Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 25-04-2015, 03:38 PM #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
Why on earth would he do that?... how would that highlight the plight of those in need of foodbanks, or taking in 20 homeless help the other 100s?

I personally think he's done more to highlight social and political issues and made people question just what we're spoonfed by the media, I'm sure other younger inquiring minds will too and that can only be a good thing.

Will you be going to see 'The emperors new clothes' by any chance?
Why would I do that? This video clip was more than enough fake twaddle from prize hypocrite Brand:

I saw a short clip of him a while ago and actually started to warm to him because he seemed sincere in what he was saying, but this crap has just put me right back to my original appraisal of him that he is an insignificant, egotistical prat who spouts shallow bollox and does not make sense.

"In a way Armageddon is coming ... For the individual" -- WTF does that mean? It's just meaningless twaddle.

He neither knows The Bible, nor understands the ramifications of total nuclear war for the idiot to believe that 'Armageddon' - in either context - will be an 'individual' experience.

I noticed as well that the only message Brand did not read out in its entirety was the pro UKIP one from Mikeys4U who reasoned with him to "Try looking at the policies and not the people behind them" which he neither read nor dealt with but flashed past at the speed of sound while the message image - unlike the others - disappeared just as quickly.

Instead of addressing the points Mikeys4U made, Brand produces more rhetoric, like a rabbit from a magicians hat, and drones about "Blaming vulnerable people for problems created by powerful people" which is yet more meaningless 'New World Order' twaddle, because no one is blaming 'vulnerable people' for the very evident, irrefutable corruption and Machiavellian crimes of the 'powers that be'.

However, without actually verbalising that he means 'UKIP blaming immigration' Brand links in to a clip of the now hackneyed 'Cassetteboy's 'Emperor's New Clothes Rap'.

But I challenge anyone, anywhere, to PROVE to me; that any UKIP spokesperson has ever blamed ALL this country's problems on immigration.

Our 'Open Door' Immigration policy is creating many new problems (some of which have yet to fully materialise) and increasing many of our existing ones, but it is not THE cause of all our problems and NO UKIP politician or spokesperson has ever claimed otherwise.

I have written a new version of Cassetteboy's rap especially for Brand. Altogether now, come on, sing along:

Kirkboy's - 'The Nonentity's New Career Choice Crap'

Want a massive platform? Get a congregation.
Wanna be adored? Bull**** a gullible Nation.
Wanna stay employed? Cause consternation.
Wanna obscure your ignorance? Use oral defecation.
Wanna fecking emigrate Brand? Kirk'll drive you to the station.

When it comes to our Society and Democracy, Brand has the same ethos as the evil lunatic terrorists who destroyed the irreplaceable ancient artefacts at Mosul and decimated the ancient Assyrian archaeological site of Nimrud in Iraq - "tear it down because it does not fit in with our ideologies"

And when it comes to some of the immigrants whose cause he so fervently champions, Brand is just as infuriatingly hypocritical; Scream and Rail against our system whilst enjoying its benefits, and the Democratic Freedom it affords to scream and rail in the first place.

All in all - a First Class Prick so deserving of a First Class One Way Ticket To Palookaville - or Syria or fecking anywhere but the UK which he seems to detest so much:

What a world, (what a world) what a place, (what a place)
Ain't you glad you're a member of the human race.

Now False Prophet Brand came back from the USA
To sing at the Albert Hall,
He sang his songs of protest
And fairer shares for all.
He sang how the poor were much too poor
And the rich too rich by far,
Then he drove back to his penthouse
In his brand new Rolls Royce car.
kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 03:39 PM #52
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I saw a short clip of him a while ago and actually started to warm to him because he seemed sincere in what he was saying, but this crap has just put me right back to my original appraisal of him that he is an insignificant, egotistical prat who spouts shallow bollox and does not make sense.

"In a way Armageddon is coming ... For the individual" -- WTF does that mean? It's just meaningless twaddle.

He neither knows The Bible, nor understands the ramifications of total nuclear war for the idiot to believe that 'Armageddon' - in either context - will be an 'individual' experience.

