Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 24-06-2017, 11:32 AM #26
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Again,totally valid points.

However look,I think all publicity is good publicity, so if Corbyn haters want to talk about him that's fine by me.
It means they likely see he is heading for greater success.

What they don't do however is balance their seemingly endless energy against Corbyn on justified or unjustified reasoning,with any real criticism of Mrs May or whoever other leader they support.

It actually amuses me that the people raising threads and therefore talking about Corbyn are in the main his band of haters.
He certainly has many rattled it seems.
That's all good in my book.

Again,all publicity is good publicity,from wherever or whoever it comes from.
You wish. It's not about being rattled it's about drawing attention to matters such as how a minimum of £10/hr for 16 year olds will only serve to reduce jobs for young people - something not mentioned by Corbyn. Only two reasons for that I can think of, either a lack of 'thinking' on his part or dishonesty and intentionally withholding that information. Which do you believe it is I wonder. As a Corbyn supporter no wonder you don't want people like me posting it on here.

I like to point out and challenge things that I feel people need to be aware of, before and if, we get landed with him as PM. Please tell me exactly what is wrong with that. We are still a free country I believe. PC has not done it's worst - yet.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 11:45 AM #27

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
What do you mean nope lol? You read at least 1 article about him a day, instead of ignoring them. Considering being most people don't post every single thing they read, I'm guessing you read a hell of a lot more than one a day. That's bordering on obsession! It's not an insult. We all have topics of interests, Corbyn is clearly yours.
I agree though, you could make a single anti-Corbyn thread and make tibb and yourself less one dimensional looking. Something tells me you want the reaction, and not the debate though.
Maybe brillo likes to read and educate herself and what its to do with you how many times she reads stuff ? If she doesn't like Corbyn she doesn't have to ,but she can certainly comment and give her opinions on the subject she is passionate about,although it's mostly wasted on here.This tit for tat thing is so childish,loads of people hate TM are we crying about it ? NO.

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 11:56 AM #28

I thought Corbyn was taking away wage restrictions in the 21-24 year old age bracket. I haven't read anything about 16-21 year olds?

We need to also keep in mind that Osborne pledged an increase to £9 by 2020.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:57 AM #29
Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
Maybe brillo likes to read and educate herself and what its to do with you how many times she reads stuff ? If she doesn't like Corbyn she doesn't have to ,but she can certainly comment and give her opinions on the subject she is passionate about,although it's mostly wasted on here.This tit for tat thing is so childish,loads of people hate TM are we crying about it ? NO.
Of course thats why - she likes to educate herself on it (albeit, through biased sources) - Corbyn is her topic of interest, clearly, and she reads because shes interested in it, thats absolutely fine, I applaud that actually. We all have topics of interest, its just nobody else feels the need to make 7 threads a week on it.

I personally wouldnt make 7 threads a week on my fave subject because it seems a bit spammy, and it would obviously irritate others on the forum... and I think the reactions are a reflection of that and not 'childish tit for tat' like youre (rudely) suggesting...

I'm not sure why other members don't make 7 threads a week on their favourite topic, its not a question ive ever asked myself.. its a pretty interesting qu though, why arent you doing that?

Last edited by Withano; 24-06-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Withano is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 12:01 PM #30
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazanne View Post
It makes me laugh how some Non-Corbyn supporters get accused by some Corbyn supporters of being 'obsessed' or of feeling 'threatened' by him for regularly drawing attention to any faults, weaknesses or innacuracies, by posting articles about these issues - when the very fact they are so bothered about it is the biggest tell-tale sign of all that they are the ones that feel threatened by it and want such articles 'hushed-up'.

Some of course may pose a bigger threat than others but I generally try to post from reasonable/good sources.

