Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 20-02-2017, 05:59 PM #26
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Thought not. Opinion then.
You think that the UK stock market being measured in Sterling is my opinion? And you thhink this because I do not have a career in economics? Lol.

You realise thats basically the equivalent of saying 'you dont have a career in maths, therefore 2+2 equaling 4 is just your opinion' whilst ignoring the existence of calculators.

Last edited by Withano; 20-02-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 07:13 PM #27
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Anybody can learn the basics of any subject if they research it once. People dont actually need a career in economics to understand that the stock market is measured in sterling lol.
its measured in stocks pal, now go finish that education
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 07:22 PM #28
Skinny Legend

Skinny Legend

Fake news from @thertruth again, I don't listen anymore, ratings falling, can't be trusted, shameful!

The scars on my mind are on replay
Smithy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 07:24 PM #29
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
its measured in stocks pal, now go finish that education
Feel free to start one.

To give you credit; stock markets being measured in stocks did actually make me giggle. But I can't imagine that was your intention.

Last edited by Withano; 20-02-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 20-02-2017, 07:25 PM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Sure, Jan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
Fake news from @thertruth again, I don't listen anymore, ratings falling, can't be trusted, shameful!
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 07:40 PM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Feel free to start one.

To give you credit; stock markets being measured in stocks did actually make me giggle. But I can't imagine that was your intention.
back to school kid
Old 20-02-2017, 07:42 PM #32
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
you can run, but you cant hide from the truth
Old 20-02-2017, 07:43 PM #33
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
back to school kid
"The worth of stock is measured in... stock" source: unknown
Old 20-02-2017, 08:33 PM #34
You know my methods

You know my methods

lol at the shook crowd playing economics

LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 08:53 PM #35
-

-

Quote:
Are you a professional economist - I thought you were a student?
Quote:
Thought not. Opinion then.
Is The Truth a professional economist? (Hint: he isnt)

And if not, why aren't you bleating this at him? You apparently have no problem with his "facts" in the OP, and it's only people replying to disagree who get told that what they have to say is "just opinion ".

You're not perhaps... A little biased, are you?
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 09:14 PM #36

The "shook" crowd = The new snowflakes?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 09:19 PM #37
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Is The Truth a professional economist? (Hint: he isnt)

And if not, why aren't you bleating this at him? You apparently have no problem with his "facts" in the OP, and it's only people replying to disagree who get told that what they have to say is "just opinion ".

You're not perhaps... A little biased, are you?
About as biased as you I would imagine.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 09:30 PM #38
-

-

Quote:
About as biased as you I would imagine.
"lol thats u that is"
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 09:46 PM #39

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Tibb SD&N is absolutely hilarious today.Between this place and Donald Trump's Sweden i've Legit been pmsl.Don't ever change.Anybody.
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 09:56 PM #40
0_o

0_o

Quote:
You think that the UK stock market being measured in Sterling is my opinion? And you thhink this because I do not have a career in economics? Lol.

You realise thats basically the equivalent of saying 'you dont have a career in maths, therefore 2+2 equaling 4 is just your opinion' whilst ignoring the existence of calculators.
You made me snort tea
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 04:34 PM #41
You know my methods

You know my methods

Default Britain has world’s strongest economy after Brexit

“Britain ended last year as the strongest of the world’s advanced economies with growth accelerating in the six months after the Brexit vote, it was revealed overnight,” Philip Aldrick reports for The Australian (from an article in the Sunday Times). “Business activity hit a 17-month high last month, meaning that the economy grew by 2.2 per cent last year — more than the six other leading nations, including the US, Germany and Japan.”

“Far from slowing after the referendum in June, as predicted by the Treasury and Bank of England, growth appeared to have improved,” Aldrick reports. “GDP grew at 0.3 per cent and 0.6 per cent in the first two quarters of last year, compared with 0.6 per cent and an estimated 0.5 per cent in the final period.”

“Andrew Haldane, chief economist at the Bank of England, suggested that economic forecasters were facing a ‘Michael Fish moment’ over their mistaken predictions, referring to the BBC weather forecaster. Mr Haldane, comparing the profession’s failure to spot the 2008 recession to Mr Fish’s infamous assurance of ‘no hurricane’ on the eve of the great storm of 1987, said: ‘It’s a fair cop to say that the profession is to some degree in crisis,'” Aldrick reports. “Steve Baker, the Brexit-supporting MP, said that the performance of the economy since the referendum was a reproach to those who warned of dire consequences. ‘This is another moment to reflect that the horror stories that we were told simply didn’t come to pass,’ he said.”