I noticed as well that the only message Brand did not read out in its entirety was the pro UKIP one from Mikeys4U who reasoned with him to "Try looking at the policies and not the people behind them" which he neither read nor dealt with but flashed past at the speed of sound while the message image - unlike the others - disappeared just as quickly.

Instead of addressing the points Mikeys4U made, Brand produces more rhetoric, like a rabbit from a magicians hat, and drones about "Blaming vulnerable people for problems created by powerful people" which is yet more meaningless 'New World Order' twaddle, because no one is blaming 'vulnerable people' for the very evident, irrefutable corruption and Machiavellian crimes of the 'powers that be'.

However, without actually verbalising that he means 'UKIP blaming immigration' Brand links in to a clip of the now hackneyed 'Cassetteboy's 'Emperor's New Clothes Rap'.

But I challenge anyone, anywhere, to PROVE to me; that any UKIP spokesperson has ever blamed ALL this country's problems on immigration.

Our 'Open Door' Immigration policy is creating many new problems (some of which have yet to fully materialise) and increasing many of our existing ones, but it is not THE cause of all our problems and NO UKIP politician or spokesperson has ever claimed otherwise.

I have written a new version of Cassetteboy's rap especially for Brand. Altogether now, come on, sing along:

When it comes to our Society and Democracy, Brand has the same ethos as the evil lunatic terrorists who destroyed the irreplaceable ancient artefacts at Mosul and decimated the ancient Assyrian archaeological site of Nimrud in Iraq - "tear it down because it does not fit in with our ideologies"

And when it comes to some of the immigrants whose cause he so fervently champions, Brand is just as infuriatingly hypocritical; Scream and Rail against our system whilst enjoying its benefits, and the Democratic Freedom it affords to scream and rail in the first place.

All in all - a First Class Prick so deserving of a First Class One Way Ticket To Palookaville - or Syria or fecking anywhere but the UK which he seems to detest so much:

Quote:
Why would I do that? This video clip was more than enough fake twaddle from prize hypocrite Brand:

This is basically a copy/paste job from another post in this thread
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-04-2015, 03:41 PM #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
This is basically a copy/paste job from another post in this thread
Just saves me repeating myself - The Guy talks crap and that video clip PROVES it.
Old 25-04-2015, 03:42 PM #54
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Any comment on the deregulation of the banks or anything relevant to the points raised in the vid?
Old 25-04-2015, 10:51 PM #55

Quote:
Any comment on the deregulation of the banks or anything relevant to the points raised in the vid?
Yeah, Kiz - you list the definite points made in the vid, and I will be glad to comment in addition to the comments I have already made, but - seriously - I really DON'T understand just WHAT Brand is saying.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:02 PM #56
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

I'm not listing anything, l'm not that desperate for your input.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:17 PM #57

Quote:
I'm not listing anything, l'm not that desperate for your input.
YOU ask ME the question below:

"Any comment on the deregulation of the banks or anything relevant to the points raised in the vid?"

And I answer you politely that I will be glad to comment as you request, but reasonably ask you to first list the 'points' YOU refer to as "being raised in the vid" because I have watched the vid 5 times, but still cannot determine WHAT points Brand is "raising".

Your answer in a 'Serious Debate'? "I'm not listing anything, l'm not that desperate for your input".

Your posts are self contradictory and inconsistent Kizzy. And - once again - a tangible degree of aggression and abruptness is creeping into your posts.

I do not believe - that when questioned - ANY of Brand's 'followers know what the hell he is talking about either - The man is a moron.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 25-04-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 25-04-2015, 11:33 PM #58
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

If I was asking you directly I would've quoted you.
Old 26-04-2015, 07:30 AM #59

Quote:
If I was asking you directly I would've quoted you.
Really Kizzy? Come off it. It is transparently obvious to anyone reading through this thread that you were ADDRESSING ME and ASKING ME the questions in post.

You hardly EVER quote anyone in your response posts, but the specifics of your responses incontrovertibly IDENTIFY just WHO EACH of those individual responses is aimed at:

1) LT POSTS: "Not kizzy making a covert Thirst thread?"

A) YOU RESPOND WITHOUT QUOTING: "You're only jelly cos he looks sexy with his hair pushed back and you don't. Do you have a little voice LT?"

Pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

2) HELEN POSTS: "This bloke ? has to be without doubt one of the most stupid and dangerous idiots ever to breathe."

B) YOU POST WITHOUT QUOTING: "Dangerous... How so?"

3) HELEN QUOTES YOUAND RESPONDS: "Just 2 spring to mind, - encouraging drug use and telling young people not to vote."

C) YOU POST WITHOUT QUOTING: "How is being an ex addict and consciously avoiding drugs advocating their use? Lots of young people don't vote it's not particularly dangerous, telling young people to vote tory that's dangerous!...oops!"

4) I POST: "When it comes to our Society and Democracy, Brand has the same ethos as the evil lunatic terrorists who destroyed the irreplaceable ancient artefacts at Mosul and decimated the ancient Assyrian archaeological site of Nimrud in Iraq - "tear it down because it does not fit in with our ideologies"

D) YOU POST WITHOUT QUOTING: "I don't feel he wants to destroy anything, revolutionise yes, which in politics speak is akin to reform and they are not adverse to that."

No one else had mentioned Brand 'Tearing down and destroying' anything, so it is pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

5) HELEN QUOTES YOU AND POSTS: "Although I cannot go into details because of my employers relationship with a few individuals all I'll say is this : Russell Brand doesn't always tell the truth or the full story."

E) YOU RESPOND WITHOUT QUOTING: "That's a rather cryptic message."

Now, no one else had written any cryptic posts, so it is pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

6) KAZ POSTE "I used to dislike RB so much when he did BBLB,I then started to warm to him,but just lately I am back to square one with him,he seems to be looking for anyway to gain fame again.I can't be arsed with him."

F) YOU POSTED WITHOUT QUOTING: "He's not doing a very good job then seeing as we only ever see him on youtube now and most people hate him."

As no one else mentioned Brand trying anyway to gain fame again, it is pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

7) I POSTED SPECIFICALLY ABOUT BRAND'S EXPENSIVE RENTED FLAT: "Millionaire comedian and former Mr Katy Perry, Russell Brand pays thousands a month to his tax-exile landlords despite campaigning against rocketing rent prices. Russell Brand called Channel 4 reporter 'snide' after asking about his rent"

G) YOU POSTED WITHOUT QUOTING: "Consider C4 reporter Paraic O’Brien turning up to a Brand-supported, Downing Street-set protest objecting to a group of single mums being turfed out of their homes by the UK’s richest MP and asking Brand, “What kind of rent are you paying?”.

Now, as no one else mentioned Brand's expensive rented flat, it is pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

8) ARISTA POSTS A FRONT PAGE OF THE SUN WITH AN ARTICLE ABOUT BRAND'S HYPOCRISY IN PAYING RENT TO A TAX-DODGING LANDLORD.

H) YOU POST WITHOUT QUOTING: "How would he be aware of his landlords tax status?"

As no one else posted anything about Brand and his landlord's 'Tax Status',it is pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

9) I POSTED A LONG ARTICLE DEBUNKING BRAND AS A PHONEY.

I) YOU POST WITHOUT QUOTING: "Any comment on the deregulation of the banks or anything relevant to the points raised in the vid?"

Now, you had already responded to every previous post and no one else posted anything derogatory about Brand since except me, so there can be no doubt that - despite again, not quoting anyone - you were responding and addressing your questions SPECIFICALLY to me.

10) I QUOTED YOU AND POSTE "Yeah, Kiz - you list the definite points made in the vid, and I will be glad to comment in addition to the comments I have already made, but - seriously - I really DON'T understand just WHAT Brand is saying."

I)YOU POST (quite impolitely) WITHOUT QUOTING: "I'm not listing anything, l'm not that desperate for your input."

it is pretty obvious there who you were addressing.

Because it is so easy for ANYONE to quickly check back over a thread, it is more than a little foolish to state that: "If I was asking you directly I would've quoted you" as if that was your Modus Operandi - something which you habitually do - when in fact it is the Polar Opposite.

It is a fact, that out of 18 responses you made to other posts on this thread, you only DIRECTLY identified WHO your response was addressed to a total ,of 4 times - hardly corroborative of your statement to me is it?

