Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB15 Celebrity Big Brother 2015 (CBB15) was shown January 2015 on CH5, and the winner was Katie Price. Discuss the series here.

Old 30-01-2015, 12:16 PM #26
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Adam
BB12: Harry

I don't think Hoppo speaks the truth all the time, but she does say what she thinks all the time.

Major difference and she would be the first one to agree that her views are sometimes indigestible, but at the end of the day, they are her words, opinions, beliefs and in the main, her way to carve a living out of modern day events that she feels strongly about. So good on her.
sampvt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:16 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
I have lost count of the times I have noticed people saying 'Katie Hopkins is just speaking the truth' to defend her vile comments both in the house and now it seems her comments out of the house are being defended in the same way.

So my question is, why then is her just 'speaking the truth' always nasty, malicious, horrible and never a nice truth, never does she say something useful, endearing etc and claim it's just the truth?

Also when anyone tells her the truth (as they see it) her face goes pretty flushed because she can't take back what she gives out, but thats another thread.

Opinions

I don't see her like that at all and am quite amazed at all the vile names she is called as well.

Do others when they call her these names, realise that they are emulating the very same things which they castigate her for.

She has said harsh things about societies benefits scroungers and no one can say it isn't true because it has been proved there are many lazy and fraudulent people who are.

I don't agree with her on the children's names or peoples hair colourings and wish she wouldn't write things like this. She deserves criticism and by goodness she certainly gets it in spades.

I have heard her being nice, but I have also heard her say she doesn't like compliments back. There must have been something in her past which has formed her opinions like this. Overall in the house, she hasn't been nasty to many, just Perez. I feel Nadia has been nastier towards Katie than the other way around.

Yes, she does talk about others but they all do. It was quite obvious when Nadia after calling Katie two faced and talking behind peoples backs, went on to do exactly the same with Perez.

Katie has been the salvation of the house because we would just have the Perez Show all the time. She has fought her corner well, giving Perez little rope and shoving it back in his face when he goes over the top.

Have you thought, Perez may just be the start, there are many copy cat BB housemates chosen and he just might have started a trend of being aggravating and annoying for the future.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 30-01-2015 at 12:17 PM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:18 PM #28
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampvt View Post
I don't think Hoppo speaks the truth all the time, but she does say what she thinks all the time.

Major difference and she would be the first one to agree that her views are sometimes indigestible, but at the end of the day, they are her words, opinions, beliefs and in the main, her way to carve a living out of modern day events that she feels strongly about. So good on her.
the world would be an horrendous place to live if we all did that though. Think before you speak is a good rule to have imo

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:26 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules2 View Post
As we know we all speak our own truths, this is the beauty of conversation and debate.

Katie to win with Calum and Kav in the top three.
Absolutely and those truths are rightly coupled with our moral/core values. If Katie Hopkins moral values are the same as her utterances regarding, lets say ginger haired people, her morals are very shallow. If she's joking and really does have some empathy with those whom she mocks, then its not truth.

Fortunately there aren't many people who use what's called the "harm principle" when talking to or about a person or we would be seeing public lynching on a mass scale.
Old 30-01-2015, 12:27 PM #30

She makes a living out of making these "negative" comments because an awful lot of people like the fact that she makes them.

A lot of comedians also state sometimes outrageously negative things to make others laugh and make a living out of it. A lot of Katie H's comments that I've seen pasted are copies of material I've seen comedians producing for ages. I'm sure she's nicked loads from Joan Rivers who scandalised many with her statements regarding Palestinians for example before Katie got in on it.

People who actually seem to know Katie H, even those in the business who have definite leftist leanings, seem to state that she is actually a very nice person beyond the money making persona.

I can't take her seriously but for me she doesn't quite have the skills to make me laugh except for her face pulling. Her popularity isn't her fault.
Tip is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:30 PM #31
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Urgh! I hate her so much that in the final i will pile up the vote for anyone who is with her. Anyone! Even Callum.
Me too Vanessa, no matter who it may be.
The one person I do not want to win this now is Katie Hopkins,even though while she has been in the house, she has held back on the vast majority of her heartless,cruel,unjust and prejudiced views and comments as to others.

