Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 22-11-2016, 10:31 PM #1
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Default Kanye West Hospitalized on 5150 Hold after Breakdown

I'm surprised nobody has posted this... OP in second post.

Definition of 5150 hold (California)

Quote:
The California Welfare and Institutions Code has a Section 5150, which authorizes a physician or qualified officer to involuntarily confine (in Kanye’s case, hospitalize) an individual who is thought to have a mental disorder that renders them a danger to him or herself or others.
Aggregate of TMZ articles: http://www.tmz.com/person/kanye-west/

Chronological Order of Connected Events:

Kanye West I Was for Trump!!!

Kanye West stunned fans Thursday night in San Jose, declaring his allegiance to Donald Trump and revealing he didn't vote, but he was Team Donald all the way.

The crowd was none too pleased ... booing Kanye as he went on to talk about Trump's awesome performance during the debates.

But ... he thinks Hillary has a place in Trump's administration.

Kanye West went after the woman he fiercely defended just a few years ago ... none other than Beyonce.

Yeezy went ham on Bey Saturday night at his concert in Sacramento, indignant because Beyonce said she would only perform at the 2016 VMAs if she won the night's top honor, Video of the Year for "Formation." She competed and won against Kanye and Drake.

It's ironic ... he was skewered in 2009 for interrupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech for Best Female Video over Beyonce.

And Kanye had harsh words for Bey's hubby, Jay Z, for not respecting him enough to return a call.

And get this ... at the end Kanye embraces Kid Cudi, who had famous beef with Yeezy.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/18/kanye-...-vote-concert/

Kanye West Attacks Beyonce and Jay Z

Kanye West stunned fans Thursday night in San Jose, declaring his allegiance to Donald Trump and revealing he didn't vote, but he was Team Donald all the way.

The crowd was none too pleased ... booing Kanye as he went on to talk about Trump's awesome performance during the debates.

But ... he thinks Hillary has a place in Trump's administration.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/20/kanye-...ay-z-kid-cudi/

Kim Kardashian When Going Gets Tough ... Get Going on Your Private Jet

Kim Kardashian made an early morning getaway immediately on the heels of her husband's live meltdowns.

Kim boarded a private jet Monday around 5 AM jetting out of L.A. without Kanye West on board ... according to photogs at the airport. After cancelling a concert at the last minute, attacking Beyoncé and Jay Z and backing Donald Trump -- everyone's wondering what the hell's going on with 'Ye.

Kim's departure before sunrise looks interesting -- considering Kanye's status, but truth is she's just getting back to work herself. She's scheduled to appear at Denise Rich's Angel Ball (supporting cancer research) in NYC Monday night ... where her father will be honored.

It's her first public event since the Paris robbery. Right now... it doesn't look like Kanye will be with her.

Kanye West Hospitalized Handcuffed in Ambulance

Kanye West has been taken to UCLA Medical Center for psychiatric evaluation.

According to law enforcement sources ... cops responded to a call for a welfare check on Kanye around 1:20 PM PT. He was at his trainer Harley Pasternak's home at the time and was "acting erratically."

We're told police called L.A. Fire, and by the time paramedics arrived Kanye was calmer ... but still resistant to going to the hospital. We're told everyone -- his management and law enforcement -- convinced him it was best he go. Law enforcement sources tell us Kanye was handcuffed to a gurney during transport to the hospital ... as standard protocol.

We got Pasternak outside his house late Monday evening. If he knows how Kanye's doing, he's not saying much.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2016/11/21/kanye-...ed/?adid=hero3

Kanye West Dr. Says He Tried to Assault Staff ... Warned of Violence Against Cops

Kanye West's personal physician is the one who called 911, warning the dispatcher Kanye was not violent but would become violent when police arrived to help him.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the call came in as a male with mental illness. Dr. Michael Farzam said his patient's name was "Jim Jones, 39 years old, 5'8", 175 lbs ... suffers from temporary psychosis due to sleep deprivation and dehydration."

According to the police report the doctor told cops he had placed Kanye on a 5150 psychiatric hold and wanted him taken to UCLA Medical Center. We're told there's an issue over whether the doctor actually placed Kanye on a 5150.

The report goes on to say Dr. Farzam told police Kanye had attempted to assault a staff member at the gym.

We're told Kanye was handcuffed to the stretcher because it's protocol when cops are told someone is on a 5150 hold.

Kanye West Has Been ‘Falling Apart’ Without Kim to Lean On Since Paris Robbery, Says Source

The fallout of Kim Kardashian West‘s horrific robbery at gunpoint nearly two months ago in Paris has had its own impact on her relationship with husband Kanye West — and the rapper’s recent breakdown and hospitalization are creating additional strain in their marriage, a source tells PEOPLE.