If you do not want to continue a debate then do not ask questions of me, receive a polite response, then - quite impolitely - tell me; "I'm not listing anything, l'm not that desperate for your input." when the truth is that you don't want to answer because YOU CAN'T ANSWER -- YOU DO NOT KNOW YOURSELF what the hell idiot Brand is talking about.

I am not falling out with you Kiz just pointing out that there's no need to take umbrage and inject impoliteness, edge, and curtness into your responses to my posts just because I pose a perfectly valid and reasonable question for which you - obviously - have no answer.

Yes, this a detailed and serious response, because - the odd interjection of humorous light relief aside - this is a serious topic on a Serious Debate forum, and that being so, and in light of recent censure and advice by the Moderators concerning our conduct on these threads, then telling 'porkies' and 'deflection' is NOT conducive to intelligent, reasoned, and orderly debate.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 26-04-2015 at 07:34 AM.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:26 AM #60
-

-

The visceral reactions - the tone of the responses - to this, say more than the content of any of the posts by orders of magnitude. I'll keep my basic response relatively short as I can see this thread being "cleansed" (also the reason I am not quoting anyone) :

I think Brand is brilliant, in the true sense of the word. I think he is a confused, frustrated genius who struggles to water-down what he has to say enough to make it suitable for consumption by a general public who don't already instinctually "feel" the world that he describes, and when he talks there's a certain element of it being a relentless thought process that he is simply sharing. I agree with almost everything he has to say.

A note to kirk: consider, please, that just because you personally are confused by or don't understand what he is saying, does not mean that it is objectively confusing or incomprehensible. You are not the benchmark by which the clarity of thoughts or opinions are measured. For example, the meaning of "an armageddon for the individual" is perfectly clear to me without any further explanation. I can't break it down and explain it in a way that you will understand - no one here can - it's either the sort of concept that you just think "yes, absolutely" as soon as you hear it or its one that you will likely never understand.

I guess Brand's only major fault, then, is "preaching to the choir" - the people who hear him speak and understand his message perfectly are those who already agree with and understand that message.

That's not necessarily a problem. Watching his videos and just gaining the knowledge that other people out there do see things the same way you do, understand the world as you understand it, can be quite comforting. I guess something like "the trews" is sort of like a sermon, in that respect. He often comes out with things that succinctly express ideas that are already in my head as a jumble of static and random thoughts. One liners that I hear and think "YES! That's it! That's what I've been trying to express!".

His use of language can be convoluted and obscure but IMO his videos are for those people as I described above, and not for those like yourself, who wouldn't understand what he has to say no matter how it was phrased.

That's not to insult your intelligence or a skills of comprehension. In the past you've struggled to understand things I've said on here or completely misunderstood them when other members have found it to be perfectly clear. Likewise, you yourself have expressed the same feeling of being misunderstood when you feel you are being clear. We each just have a completely different set of beliefs.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 26-04-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 08:26 AM #61
-

-

"keeping it short" didn't work out so well for me . Ffs.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:44 AM #62

Quote:
"keeping it short" didn't work out so well for me . Ffs.
Yep you didnt do so well on that score but it was a great post.
Im taking a backseat on this one.
I just find it really interesting how obviously threatened by him some people are. The scramble by such similarly aligned members of the public to not only state how they dont agree with him but to attack his philosophy's so viscously is hilarious to me.
He talks a lot of sense and in the process exposes a lot of other peoples thought processes too which i like.

Last edited by billy123; 26-04-2015 at 09:27 AM.
billy123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 09:53 AM #63

Quote:
The visceral reactions - the tone of the responses - to this, say more than the content of any of the posts by orders of magnitude. I'll keep my basic response relatively short as I can see this thread being "cleansed" (also the reason I am not quoting anyone) :

I think Brand is brilliant, in the true sense of the word. I think he is a confused, frustrated genius who struggles to water-down what he has to say enough to make it suitable for consumption by a general public who don't already instinctually "feel" the world that he describes, and when he talks there's a certain element of it being a relentless thought process that he is simply sharing. I agree with almost everything he has to say.

