Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

General Chat General discussion. Want to chat about anything not covered in another forum - This is the place!

Old 30-06-2013, 02:08 AM #1

Default Would you have an affair?

Weird question I know but following on from the would you forgive a cheater thread...

Would you ever or have you ever had an affair? or even cheated.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:12 AM #2

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:

josy there was thread on this last week

keep up
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:13 AM #3

No there wasn't?
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:14 AM #4
Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Texas Forever

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Nope
Drew. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:42 AM #5

Favourites:

Favourites:

there was omfg

it was to do with having an affair with a married man i think
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:43 AM #6
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Glenn made a thread seeking social-approval

Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 03:01 AM #7
Adios

Adios

I just needed some guidance

“Stay away from people who act like a victim in a problem they created”
Glenn. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 05:26 AM #8
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..no never, I think if you're committed to a relationship and you then have feelings for someone else that you want to pursue, then you should end that relationship first..it'll still be painful for the other person but they won't have the lying/deception part of as well and that does make it so much worse...

..I also don't believe in 'you can't help who you fall in love with/don't expect these things' either, you can help it, it's completely in your control...you can't help who you meet and if you find yourself attracted to them but you always have a choice whether to pursue that attraction further or whether to walk away from it and be with your current partner...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 06:48 AM #9
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

there is a question on the bb application form that reads, if you could have sex with another person and your other half would never find out!, would you.
thesheriff443 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 06:52 AM #10
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
..no never, I think if you're committed to a relationship and you then have feelings for someone else that you want to pursue, then you should end that relationship first..it'll still be painful for the other person but they won't have the lying/deception part of as well and that does make it so much worse...

..I also don't believe in 'you can't help who you fall in love with/don't expect these things' either, you can help it, it's completely in your control...you can't help who you meet and if you find yourself attracted to them but you always have a choice whether to pursue that attraction further or whether to walk away from it and be with your current partner...
most affairs happen, when someone is giving you the attention your other half is not!.

you can be unfaithful to your other half without having sex!
Old 30-06-2013, 06:58 AM #11
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesheriff443 View Post
most affairs happen, when someone is giving you the attention your other half is not!.

you can be unfaithful to your other half without having sex!
..yeah, I understand that, being 'unfaithful' is usually defined by what the mutual boundaries set down in a particular relationship are..and for me personally, I still hold with my opinion...if you are committed to a relationship that you want to keep and you feel any of those 'boundaries' are in danger, then you have the option to walk away from a situation...if you don't want to keep your current relationship, then end that fist...

..I don't actually mean you personally when I say 'you'...people in general...
Old 30-06-2013, 07:05 AM #12
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
..yeah, I understand that, being 'unfaithful' is usually defined by what the mutual boundaries set down in a particular relationship are..and for me personally, I still hold with my opinion...if you are committed to a relationship that you want to keep and you feel any of those 'boundaries' are in danger, then you have the option to walk away from a situation...if you don't want to keep your current relationship, then end that fist...

..I don't actually mean you personally when I say 'you'...people in general...
my post was not aimed at your opionion, just in general
I think people don't think like you! in general, affairs are like being offered a new job, you see whats being offered, but you don't run in and tell your old boss your leaving straight away!
Old 30-06-2013, 07:11 AM #13
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
my post was not aimed at your opionion, just in general
I think people don't think like you! in general, affairs are like being offered a new job, you see whats being offered, but you don't run in and tell your old boss your leaving straight away!
..I didn't understand that bit Sheriff..?...but the reason I said in my first post that people had the choice to act on attraction is also because the question was 'would you have an affair'..and that's generally people's perception of an affair but I do know 'being unfaithful' is defined by the individual couple's boundaries....I also think that people see things based on their own experience or the experience of people around them who they have seen hurt by such things, so I think my opinions are quite common...
Old 30-06-2013, 07:27 AM #14
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
..I didn't understand that bit Sheriff..?...but the reason I said in my first post that people had the choice to act on attraction is also because the question was 'would you have an affair'..and that's generally people's perception of an affair but I do know 'being unfaithful' is defined by the individual couple's boundaries....I also think that people see things based on their own experience or the experience of people around them who they have seen hurt by such things, so I think my opinions are quite common...
you make it sound like having an affair is black and white, its not, people stay in unhappy relationships all the time, and they test the water!,
people don't tend to jump out of one relationship into another its a lot slower.
affairs happen for different reasons and start in different ways.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:38 AM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
you make it sound like having an affair is black and white, its not, people stay in unhappy relationships all the time, and they test the water!,
people don't tend to jump out of one relationship into another its a lot slower.
..I'm sorry Sheriff, I'm not really sure what you're saying..well I think I am with some of it but if people 'don't jump out of one and into another'..then they're ending the current relationship first, is that what you're saying..?...that's not an affair as such then...maybe it is technically if they're married but they're not deceiving their partner..?....

..and yes, having an affair really is black and white...emotions/feelings etc may not be black and white but the choice to act on them is...you either end your current relationship before you act on them and are honest or decide to stay with your partner and don't act on them because you feel that your commitment to your partner is stronger and the thing that you want...it really is that simple....

EDIT:..and yeah they start in different ways because you've allowed them to start...

