Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB17 Celebrity Big Brother January 2016 [CBB 17], won by Scotty Timlin, and the housemates here.

Old 24-01-2016, 10:41 AM #51
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky
BB19: Sian

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

what last night confirmed for me was that there is not a decent one among them (i've been saying it from the start)

There is only one reason each and every one of them is in there - for the money. They don't care, have no compassion, and are all people I would never have time for in the real world. A thoroughly dislikeable bunch, with zero redeeming qualities.

Last edited by bitontheslide; 24-01-2016 at 10:41 AM.
bitontheslide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 10:46 AM #52

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
The edit could make Mother Theresa look like a villain, manipulating the viewers into hating or feeling sorry for someone
I always heard people talking about how a housemate could be badly edited and I was always of the opinion that that was silly because they can only show what the housemates themselves said, so I was a bit surprised last night when I saw that actually no the edit genuinely can completely change the meaning of what someone is saying.

Last edited by RichardG; 24-01-2016 at 10:48 AM.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 10:47 AM #53

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BB17: Evelyn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
On the live feed last night John said to Tiffany in the bathroom "I've already won because I'm getting paid. I don't care about actually being crowned the winner" yet on the highlights tonight they cut out his reason and just moved onto the next scene right after he said that he's already won.

I don't like John at all and definitely don't support him BUT I thought that was some really sneaky editing by BB and it does make me wonder which other house events we've been fed an incorrect picture of thanks to the lack of live feed. He got a bunch of hate on twitter tonight for that comment from people who thought he meant that he'd already won the show itself. As someone else said in a different thread, they might as well have given him a cat to stroke and a spinny chair because they made him look like some kind of evil genius.
I think John was extremely lucky in the edit.

They could have shown him repeatedly saying to Tiff (live feed Friday night) that he would 'never humiliate a young girl like that' when she asked him about knickergate. It wasn't clear at the time what Tiff was on about or what John was denying and only became obvious on Saturday's highlights.

Clearly he was trying to 'humiliate a young girl like that' because he was shown stopping Christopher from turning them over and then went on to say that the person should be named and shamed.

Last edited by MrWong; 24-01-2016 at 10:56 AM.
MrWong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 10:55 AM #54
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

John's right, he has already won, because he's done what he came there for, for money for his Mum's care. So in that respect he has won.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 10:58 AM #55
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
He means he has got the cash to look after his mother , that's why he done the show .I am not his biggest fan but that what I took from that convo.
Exactly right.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 10:58 AM #56

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
I think John was extremely lucky in the edit.

They could have shown him repeatedly saying to Tiff (live feed Friday night) that he would 'never humiliate a young girl like that' when she asked him about knickergate. It wasn't clear at the time what Tiff was on about or what John was denying and only became obvious on Saturday's highlights.

Clearly he was trying to 'humiliate a young girl like that' because he was shown stopping Christopher from turning them over and then went on to say that the person should be named and shamed.
I KNEW I'd picked up a lie from John somewhere in that convo but couldn't remember what it was specifically. I thought it was about who put the knickers on the table originally (which didn't really matter anyway.) It was still nagging at me that he HAD lied about something....Thanks Mr. Wong!

How anyone is still saying how nice John is beats me.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 10:58 AM #57