As you rightly say Kaz those behind the Conservatives and May are not getting all worked-up about anti-May threads, some of which have been quite nasty. It is ridiculous.
Old 24-06-2017, 12:01 PM #31
Withano

Favourites (more):

Withano

Favourites (more):

Everyone is obsessed by their favourite topic...
Old 24-06-2017, 12:03 PM #32

Just looked at the Labour Manifesto and here is a direct copy...A new living wage for all
Labour says it will raise the minimum wage to the level of the “Living Wage (expected to be at least £10 per hour by 2020)”. This would apply to all workers aged 18 or over.
Old 24-06-2017, 12:04 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
It makes me laugh how some Non-Corbyn supporters get accused by some Corbyn supporters of being 'obsessed' or of feeling 'threatened' by him for regularly drawing attention to any faults, weaknesses or innacuracies, by posting articles about these issues - when the very fact they are so bothered about it is the biggest tell-tale sign of all that they are the ones that feel threatened by it and want such articles 'hushed-up'.

Some of course may pose a bigger threat than others but I generally try to post from reasonable/good sources.

As you rightly say Kaz those behind the Conservatives and May are not getting all worked-up about anti-May threads, some of which have been quite nasty. It is ridiculous.
Keep posting them,I have learnt quite a lot from various links on this site,I find it all quite interesting

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 12:06 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
Of course thats why - she likes to educate herself on it (albeit, through biased sources) - Corbyn is her topic of interest, clearly, and she reads because shes interested in it, thats absolutely fine, I applaud that actually. We all have topics of interest, its just nobody else feels the need to make 7 threads a week on it.

I personally wouldnt make 7 threads a week on my fave subject because it seems a bit spammy, and it would obviously irritate others on the forum... and I think the reactions are a reflection of that and not 'childish tit for tat' like youre (rudely) suggesting...

I'm not sure why other members don't make 7 threads a week on their favourite topic, its not a question ive ever asked myself.. its a pretty interesting qu though, why arent you doing that?
Biased sources - many Articles have been from the Independent, Guardian and Telegraph - papers you don't have a problem with when quoted by Corbyn supporters.

In fact I go out of my way not to post from the DM to avoid giving the DM haters on here any excuse to throw that one out there. I believe I have provided articles from wider sources than many on here. More biased nonsence on your part.
Old 24-06-2017, 12:09 PM #35
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Just looked at the Labour Manifesto and here is a direct copy...A new living wage for all
Labour says it will raise the minimum wage to the level of the “Living Wage (expected to be at least £10 per hour by 2020)”. This would apply to all workers aged 18 or over.
I believe he has now said he wants to include 16 year-olds in that. Besides if if applied at 18 that is still pretty young from an employers' perspective with not many 18 year-olds having many skills or work experience and so the same issues such as preferring older more skilled workers is still likely to apply.

Last edited by Brillopad; 24-06-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 24-06-2017, 12:14 PM #36
-

-

I think the question of raising minimum wage and the question of wage discrepancy by age is totally different, though. Yes there is a huge economic question mark over minimum wage increases and I agree with DR that tax credits are actually a better solution than endless wage increases that only serve to drive up prices and reduce employment levels.

However in my opinion nothing - absolutely NOTHING - can justify paying 18-to-25 year olds less than over 25's doing the same job. Under 18's, for so long as full time education is mandatory until 18, is more open to debate but once someone legally reaches adulthood - 18 - they should be paid exactly the same as anyone else to do the job that they are hired to do. The minimum wage, whatever it is set at, should apply to everyone aged 18 or over equally.

The majority of large companies already do anyway to be honest. I know mine doesn't pay the under-25s less than over-25s in the cashier role (about 30p above minimum wage I believe).
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 12:38 PM #37
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

I'm beginning to think you have a crush on Jeremy Corbyn

In all seriousness though, I agree with the idea of an anti-Corbyn thread for all these articles, a bit like that Katie Price one Omah had where it was just him posting to himself for like three years
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 12:41 PM #38
Banned

Banned

Can you just start a 'I hate Jeremy Corbyn thread' and keep all the articles to that? Most of these articles aren't really worthy of their own thread.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 01:00 PM #39

If I was to meet any Labour economists, the first question I would be asking them is, how can you predict extra productivity by 2020 if you're not in government until then?

We know that when money gets spent in the real economy, it drives economic growth. If the demand is there, we maximize productivity and our economy expands. The situation we are presently in however, is, we are sitting on low productivity because the Tory government are ideologically opposed to human capital and technology.

