Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Should the UK remain in the EU or leave?
Remain 30 54.55%
Remain
30 54.55%
Leave 18 32.73%
Leave
18 32.73%
Undecided 7 12.73%
Undecided
7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2016, 02:15 AM #901

Leave in the Lead
this paper says
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:21 PM #902

Nice Mugs
Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 PM #903

THE WONDERFULLY WARM UNITY OF THE EU BROTHERHOOD # 1:

FRENCH FARMERS HIJACK BRITISH LORRIES

A mob of 200 furious French farmers hijack a convoy of seven British lorries and throw their cargo of £200,000 worth of fish in the road as dispute over foreign food imports takes a vicious turn.

Shocking attack took place on a rural road in Brittany in north west France
200 men set up a roadblock using farm vehicles, hay bales and tyres
British lorry rivers fought back as farmers tried to seize their documents
But they couldn't protect their 140 tonne load of fish, which was scattered on the road and covered in diesel to ensure it couldn't be eaten
A mob of 200 furious French farmers have hijacked a convoy of seven British lorries and covered the £200,000 worth of fish they were transporting from the Scottish Highland in diesel.
The shocking midnight attack took place on a rural road in Brittany in the north west of the country, with farmers using agricultural vehicles, bales of hay and tyres to build a road block.

The organised French criminals then swarmed over the trucks and used forklifts to tip the fish boxes onto the road before destroying about 140 tonnes of food with diesel - leaving the innocent lorry drivers terrified that their vehicles would be set alight.

The farmers are believed to have carried out the attack in protest at their livelihoods being hit by low food prices in France, which they blame on cheap foreign imports.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ious-turn.html

EUROPEAN UNION?

WHO ARE YOU REMAIN SUPPORTERS TRYING TO KID?
________
Press The Spoiler Button to See All My Songs

Last edited by kirklancaster; 05-04-2016 at 07:26 PM.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:23 PM #904

THE WONDERFULLY WARM UNITY OF THE EU BROTHERHOOD # 2:

FURIOUS FRENCH WINE MAKERS HIJACK SPANISH TANKERS, POURING 90,000 BOTTLES OF WINE DOWN THE DRAIN.

Wine makers in southwestern France have hijacked five tankers full of Spanish wine on the border, pouring the equivalent of 90,000 bottles of red and white down the drain in protest at “unfair competition”.

Cheers erupted as around around 150 furious vintners from the Aude and Pyénées-Orientales departments unscrewed the cap on two tankers at Le Boulou, close to the Mediterranean town of Perpignan and less than ten miles from Spain, and emptied their contents onto the motorway on Monday.

Three other Spanish vehicles were allowed to leave with their tanks half empty after having the words "vin non conforme" (non-compliant wine) daubed on their sides. Local police looked on at the “social action”, while French vintners took samples to check for fraudulent wine.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...pouring-90000/

EUROPEAN UNION?

WHO ARE YOU REMAIN SUPPORTERS TRYING TO KID?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:11 AM #905

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE

23rd OCTOBER 2014 - THE FINANCIALLY STRUGGLING INEPT, CORRUPT EU, AMBUSHES THE UK GOVERNMENT WITH SURPRISE DEMAND FOR AN EXTRA £1.7 BILLION POUNDS ON TOP OF OUR MASSIVE MULTI-BILLION POUNDS ANNUAL CONTRIBUTION, BECAUSE; THE UK's ECONOMY HAS PERFORMED BETTER THAN THE OTHER AILING ECONOMIES IN EUROPE SINCE 1995, AND THEY ARROGANTLY GIVE US ONLY UNTIL 1st DECEMBER TO PAY IT.

24th OCTOBER 2014 - DAVID CAMERON SAID; "BRITAIN WILL REFUSE TO PAY A COMPLETELY UNNACCEPTABLE AMOUNT BILL OF £1.7 BILLION TO THE EUROPEAN UNION"

The Prime Minister hit out at the bill and spoke of his anger at the “appalling” way Britain has been treated by the European Commission.

He said that “it certainly doesn’t help” the chances of Britain remaining in the EU after an in-out referendum due to be held in 2017.