A note to kirk: consider, please, that just because you personally are confused by or don't understand what he is saying, does not mean that it is objectively confusing or incomprehensible. You are not the benchmark by which the clarity of thoughts or opinions are measured. For example, the meaning of "an armageddon for the individual" is perfectly clear to me without any further explanation. I can't break it down and explain it in a way that you will understand - no one here can - it's either the sort of concept that you just think "yes, absolutely" as soon as you hear it or its one that you will likely never understand.

I guess Brand's only major fault, then, is "preaching to the choir" - the people who hear him speak and understand his message perfectly are those who already agree with and understand that message.

That's not necessarily a problem. Watching his videos and just gaining the knowledge that other people out there do see things the same way you do, understand the world as you understand it, can be quite comforting. I guess something like "the trews" is sort of like a sermon, in that respect. He often comes out with things that succinctly express ideas that are already in my head as a jumble of static and random thoughts. One liners that I hear and think "YES! That's it! That's what I've been trying to express!".

His use of language can be convoluted and obscure but IMO his videos are for those people as I described above, and not for those like yourself, who wouldn't understand what he has to say no matter how it was phrased.

That's not to insult your intelligence or a skills of comprehension. In the past you've struggled to understand things I've said on here or completely misunderstood them when other members have found it to be perfectly clear. Likewise, you yourself have expressed the same feeling of being misunderstood when you feel you are being clear. We each just have a completely different set of beliefs.
There really is no need to 'patronise' me TS, or belittle my intelligence, 'listening comprehension' or ability to rationalise - no matter how 'nicely' you dress it up and I find your comment that: "His use of language can be convoluted and obscure but IMO his videos are for those people as I described above, and not for those like yourself, who wouldn't understand what he has to say no matter how it was phrased." highly insulting.

When I said that I did not understand what Brand was trying to say, I was being rhetorical - not confused. I do not understand what Brand is saying because he is saying NOTHING rational and everything which I have read of what he has written and everything which I have heard him say is random and confused, or when he has been more lucid he is merely regurgitating ideas which have been around for decades and which have been expressed by far superior intellects than his and with more clarity and fluidity.

Brand has not reinvented the wheel.

Perhaps you would like to respond to me and tell me exactly what Brand stands for?

That's not such a difficult or unreasonable question is it?

As for your jibe; "You are not the benchmark by which the clarity of thoughts or opinions are measured" you are WRONG, because I AM indeed the benchmark by which I personally measure others clarity of thoughts and opinions. How can I not be?

My senses PERCEIVE and my brain PROCESSES those perception and in a nano-second BS is ascertained and classified as BS, and I express my opinion of what data my brain has just processed, accordingly.

Do you perceive and experience something but absolutely REFRAIN from posting an OPINION because it is YOUR opinion only, and not THE BENCHMARK which ALL others will AGREE with?

I NEVER professed to BE "THE BENCHMARK by which the clarity of thoughts or opinions OF ALL OTHERS is measured" so your comment is meaningless really, but useful nonetheless to help me understand why you UNDERSTAND what moron Brand is saying in his garbled preaching.

Your post even starts off with two contradictions TS:

"I'll keep my basic response relatively short as I can see this thread being "cleansed" (also the reason I am not quoting anyone)"

Because your post is not only NOT "relatively short" (as you admit in a follow up post) but you actually repeatedly indirectly QUOTE me as shown by the text which I have emboldened (which you do NOT admit in your follow up post).

I have my opinion of Brand as you have yours, but whereas in my lengthy post discrediting him, I actually gave reasons and used facts to support my contentions, the Brand supporters on here have thus far failed to reciprocate in their attacks on my posts and in their defence of their hero.

Instead, where I write in criticism of Brand's guff: "In a way Armageddon is coming ... For the individual" -- WTF does that mean? It's just meaningless twaddle. He neither knows The Bible, nor understands the ramifications of total nuclear war for the idiot to believe that 'Armageddon' - in either context - will be an 'individual' experience."

Your response is: "For example, the meaning of "an armageddon for the individual" is perfectly clear to me without any further explanation. I can't break it down and explain it in a way that you will understand - no one here can - it's either the sort of concept that you just think "yes, absolutely" as soon as you hear it or its one that you will likely never understand."

The above is the same deflection drivel which other Brand supporters on here have used. Do not shirk from giving an answer which you cannot give by claiming that to do so would be futile because I would not understand it.