Sometimes however some slip out still. Awful, horrible woman, I actually agreed with Matt Johnson on bbbts last night, she is just simply a horrible human being,
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:32 PM #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I actually agreed with Matt Johnson on bbbts last night, she is just simply a horrible human being,
Twice he said something like, "Hopkins and Parez should not win this show because of what it will say about the British public".
Old 30-01-2015, 12:41 PM #33

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pincho Paxton View Post
Speaking the truth, and working for The Sun are polar opposites.
like the tip and base of her nose!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:43 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

yes good on kh for mocking the dead and the families they left behind in her contempt for Glasgow, I mean come n, don't let a modern day tragedy get in the way of comedy gold!!
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:43 PM #35

Quote:

I can't agree, because far from "saying what she thinks all of the time", a lot of the time she says only what she thinks will score her 'brownie points' with the viewing public. Her OTT 'soliloquies' in the diary room and in the house when she was dramatically harping on about; her "public" was worthy of Shakespeare and ten times as fictitious.

Hopkins is a very quick thinker and if you watch her carefully, you can almost sense that calculating brain behind her eyes, whirring away as she is plotting in a nano-second what she is going to say next, and how she is going to react to a given situation.

Nothing about her is natural and she has no 'reflex' actions, because all is premeditated - hyper quickly I'll allow, but premeditated none the less.

Even the more controversial outbursts which secured her notoriety and fame, were precisely calculated to achieve notoriety and fame, and I do not believe that she genuinely believes even half of what she spouts - which makes her anything but honest in my book.

Yes - there is some truth in a lot of what she says, but that does not mean that she herself is 'truthful', because given her targets; claimants, the unemployed, the uneducated etc; and given her 'scatter gun' methodology, she is as bound to be correct in some of her claims as a monkey endlessly randomly pounding a typewriter is of forming some words.

She is fake, calculating, and abhorrent. Just my opinion.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 30-01-2015 at 12:44 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 12:56 PM #36

I think you are all taking this far too seriously, she is a columnist, her remarks are her own and used to be used for chip paper before the Internet happened.

There were these Wednesday witches columnists, Lynda someone, Marge Proops and another one.

They would pick on anything happening in the news and give an alternative view to stir up the readership as all publicity is good and people read the papers.

With all Katie's detractors having goes at her, they still will read about her and her opinions, a heavy readership will attract many advertisers to the paper and that is how it works.

Those castigating her are actually helping her to earn her money, if they realised.

Last edited by poppsywoppsy; 30-01-2015 at 12:56 PM.
poppsywoppsy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:00 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
the world would be an horrendous place to live if we all did that though. Think before you speak is a good rule to have imo
Can you imagine what a violent world it would be if our 'inner mind voices' projected from our heads in a cartoon style 'speech balloon', and others could see what we are actually thinking instead of what we are saying? Imagine being in town and 'Mary' - that 'friend' you try to avoid because she's a scrounger who borrows and never pays back - stops you in the street.

Mary: Speech: "Hi, Niamh, long time no see. How are you doing?

You: Speech: "Oh, hello Mary, Jeez you're looking well. It's nice to see you again."

But Speech Bubbles say:

Mary: Thought: "Oh feck there's that bitch I owe the Ł10.00 to.

Niamh: Thought: "Oh Jeez, why did I have to run into you, you ugly scrounging bitch. What are you after borrowing now."

Yep, the world would indeed be an horrendous place to live if we all did that - and a violent one.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:02 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppsywoppsy View Post
I think you are all taking this far too seriously, she is a columnist, her remarks are her own and used to be used for chip paper before the Internet happened.

There were these Wednesday witches columnists, Lynda someone, Marge Proops and another one.

They would pick on anything happening in the news and give an alternative view to stir up the readership as all publicity is good and people read the papers.

With all Katie's detractors having goes at her, they still will read about her and her opinions, a heavy readership will attract many advertisers to the paper and that is how it works.