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pixie View Post
you are absolutely right. He is a winner. It is strange but unfortunately true, that a lot of people equate winning with being crowned "The Winner", when in reality it is about being a decent person. No matter what GC or TP may say John is most definitely a better person than either of them. His behaviour during the whole "Davids' dead" debacle was not intimidation or puppet mastering, he was the only one capable of expressing what most (if they are honest) of the housemates were thinking at that time, that TP was a loose cannon, as her behaviour at the time showed. She had clearly lost the plot over Angie's news, but at NO POINT did Angie say to TP "David Gest is Dead" which is what TP kept saying to housemates. Angie said "Davids dead" the fact that TP took that to be DG was her own fault, and shows that she is volatile, but to say that Angie said "David Gest is dead" was a lie, plain and simple. John being older, and dare i say it WITH MORE INTELLIGENCE could see through TP and clearly was concerned not only for her but for the fellow housemates, lets face it, her language, behaviour and ranting dont actually tend to show a stable minded logical reasonable woman. I think she showed all of us viewing public last night her true self, when she declared she would "open my arms, my mouth and my legs" to "comfort" Scotty T! John has undoubtably proved himself to be a winner, and lets remember its for his Mum, not him, thats the mark of a truly unselfish person. I truly hope that BB makes GC do a horrid task to keep her immunity, so that she walks, she has proved to be a vile piece of work, and as someone said her "career" will hopefully head South.
Great post,Nothing else needs to be said regarding John,he's not perfect,but he's a darn sight better person than the majority in there.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 11:07 AM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Great post,Nothing else needs to be said regarding John,he's not perfect,but he's a darn sight better person than the majority in there.
For a grown man to want to name and shame any girl, to tell the others not to cover the knickers up but to leave them as they are, and then go and tell everyone else about them, he is a DISGRACE.
I'm not saying the others weren't nasty about it, but John instigated the whole thing, and is certainly NOT a darn sight better.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 11:07 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I KNEW I'd picked up a lie from John somewhere in that convo but couldn't remember what it was specifically. I thought it was about who put the knickers on the table originally (which didn't really matter anyway.) It was still nagging at me that he HAD lied about something....Thanks Mr. Wong!

How anyone is still saying how nice John is beats me.
Maybe they are making a cuppa during the nasty bits?

The edit saved his arse.
Old 24-01-2016, 11:09 AM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Actually he's a bitch because he did try to 'humiliate a young girl'.
Old 24-01-2016, 11:12 AM #61

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Actually he's a bitch because he did try to 'humiliate a young girl'.
Oh,perhaps he should just have just called her a "Fat ****" and fawned all over the women eh?and offered to open his legs for Scottie, now THAT's entertainment.

Old 24-01-2016, 11:15 AM #62

Quote:
Oh,perhaps he should just have just called her a "Fat ****" and fawned all over the women eh?and offered to open his legs for Scottie, now THAT's entertainment.
Exactly!
Princess Pixie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 11:19 AM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You could start a Fat **** thread if you like.

Last edited by MrWong; 24-01-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 24-01-2016, 11:22 AM #64
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Well for me the whole thing should only reflect badly on Steph,they were in to be washed with others effects too likely.
She should have made sure she washed them herself,not in anyway justify leaving them for probably days.

Absolutely unbelievable that Jeremy went to do them for her, even worse was she originally said they were not hers too.

The best way to ensure you are not embarrassed about something is to ensure you cannot be and the simple act of washing them right away,raher than leave them anywhere,would have made any embarrassment to her impossible.

The guys, all 3 of them, did not know who they belonged so how any of them and particularly John, get a bad reading on this is beyond me totally.

Last edited by joeysteele; 24-01-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 24-01-2016, 11:26 AM #65
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Well for me the whole thing should only reflect badly on Steph,they were in to be washed with others effects too likely.
She should have made sure she washed them herself,not in anyway justify leaving them for probably days.

Absolutely unbelievable that Jeremy went to do them for her, even worse was she originally said they were not hers too.

The best way to ensure you are not embarrassed about something is to ensure you cannot be and the simple act of washing them right away,raher than leave them anywhere,would have made any embarrassment to her impossible.

The guys, all 3 of them, did not know who they belonged so how any of them and particularly John, get a bad reading on this is beyond me totally.
It's always going to be John's fault though, Joey

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 24-01-2016 at 11:27 AM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 11:29 AM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:

John stopped Christopher from covering them up and then decided that the person who owned the knickers should be named and shamed, that's how.

Last edited by MrWong; 24-01-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 24-01-2016, 11:34 AM #67
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
It's always going to be John's fault though, Joey
I know, Christopher was screaming his head off after they found them too,Darren wasn't saying just leave them and forget about them either.
It was right they wanted to find who they belonged to, they could have even been a health hazard for all anyone knew.