I have no such fears concerning my intellectual capacities, so humour me and post your explanation of just how Biblical 'Armageddon' or actual 'Nuclear' can be an 'individual' experience as motor-mouth Brand, The 'Urban Messiah' proclaims.

Incorporate it in a post which also includes a synopsis of what Brand IS SAYING (write it in Pigeon English if you like to assist me in comprehending it) and I will duly respond.

We are not heated, we are not being personal - just debating.
Old 26-04-2015, 10:03 AM #64
-

-

I specifically said that I'm not commenting on your intelligence - you can't understand what he is saying because you have completely different political and philosophical ideologies. That isn't an insult.

The armageddon he refers to is neither biblical nor nuclear but metaphorical. I'm not entirely sure where to go from that without knowing exactly what about it you don't understand. From my perspective and experience of you kirk, you are very sure of your opinions and philosophies, your place in the world, and humanity's place in the universe. You have strong and unshakeable personal opinions and a solid faith in Christianity. These are not negatives, I'm sure in many scenarios they are hugely beneficial. But they mean that you will simply never understand a concept like an individual apocalypse of the "self". You have a belief set and personality type that will never experience such.
Old 26-04-2015, 10:04 AM #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnot View Post
Yep you didnt do so well on that score but it was a great post.
Im taking a backseat on this one.
I just find it really interesting how obviously threatened by him some people are. The scramble by such similarly aligned members of the public to not only state how they dont agree with him but to attack his philosophy's so viscously is hilarious to me.
He talks a lot of sense and in the process exposes a lot of other peoples thought processes too which i like.
I am not threatened by him at all Bob, and before I can 'attack his philosophy' he has to lucidly state just what his philosophy is.

At present he jumps like a firecracker through one philosophy after another, through others ideas and theories (some decades old) absorbing titbits and regurgitating them in a chaotic vomit.

For all that, my GREATEST problem with Brand is that I believe he is on a personal crusade - not to put the world's (admittedly numerous) faults right as he claims - but to regain the spotlight, extend his time in it, and deify himself into the bargain.

Just my opinion.
Old 26-04-2015, 10:36 AM #66
-

-

Quote:

At present he jumps like a firecracker through one philosophy after another, through others ideas and theories (some decades old) absorbing titbits and regurgitating them in a chaotic vomit.
I actually think this is 100% accurate we just disagree on our conclusions . For me, you see, existence IS "chaotic vomit". That's literally the best way I've ever heard it described and something I've never managed to sum up so succinctly before! So yes. A firecracker, a mad cacophony of random, but always well intentioned, existentialist thought and "chaotic vomit". And it's more honest than any philosophy that claims to stoically have the answers. THAT is nonsense. THAT is true madness. His videos are of someone with a hugely active mind trying desperately to make sense out of a senseless universe and it is for me absolutely brilliant to watch.

I understand that for someone who has more solid beliefs about the nature of existence it makes no sense. It's not a problem. Or it shouldn't be. I don't understand why it would make anyone angry.
Old 26-04-2015, 11:03 AM #67
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
I actually think this is 100% accurate we just disagree on our conclusions . For me, you see, existence IS "chaotic vomit". That's literally the best way I've ever heard it described and something I've never managed to sum up so succinctly before! So yes. A firecracker, a mad cacophony of random, but always well intentioned, existentialist thought and "chaotic vomit". And it's more honest than any philosophy that claims to stoically have the answers. THAT is nonsense. THAT is true madness. His videos are of someone with a hugely active mind trying desperately to make sense out of a senseless universe and it is for me absolutely brilliant to watch.