Its going to take Labour fiscal policies a number of years to turn our stagnant economy around. If they don't get in until 2020 and commit to this promise, they will be lifting wages on low productivity and that can only mean one thing... inflation.

I understand enough about macroeconomics to get what Labour economists are trying to achieve (I'm not talking about the minimum wage) and the forecasts look positive and very possible, I wouldn't be voting for them otherwise, but I don't understand what's going on here with the minimum wage.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:19 PM #40
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
Can you just start a 'I hate Jeremy Corbyn thread' and keep all the articles to that? Most of these articles aren't really worthy of their own thread.
You would say that wouldn't you. Hardly unbiased!
Old 24-06-2017, 01:25 PM #41
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I'm beginning to think you have a crush on Jeremy Corbyn

In all seriousness though, I agree with the idea of an anti-Corbyn thread for all these articles, a bit like that Katie Price one Omah had where it was just him posting to himself for like three years
There you go with the thinly veiled attempts to either shut me up or undermine my opinions. Pretty tacky really and hardly worthy of someone who sees himself as an intellect.

Am I supposed to be worried that people might think I fancy Corbyn. If I were into old men , Corbyn wouldn't be one of them. Who would even think that other than someone who finds him attractive themselves.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:31 PM #42
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
There you go with the thinly veiled attempts to either shut me up or undermine my opinions. Pretty tacky really and hardly worthy of someone who sees himself as an intellect.

Am I supposed to be worried that people might think I fancy Corbyn. If I were into old men , Corbyn wouldn't be one of them. Who would even think that other than someone who finds him attractive themselves.
It's called a joke, but Santa Corbyn is a bit of a DILF I'll give you that
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 01:34 PM #43
Banned

Banned

Quote:
You would say that wouldn't you. Hardly unbiased!
I'd say the same to anyone that flooded SD with the same threads about May, thanks for the hypocritical personal attacks though, much appreciated.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:38 PM #44
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I'd say the same to anyone that flooded SD with the same threads about May, thanks for the hypocritical personal attacks though, much appreciated.
How was that a personal attack? It seems to me you are either being very over-sensitive about my posts or trying to get me to say something I can be banned for.

My posts to you are no different than to anyone else. If you can prove they are - be my guest. Fed up with you now.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:48 PM #45
User banned

User banned

Default Oh dear Corbyn - is this the sort of support you want

https://www.rt.com/uk/393756-rupert-...ackney-abused/

What a grade A plonker.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:55 PM #46
Banned

Banned

Quote:
How was that a personal attack? It seems to me you are either being very over-sensitive about my posts or trying to get me to say something I can be banned for.

My posts to you are no different than to anyone else. If you can prove they are - be my guest. Fed up with you now.
If someone said the things you say to other people then you'd freak out over it, you say other people are sensitive but you lose your **** over the tiniest thing, again this is an example of you projecting your flaws onto other people.
Old 24-06-2017, 01:58 PM #47
laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

laura carter stan

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian

The exact same arguments were made against the introduction of the minimum wage which turned out to be untrue. Lots of businesses just want to pay their employees as little as possible.
Greg! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 02:03 PM #48
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg! View Post
The exact same arguments were made against the introduction of the minimum wage which turned out to be untrue. Lots of businesses just want to pay their employees as little as possible.
True.
Old 24-06-2017, 02:09 PM #49
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
It's called a joke, but Santa Corbyn is a bit of a DILF I'll give you that
Too old, too left and too half asleep for my tastes. I like someone with more oomph.
Old 25-06-2017, 01:29 AM #50

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Quote:
I don't personally insult his appearance like many Corbyn supporters do to May. Now that is low.

I condem his impractical policies, his history and his unfetered grab on power due to mass hysteria from desperate people jumping on a band-wagon of seeing this man as the second-coming who will cure all their woes. It is sad.

If you know so much you explain why the article is wrong. I bet you can't.
In a nutshell!

Keep up the good work Brillo - I read all your threads with interest. You have the measure of the man.
jet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
corbyn, dear, making, man, promises, rash, sort, support