Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Tech, Movies & Video Games Discuss technology, movies and video games here.

Old 05-02-2024, 07:23 PM #1
The other Shaun :)

Favourites (more):
Love Island 5: Maura
CBB22: Ryan Thomas

Favourites (more):

Default Dogeatdog’s GTA: TBOGT 100% Completion Thread (**Contains Spoilers**)

Here we go, TLAD is 100% complete and I have unlocked all the trophies so it’s time for the final chapter of GTA 4 and that’s The Ballad Of Gay Tony.

100% and all trophies for this will be tricky and somewhat tedious at times. Hunting all the seagulls, hanging out with friends at the same places for what feels like the 20th time and what will be the hardest of all, a 100% good score on all the storyline missions. It will be difficult but the story for this game is good and I’m a huge fan of this game in general so it will be fun.

A few things I should probably note tho and that is
  • I want to complete the objectives for a mission all at the same time but there is one problem with doing this. Everytime I complete a mission, my score will be saved which means if I were to get 1 out of 3 objectives on a mission completed on the first attempt, that score will save which means if I replay the mission for a second attempt I’ll only need to get 2 objectives. My only way round this is to save the game after each mission and then reloading the save game if I complete a mission but don’t get all the objectives to avoid the score being saved permanently.
  • The mini games and odd jobs I’ll be doing in between missions because I’m bound to get stuck on missions at some point and it will break up the gameplay a bit.
  • I will be posting parts of the story so for anyone who hasn’t played this game (which is probably a minority) and doesn’t want to be spoiled, click that back button now it’s why I put it in the thread title.
  • To get 100% on missions I can’t use cabs, cheats or replay a mission from a checkpoint.

So let’s get started…

Mission #1 - I Luv LC

100% Objectives

• Complete the mission in 4:30

• Take 0% Damage

• Have less than 10% Car Damage

My Score
  • Mission time - 3:58
  • 0% Health Damage
  • 0% Car Damage

Attempts: 1

A really easy introductory mission, after the opening cutscene where Luis was held hostage in the bank (thanks Niko) and later greeted by Tony’s charming Mafia creditors at his loft apartment we head over to Hercules and then Maisonette 9 (Tony’s clubs) to hang out for a bit. Luis’ neighbourhood friends show up, cause a bit of trouble outside and I simply have to drive them back to the projects. Easy enough, the only tricky part is the traffic but I know the map pretty well, so this mission was a walk in the park.

Dogeatdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:46 PM #2

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Mission #2 - Chinese Takeout

100% Objectives

• Complete the mission in 5:20
  • Take less than 10% damage
  • Have 70% accuracy or higher
  • Only headshots were used to kill the Triads

My Score
  • Mission time - 5:15
  • 0% Health Damage
  • Accuracy - 86%
  • Every enemy killed with headshots

Attempts: 4

This was a bit more of a challenge. So for this mission we head over to Chinatown to do a negotiation for Rocco whom Tony is in debt to. Just before we meet the triad goon we see Billy Grey being a backstabbing prick and arranging a set up for Johnny Klebitz (the character we play in TLAD). After Luis calls him a greaseball fcuk as he leaves, the triad wants us to negotiate and arranging licences for him, we explain we can’t do it, he gets pissed off and pulls a gun out. A little distraction and Luis with one swift punch knocks him out cold, when the triad’s gun drops on the floor however it lets of a shot and now the triads won’t let us leave easily so we have to fight our way out and return to the apartment.

It took 4 attempts for a 100% finish. The first time I was well too slow and my accuracy was shocking (around 40%). The second attempt started well but when I killed one of the enemies who was wielding a shotgun, his gun dropped to the floor and fired a bullet. As much as I admire the realism in this game I was pissed that this bullet hit me and literally took nearly all my health. An enemy ran up the stairs and in one hit I was dead.

The third attempt was annoying as one of the enemies who was coming towards me was actually running up the stairs. I shot at him in the chest but he ended up falling down the stairs and dying. No headshot meant instant failure so I had to restart. The fourth go was a lot better and I managed to get it with 5 seconds to spare and a pretty decent accuracy percentage too.

Last edited by Dogeatdog; 05-02-2024 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-02-2024, 02:22 AM #3
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

You're doing well so far Dogeatdog.

I'm looking forward to knowing how you did on the other missions.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-02-2024, 08:26 PM #4

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Mission #3 - Practice Swing

100% Objectives

• Complete the mission in 4:00
  • Take less than 50% damage
  • Kill at least 11 enemies with headshots
  • Have 70% accuracy or higher
  • Have 100% accuracy when hitting the union official with the golf ball

My Score
  • Mission time - 3:58
  • 10% Health Damage
  • 12 Headshots
  • Accuracy - 75%
  • Golf ball accuracy - 100%

Attempts: 3

So for this mission we find out that Tony is in pretty big debt to the Ancelotti’s whom Rocco works for, so to keep them sweet for the time being we’ve got to keep doing shitty errands for Rocco. We head over to the golf course where Rocco is trying to extort information from a union official who is connected with the Messina’s (another mob family in Liberty City) by hitting him with golf balls whilst he’s tied to the front of a golf cart. After some pretty horrible comments by Rocco towards Luis, he tells us to try and hit the union official. The golf mini game is actually quite fun so this is something I look forward to coming back to when we need to complete the odd jobs. Anyways, we aim and hit all the balls towards the union official until he cracks. Once this happens the Messina’s show up and now it’s a shootout. We’ve gotta fight our way outta there, escape on the golf carts whilst they chase us and then when we lose them, split up and head back to Tony’s apartment.

This mission is fun and I was quite fortunate to get it in just 3 attempts. The trick to get 100% on this mission is once the chase is over and Rocco goes his separate way is to head straight for the main road in the golf cart and jump into the first car you see straight away. It’s not possible to get the time whilst trying to drive back in the golf cart because it's just too slow.

My first attempt was awful, I think the only objective I got was getting 11 headshots. My accuracy was woeful and I was too slow. The second attempt was a lot better but my shooting accuracy was terrible at around 30% and it’s tricky because the time limit is a little bit harsh on this mission and during the golf cart chase it is very easy to lose control.

The third attempt was very, very lucky. To begin with I crashed the car on the way to the golf range and I thought this attempt was finished straight away when this happened but I chose to carry on. My shooting accuracy was pretty good so I was hoping there was a slim chance that maybe I could pass this one 100%. The golf chase began and I was slightly losing control of the golf cart at points which slowed me down a little. At this point, I thought this attempt was definitely a failure but then I drove out onto the main road and the first car that pulled up was an Infernus!!

I couldn’t believe my luck so I stole the car and drove as quickly as I could to Tony’s apartment where I finished the mission with only 2 seconds to spare . Honestly that Infernus made all the difference, if it was any other car I would not have passed the mission in time so I was seriously fortunate. Now I can move onto Armando’s missions and I have a cheeky Infernus for my troubles which I’ve stored at Niko’s safe house in Middle Park East.

Old 08-02-2024, 09:36 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mock View Post
You're doing well so far Dogeatdog.

I'm looking forward to knowing how you did on the other missions.
Thanks Mock, glad you’re enjoying it. It’s going to get a lot more difficult soon, hopefully I won’t struggle too much.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
100%, completion, dogeatdog’s, gta, spoilers, tbogt, thread