“Britain’s robust performance means the economy heads into 2017 on solid ground. James Knightley, UK economist at ING Financial Markets, said that it ‘indicates that the UK economy has strong momentum,” Aldrick reports. “The purchasing managers’ index survey of business activity across the services, construction and manufacturing industries also pointed to further hiring by companies. Recruitment across all three industries accelerated at the fastest pace in 11 months and, in a positive sign for the months ahead, new orders in the services sector, which accounts for four fifths of the economy, hit a 17-month high.”

http://macdailynews.com/2017/01/06/b...-after-brexit/
Old 21-02-2017, 05:24 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Might be something to do with the Pound being, still, rock-bottom... I would imagine.

Yes Wise Shaun
thats why USA is buying up UK Businesses
and reduced prices.

Up or Down
Bulls or Bears
the Clever ones are making good CASH,

Sign Of The Times.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 07:19 PM #43
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post
“Britain ended last year as the strongest of the world’s advanced economies with growth accelerating in the six months after the Brexit vote, it was revealed overnight,” Philip Aldrick reports for The Australian (from an article in the Sunday Times). “Business activity hit a 17-month high last month, meaning that the economy grew by 2.2 per cent last year — more than the six other leading nations, including the US, Germany and Japan.”

“Far from slowing after the referendum in June, as predicted by the Treasury and Bank of England, growth appeared to have improved,” Aldrick reports. “GDP grew at 0.3 per cent and 0.6 per cent in the first two quarters of last year, compared with 0.6 per cent and an estimated 0.5 per cent in the final period.”

“Andrew Haldane, chief economist at the Bank of England, suggested that economic forecasters were facing a ‘Michael Fish moment’ over their mistaken predictions, referring to the BBC weather forecaster. Mr Haldane, comparing the profession’s failure to spot the 2008 recession to Mr Fish’s infamous assurance of ‘no hurricane’ on the eve of the great storm of 1987, said: ‘It’s a fair cop to say that the profession is to some degree in crisis,'” Aldrick reports. “Steve Baker, the Brexit-supporting MP, said that the performance of the economy since the referendum was a reproach to those who warned of dire consequences. ‘This is another moment to reflect that the horror stories that we were told simply didn’t come to pass,’ he said.”

“Britain’s robust performance means the economy heads into 2017 on solid ground. James Knightley, UK economist at ING Financial Markets, said that it ‘indicates that the UK economy has strong momentum,” Aldrick reports. “The purchasing managers’ index survey of business activity across the services, construction and manufacturing industries also pointed to further hiring by companies. Recruitment across all three industries accelerated at the fastest pace in 11 months and, in a positive sign for the months ahead, new orders in the services sector, which accounts for four fifths of the economy, hit a 17-month high.”

What kind of flaky source is this?... And have you read the comments? Even the site contributors don't believe this shiz.
Old 21-02-2017, 07:33 PM #44
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What kind of flaky source is this?... And have you read the comments? Even the site contributors don't believe this shiz.
Macdaily news is one of many (and nowhere near the largest) websites which are dedicated to Apple-related news. As far as I can see it relies on the "community" for contributions.. as in this guy (or woman, the author wished to remain anonymous ) isn't a journalist, just an Apple fanboy.

I'd imagine the "article" is in reference to Apple increasing the prices for the UK post-brexit and we have therefore become their greatest pool of profit, due to us being ripped off thanks to the struggling pound.

Last edited by Withano; 21-02-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 21-02-2017, 09:21 PM #45
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet View Post

exactly why do they loony left hate this good news so much and choose to ignore it?
Old 22-02-2017, 07:17 AM #46

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
exactly why do they loony left hate this good news so much and choose to ignore it?
Because they don't wanna run out of things to protest about?
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 07:24 AM #47
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Its not a source, if you read the article it is from the Sunday Times but as it has a paywall this is a way to circumvent that

"Philip Aldrick reports for The Australian (from an article in the Sunday Times)."
Old 22-02-2017, 08:03 AM #48
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Because they don't wanna run out of things to protest about?
Exactly. Thera are it appears such things as 'professional protesters' who aren't happy unless they are protesting about something. I guess it makes them feel useful, maybe even important.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 08:20 AM #49
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Why aren't brexiteers protesting that all the promises made to them and the reasoning touted for brexit have all been rescinded? ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7592616.html
Old 22-02-2017, 08:40 AM #50
You know my methods

You know my methods

Quote:
Why aren't brexiteers protesting that all the promises made to them and the reasoning touted for brexit have all been rescinded? ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7592616.html
Is there a specific "promise" that you had in mind?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
economy, left, pleased, recovered