Only one person to blame for that and that is Steph and she got what was well and truly due to her, sorry but that's my view.

I am trying to think what Steph and the other women would have done had they been one of Johns, Christophers or Darrens effects found badly soiled and just dumped for days too.

Last edited by joeysteele; 24-01-2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 24-01-2016, 11:55 AM #68

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
John stopped Christopher from covering them up and then decided that the person who owned the knickers should be named and shamed, that's how.
In your head maybe,they were ALL as bad,and John was clearly joking as they didn't even know whos they were,he said nothing else after,it was the girls who kept on about it and said "I bet they are Stephs",the lads were just being dicks,the THREE lads that is.one thing is for sure thought they KNEW they weren't Gemmas

Old 24-01-2016, 11:57 AM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I know, Christopher was screaming his head off after they found them too,Darren wasn't saying just leave them and forget about them either.
It was right they wanted to find who they belonged to, they could have even been a health hazard for all anyone knew.

Only one person to blame for that and that is Steph and she got what was well and truly due to her, sorry but that's my view.

I am trying to think what Steph and the other women would have done had they been one of Johns, Christophers or Darrens effects found badly soiled and just dumped for days too.

I would hazard a guess as it being hailed as ENTERTAINMENT Joey.

Old 24-01-2016, 12:20 PM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
In your head maybe,they were ALL as bad,and John was clearly joking as they didn't even know whos they were,he said nothing else after,it was the girls who kept on about it and said "I bet they are Stephs",the lads were just being dicks,the THREE lads that is.one thing is for sure thought they KNEW they weren't Gemmas
Nope. It was shown on the highlights.

http://www.channel5.com/shows/celebr...episode-22-230

Darren/Christopher/John all screamed and ran away when they first saw the knickers. John called the stain pigeon **** which made them laugh.

That's all that Darren did.

Christopher went to cover them and John stopped him and said the person (who owned the knickers) should be named and shamed. Clearly much worse than what Christopher wanted to do.

John then told everyone in the bedroom that there were red knickers on the dining table with pigeon **** in the gusset. The girls made a massive fuss about them not being their knickers. Saying it's disgusting leaving them laying around and that they're probably Stephs. They then went to check. Megan said it's out of order that they'd been left on show like that and used another item of clothing to cover them.
Old 24-01-2016, 12:23 PM #71
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardG View Post
I always heard people talking about how a housemate could be badly edited and I was always of the opinion that that was silly because they can only show what the housemates themselves said, so I was a bit surprised last night when I saw that actually no the edit genuinely can completely change the meaning of what someone is saying.
Helen Wood is the proof of how editing (and manipulation) can make or break a HM, crowned the winner and one year later leaves to boos
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 01:31 PM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy View Post
John meant he had already won over her in the argument was my take on it ,and he's right, he did
No Chuff... Tiff said to him "you want to win and be the last to leave"..he denied it and then said "I've won already".
It's the sort of thing any arrogant loser would say. He knows he won't win...but he will convince himself that he is a winner anyway, for whatever reason.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 01:32 PM #73
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 01:33 PM #74
User banned

Favourites (more):

User banned

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticgal View Post
No Chuff... Tiff said to him "you want to win and be the last to leave"..he denied it and then said "I've won already".
It's the sort of thing any arrogant loser would say. He knows he won't win...but he will convince himself that he is a winner anyway, for whatever reason.
It was edited to an inch of its life ,as has already been proven
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2016, 01:36 PM #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
John's right, he has already won, because he's done what he came there for, for money for his Mum's care. So in that respect he has won.
Not at all...they get paid to go in and the winner is the last to leave. The 'WINNER' is the one with the most popularity. What's the point of the game if you don't have a winner?...are they all winners then? NO. The losers leave...the losers get voted out. The Winner is the last to leave....and hopefully it won't be John.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ive already won, john, partridge