Notices

Big Brother 18 [Summer 2017] BB18 UK was shown on Channel 5 in June and July 2017, and was won by Isabelle with Raph second. Discuss the series here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
Raph
Senior Member
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22,724

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin
CBB18: Stephen Bear
BB OTT: Alex


Default Question Thread with Raph

Yo guys, been meaning to do this for a while but if you guys want to know anything about the BB house (well as much as I can reveal) then here's the place to do it! Hit me up with questions and i'll try to get to all of them.

Thanks for all the support this summer, you all rock!

- Raph
__________________

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:09 AM   #2
Nicky91
KING DUNCAN <3
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: None of Anyone's Business
Posts: 35,027
Blog Entries: 10

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2017: Mollie King
BB18: Raph
IAC2016: Sam Quek
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto


Default

how did you and Hurricane Sue get along in the house


and was Savannah really just boring and annoying, or was there something we didn't see from her
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
Raph
Senior Member
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22,724

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin
CBB18: Stephen Bear
BB OTT: Alex


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
how did you and Hurricane Sue get along in the house


and was Savannah really just boring and annoying, or was there something we didn't see from her
Super well, Sue was a delight. Was nice to have more intellectually stimulating conversations, was harder once Sukhvinder left so it was lovely. And she always called me the Angel of the house which was super sweet. Also she had a big argument with Chanelle the night they all came back for a task but it was never shown

And Savannah is a sweet girl. She was scared of the confrontation a lot, so we did think BB was maybe not the best place for her, but she was harmless and always kind to me. The only thing I didnt like was when she said "I dont think racism exists in our world anymore" but not sure that was shown
__________________

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:12 AM   #4
Alf
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eating A Meat pudding
Posts: 17,867

Favourites:
I'm a Celeb 2010: Shaun Ryder


Default

Are parts of the show scripted?

Do producers enter the house and direct you?
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:13 AM   #5
Raph
Senior Member
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22,724

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin
CBB18: Stephen Bear
BB OTT: Alex


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Are parts of the show scripted?

Do producers enter the house and direct you?
Nothing is scripted.

And no never any direction whatsoever. And I LOVED it. Kieran often said how much better it was than EOTB because there he would be guided and on Big Brother we never were.
__________________

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Nicky91
KING DUNCAN <3
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: None of Anyone's Business
Posts: 35,027
Blog Entries: 10

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2017: Mollie King
BB18: Raph
IAC2016: Sam Quek
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Super well, Sue was a delight. Was nice to have more intellectually stimulating conversations, was harder once Sukhvinder left so it was lovely. And she always called me the Angel of the house which was super sweet. Also she had a big argument with Chanelle the night they all came back for a task but it was never shown

And Savannah is a sweet girl. She was scared of the confrontation a lot, so we did think BB was maybe not the best place for her, but she was harmless and always kind to me. The only thing I didnt like was when she said "I dont think racism exists in our world anymore" but not sure that was shown
i did think the same, just too sweet for BB, i liked the dragon bit, the moth who was in the house, caused a bit of panic, like Charlotte, Kieran and Tom running away from that moth, and Savannah hiding under the blanket, i did find that funny


I Loved Sue on BB either , and she did have a argument with Channy, never shown but it would've made some lovely telly i think
Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:18 AM   #7
Oliver_W
NCC-1701
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 5,053

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Raph
Default

Did you and/or any of the others take a memento from the BB house? I'd probably try to pinch a pillowcase or something.
__________________
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #8
Blurryface
Morgan
 
Blurryface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dema
Posts: 16,057

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Brooke
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto
CBBUSA2: Jonathan Bennett


Default

What were Lotan and Kayleigh like in the house, did they deserve ejection?

What was Arthur's actual reason for leaving - was it ejection, or did he walk, or was it a mutual agreement? And why?

What are the subjects you cant reveal? (obviously don't breach your contract here but what kind if things are you banned from talking about?)

Have your opinions changed on Rylan?

Finally (for now), if you were the People's Housemate in week 1 who would you have evicted?