Thumping the table with his fist, a visibly furious Mr Cameron said: “I'm not paying that bill on December 1. It is not going to happen.”

Speaking in Brussels, Mr Cameron said: "This is completely unacceptable.
It is an unacceptable way for this organisation to work - to suddenly present a bill like this for such a vast sum of money with so little time to pay it. And it is an unacceptable way to treat one of the biggest contributors to the European Union.

"It is an appalling way to behave. I am not paying that bill on December 1. If people think I am they have got another thing coming."

6th NOVEMBER 2014 - CHANCELLOR GEORGE 'PINNOCHIO' OSBORNE CLAIMED "A FAMOUS VICTORY" IN FORCING THE EU TO ACCEPT JUST HALF OF THEIR £1.7 BILLION POUND RANSOM DEMAND

The Chancellor struck the landmark deal at a meeting of EU finance ministers in Brussels.

16th SEPTEMBER 2015- THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION CONFIRMS THAT THE UK 'QUIETLY' PAID IN FULL THE £1.7 BILLION POUNDS SURCHARGE

YOU CANNOT TRUST OUR LYING GOVERNMENT TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH ABOUT THE EU - BECAUSE IF THEY DID, YOU WOULD VOTE TO LEAVE THAT CORRUPT, FESTERING MESS - AND THEY WANT TO REMAIN IN BECAUSE THEY PROFIT BY OUR MEMBERSHIP AT YOUR EXPENSE.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 06-04-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:01 AM #906
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

We all know what has gone in as to the past in the EU, old stories are not the,in my view, good basis to build up any anti EU info on.
We know we pay too much, I say we paytoo much too,although it is only approx £9billion nett not a really massive sum as to our economy's standards.

Too much in my view definitely but it is all well and good harping on about past issues but what people need to be told is the real, even approximate, nett costs of all trade deals costs, tariffs and all other conditions with the EU and indeed other Nations once out.

Going back to 2014 and presenting just anti EU rhetoric over and over again with no real answers to the questions as to out on costings, can only leave the undecided with the suspicion that a) the out organisations 'cannot' detail the approximate nett costs and conditions of all deals once out,which is really bad when the issue is so important, or 2) that they 'will not' perhaps because those costs and conditions could be worse than what is in place now,and they should be a worrying thought for anyone voting in this referendum.

Either scenario is and should be bad for the out organisations if they fail to really detail an spell out those things rather than dig up old anti EU rhetoric wile avoiding all the time those costs and conditions once out issues.

It is now that is important and the future,not what has gone on as to the past decades as to the EU that out govts of both parties have subscribed to over those decades.
However, all they have subscribed to as to the EU has still left us to be a successful Nation.

In the full absence of real and detailed nett costings to the alternative to being in, then again I state,things could be likely only be worse and the only real answer we have at present it seems for me personally at any rate,from 'all' out organisations and the media is that things are very unlikely to be certain,secure or better once out since they have no figures of any real detail or substantiation to present at all.

I will possibly be got at for repeating a bit of myself again but since all I am seeing as to being out is old stories and the only negative statistics as to anti EU rhetoric with nothing being accepted as being beneficial from the EU,then sometimes it becomes necessary to balance things and drag things back to the now and the future of the UK not the past.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-04-2016 at 04:00 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:59 PM #907

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

I fear the country will waste this one opportunity to finally get out due to the ridiculous project fear campaign and will live to regret it as the EU's grip gets tighter and tighter.I guess that the majority of the country don't have the balls to make a stand.We will all just carry on tagging along behind like the good little sheep we are.
Let's all get our welcome matts cleaned and put out ready for the future....Turks and Terrorism

Last edited by Northern Monkey; 06-04-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 04:07 PM #908
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
I fear the country will waste this one opportunity to finally get out due to the ridiculous project fear campaign and will live to regret it as the EU's grip gets tighter and tighter.I guess that the majority of the country don't have the balls to make a stand.We will all just carry on tagging along behind like the good little sheep we are.
Let's all get our welcome matts cleaned and put out ready for the future....Turks and Terrorism
And there's no fear perpetuated by camp brexit...Turks and Terrorism?

