Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM #126
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Better get to that editing button pronto, you big fibber.

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-03-2018, 12:26 PM #127
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twosugars View Post
... so Brillopad is a she?
next, you'll try to tell my that Underscore is not a young girl working in IT in East London

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 02-03-2018, 12:29 PM #128
Namaste

Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Old 02-03-2018, 12:34 PM #129
-

-

Quote:
... so Brillopad is a she?
next, you'll try to tell my that Underscore is not a young girl working in IT in East London
How DARE you!!
Old 02-03-2018, 12:58 PM #130
Banned

Banned

I'm all for permabanned members coming back, if they ask first and are prepared to show us that they've changed their ways when it came to why they were banned in the first place.

Stacey's an excellent example of this, I despised her as a member the first time around but after her permaban she went away, grew up and made her case when she asked to come back and we couldn't really find a fair reason to say no and she's shown that allowing her to come back was the right decision.

What I don't agree with is permabanned members deciding it's time to come back and creating another account just to carry on from where they left of. I think there has to be a process if you want to come back and if you ignore that process or mess up when you are allowed back, it should be an instant ban. A process that allows permabanned members to make a case to return under a condition of a probation period would be the best way to do it but I don't think it's ever likely to happen.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:01 PM #131
Banned

Banned

As for a claim earlier in the thread about members getting banned over their political beliefs......If that was the case and I banned people for that reason then only Withano and Kizzy would be posting in SD, given how staunchly right wing SD is, that's proof that you aren't being infracted or banned because of your views, that is just an excuse to glaze over the fact that you are responsible for your own actions and words that broke the rules and got you infracted.

Last edited by Tom4784; 02-03-2018 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:15 PM #132

Not everyone who posts in SD is staunchly right OR left wing. Some of us are far more neutral but don't bother as our views get lost in the myriad of arguments between the two sides. Neither hard left or right leaning people are good at listening to other views in my experience. Having said that, its actually interesting to watch the extremes play out in debates and on occasion I have changed my views on certain things so I don't find it as toxic as people make out. What does frustrate me is the whining that goes on and people sniping rather than debating in an adult fashion. Sometimes the actual arguments get lost in a world of " you're racist" "no I'm not, you are" type posts and then the whole thread descends into chaos

Last edited by AnnieK; 02-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:19 PM #133
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Not everyone who posts in SD is staunchly right OR left wing. Some of us are far more neutral but don't bother as our views get lost in the myriad of arguments between the two sides. Neither hard left or right leaning people are good at listening to other views in my experience. Having said that, its actually interesting to watch the extremes play out in debates and on occasion I have changed my views on certain things so I don't find it as toxic as people make out. What does frustrate me is the whining that goes on and people sniping rather than debating in an adult fashion.
Indeed.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiRTh View Post
You compare Jim Davidson to Nelson Mandela?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus. View Post
I know, how stupid? He's more like Gandhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah 7:14 View Post

Katie Hopkins reveals epilepsy made her suicidal - and says she identifies as a MAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Just because she is a giant cock, doesn't make her a man.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:23 PM #134
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

I am partial to a good whine on occasion but as for SD being mainly on the right, I would say most members are fairly centre, with the odd one being far left or right

Old 02-03-2018, 01:37 PM #135
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
As for a claim earlier in the thread about members getting banned over their political beliefs......If that was the case and I banned people for that reason then only Withano and Kizzy would be posting in SD, given how staunchly right wing SD is, that's proof that you aren't being infracted or banned because of your views, that is just an excuse to glaze over the fact that you are responsible for your own actions and words that broke the rules and got you infracted.
There's no smoke without fire - and people with anti-left wing views do get banned more than those left wing posters also known to speak their mind who bait and insult others. It is hardly rocket science. Actions speak a lot louder than mere words.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:41 PM #136
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Sometimes the actual arguments get lost in a world of " you're racist" "no I'm not, you are" type posts
No u.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:46 PM #137
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

my post got removed
an infraction coming? wwwhyyyyy

Last edited by Twosugars; 02-03-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:48 PM #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
No u.
Shut it
Old 02-03-2018, 02:00 PM #139
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
There's no smoke without fire - and people with anti-left wing views do get banned more than those left wing posters also known to speak their mind who bait and insult others. It is hardly rocket science. Actions speak a lot louder than mere words.
they do.
so let's see: this post of yours commenting on Dezzy's post is still here, but my post commenting on the same Dezzy's post has just been removed.

right wing good, left wing bad - is that better now?
Old 02-03-2018, 02:11 PM #140

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
BB18: Tom

Favourites (more):