Sorry for so many!
__________________

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
I Luv Putin
he's so sexy, his body is perfect so much muscle he's got
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
donald trump is sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason. View Post
Quote:
I have a savings account!
*somewhere in the Netherlands an autistic boy licks his lips*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i FOOKING did nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
U wot m8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Oh suck her arsehole!
ooh she does look quite hot yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i don't like being dragged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
"from the -wheeze- decor.... lots of -wheeze- hollywood.... -wheeze-... have like... -wheeze-"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
of course NOT, usually i love people from India a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
I've been waiting thirteen years for a hairy middle-aged Sikh Orlaith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i don't give a damn whatever that vile darcey bussell says
i know more than her, Darcey has Always been biased for her own faves and she usually also wants a romance to go on with AJ's partners, very vile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
*lewis sets fire to a tesco metro, killing 13*
Vanessa: he’s really passionate about caring for the planet and understands that population overcrowding is a major issue so he’s just trying to do something good LOL funny how if it was sian that did it everyone would be like “yaas queen snatch their wigs”
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I am READY as Twenty One Pilots' newest fan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
mr christopher Columbus, the guy who died of a coconut falling on his head or so the tale goes
Blurryface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:28 AM   #9
joeysteele
Remembering Kerry
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: with Mystic Mock
Posts: 31,986

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
Strictly 2018: Joe Sugg
CBB21: Shane Jenek
IAC2017: Jamie Lomas


Default

I have always felt once in the BB house,it likely becomes impossible to stick to any plans or the way you'd like things to be and go.
Once in then,my question would be how hard is it,or how hard did you find it, to totally relax and go with the flow,or did you find it possible to just really get into things and love the experience.

You did superbly Raph, it was both great and a privilege to see you as a housemate and support you too.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:30 AM   #10
Raph
Senior Member
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22,724

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin
CBB18: Stephen Bear
BB OTT: Alex


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_W View Post
Did you and/or any of the others take a memento from the BB house? I'd probably try to pinch a pillowcase or something.
Yes! Have my BB best dancer award, a pillowcase from Rose Cottage, the infamous DUCKS, a bandana from love, peace and harmony week, Chanelle's mask from her birthday, a flower from the wedding task, a bunch of things really.

But they also almost always took a lot of stuff off us, which was sad. For example, around week 4, when doing maintenance, they took our launch night badges which i'll always be sad about as I put it in my pocket every eviction, until that point.
__________________

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #11
Blurryface
Morgan
 
Blurryface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dema
Posts: 16,057

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 7: Eddie
BB19: Brooke
DOI 2019: Saara Aalto
CBBUSA2: Jonathan Bennett


Default

Ooh last question, how often do you get recognised in public places?
__________________

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
I Luv Putin
he's so sexy, his body is perfect so much muscle he's got
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
donald trump is sexy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason. View Post
Quote:
I have a savings account!
*somewhere in the Netherlands an autistic boy licks his lips*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i FOOKING did nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josy View Post
U wot m8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
Oh suck her arsehole!
ooh she does look quite hot yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i don't like being dragged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post
"from the -wheeze- decor.... lots of -wheeze- hollywood.... -wheeze-... have like... -wheeze-"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
of course NOT, usually i love people from India a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
I've been waiting thirteen years for a hairy middle-aged Sikh Orlaith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
i don't give a damn whatever that vile darcey bussell says
i know more than her, Darcey has Always been biased for her own faves and she usually also wants a romance to go on with AJ's partners, very vile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullen Girl View Post
*lewis sets fire to a tesco metro, killing 13*
Vanessa: he’s really passionate about caring for the planet and understands that population overcrowding is a major issue so he’s just trying to do something good LOL funny how if it was sian that did it everyone would be like “yaas queen snatch their wigs”
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyWins View Post
I am READY as Twenty One Pilots' newest fan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky91 View Post
mr christopher Columbus, the guy who died of a coconut falling on his head or so the tale goes
Blurryface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:34 AM   #12
Raph
Senior Member
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22,724

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin
CBB18: Stephen Bear
BB OTT: Alex


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurryface View Post
What were Lotan and Kayleigh like in the house, did they deserve ejection?

What was Arthur's actual reason for leaving - was it ejection, or did he walk, or was it a mutual agreement? And why?

What are the subjects you cant reveal? (obviously don't breach your contract here but what kind if things are you banned from talking about?)

Have your opinions changed on Rylan?