Last edited by Ammi; 30-06-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:46 AM #16
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
..I'm sorry Sheriff, I'm not really sure what you're saying..well I think I am with some of it but if people 'don't jump out of one and into another'..then they're ending the current relationship first, is that what you're saying..?...that's not an affair as such then...maybe it is technically if they're married but they're not deceiving their partner..?....

..and yes, having an affair really is black and white...emotions/feelings etc may not be black and white but the choice to act on them is...you either end your current relationship before you act on them and are honest or decide to stay with your partner and don't act on them because you feel that your commitment to your partner is stronger and the thing that you want...it really is that simple....

EDIT:..and yeah they start in different ways because you've allowed them to start...
people don't just wake up one day and say im going to start an affair today
some people have affairs because they are unhappy with the person they are with but feel they cant leave because of things like kids.
or being an out cast from their family or religion.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:47 AM #17

Never.
Old 30-06-2013, 07:59 AM #18
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:

I don't believe life is ever that simple, people stay in unhappy relationships for all sorts of reason, there are children involved, financial reasons, religious reasons. Ending a longstanding relations ship because you think the grass is greener on the other side would be catastrophic for some couples. Is it not often the case once the excitement of wears off then the person returns to their long standing partner and the relationship can actually improve as they realise what the jepordised in the first place? Of course it is never ideal, and utopia is to stay faithful to your partner throughout your life. But as Sherrif says being unfaithful to your partner comes in all guises, having secret relationships online could be considered being being unfaithful.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'

Last edited by Cherie; 30-06-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 08:00 AM #19
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
people don't just wake up one day and say im going to start an affair today
some people have affairs because they are unhappy with the person they are with but feel they cant leave because of things like kids.
or being an out cast from their family or religion.
...in my experience, children are much happier in single parent situations rather than having two parents who don't want to be with each other, so I don't agree with the 'for the kids' thing...and if they feel so much for this other person that they can't not be with them then I still hold that must make it worth being an 'outcast'...to have an affair is just a cop out because you're not protecting anyone except yourself....
Old 30-06-2013, 08:05 AM #20
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
I don't believe life is ever that simple, people stay in unhappy relationships for all sorts of reason, there are children involved, financial reasons, religious reasons. Ending a longstanding relations ship because you think the grass is greener on the other side would be catastrophic for some couples. Is it not often the case once the excitement of wears off then the person returns to their long standing partner and the relationship can actually improve as they realise what the jepordised in the first place? Of course it is never ideal, and utopia is to stay faithful to your partner throughout your life. But as Sherrif says being unfaithful to your partner comes in all guises, having secret relationships online could be considered being being unfaithful.
..I'm sorry, I don't agree Cherie..there might be reason other than love etc when people stay in reltionships..whether they are right to so or not, that's not really relevant as that's their decision..but they don't have to have an affair..having an affair is a personal choice..their lives may be complicated but the choice to have an affair really is quite simple...being 'unhappy' and 'having an affair' do not go hand in hand and one has to mean the other...
Old 30-06-2013, 08:07 AM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewire View Post
josy there was thread on this last week

keep up
The other thread was would you have sex with someone who is married thats a completely different question. Keep up firewire fgs

Quote:
Thats not a reason to cheat thats just the reasoning of someone too weak to take control of their own life. Thats a pitiful excuse.
---

Falling in love with another person happens and if it happens while you are with someone else then its your responsibility to decide your future regardless of your circumstances you have to choose one or the other and be open about it.

People who cheat are cowards,lowlifes and weak people.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 08:09 AM #22
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
...in my experience, children are much happier in single parent situations rather than having two parents who don't want to be with each other, so I don't agree with the 'for the kids' thing...and if they feel so much for this other person that they can't not be with them then I still hold that must make it worth being an 'outcast'...to have an affair is just a cop out because you're not protecting anyone except yourself....
its clear i'm not going to change the way you think!, and I don't need to either!.
but I will say this, an affair is wrong but its more complicated than you believe.
Old 30-06-2013, 08:11 AM #23
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
The other thread was would you have sex with someone who is married thats a completely different question. Keep up firewire fgs

Thats not a reason to cheat thats just the reasoning of someone too weak to take control of their own life. Thats a pitiful excuse.
---

Falling in love with another person happens and if it happens while you are with someone else then its your responsibility to decide your future regardless of your circumstances you have to choose one or the other and be open about it.

People who cheat are cowards,lowlifes and weak people.
so you meet some one you like and straight away you go home and end a long term relationship, don't be silly!
Old 30-06-2013, 08:18 AM #24
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
its clear i'm not going to change the way you think!, and I don't need to either!.
but I will say this, an affair is wrong but its more complicated than you believe.
..I think it's quite rare that people change others opinions because they're quite often based on our own associations with things from the people around us and who we car about...

..and I do agree that feelings/emotions are complicated and you can't always plan for them but acting on them is always a personal choice...

Last edited by Ammi; 30-06-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 30-06-2013, 08:20 AM #25
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
so you meet some one you like and straight away you go home and end a long term relationship, don't be silly!

..so don't act on liking them then..if you don't feel that you can keep the relationship as 'friends' then avoid it as much as you can and certainly in a way that you think it may advance further...

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
affair