Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-12-2013, 01:02 PM #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baby Jesus View Post
I am a tax payer.
So am I. You could opt in then, and I'll opt out. We would both we happy then.
sassysocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 01:39 PM #102

Favourites:
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
"If these drone attacks are not murder, then neither is the killing of Lee Rigby. In other words, they are exactly the same by any sane measure of morality."

No USA Evil Drone Attacks are
wrong killing family's near it ,
all the time.

Killing Lee Rigby in London was wrong
as he was not working at a Waz Zone.

The Preacher that guided those killers
ran off to Libya right after the Murder
He must be killed by a Bullet.
As Every Day he goes on the Web
getting more and more Young British
Muslims to do the same.
I think the UK are using drones as well.
Old 21-12-2013, 01:54 PM #103
Z

Z

The thing that worries me about men like this pair is that they don't see what they did as being wrong. They believe that what they did was in aid of a cause; they do not see themselves as murderers or as having committed a crime because they believe at their very core that they're just foot soldiers getting revenge for the atrocities committed against [someone/something the British army has allegedly wronged]. How is the judiciary supposed to deal with something like that? I honestly think deporting them and banning them from re-entry into the UK would be more helpful than locking them up and then letting them back out into our society again. Hopefully they'll be sentenced and then deported once they've served it so they've no opportunity to re-offend. They've been truly indoctrinated and I think they'll poison other minds if they're given the opportunity to in prison or elsewhere.
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 02:26 PM #104

Favourites:

Favourites:

What I've observed over the last 10 years or so was there was a massive anti-war feeling, huge anti-war marches with hundreds of thousands taking to the street to protest the impending Iraq invasion. Not alone in Britain, (btw, I briefly joined one in Leeds when I was over for a home game against Middlesbrough), but huge marches in Ireland I joined, and across Europe.
Then it was like a switch had been pressed. When it all started the Murdoch media, in particular, turned the aggression into a patriotic jolly. Support our troops and all that nonsense. Stupid nationalism took hold of the sheeple. The huge numbers who read the Sun and watch Sky News, and the BBC was brow-beaten to the extent Greg Dyke was forced to resign over the sexed-up dossier, and for not singing from the same sing sheet. The BBC has never been the same since. It's an establishment lacky under threat of having its liveblood, money, cut off by the govt, and Sky given a clear field. Rupert Murdoch who wins elections in Britain.
And so, critical resistance to wars of imperialism gave way to jingoistic patriotism and flag waving, and the general public haven't a clue what it's all about.
Old 21-12-2013, 02:39 PM #105
Jesus.

Jesus.

Watch from 4 minutes.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 02:55 PM #106

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baby Jesus View Post

Watch from 4 minutes.
Very good. The people of Britain were overwhelmingly anti the Iraq invasion. But since it happened, it's been twisted by the Murdoch media. I watched Sky hawkishly at that time. I observed their almost psychopathic coverage. They were telling us the wing spans of B52's as they took off from Brize Norton. They deliberately avoided questioning the morality of the crime that was being perpetrated. At least the BBC gave it a go, and suffered badly. It had its balls cut off.

And since then the jingoistic flag waving mindlessness has been in control.
Old 21-12-2013, 04:26 PM #107
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
I hope the bastards rot in hell.
Me too, try as hard as I may I cannot myself find any justification for understanding or hope of lenient treatment for these barbarians.

They have never once expressed any regret for their action, they have never once said they regretted the atrocities committed against Lee by them as he was dying or even after he was dead.

They showed total disregard of any decency towards Lee's family by pathetically pleading not guilty thereby prolonging the trial as to duration and forcing the family to endure even more pain as the saga was played out by them.

If ever there was needed at the very least, imprisonment with hard labour, then these rotten vile individuals warrant that.
They won't get it of course as it isn't part of our law or justice system but I do strongly really hope the rest of their lives become a living nightmare for them right to the end of their lives too for the vile act they carried out.

Last edited by joeysteele; 21-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-12-2013, 04:39 PM #108

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Me too, try as hard as I may I cannot myself find any justification for understanding or hope of lenient treatment for these barbarians.

They have never once expressed any regret for their action, they have never once said they regretted the atrocities committed against Lee by them as he was dying or even after he was dead.

They showed total disregard of any decency towards Lee's family by pathetically pleading not guilty thereby prolonging the trial as to duration and forcing the family to endure even more pain as the saga was played out by them.

If ever there was needed at the very least, imprisonment with hard labour, then these rotten vile individuals warrant that.
They won't get it of course as it isn't part of our law or justice system but I do strongly really hope the rest of their lives become a living nightmare for them right to the end of their lives too for the vile act they carried out.
You know, everything you've written could be said about you, British interference in lands far far away.
Old 21-12-2013, 04:42 PM #109

Favourites:

Favourites:

I'm an anglophile. I love contemporary English culture, with the best of them.
Old 21-12-2013, 10:49 PM #110
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
You know, everything you've written could be said about you, British interference in lands far far away.
I cannot see hoe the 2 things can be justifiably comparable.

Soldiers are 'sent' to other lands in the main with a fair amount of other International approval for the engagement of troops too.
Of course in actual battle, things happen that would be better not to have but that it is in the battle or engagemnet zone areas.

What these 2 did is nothing comparable to decent engagement of troops and these 2 committed this act themselves in a land where they had in effect prospered.
They brought disgrace to the name of any decency, their own families, even their own religion and certainly to most of those who form the military and defence of Nations.

If you cannot see the difference between those 2 things then it will be pointless to engage with you as to this, I saw nothing,not a single thing in their actions that is justifiable and certainly not where and how they carried it out either, if you do then that's your affair but it is most certainly not mine.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
attackers, found, guilty, kiss, koran, lee, murder, rigby, smile