Finally (for now), if you were the People's Housemate in week 1 who would you have evicted?

Sorry for so many!
No worries, always a delight to speak with you!

Lotan was so lovely in the house, he taught me how to roll cigarettes, exercised with me, cooked me salmon and broccoli, asked me about my life, tried to teach me sarcasm. Honestly a solid guy, I really liked him and no - he did not deserve to be removed in my opinion. And I said this in the house many times too that I felt sorry for him that he was put in that situation.

Kayleigh 100% did deserve to be ejected, she was so aggressive and a bit elitist - only wanted to hang out with people who had a 'fanbase' and had done reality TV.

Ah well there is one, can't reveal what happened with Arthur. Just a few things, will say if I shouldn't/wouldn't talk about it.

And if I had the power on launch night I probably would have evicted Kayleigh, got negative vibes from her from the start.

Thanks for the questions!!
__________________

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #13
Nicky91
KING DUNCAN <3
 
Nicky91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: None of Anyone's Business
Posts: 35,027
Blog Entries: 10

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2017: Mollie King
BB18: Raph
IAC2016: Sam Quek
X Factor 2016: Saara Aalto


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
No worries, always a delight to speak with you!

Lotan was so lovely in the house, he taught me how to roll cigarettes, exercised with me, cooked me salmon and broccoli, asked me about my life, tried to teach me sarcasm. Honestly a solid guy, I really liked him and no - he did not deserve to be removed in my opinion. And I said this in the house many times too that I felt sorry for him that he was put in that situation.

Kayleigh 100% did deserve to be ejected, she was so aggressive and a bit elitist - only wanted to hang out with people who had a 'fanbase' and had done reality TV.

Ah well there is one, can't reveal what happened with Arthur. Just a few things, will say if I shouldn't/wouldn't talk about it.

And if I had the power on launch night I probably would have evicted Kayleigh, got negative vibes from her from the start.

Thanks for the questions!!

Nicky91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:36 AM   #14
ShakeyJake10
I have Lucille
 
ShakeyJake10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
DOI 2019: Melody Thornton
IAC2018: Fleur East
Strictly 2018: Ashley Roberts


Default

Wow Raph welcome back to you

You were my sweepstake on the forum you disappointed me haha but I loved Isabelle

Did anyone in the house have a feeling Isabelle was going to win?

Also is Deborah as hilarious as I think she is?

Also who did you like the least?

You did very well mate
__________________
ShakeyJake10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #15
ShakeyJake10
I have Lucille
 
ShakeyJake10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
DOI 2019: Melody Thornton
IAC2018: Fleur East
Strictly 2018: Ashley Roberts


Default

Wow Raph welcome back to you

You were my sweepstake on the forum you disappointed me haha but I loved Isabelle

Did anyone in the house have a feeling Isabelle was going to win?

Also is Deborah as hilarious as I think she is?

Also who did you like the least?

You did very well mate
__________________
ShakeyJake10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:37 AM   #16
Riley.
TiBB's Call Girl
 
Riley.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 14,252
Blog Entries: 1

Favourites (more):
CBB22: Rodrigo Alves
BBUSA20: Haleigh
CBB21: India Willoughby
BBCanada 6: Olivia


Default

Hi Raph,

Was it awkward knowing people were watching you on the toilet?
Riley. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #17
ShakeyJake10
I have Lucille
 
ShakeyJake10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,569

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
DOI 2019: Melody Thornton
IAC2018: Fleur East
Strictly 2018: Ashley Roberts


Default

Oh forget my question of who you liked the least I guess that was kayleigh

Out of all the cast apart from Chanelle who have you formed a life long bond with
__________________
ShakeyJake10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:47 AM   #18
caprimint
another vice
 
caprimint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: London
Posts: 4,719

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis G
DOI 2019: James Jordan
Survivor 38: Kelley
X Factor 2018: Molly Scott
Default

Conrgats on runner-up Raph, it was great to watch you and so happy you got to experience your dream summer in the house

Did you think you were going to win when you got to the final 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Lotan was so lovely in the house, he taught me how to roll cigarettes, exercised with me, cooked me salmon and broccoli, asked me about my life, tried to teach me sarcasm. Honestly a solid guy, I really liked him and no - he did not deserve to be removed in my opinion. And I said this in the house many times too that I felt sorry for him that he was put in that situation.
caprimint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:48 AM   #19
Braden
Satchels of gold
 
Braden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mulholland Drive
Posts: 20,754

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
Apprentice 2018: Jackie
BBUSA20: Kaitlyn
CBB21: Rachel Johnson


Default

Hi Raph,

Did you have any inkling as to who was going to win during your time in the house? And when was the moment you knew Thorn Rose Cottage was going to be an everlasting friendship group?

