being himself and didnt shy away, bb whouldve cast better - and uk shouldnt of voted out paula (although bb shouldve made them do tasks)
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:38 AM #54

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Julian Clary
BB13: Luke A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
Spencer has no visible skills which would aford him the luxury of making a living as an artisan or technical person so he must do what he can to make a living. Years ago he found that his popularity as a panto villian propelled him into a world of fame and fortune so he has developed skills most of us find repulsive but skills that producers of reality programs are willing to pay heavy for.

He found the right partner, a young girl who has very little self confidence and he has, over the years, managed to control her and turn her into a trophy that he hangs on his arm and flaunts as if she is in awe of him. He then set about developing a lifestyle that makes sure he and her, are noticed and the brand name Speidi was born.

This year he was contracted by BB and paid a lot of money to juice up a show that was flagging and he hasnt disappointed. He has ripped the rule book up and laid down precences that will filter through and change the way we view the show in the future. It isnt very much unlike what Aaron did, the only thing was that Aaron was clever and articulate and he didnt use violence or nastiness. Jade goody had the first pop at the shows fundamentals and in short all 3 of these game players have brought a different way of thinking and a different game playing ethos to the show.

Speidi have taken this disruptive type of behavious to a different level and it has crossed the line for me but obviously it appeals to another type of viewer. The brand known as Speidi have done a great job within the confines of their own thought pattern and have certainly spiced things up but in doing so have made the other HM,s irrelevant in their game. Had they have been put into a normal general public BB, The outcome would have been different as someone would have probably have been evicted for violence and maybe Speidi would have walked, but in this series, these other HM,s have carreers to protect and they are guarded. Hence they have become, in many peoples eyes, boring.

The brand known as Speidi are a byproduct of one young mans imagination and he has very cleverly manipulated the public into paying for his skills and he should not be blamed for what he has designed, he should be applauded but the wrap comes down to preference. Do we like this type of entertainment (if you can call it that) or do we like to see celebs amking fools of themselves which is the old BB way. I dont like or agree with the Speidi philosophy, so i tend to poo poo all their actions. Sad thing is that in order to like the brand, you must also like the people. I dont, so I think BB were wrong to bring them in and I surely think they have shot themselves in the foot, but with the flagging viewing stats, they probably thought they had no option.

If they were handled correctly and forced to do the tasks and were punished more, this series could have been brilliant, but they allowed these petulant and very nasty people to run the show which ruined it for me. The only thing left for me to add is that Speidi themselves have over stepped the mark and turned themselves into a monster that they wont be able to get away from. They will always be the bad guys and in the fullness of time, they will see that Brands have a short shelf life if not promoted properly, I just think his ego has got in the way of his job, as he puts it, and he has sadly got his aspirations mixed up with his capabilities and he is heading for a meltdown.
Good Post.... a fairly accurate assessment of the Speidi double act. I think they have only been able to act the way they do as there are two of them and they never feel lonely or alienated no matter how many of the other HM hate them. I think they are master manipulators and professional reality TV stars who know how to play it as a game. Like you said in your post they would not have been able to achieve what they have were it a normal BB series as the other HM would not have tolerated them and the outcomes would have been far more unpredictable. However with Celeb HM they cannot afford to get too involved and as such many have decided to say nothing to protect their image(s) outside of the house.

Personally I love the way Speidi have played the game very entertaining in a brutal sort of way. I've never seen anyone play it so well. Do I like them as individuals...who cares I'll never meet them and I guarantee by March I won't even remember their names

Were they entertaining hell yes.....will they win ??? probably not maybe 3rd or at best Runner up.
Nedusa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:41 AM #55
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedusa View Post
Good Post.... a fairly accurate assessment of the Speidi double act. I think they have only been able to act the way they do as there are two of them and they never feel lonely or alienated no matter how many of the other HM hate them. I think they are master manipulators and professional reality TV stars who know how to play it as a game. Like you said in your post they would not have been able to achieve what they have were it a normal BB series as the other HM would not have tolerated them and the outcomes would have been far more unpredictable. However with Celeb HM they cannot afford to get too involved and as such many have decided to say nothing to protect their image(s) outside of the house.

