Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:53 PM #51
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Santa View Post
I'd be hesitant to say that it's always this... But yes... I do think that a lot of the new "gender or genderless" pronouns and the need to have a seemingly endless list of descriptors on dating / social media profiles is, at least in part, linked to the need to "have something different" and "be unique".

The irony of course being that at this point it has actually become extremely conformist.
Honestly I think the endless gender pronouns actually damage how some people see trans people in general. The ones Dezzy listed are fine enough descriptors.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:07 PM #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Some on here like to elect themselves as judge and jury over people whose opinions differ to theirs. I think it makes them feel moraly superior, it doesn't of course. Opposing Islam is not racist - you and others can state it until you are blue in the face but it will not make it so. Trying to force and shame people into your way of thinking, or at the very least not question your thinking is and never will be well-balanced or well-informed because, like you accuse me, you see what you want to see.

You would be within your rights to accuse people of that who were being verbally abusive towards Muslims, threatening them is some way or saying very derogatory things that were clearly recognisable to all as Racist, none of which you can accuse me of doing. I simply oppose the religion because of its second-class treatment of women both here and in the Middle-East, in fact all over the world. We see it every day - to try and claim it is the behaviour of the few is ridiculous. Islam is causing problems all over the world, but hell lets just accuse those that challenge and criticize it as racists rather than address the problems with the religion and the people that blindly follow it. I have yet to see any of you present any actual proof that Islam is a just and tolerant religion who the rest of the world have got completely wrong. You certainly could not convince most that it doesn't treat women as second-class citizens.

Even more we need to address those superior souls who think they are the mouthpiece for every Muslim in the world and speak with such knowledge and wisdom with a belief they have right on their side and in a position to judge everyone else. So boring.

There you are - there is rant for you. But not a word of racism in it, although no doubt you will invent some.

Have fun.
What do you mean by "I couldn't convince 'most' people that Muslim men don't treat women as second class citizens?" What you aren't getting is, I don't have to convince 'most' people because more people think like me than think like you... at least in the areas I live, work and hang out. Perhaps if I moved to certain towns in the north or out to places like Norfolk, I'd find more people who thought like you do, but I don't plan on doing that.

I have said many times that most Muslims are barely religious. Just as Christians are often only that by name and only go to church at Christmas, the majority of Muslims (the thousands you wouldn't notice) dress in western dress, including the women and never step inside a mosque, but you ignore that and perpetually lump them all together with the terrorists and the misogynists and hate preachers and women in veils. Its like you see all Muslims as one evil person.

Now if you were to suggest that certain types of Muslims treat women like second class citizens, I'd agree with you whole heartedly. There are some institutions within the Islamic faith that treat women appalingly and nobody can really deny that, but when you talk about evil Muslim men, you mean all of them.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:57 PM #53
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
What do you mean by "I couldn't convince 'most' people that Muslim men don't treat women as second class citizens?" What you aren't getting is, I don't have to convince 'most' people because more people think like me than think like you... at least in the areas I live, work and hang out. Perhaps if I moved to certain towns in the north or out to places like Norfolk, I'd find more people who thought like you do, but I don't plan on doing that.

I have said many times that most Muslims are barely religious. Just as Christians are often only that by name and only go to church at Christmas, the majority of Muslims (the thousands you wouldn't notice) dress in western dress, including the women and never step inside a mosque, but you ignore that and perpetually lump them all together with the terrorists and the misogynists and hate preachers and women in veils. Its like you see all Muslims as one evil person.

Now if you were to suggest that certain types of Muslims treat women like second class citizens, I'd agree with you whole heartedly. There are some institutions within the Islamic faith that treat women appalingly and nobody can really deny that, but when you talk about evil Muslim men, you mean all of them.
I repeat I think Islam and its ideology is fundamentally misogynistic. That is what I see and hear around me. You are one person how many Muslims can you know. You say most Muslims are barely religious but again I feel the evidence around us says differently. How many Muslim women do we see around us wearing headscarfs for example, including many highly educated Muslim women such as consultants in the NHS - is the headscarf not a religous symbol of Islam. I simply don’t buy that statement.

Of course I don’t think all Muslims are terrorists but it seems obvious to many that Muslim terrorism is on the increase and pretty rampant in Europe which poses a significant threat to all of us. It is inevitable that will create mistrust.

For the record I don’t live in the North, I live in the South East not that far from London so your geographical ‘reasoning’ makes little sense and suggests that maybe you are too wrapped up in your own ideals and see what you want to see. Having faith in people is a good thing but you have to accept that not everyone sees things the same way - but that doesn’t necessarily make them racist or full of hate.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 08:33 PM #54
You know my methods

You know my methods

snowflakes triggered by being called snowflakes?

yep that happened
LeatherTrumpet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 10:00 PM #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I repeat I think Islam and its ideology is fundamentally misogynistic. That is what I see and hear around me. You are one person how many Muslims can you know. You say most Muslims are barely religious but again I feel the evidence around us says differently. How many Muslim women do we see around us wearing headscarfs for example, including many highly educated Muslim women such as consultants in the NHS - is the headscarf not a religous symbol of Islam. I simply don’t buy that statement.

Of course I don’t think all Muslims are terrorists but it seems obvious to many that Muslim terrorism is on the increase and pretty rampant in Europe which poses a significant threat to all of us. It is inevitable that will create mistrust.

For the record I don’t live in the North, I live in the South East not that far from London so your geographical ‘reasoning’ makes little sense and suggests that maybe you are too wrapped up in your own ideals and see what you want to see. Having faith in people is a good thing but you have to accept that not everyone sees things the same way - but that doesn’t necessarily make them racist or full of hate.
And you, as you have claimed before, work for the NHS so you must come across Muslims. I bet you don't let them know how you feel and yet on here, a place where we know a Muslim man regularly posts, you spit your hate and vile under a sudo name.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 13-12-2017 at 10:01 PM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 10:19 PM #56
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
And you, as you have claimed before, work for the NHS so you must come across Muslims. I bet you don't let them know how you feel and yet on here, a place where we know a Muslim man regularly posts, you spit your hate and vile under a sudo name.
There was no hate or bile in my post - you chose to see that because you don’t like that my options don’t agree with yours.

I clearly said I don’t think all Muslims are terrorists, but all the terrorists currently creating murder and havoc across Europe are Muslims - fact, not fiction. Are we supposed to keep quiet and not state facts as some may take offence?

As for where I work - do we now only employ those that don’t dare criticise religion where criticism is warranted. You really do need to see how constantly attempting to label those who criticise a religion that has blatant flaws as spitting hate and bile is dictorial and controlling - and not a good look. Your attempts to shut down my opinions are fruitless and your opinions no more valid than mine.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 01:14 PM #57
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

And we're back to Muslims again... I didn't see that coming. :/

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mental, problems, snowflakes