I would put the welcome mats down but they're all currently being licked clean for the Chinese.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:13 PM #909

EU ACCUSED OF GROSS FINANCIAL 'MISMANAGEMENT' AS AUDITORS DISCOVER A £259 BILLION POUNDS 'BLACK HOLE' IN THE EUROPEAN BUDGET

AND THE UK IS BEING FORCED UNDER EU LAWS TO PAY AN EXTRA £34 BILLION POUNDS TO THE EU TO HELP REPLACE THE MISSING MONEY - EVEN THOUGH IT HAS GOT FECK ALL TO DO WITH US

WHAT MAKES IT MORE ANNOYING - AND IS SO UNBELIEVABLE - IS THAT THIS IS THE 18TH YEAR IN A ROW THAT THE EUROPEAN COURT OF AUDITORS HAVE REFUSED TO SIGN OFF THE EU's ACCOUNTS BECAUSE OF 'GROSS IRREGULARITIES'.

18 YEARS OF IRREGULAR ACCOUNTING AND THE EU IS STILL WASTING BILLIONS

The Court of Auditors said billions of euros were handed out without proper checks, and errors are on the rise including;

A farmer paid for 150 sheep which did not exist and 200,000 Euros to a 'Fruit Laboratory' which turned out to be just a house.

Errors now account for 3.9 per cent of the 130billion euro budget

THE CORRUPT, INEFFICIENT EU HAS WASTED YOUR MONEY AND WILL CONTINUE TO WASTE IT

Old 07-04-2016, 08:38 AM #910

Old 07-04-2016, 09:52 AM #911
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

A good smaller example of how our elected govts of any party waste taxpayers money, which is why I believe any fee to the EU that we save,after all the costs and tariffs that would be imposed in any deal with the EU,(even if there was very much left of it in fact at all), would be virtually squandered too by elected govts in other ways.

This cost in my opinion is ludicrous for this pamphlet, what the people who have to decide in or out need, is a publication that spells out what he have, what we give and what we get from the EU.
Also the future plans of the UK to work for reform of the EU and how it should be shaped fro the future.

Alongside that same publication and what should have even been part of it should have been the pros of leaving too, with the full costings and conditions likewise included and also a clear message of what we can control,such as can we really refuse, (to get a good trading deal with the EU), to allow the free movement of EU citizens to the UK.
(I would say with as much certainty as I can, no we could not get such a deal if we leave).

We needed to see the plus and minus and pros and cons of both sides, alongside each other, done by an independent source,not borne out from the presentations of only pro EU from the in side and the anti EU rhetoric,with no factual costings, from the out organisations.
That is what taxpayers money should have been spent on,this 'pamphlet',whatever it contains will not in my view help many undecided,who already are getting from the out organisations that it is lies, however while it will not in any way all be lies,they do have a right to be angry about it and its issue.

This debate, never needed to go down the road it is by the govt and media,it should have been simple case of spelling out the problems with the EU, showing how successful the UK has been while in the EU.
Then alongside all that, the right vision of being out from the opposing side with the full details of what that would actually cost and what conditions we would be able to in fact, not hopefully, get rid of, that we currently have as to the EU.

If all any undecided voter is going to get from grown up adults who are connected to the EU and to the UK govt, is that the in camp are scaremongering/lying and the out camp are scaremongering/lying too on a regular tit for tat basis, then debate is impossible and I cannot see how anyone really undecided is being helped at all.
No mater what way they are leaning as to the issue.

It is really shocking, to say the least the way both organisations are playing this so far,a massive disservice to the undecided and in fact already decided voters as to this referendum.

I along with others said ages ago, there could never be a reasoned debate on the EU which is why the referendum was a dangerous move to make.
Whatever the result of the referendum will turn out to be, 'in' or 'out', it will not be because of any likely real informed electorate voting in it after this pathetic campaigning from both sides,, which is,in my opinion,a betrayal of those people needing real answers with substantiated vision and facts as to both sides too.
Old 07-04-2016, 09:56 AM #912
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

That is actually disgusting that tax payers money is used to fund the in campaign, I had the out leaflet through the door the other day, who paid for that?
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:05 AM #913
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
That is actually disgusting that tax payers money is used to fund the in campaign, I had the out leaflet through the door the other day, who paid for that?
Both organisations are going to get taxpayers funds to pay for the campaign,the decision has not yet been made who gets the official out campaign lead.