Everyone seems so touchy in here.This place is so easy to light the blue touch paper,stand back and set into a blazing ball of flames.
I think if everyone stepped back,Took a deep breath,don’t give a **** and be a lone wolf then most of these mass tribal battles wouldn’t happen so often or atleast would’nt turn into Armagedon.
It’s only a BB forum.
The only time i think i let myself get vaguely miffed was when the Truth got unfairly(imo) banned but then i checked myself and thought ‘really who gives ****’ it’s a discussion forum.Its not important.
People on here seem to take delight in deliberately pushing each others buttons.Ones that they know all too well will set a burning inferno going.Everyone starts resenting each other.
It’s ok to have different opinions.It doesn’t mean the person you disagree with is an arsehole(though they might be).I don’t agree with loads of people on here on loads of stuff.Does’nt mean i dislike them.I don’t think anything is worth getting into bitey bitter arguments about.It’s just perspectives.
There’s some excellent posters on here that i disagree with on loads of stuff but can still see they still put up excellent thought provoking arguments.
Don’t take this **** so seriously.
At the end of the day.It’s all bollocks.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:14 PM #141

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
I don’t know if that’s actually true.I do think there is a definite non subtle left wing bias amongst the mods but not sure if there’s evidence for the banning.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:17 PM #142
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Everyone seems so touchy in here.This place is so easy to light the blue touch paper,stand back and set into a blazing ball of flames.
I think if everyone stepped back,Took a deep breath,don’t give a **** and be a lone wolf then most of these mass tribal battles wouldn’t happen so often or atleast would’nt turn into Armagedon.
It’s only a BB forum.
The only time i think i let myself get vaguely miffed was when the Truth got unfairly(imo) banned but then i checked myself and thought ‘really who gives ****’ it’s a discussion forum.Its not important.
People on here seem to take delight in deliberately pushing each others buttons.Ones that they know all too well will set a burning inferno going.Everyone starts resenting each other.
It’s ok to have different opinions.It doesn’t mean the person you disagree with is an arsehole(though they might be).I don’t agree with loads of people on here on loads of stuff.Does’nt mean i dislike them.I don’t think anything is worth getting into bitey bitter arguments about.It’s just perspectives.
There’s some excellent posters on here that i disagree with on loads of stuff but can still see they still put up excellent thought provoking arguments.
At the end of the day.It’s all bollocks.
True.
Issues will evolve, positions will change and then we will all die and turn to dust.
Thanks, that's cheered me up It's funny how life makes you look forward to death.... or is it just me?
Old 02-03-2018, 02:20 PM #143

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
True.
Issues will evolve, positions will change and then we will all die and turn to dust.
Thanks, that's cheered me up It's funny how life makes you look forward to death.... or is it just me?
Not me.I wanna see the future.I wanna live til 100 atleast and see the technology and if we’ve got a base on Mars
Old 02-03-2018, 02:22 PM #144
User banned

User banned

Quote:
they do.
so let's see: this post of yours commenting on Dezzy's post is still here, but my post commenting on the same Dezzy's post has just been removed.

right wing good, left wing bad - is that better now?
Believe me Dezzy hates right wing - sounds like someone is trying to prove a point.
Old 02-03-2018, 02:26 PM #145
You know my methods

You know my methods

SD Right Wing Young Team for eva

Old 02-03-2018, 02:32 PM #146
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):

[QUOTE=Northern Monkey;9899692]Everyone seems so touchy in here.This place is so easy to light the blue touch paper,stand back and set into a blazing ball of flames.
It’s only a BB forum.
At the end of the day.It’s all bollocks.[/QUOTE]

too true

Old 02-03-2018, 02:46 PM #147
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

i have to laugh, the majority of posters on this forum are of a left of center persuasion. Look back at the General Election thread(s) if proof is needed.

For me its not so much about political differences, its about fundamentally different priorities in life. Young people are just not going to have the same priorities as those who have been around the block and this forum is hugely weighted toward the younger viewpoint.

Lets see what the situation is after another couple of generations of Big Brother
Old 02-03-2018, 03:00 PM #148
Stiff Member

Stiff Member

Quote:
Not me.I wanna see the future.I wanna live til 100 atleast and see the technology and if we’ve got a base on Mars
don't get me started on space exploration
we should be on Mars now!
as soon as space race with the Soviets ended they let things slide and go to ****
space exploration should be a priority over endless trillions spent on military
if it got just 10% of defence spending we would be on Mars now

we were born too early. another 100 years or so and you'll probably be able to upload yourself to a crystal or something and "live" forever

Last edited by Twosugars; 02-03-2018 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:08 PM #149
User banned

User banned

Quote:
I don’t know if that’s actually true.I do think there is a definite non subtle left wing bias amongst the mods but not sure if there’s evidence for the banning.
Not so subtle with some.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:11 PM #150

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
don't get me started on space exploration
we should be on Mars now!
as soon as space rivalry with the Soviets ended they let things slide and go to ****
space exploration should be a priority over endless trillions spent on military
if it got just 10% of defence spending we would on Mars now
My dream for space exploration and Serious Debates & News is for everyone to just put down their nukes and concentrate on the common goal of reaching new heights.

Seriously though.The nuclear arms race was very useful to the world.It got us into space and on the moon much quicker and most likely prevented a Third World War but now is the time i think for every country to multilaterally scrap their nuclear weapons programs and turn those nukes into power for advanced spacecraft to get us to Proxima Centauri and also explore Mars and find the tenth planet in our solar system.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
debate, discussion, forum