“Kim has had a very rough time since the robbery,” says a source close to the reality star, 36, who has been keeping a consciously low-profile lifestyle since early October. “It hasn’t helped that Kanye has been touring. Their lives have been quite chaotic. It’s been very trying for them both and not a good recipe for a happy marriage.”

Before the robbery, the source says, “Kim [was] usually the more stable and strong person in the marriage. Kanye is used to leaning on her. Since Kim has had her own issues to deal with, the roles have been reversed. Kanye has had to stay strong to support Kim, and it’s like he can’t handle it anymore.”

The source adds that the 39-year-old Grammy winner, who stands to lose millions after he canceled 21 dates on his Saint Pablo tour, “is totally wiped out from touring and just can’t handle it emotionally.”

And with his wife and support system taking a step back in order to overcome her recent trauma, the source says, “It’s like Kanye is falling apart now, because Kim hasn’t been able to give him her full attention.”

Kardashian West, who was in New York City on Monday night to honor her late father at the 2016 Angel Ball, returned to Los Angeles to be by West’s side as he recovers from his physical and emotional meltdown.

Friends and fans are also sending their support, with R&B singer Janelle Monáe, for one, tweeting that she is “PRAYING FOR KANYE. PRAYING HE HAS THE RIGHT ENERGY SURROUNDING HIM DURING THIS TIME. SENDING PEACE AND LOVE.”

As for Kim herself, a source told PEOPLE earlier this year: “She has a lot of faith in him that he’s going to see his way through whatever kind of conflict he’s having internally or externally and that it’s all going to work out well. She understands his process as an artist and as a person, and I think she just has a lot of faith in him.”

Source: http://people.com/celebrity/kanye-we...paris-robbery/

#mentalhealth #helpthosewhoneedhelp

Get well soon.

Last edited by Maru; 22-11-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 10:32 PM #2
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

Feel bad for him and am sure that plenty will make fun of mental illness / just write it off as a publicity stunt or whatever. Wasn't aware of him having mental health problems but hope he gets the right help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-11-2016, 10:39 PM #3
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Don’t know his music nor really care too much about the personal details surrounding this family, but I feel mental illness yet will be under-shadowed compared to the cult of celebrity in the media.

Lindsay Lohan has a history of being treated. Amanda Bines (though her issues were more obvious so more taken more seriously). Britney Spears… among other stars who have admitted to needing help… celebrity apparently creates a perfect firestorm for those underlying conditions to go from unmanaged to unhinged it seems

Unfortunately, our society doesn't take these issues as seriously until something tragic happens. Then it becomes something of an art piece. A work to admire: as if to reach the top, and to fall violently to the bottom is a good thing. Even the three people I stated… those make headlines for various reasons… but they never seem to have that real conversation about it beyond 'how dare they dress this way..." "does she dress like this... because she is a trainwreck" (code: mentally or emotionally unstable)

Society often disparages those who show symptoms. Often I have read commentary online that people are surprised they are even still alive… have not killed themselves from drug use or that they haven’t just simply disappeared despite their annoying “problems”. Those comments sadly are very common. Like meat for the mobs.

No doubt people will bully and make fun of Kanye for being ill. And yes, he has had said some pretty stupid things to say over the years. Everyone says stupid things and if given a microphone and an adoring fanbase to feed the ego, I'm sure many more immature and naïve individuals would very easily say and do stupid things … also, mental illness often exacerbates this tendency to feed on the attention... good or bad.

That doesn’t do much for the conversation of mental health that needs to happen in the media. It only seems to matter when outlet want to bully—oh…I mean “report” on a commonly a disliked figure. To bank on their illness as if it's all for their consumption. A more recent more popular example is Donald Trump *…however abhorrent his behavior and his policies--… these terms should not be used as a way to flag someone they disagree with… Personally,, I see shades of NPD in him from having been at the hands on those affected with the diagnosis myself, but even that wouldn't stop him from serving in office. I'm sure many other politicians suffer from dysfunctional narcissism as well.

Now, those personal conversations relating to their celebrity and signs people see are worth having, since when all should strive to create conversations that help bring awareness with those conditions... not stigmatize those who are seeking treatment. Limiting those discussions to tabloid fodder only when a celebrity so happens to have a melt down from years of mis/non-treatment is a cop out.

Relating to Kanye... I think it is true too that creativity and mental illness too can often go hand in hand… especially if the person who is very creative, very expressive in the way they speak and in which they perceive and interact with the world... their minds don’t have as many boundaries on them internally speaking as society’s pressures simply don’t work on those individuals… it does not lessen their creative value to society when we enjoy their works…

* ‘donald trump mental illness’ Google Search:

Last edited by Maru; 22-11-2016 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Edited out words like 'you/we'... sounds too personal... it's a general comment (post)
Old 22-11-2016, 10:40 PM #4
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Feel bad for him and am sure that plenty will make fun of mental illness / just write it off as a publicity stunt or whatever. Wasn't aware of him having mental health problems but hope he gets the right help.
Old 23-11-2016, 03:12 AM #5

This should be
under Celebrity News, Maru

Loved Kayne
saying HE Voted For Trump
at least he got that right.