I understand that for someone who has more solid beliefs about the nature of existence it makes no sense. It's not a problem. Or it shouldn't be. I don't understand why it would make anyone angry.
I agree, I feel the same that his ideas on issues surrounding politics and money are boiled down to the simplest of terms, anyone that makes you question whether the people who 'work for us' are actually working for us and provide examples to the contrary may be described as anti establishment, but that doesn't automatically make that a bad thing...
He hasn't a springboard onto anyones breakfast table as Ms Hopkins has, a radio show or TV chat format ( thankfully shelved) he has a youtube channel. You can choose to seek him out and listen or not, similarly you can choose to click on this thread or not.
I for one am pleased that there is someone who will reduce the big questions to their purest forms as it makes comprehension easier for all, his questioning of the role of consumerism, debt, poor education, scapegoating and media bias is all relevant to social control and are diversionary tactics to confuse and blinker the country against questioning the powers that be.
Old 26-04-2015, 11:50 AM #68

Quote:

You see, that is the great enigma here T.S. - I don't deny some of the things that Brand, you or Kizzy are saying, and I am actually far more aware than you may think about the long entrenched corruption in EVERY institution of this country from the lowliest councils to the Government (every government) and Banking to Justice. I could write 100 pages of incontrovertable facts going back 60 years laced with personal experience on everything from the Bank Bail Out, to The Great Thatcher Sell Offs of the 80's. Even the reason we are in THE EU and the reason we have stayed in it and the reason why Cameron is raising our Foreign Aid budget is CORRUPTION. Politicians and their cronies have made hundreds of millions from both the EU and Foreign Aid over the years.

And YES - the working classes not only ARE and ALWAYS HAVE BEEN the '**** pigs' for these greedy bastards, they are also THE only reason they can gain from their corrupt practices, because without the Tax Paying masses there is no perpetual stream of cash to keep filling the trough at the rate all the many snouts empty it.

Anyway, I digess (catching Brand's Affliction )

So, I agree to just (amicably) disagree, and we are not arguing - outside of the debate definition - but I think that you too summed it up pretty reasonably, that we just draw different conclusions.

Last edited by kirklancaster; 26-04-2015 at 11:51 AM.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:18 PM #69
-

-

As a suggestion for Kizzy, as I think there are a few of us who would genuinely like to discuss Trews videos as and when he makes them, maybe remake the thread in general discussion and specify it as being for people who regularly watch and enjoy The Trews and want to discuss it? In here it's probably inevitable that it'll quickly become a "rip Brand to shreds!!" thread, which isn't a problem per se, but IMO there's room for two different threads to coexist peacefully if people still want to do that . I was going to make one but it's your thread so I'll leave it up to you.
Old 26-04-2015, 03:36 PM #70
0_o

0_o

Quote:
As a suggestion for Kizzy, as I think there are a few of us who would genuinely like to discuss Trews videos as and when he makes them, maybe remake the thread in general discussion and specify it as being for people who regularly watch and enjoy The Trews and want to discuss it? In here it's probably inevitable that it'll quickly become a "rip Brand to shreds!!" thread, which isn't a problem per se, but IMO there's room for two different threads to coexist peacefully if people still want to do that . I was going to make one but it's your thread so I'll leave it up to you.
This wouldnt work unfortunately Infact specifying somethings for those who enjoy something seems to make more people who dont like it come to post about it

Would probably get less heated discussion about it though. In GC or c&g the quality of most of the posts will likely be 'brands a wanker' or 'brand on BB <3' or endless gifs etc etc
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 26-04-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 03:48 PM #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
This wouldnt work unfortunately Infact specifying somethings for those who enjoy something seems to make more people who dont like it come to post about it

Would probably get less heated discussion about it though. In GC or c&g the quality of most of the posts will likely be 'brands a wanker' or 'brand on BB <3' or endless gifs etc etc
Is this a sly way of saying T.S, Kizzy & Me are intellectuals Vicky?

Last edited by kirklancaster; 26-04-2015 at 03:48 PM.
Old 26-04-2015, 05:03 PM #72
-

-

Infraction Vicky! Insulting your own members!

I'm not going to lie, there is a good reason that 99.9% of my posts (and that is probably not even an exaggeration) are in this forum . I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe we could keep it in here and just put a "No U-Kippers Allowed!" sign up.
Old 26-04-2015, 05:40 PM #73
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Vicky
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 05:46 PM #74

Infraction "Vicky! Insulting your own members! "

She is a Mod
Do Not Knock Her
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-04-2015, 05:49 PM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen 28 View Post
This bloke ? has to be without doubt one of the most stupid and dangerous idiots ever to breathe.

In the egotistical knobjockey stakes he is well out in front.

Yes he gets his Gangs
Breaking UK Laws

He will be Locked Up soon
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
thread, trews