Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB13 Celebrity Big Brother 2014 (CBB13) shown January 2014 was won by Jim Davidson.

Discuss here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 12:57 AM #501

Favourites (more):
BB14: Dan
The Apprentice 2013: Alex

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
generalizing about billions of Christians is just as bad as generalzing about all gay people
I agree!! I'm replying to a previous quote that "Christianity and ignorance" go hand in hand,or words to that effect?!?
Old 06-01-2014, 12:57 AM #502
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
You've just said I'm almost back from my paper round and I'm afraid kids these days have them at around 13/14, I'm almost 19, so...five years is quite a difference.

But whatever, just continue to bypass all the perfectly valid points I pose to you and instead choose to insult me because of my age (as if that could ever determine who is right or wrong in a certain debate anyway lol), it's really petty. And actually if I were to do the same thing to you you would be up in arms about it, so...
get a sense of humour,,,,or report it to the PC discrimination against paper boys board
Old 06-01-2014, 12:58 AM #503

Quote:
Yes he was warned Ive read what youve said and youre wrong. I dont care how many times you repeat it
no discussion to be had.
Guess you could say he was warned about being warned... he may have been sent to the diary room but he still didn't get one. Not officially anyway.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:58 AM #504
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
clued up or brainwashed by the latest PC fads? my guess is the latter
OMG I love you but if I said that I would get banned, lol.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 AM #505
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanbon View Post
I agree!! I'm replying to a previous quote that "Christianity and ignorance" go hand in hand,or words to that effect?!?
yeah the Christian bashing always generalizes and insults and stereotypes millions yet these same hypocrites demand they are never should beinsulted or stereotyped? also some of the radical liberals demand gay marriage yet want to tear down the church and slag off and abuse all Christians? so why make such a fuss to marry in a church then?
Old 06-01-2014, 12:59 AM #506

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

I respect all of your rights to hold your opinions,Even if i don't agree with them all.People are always gonna find something offensive,They did'nt warn Jasmine for simulating sex in the bedroom or talking about finger banging,The house was left to discuss it,It should have been the same in this situation aswell.Just because we don't agree with it does'nt mean the right to say it should be surppressed.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 AM #507
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
Guess you could say he was warned about being warned... he may have been sent to the diary room but he still didn't get one. Not officially anyway.
he was called to the diary room to be warned
Old 06-01-2014, 01:00 AM #508
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
get a sense of humour,,,,or report it to the PC discrimination against paper boys board
I had 2 paper rounds till I left high school. I think that means my maths is better and a couple of years hardly makes a lifetime. All I can say is thank god for google as it seems to be more read than text books in school.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:01 AM #509
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
watched it but they didn't air the whole interview or telling off so they could have missed the warning off and did it to save his face. who knows, none of us do so we must agree that in the face of no evidence, its a stalemate.
If they had given him a formal warning, they would have aired it...as they always do with every other one. There'd be no reason for them to cut off before they give him the formal warning, that doesn't even make any sense.

Quote:
Yes he was warned Ive read what youve said and youre wrong. I dont care how many times you repeat it
no discussion to be had.
NO HE WASN'T WARNED please someone tell me I'm not the only one getting pissed off with this now?

Have you ever even watched Big Brother before? In the past year we have had countless formal warnings handed out that it really shouldn't be hard for any Big Brother fan to recall the terminology that the producers recite when handing one out to a housemate, and when they merely just remind them of the rules that they were given before they entered. I mean seriously?

If it's a formal warning, they say 'and therefore Big Brother is left with no choice but to issue you with a formal warning, any more action like this may lead to your removal from the Big Brother house'. They didn't say this to Evander, the transcript says as much and so does the clip. Watch it back. In fact, watch Jemima's racist warning back, watch Hazel's Daley-gate warning back, watch Gina's warning back, watch Dexter's warning back. It's the same sentence. Every. Single. Time.

This was a reminder of the rules, NOT a formal warning. You are just wrong and you seriously need to remind yourself of what is deemed a formal warning on this show.

Last edited by Jack_; 06-01-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:01 AM #510
User banned

User banned

Quote:
OMG I love you but if I said that I would get banned, lol.
does that mean you were born loving me or you chose to love me? ok thats me banned for even asking lol

Last edited by the truth; 06-01-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:02 AM #511
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
If they had given him a formal warning, they would have aired it...as they always do with every other one. There'd be no reason for them to cut off before they give him the formal warning, that doesn't even make any sense.

NO HE WASN'T WARNED please someone tell me I'm not the only one getting pissed off with this now?

Have you ever even watched Big Brother before? In the past year we have had countless formal warnings handed out that it really shouldn't be hard for any Big Brother fan to recall the terminology that the producers recite when handing one out to a housemate, and when they merely just remind them of the rules that they were given before they entered. I mean seriously?

If it's a formal warning, they say 'and therefore Big Brother is left with no choice but to issue you with a formal warning, any more action like this may lead to your removal from the Big Brother house'. They didn't say this to Evander, the transcript says as much and so does the clip. Watch it back. In fact, watch Jemima's racist warning back, watch Hazel's Daley-gate warning back, watch Gina's warning back, watch Dexter's warning back. It's the same sentence. Every. Single. Time.