I am sure his women
who came back from that Paris Robbery
caused ALL THIS

Last edited by arista; 23-11-2016 at 03:13 AM.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 03:19 AM #6

"No doubt people will bully and make fun of Kanye for being ill"

No Not at all
he has been Ill
ever since he has been with
that Monster Woman

Feel The Force
Old 23-11-2016, 03:20 AM #7

"Wasn't aware of him having mental health problems"

Every Award he was BONKERS

You Feel Me , Shaun.
Old 23-11-2016, 03:22 AM #8

He's clearly had mental health issues for a long time imo. God complex, narcissist disorder, you name it.

If this report is genuine, let's hope he gets the help he's clearly needed for the last few years.

Last edited by Marsh.; 23-11-2016 at 03:23 AM.
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 06:02 AM #9
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Ive always thought that he geniunely may have schizophrenia. Narcissist personality disorder too perhaps. He needs time away from cameras and I hope he gets that.
Old 23-11-2016, 06:08 AM #10
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
He's clearly had mental health issues for a long time imo. God complex, narcissist disorder, you name it.

If this report is genuine, let's hope he gets the help he's clearly needed for the last few years.
Yep.
Old 23-11-2016, 07:08 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Ive always thought that he geniunely may have schizophrenia. Narcissist personality disorder too perhaps. He needs time away from cameras and I hope he gets that.

No get him away
from his crazy women
Old 23-11-2016, 07:34 AM #12

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
No get him away
from his crazy women
Oh be quiet you oaf
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-11-2016, 10:08 AM #13
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

He;s made such a massive cock of himself it's hard to feel sympathy. I guess this is the kind of thing that happens when you believe your own publicity.
Livia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 06:06 AM #14
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

It is kind of the nature of mental illness though isn't it?...Acting irrationally? :/
Old 24-11-2016, 06:13 AM #15
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..it must be so hard to suffer mental illness and be a celebrity because everything is so public obviously through struggling times and then yeah, you're judged by the public and that judgement starts to become a mind-set so when mental illness is revealed as being the cause, then it can still be hard to overcome that mindset...I've actually always liked Kanye, he's always made me smile with some of the stuff he's done but now I probably won't smile in feeling his more controversial things and public things are when he may be struggling the most in his life.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 09:37 AM #16
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

Maybe if he didn't have people surrounding him telling him what a ****ing God he is, he'd be a little more normal. He's a mess.
Old 24-11-2016, 09:40 AM #17
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
He;s made such a massive cock of himself it's hard to feel sympathy. I guess this is the kind of thing that happens when you believe your own publicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
It is kind of the nature of mental illness though isn't it?...Acting irrationally? :/
It is an interesting question though, did his celebrity cause the mental illness or was it always there and we all put it down to him being "a massive cock"

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.

Last edited by Niamh.; 24-11-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 09:43 AM #18
שטח זה להשכרה

שטח זה להשכרה

When he ruined Taylor Swift's award acceptance he was just being himself I reckon: rude and entitled. I refuse to believe that every egotistical gobsh1te is mentally ill, it's a let-off. If he is mentally ill, surely people who love him wouldn't have let him make such an arse of himself?
Old 24-11-2016, 07:20 PM #19

any man who marries the kardashian women, will end up having a break down, and many told him not to get married into that family, when bruce became caitlyn, you could see how they treated her before the sex-change and after it, the mother and her daughters are just not human, if you pull their skins off, all you would see is reptilian skin, there not called the black widows for nothing.
empire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 07:28 PM #20

Poor guy has obviously never been the same since his Mother passed. Hopefully he gets some help.
Brother Leon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-11-2016, 08:31 PM #21
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Mental illness sadly still attracts scorn at times and can be a nightmare to deal with and live with.

Like most on this thread,I hope he gets the help and more importantly the right support that is required too,really wish him well.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 06:33 PM #22

Today.

James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 06:52 PM #23
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):

I gather he's not any better, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 08:57 PM #24
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGregrrrrrrrr View Post
It is an interesting question though, did his celebrity cause the mental illness or was it always there and we all put it down to him being "a massive cock"
I'd say it was the death of his mother.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:30 PM #25
-

-

I genuinely believe that Kanye might be at the very high functioning (probably high intelligence, believe it or not) end of the autistic spectrum. It would explain a lot about his character... both in terms of the speech interruptions / rants at his own shows that have defined his career, and also the quite clear extreme anxiety disorder he's suffering from currently.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 13-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
5150, breakdown, hold, hospitalized, kanye, west