Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 10:14 PM #51
POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

POW! BLAM!

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 8: Chris
Apprentice 2019: Lottie

A singer or actor may want to be a "celebrity", because fame is a natural consequence from being successful in a performance job. A footballer or diver may want to be a "celebrity", because a higher profile means more sponsorahips. A reality tv personality is all about "fame" ... but all of these people can expect their personal lives to be kept private.

Old 12-03-2022, 10:17 PM #52

Favourites (more):
BB17: Andy
BB14: Dan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
Sounds quite elusive to me almost... private.
I was pointing out the disparity between being anything but private and craving attention on the one hand and living a reclusive, rather sad existence on the other hand. Perhaps the latter may be one of the reasons for the former.

Last edited by jet; 12-03-2022 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 10:44 PM #53

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Oh I want privacy....

Hi world...my dads a ****, and my family has a racist in it.
Old 13-03-2022, 12:43 AM #54

Let's not pretend that most pro royalists took Harry and Meghan's stance of wanting to.distance themselves from the media circus of the Royal family to mean they wanted total privacy. The threads on here alone proved it... All they have ever wanted was to control their own narrative, if you don't like it, don't listen. They aren't working Royals, their views on the world have no more impact on anyone's lives any more than any other celeb. I really don't get the interest.

William and Kate's thread is almost empty.....if you are interested in Royal life that is where the news is. Not re-hashing the same gripes about.non Royal s
Old 13-03-2022, 12:52 AM #55

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Trish
The Circle 2019: Georgina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post
Let's not pretend that most pro royalists took Harry and Meghan's stance of wanting to.distance themselves from the media circus of the Royal family to mean they wanted total privacy. The threads on here alone proved it... All they have ever wanted was to control their own narrative, if you don't like it, don't listen. They aren't working Royals, their views on the world have no more impact on anyone's lives any more than any other celeb. I really don't get the interest.

William and Kate's thread is almost empty.....if you are interested in Royal life that is where the news is. Not re-hashing the same gripes about.non Royal s
Yeah i always thought Kate & William were popular, puzzling really .
Old 13-03-2022, 12:58 AM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieK View Post

If William and Kate started airing their dirty linen, fell out with their respective families, whined and moaned, sued all round them, kept inserting themselves into the news in controversial ways, then there would be plenty to say on their thread, don’t you think? It would be hiving....
As they don’t, and just get on with their responsibilities and duties with dignity and class, then the thread is simply to see what they are currently doing, nothing more. It's just 'news'.

And with all due respect Annie, it’s nothing to do with you what others listen to or are interested in.

Last edited by jet; 13-03-2022 at 01:46 AM.
Old 13-03-2022, 02:31 AM #57
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
If William and Kate started airing their dirty linen, fell out with their respective families, whined and moaned, sued all round them, kept inserting themselves into the news in controversial ways, then there would be plenty to say on their thread, don’t you think? It would be hiving....
As they don’t, and just get on with their responsibilities and duties with dignity and class, then the thread is simply to see what they are currently doing, nothing more. It's just 'news'.

And with all due respect Annie, it’s nothing to do with you what others listen to or are interested in.
They don't want responsibilities or duties anymore, that's the point. As Annie put it they want to control their own narrative. And they have every right to do that.
They are no longer public property, they can go, work, Sue wherever and whoever they like.

It would make sense too to not pay any mind to them if they upset you that much.. it seems odd that if you don't like someone that much you would even give anything they did any attention.
For example, I don't like the kardashians... so guess what? I don't read about their lives or watch their shows.

I don't go on threads about them listing reasons why I dislike them.
Old 13-03-2022, 06:39 AM #58

Quote:

You are quite right....but with all due respect I am still able to voice my opinion on the subject am I not This is a debate forum after all and there is no debate to be had if everyone thought the same.
Old 13-03-2022, 07:25 AM #59
thesheriff443

thesheriff443

This part of the thread was about Harry not going to is grandads memorial due to security risks.

Il give an example of how pathetic that is,

Ex pm Mrs may, has a 24 hour armed police man at her house but she and her husband still walk around Waitrose on their own doing their shopping.
Old 13-03-2022, 08:51 AM #60
This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

I think many people have forgotten they didn’t want to step down completely from Royal duties but wanted to be part timers which Liz would not countenance, reportedly Harry has been in Charles ear about relaxing the stance Liz took when she has passed on

'put a bit of lippy on and run a brush through your hair, we are alcoholics, not savages'
Old 13-03-2022, 08:54 AM #61
self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

self-oscillating

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

they wanted to keep the cash and the perks. It would be the end of the royal family if charles relaxed that stance
Old 13-03-2022, 08:55 AM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by glib View Post
I did a while ago and never got a response

She deletes things and never tells me why, no drama was on that thread, so I don’t know why it was deleted
Quote:
It might not have been Niamh.
It happens all the time with H&M and royal threads. They disappear for little reason when members have put their time and effort into posting. Other threads can be full of personal insults and they don’t get zapped.
It gives the impression to many, rightly or wrongly, that the mod/mods responsible are big H&M supporters and anti - monarchist.
Meghan and Harry threads are being deleted because they are all going round in circles with arguments, sometimes they are being posted just to get a reaction, and also people are entering the threads to insult people. It's repetitive.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
harry, prince, thread