Govts only have taxpayers money,really no one elses can be used as to either side as limits are imposed on what can and should be spent.

It is always taxpayers that have to foot the bill on these things, it is another reason why I was against the referendum.
It is actually why I would have agreed with Margaret Thatcher that referenda is a failure of govt, we elect govts to make decisions.

However since referenda is becoming a near norm, there are many other things I would like to see asked of the UK voters.
A govt held referendum however will have to be covered by the main presenters of sides in it with most and near all costs more than likely coming from taxpayers.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-04-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:18 AM #914
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Both organisations are going to get taxpayers funds to pay for the campaign,the decision has not yet been made who gets the official out campaign lead.

Govts only have taxpayers money,really no one elses can be used as to either side as limits are imposed on what can and should be spent.

It is always taxpayers that have to foot the bill on these things, it is another reason why I was against the referendum.
It is actually why I would have agreed with Margaret Thatcher that referenda is a failure of govt, we elect govts to make decisions.

However since referenda is becoming a near norm, there are many other things I would like to see asked of the UK voters.
A govt held referendum however will have to be covered by the main presenters of sides in it with most and near all costs more than likely coming from taxpayers.

The headline is misleading in the Telegraoh as it implies the tax payer is funding the In leaflet only
Old 07-04-2016, 10:24 AM #915
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
The headline is misleading in the Telegraoh as it implies the tax payer is funding the In leaflet only
Why are you so surprised? That's our wonderful unbiased media.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:25 AM #916
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
This 'in' pamphlet is the only official thing out in the main at present, and at present we don't even know who the powers that be will be selecting from all the 'out' organisations to be the one to get their backing for the campaign.
I think this is an obscene amount on money to have been used on this pamphlet and wrong too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-04-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-04-2016, 10:29 AM #917
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
This 'in' pamphlet is the only official thing out in the main at present, and at present we don't even know who the powers that be will be selecting from all the 'out' organisations to be the one to get their backing for the campaign.
I think this is an obscene amount on money to have been used on this pamphlet and wrong too.

Oh okay i got an "out" one the other day so assumed that was official
Old 07-04-2016, 10:30 AM #918
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Why are you so surprised? That's our wonderful unbiased media.
Because I have had an "out" leaflet which I assumed was their official one but it seems not
Old 07-04-2016, 11:02 AM #919

Quote:
NO Cherie - it is NOT the headline which is misleading you.

The REAL truth Cherie, is that this is just one more DISGUSTING and BRAZEN example of Dave Cameron's utter dishonesty and duplicity when it comes to the EU.

Cameron has used tax-payers money to fund this leaflet of lies AGAINST OFFICIAL policy and EXTRA to any EQUAL funds agreed for both the ''IN' and 'OUT' campaigns.

The official policy is that, both the 'Leave' and 'Remain' campaigns will receive the same amount of public funding to issue their own leaflets to voters during the campaign proper, and will get a page each in a further leaflet which the Electoral Commission watchdog will send to every household, and that there will be a MAXIMUM £7 million pounds limit which each 'camp' will be allowed to spend on their campaigns in the last 10 weeks of the referendum campaign.

The £10 million pounds which the tax-payers of this country are paying for this illicit pro-EU leaflet ALREADY BREECHES that £7 million pound limit, but the Cameron does not give a hoot.

The great irony is that the GREAT MAJORITY of tax-payers in this country DO NOT WANT to be in the EU, but their hard earned taxes are being illicitly used by a corrupt government to pay for a glossy brochure PROMOTING THE 'REMAIN' IN THE EU CAUSE.

Talk about 'Rubbing Our Faces In It'.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:05 AM #920
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

The REAL truth Cherie, is that this is just one more DISGUSTING and BRAZEN example of Dave Cameron's utter dishonesty and duplicity when it comes to the EU.

Cameron has used tax-payers money to fund this leaflet of lies AGAINST OFFICIAL policy and EXTRA to any EQUAL funds agreed for both the ''IN' and 'OUT' campaigns.