Well done in everything, btw. I only watched bits of the series, but it was cool watching someone from the forum in the house.
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #20
Babayaro.
A moment, a love
 
Babayaro.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 13,760

Favourites:
BB10: Marcus
BB6: Science
BB3: Alex


Default

Who did you talk to about BB with during your time in the house, and were you ever told off for doing so?

Does Big Brother actually tell housemates when they have to go to sleep, and also lock the bedroom doors too? I'm sure I read somewhere that this happens.

What was the whole eviction process like? What did it include, how nerve-racking was it, etc??

Last edited by Babayaro.; 20-09-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Babayaro. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #21
Oliver_W
NCC-1701
 
Oliver_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Bill's Secret Garden
Posts: 5,053

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Raph
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaro. View Post
Does Big Brother actually tell housemates when they have to go to sleep, and also lock the bedroom doors too? I'm sure I read somewhere that this happens.
I second this question, I might have misunderstood what Harry Amelia meant but I'm sure she said BB would sometimes tell them what rooms to be in?
__________________
Oliver_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:12 AM   #22
Littlegreen
Littlegreen
 
Littlegreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Under the ivy 🍂
Posts: 3,308

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Sarah Harding
Strictly 2017: Debbie McGee
BB18: Raph
CBB19: Kim Woodburn


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Hi Raph,

Was it awkward knowing people were watching you on the toilet?


I'd genuinely like to know the answer to this! ha!


Questions:

Were there any BB "essentials" that you were expecting to experience that you didn't?

When Andrew was cutting/colouring your hair why were you so against Hannah being sat nearby?

What was the average day like in the BB house in reality (time scales etc) as opposed to what we saw as HL's?
__________________

Spoiler:

Littlegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:14 AM   #23
Eddie.
#freebritney
 
Eddie.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4,454

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Hardeep Singh Kohli
BBUSA20: Bayleigh
CBB21: Malika Haqq
Default

Hey Raph!If you were to go back into time, what is something you would have done different in the house?
How hard was it for you and the other HMs to make nominations?
btw thanks for spending ur time to do this...
oh one last question, were there any moments in the house you would like to share which were not included in the Daily Highlights shows?

Last edited by Eddie.; 20-09-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Eddie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #24
Amy Jade
Spirit In the Sky
 
Amy Jade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 45,217

Favourites (more):
BB19: Sian
CBB22: Natalie Nunn
CBB20: Brandi Glanville
BB18: Chanelle


Default

What went on between you and Rachel Rice?

Has Chanelle somewhat changed your mind about recruits?

Did you think you had won when it was you v Isabelle in the final 2?
__________________

Last edited by Amy Jade; 20-09-2017 at 10:24 AM.
Amy Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #25
Raph
Senior Member
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 22,724

Favourites (more):
BB18: Chanelle
BBCanada 5: Kevin
CBB18: Stephen Bear
BB OTT: Alex


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I have always felt once in the BB house,it likely becomes impossible to stick to any plans or the way you'd like things to be and go.
Once in then,my question would be how hard is it,or how hard did you find it, to totally relax and go with the flow,or did you find it possible to just really get into things and love the experience.

You did superbly Raph, it was both great and a privilege to see you as a housemate and support you too.
Thank you so much Joey, lovely to speak to you again.

I didn't really find it hard to be honest. At the start, on launch night I felt numb and super anxious but after that I found myself more and more with the flow each day and loved every single second of my time there. In terms of plans, my goal was to make the final so that I could live every day in that house and I was soo determined to achieve this goal and that's what guided most of my behaviour during my time in the house. But yeah it really is the best experience ever.
__________________

The Thorn Cottage Crew
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
question, raph, thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:18 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
no new posts