Personally I love the way Speidi have played the game very entertaining in a brutal sort of way. I've never seen anyone play it so well. Do I like them as individuals...who cares I'll never meet them and I guarantee by March I won't even remember their names

Were they entertaining hell yes.....will they win ??? probably not maybe 3rd or at best Runner up.
Thats the best retort to any post i have ever posted, well thought out and to the point. Why cant more people follow your example, i am sick of these one liners telling me to give up or the laughing gnome as if I am a freak. Thanks and well done.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 12:01 PM #56

Favourites:
BB16: Sarah

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
The Speidi brand if ever it existed is now gone ,they are unwanted and un-employable in US ,so they thought they would try their luck here, but that has failed too ,they are too evil to make anything over here ,we are not as fickle as the Yanks
Really?

They got paid £500,000 each and are currently on the TV here so how do you work that out?

Anything for a bit of Speidi bashing eh.

Guys its getting sad now move on.
daniel-lewis-1985 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 12:05 PM #57
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel-lewis-1985 View Post
Really?

They got paid £500,000 each and are currently on the TV here so how do you work that out?

Anything for a bit of Speidi bashing eh.

Guys its getting sad now move on.
they got £150,000 for both, hardly a big payday and the hills is being aired but they sold their royalties yrs ago.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 12:21 PM #58

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
they got £150,000 for both, hardly a big payday and the hills is being aired but they sold their royalties yrs ago.
Source?
Old 24-01-2013, 01:24 PM #59
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
To close it would be to deny others the right to vent and offer opinions. The thread is on its 3rd page so why close something that is active. There are way too many kiss ass Speidi threads out there now so this one redresses the balance. Its fun and a breath of fresh air to get away from the desparation of Speidi follows and their conspiacy theories like bullying, ch5 favouitism, BBOTs selective edits and CH5 manipulating things in favour of big phone votes for them.
Its on its 3rd page because somewhere in a dark dirty basement lives a restless sub-being whose only mission in life is to argue with strangers on the internet. Its not a breath of fresh air, it is simply incorrect.
Old 24-01-2013, 01:30 PM #60
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
Source?
Where is your source that they got paid £500,000 EACH! I doubt very much dirty Desmond would pay ONE MILLION pounds for those pair of twats!

They are skint & would probably have done it for £500 each
Old 24-01-2013, 01:30 PM #61
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Thats the best retort to any post i have ever posted, well thought out and to the point. Why cant more people follow your example, i am sick of these one liners telling me to give up or the laughing gnome as if I am a freak. Thanks and well done.
We did on your first twenty anti-Speidi threads. We've all grown tired of well thought out replies since your last thousand or so posts because it will be just a matter of time until your next 'I hate Speidi, everybody read why' thread

Last edited by Withano; 24-01-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 01:31 PM #62

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Where is your source that they got paid £500,000 EACH! I doubt very much dirty Desmond would pay ONE MILLION pounds for those pair of twats!

They are skint & would probably have done it for £500 each
It was reported in the mirror about 2 weeks back.

I aint trawling through google looking for evidence.

Desmond paid Jedward 1 million so i cant see why they wouldnt pay that for Speidi.
Old 24-01-2013, 01:35 PM #63
Get it? Got it? Good!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Quote:
It was reported in the mirror about 2 weeks back.

I aint trawling through google looking for evidence.

Desmond paid Jedward 1 million so i cant see why they wouldnt pay that for Speidi.
Wow it was in The Mirror, must be true!

I very much doubt Jedward got 1 million either!

Only the housemates & channel 5 know how much they get paid, very few make it public so any figures a purely speculative...

I'd be very surprised if they ever paid more than £250,000 for anyone...
Old 24-01-2013, 01:36 PM #64
The Dude

The Dude

Quote:
To close it would be to deny others the right to vent and offer opinions. The thread is on its 3rd page so why close something that is active. There are way too many kiss ass Speidi threads out there now so this one redresses the balance. Its fun and a breath of fresh air to get away from the desparation of Speidi follows and their conspiacy theories like bullying, ch5 favouitism, BBOTs selective edits and CH5 manipulating things in favour of big phone votes for them.

What forum are you on? Most of the threads on Speidi are by chuff, and any thread about them becomes flooded with yours, and every other haters posts, this redresses nothing, you could have posted this in one of the many Speidi threads that are "out there" but you thought you'd be clever and bring the focus to yourself and your views, and post cleverly disguised insults at people who don't agree with you, shame shame shame, we know your name.

BoratKitty will never stop dancing
MaDdOctoR is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brand, speidi