The official policy is that, both the 'Leave' and 'Remain' campaigns will receive the same amount of public funding to issue their own leaflets to voters during the campaign proper, and will get a page each in a further leaflet which the Electoral Commission watchdog will send to every household, and that there will be a MAXIMUM £7 million pounds limit which each 'camp' will be allowed to spend on their campaigns in the last 10 weeks of the referendum campaign.

The £10 million pounds which the tax-payers of this country are paying for this illicit pro-EU leaflet ALREADY BREECHES that £7 million pound limit, but the Cameron does not give a hoot.

The great irony is that the GREAT MAJORITY of tax-payers in this country DO NOT WANT to be in the EU, but their hard earned taxes are being illicitly used by a corrupt government to pay for a glossy brochure PROMOTING THE 'REMAIN' IN THE EU CAUSE.

Okay well that makes more sense thanks Kirk
Old 07-04-2016, 11:17 AM #921

No prob Cherie.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:21 AM #922

RAIL UNION URGES ITS MEMBERS TO VOTE TO LEAVE THE EU

The Rail, Maritime and Transport (RMT) union says Brexit would stop "attacks" on trade unions and protect jobs and wages.

It also claims new EU policies would entrench rail privatisation and make it impossible to renationalise services in the future.

General secretary Mick Cash said the EU 'attacks' democracy and made austerity measures worse in the UK.

He said: "RMT is proud to stand up for the tradition of progressive and socialist opposition to the European Union, an organisation wedded to privatisation, austerity and attacking democracy.

"It would be frankly ludicrous for a union like ours to support staying in a bosses' club that seeks to ban the public ownership of our railways, attacks the shipping and offshore sectors and embraces the privatisation of the NHS and other essential services that our members depend on."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/658...european-union

Old 07-04-2016, 11:36 AM #923
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post

Is there a link to this article please?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:43 AM #924

VICTORY! - DUTCH 'PEOPLE POWER' CRUSHES EXPANSIONIST BRUSSELS..... AND BREXIT WILL BE NEXT

THE DUTCH people have delivered a devastating blow to the whole European Union project and handed a huge boost to Brexit campaigners by sinking a Brussels plot to expand further into Eastern Europe.

Dutch voters are heading to the polls in a landmark referendum on the EU

In a stunning rebuke to the European elite, voters in the Netherlands have overwhelmingly rejected a plan by EU bureaucrats to bring Ukraine into the bloc’s sphere of influence.

The final count showed a whopping 61.1% of the Dutch people voted to block the deal, compared to just 38.1% who want it to go ahead.

Their verdict is a crushing blow for the entire federalist project, with the referendum effectively acting as a barometer for anti-EU feeling in the country.

One prominent Dutch politician tonight said that the result is a victory for democracy, and predicted it will be followed by Britain voting to leave the Brussels regime this summer.

The final turnout stood at 32.2% meaning the referendum is valid in Dutch law.

At least 30% of the population needed to take part in the vote for it to be classed as valid, which had left campaigners facing a tense wait for confirmation.

The stunning result was tonight welcomed by Brexit campaigners who said it was a stunning condemnation of the EU's expansionist dreams.

Leave.EU spokesman Brian Monteith said: "The Dutch result is a stunning condemnation of the European Union's willingness to extend its borders, put international relationships at risk and offer visa free travel to another 44 million people from a war-torn country.

"This humiliating rejection of the Ukraine agreement demonstrates that people don't have to support the EU and its expansionist agenda to feel European. Nobody could accuse the Dutch of not being good Europeans but they have no willingness to open their borders to more migrants and pick up the tab for Ukraine's problems just like most UK voters.

"This result gives the British people the signal that it is moderate and normal to reject the EU and stand up for what's in our country's best interests. The sun is now setting on the European Union."

Old 07-04-2016, 11:56 AM #925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Is there a link to this article please?
I usually abridge from several KIzzy - but I think this is the link for that particular post.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...ssels-leaflets

You are aware that Cameron's critics are accusing him of using this as a 'smokescreen' to divert public attention away from 'Panamagate'?

Last edited by kirklancaster; 07-04-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
2016, 23rd, brexit, eu, june, opera, referendum, soap