Those castigating her are actually helping her to earn her money, if they realised.
I have never liked Katie, I have never and would never read her articles or watch any shows she's doing interviews on etc.

I completely disagree that she should ever be given any platform to air her vile opinions and was very disappointed to find out she was going to be on BB, I was at first think I'm not watching but then thought why should I stop watching something I have been a fan of since day 1 due to that foul woman.

I don't think people take her too seriously in fact I don't think some of the things she says are taken seriously enough, most don't seem to realise just how much affect these horrible opinions can have on the people they are aimed at and btw Katie Hopkins has been trolling since long before she got a column with the sun.

Last edited by Josy; 30-01-2015 at 01:02 PM.
Josy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:09 PM #39

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
And this is why i can never support her.
But you were one of the first ones in her fan club on here

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:15 PM #40

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Shane Jenek
CBB18: James Whale

Favourites (more):

If I said everything I thought I would have been banned by now Thankfully I am blessed with humour and ability to try 'not' to offend But I love banter

Katie H really needs to learn humour (of the non-offensive kind) as opposed to hate speeches on anything that pops into her small mind..
Old 30-01-2015, 01:26 PM #41

Quote:
I have lost count of the times I have noticed people saying 'Katie Hopkins is just speaking the truth' to defend her vile comments both in the house and now it seems her comments out of the house are being defended in the same way.

So my question is, why then is her just 'speaking the truth' always nasty, malicious, horrible and never a nice truth, never does she say something useful, endearing etc and claim it's just the truth?

Also when anyone tells her the truth (as they see it) her face goes pretty flushed because she can't take back what she gives out, but thats another thread.

Opinions
Whenever anyone slates Katie she takes it on the chin and says...'fair enough'

Last edited by Josy; 30-01-2015 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Removed an off topic comment
elliebrew is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:28 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliebrew View Post
Whenever anyone slates Katie she takes it on the chin and says...'fair enough'
She doesn't take it on the chin at all, her usual reaction is to start insulting people about personal things that are nothing at all to do with the discussion at hand.
Old 30-01-2015, 01:30 PM #43

Quote:
She doesn't take it on the chin at all, her usual reaction is to start insulting people about personal things that are nothing at all to do with the discussion at hand.
Seriously are you watching the same show.

She invites people to give their opinions on her. Even in the debate task.
Old 30-01-2015, 01:31 PM #44

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

im really tired of hearing people say that...clearly we are

Just because one of us has a different opinion that doesn't match yours doesn't mean were not watching it's simply.. we see things a different way

Last edited by -Sue-; 30-01-2015 at 01:32 PM.
-Sue- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:31 PM #45

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Favourites (more):
BB16: Jack
CBB15: Katie Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
But you were one of the first ones in her fan club on here
SINGE NOPE BURNT.
abhorson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2015, 01:33 PM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorson View Post
SINGE NOPE BURNT.
The truth

Old 30-01-2015, 01:33 PM #47

Quote:

Yes I am watching the same show.

Take a look at the most recent vid with her and Keith to see the perfect example of what I mean..
Old 30-01-2015, 01:38 PM #48

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

Take a look at the most recent vid with her and Keith to see the perfect example of what I mean..
I haven't watched this video yet,but if she's rude are you surprised? If she wasn't we'de all be claiming she is fake,I like Keith a lot he is one of my winners,so if he's found his mouth,good for him for telling her,it doesn't make me dislike her or him any the less,if I took umbrage over everything derogotary said about me I'de have no friends.

Old 30-01-2015, 01:39 PM #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sue- View Post
im really tired of hearing people say that...clearly we are

Just because one of us has a different opinion that doesn't match yours doesn't mean were not watching it's simply.. we see things a different way
And I'm getting hella fed up with people saying this.

Theres having your 'opinion'

And theres deliberatly leaving out FACTS to make your opinion the right one.

Im so so shocked at how many people have the rose tinted glasses on this year.

It feels like trolling
Old 30-01-2015, 01:39 PM #50

Quote:

The one where she invites him to share his opinion of her? Yer really looks like she cowers away from opinions of her Josy

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hopkins, katie, peaking, truth