This was a reminder of the rules, NOT a formal warning. You are just wrong and you seriously need to remind yourself of what is deemed a formal warning on this show.
Give it a rest Jack. we didn't see Jay getting warned and conors warning wasn't aired either. admit defeat and go to bed.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:03 AM #512
User banned

User banned

Quote:

temper temper timothy..you can shout and swear as much as you like it changes nothing , just makes you look foolish
he was called to the diary to be warned.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 AM #513

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Wether it was formal or not,He was warned for expressing his beliefs.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 AM #514

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM45 View Post
Yeah, i probably should have said 'religion' instead of narrowing it down to just the Christians!
I think Buddhism is the exception but many, myself included, wouldn't class Buddhism as a religion as much as a set of beliefs to live your life by.

Religions as a whole are responsible for so much that's wrong in the World today. I would imagine Evander's opinions probably stem from a religious background which is a very sad thing.
100% agree. The fundamentalist religious upbringings that some people experience often leave no room for personal opinion,no matter how widely they travel!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 AM #515

Quote:
he was called to the diary room to be warned
He wasn't, though. Don't you think they'd have said and made it all formal if so? He was discouraged against airing that sort of opinion on TV, and that's all there is to it. 100% with Jack_ on this.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:05 AM #516
User banned

Favourites (more):
User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
does that mean you were born loving me or you chose to love me? ok thats me banned for even asking lol
If you have to sit to pea and your nipples are higher than your elbow, we will say its just a newish infactuation. Will that do as you were probably not around even after I spawned 3 kids and went through my first job.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:10 AM #517

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2014: Roisin
CBB 13: Luisa Zissman

Personally I think that Evander was completely in the wrong. He is entitled to his opinion, yes, and Luisa also did bring up the subject, but she tried to stop him many times, even before he actually said anything, when she realized that he might say something offensive. He was warned by her, but still proceeded to say it despite that because he wanted to express his opinion. So to me this whole "well, Luisa brought up the subject so he has a right to respond" isn't valid because she quickly tried to bury the conversation and even warned him that it was on TV. But he didn't care, so he deserves all this hate he's getting.

Also on a side note, I am an American and I had no clue that the word "handicapped" was offensive to disabled people and he most likely didn't either.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:11 AM #518
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I hope he didn't get a formal warning, it was like the thought police! :/
Old 06-01-2014, 01:13 AM #519
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redway View Post
He wasn't, though. Don't you think they'd have said and made it all formal if so? He was discouraged against airing that sort of opinion on TV, and that's all there is to it. 100% with Jack_ on this.
But they shouldn't be aiding contestants on how to be seen on TV, if Evander wants to make a fool of himself then Big Brother should leave him to it imo.

KRO!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:21 AM #520
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Give it a rest Jack. we didn't see Jay getting warned and conors warning wasn't aired either. admit defeat and go to bed.
Wrong.

And none of Jay's sh*tting actions were ever broadcast, so of course they wouldn't be airing any warnings (if he got one).

Quote:
temper temper timothy..you can shout and swear as much as you like it changes nothing , just makes you look foolish
he was called to the diary to be warned.
No, what makes you look foolish is having something factual pointed out to you and you refusing to actually read it and understand it, instead bending the truth in order to fit your anger that he was given a formal warning for this discussion, when he wasn't.

And now just for complete proof, here's Jemima and Hazel's actual formal warnings, all of which have Big Brother reciting the same line, watch:

Jemima (from 1:40 onwards):

Hazel (from 8:15 - 8:30):

They recite the same line. 'Big Brother is issuing you with a formal warning, if you repeat this behaviour Big Brother may have no choice but to remove you from the house'.

This was also the same for Gina and Dexter who received formal warnings, as well as Ron Atkinson and Carol McGiffin in the last CBB. They were all formal warnings. This one was not, just accept it.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:26 AM #521
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I hope he didn't get a formal warning, it was like the thought police! :/
21 pages in and people still saying that stating homosexuality is a choice and a disability (which is by the way contradictory) is just ~an opinion~

Last edited by Me. I Am Salman; 06-01-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:27 AM #522

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haylei View Post
Personally I think that Evander was completely in the wrong. He is entitled to his opinion, yes, and Luisa also did bring up the subject, but she tried to stop him many times, even before he actually said anything, when she realized that he might say something offensive. He was warned by her, but still proceeded to say it despite that because he wanted to express his opinion. So to me this whole "well, Luisa brought up the subject so he has a right to respond" isn't valid because she quickly tried to bury the conversation and even warned him that it was on TV. But he didn't care, so he deserves all this hate he's getting.

Also on a side note, I am an American and I had no clue that the word "handicapped" was offensive to disabled people and he most likely didn't either.
we need more new members like you

Last edited by Jordan.; 06-01-2014 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:30 AM #523

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
21 pages in and people still saying that stating homosexuality is a choice and a disability (which is by the way contradictory) is just ~an opinion~
It is an opinion though, a sick opinion but an opinion none of the less.

As I've said once Evander Holyfield is up for the vote just vote for the opposition if you're offended by him so much, even if it's against Jim "Domestic Violence On Women" Davidson.

KRO!
Old 06-01-2014, 01:34 AM #524
User banned

User banned

just to get some perspective on holyfield, hes given millions to charity , set up hiw own charity foundation, fought on with a heart condition and suspected damage....he also forgave mike tyson for biting his ear off and said if they can make peace its an example to their kids and other kids , they can all make peace....

terrible man
Old 06-01-2014, 01:35 AM #525
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salman! View Post
your sentence doesnt make sense?
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
convo, defence, evander, gays, luisa