Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Big Brother Canada Big Brother Canada 9 started 3th March 2021.

Old 27-05-2015, 05:50 PM #1
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):
IAC2019: Nadine Coyle
Strictly 2019: Michelle Visage

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Default Dr Will attacks BB Canada - saying it treats viewers as "second-class citizens"

Quote:
One of Big Brother U.S.A.’s most respected and infamous players is calling the Canadian production out and laying down a public challenge.

“Until Big Brother Canada provides a cash prize that matches or exceeds other countries they will always be in the back seat,” said Will Kirby, the winner of Big Brother 2 in the States and fourth place finisher in its all-star season in 2006.

“My strong suggestion is that Big Brother Canada beg Big Brother U.S.A. for a nation versus nation matchup with a significant grand prize, then we’ll finally get to see who is the best reality contestant in North America.

“Let’s please agree to pay the prize out in American dollars though so I won’t experience any accounting (or) tax issues when I collect,” continued Kirby.

Big Brother Canada’s current grand prize is $100,000 and not taxable. In the U.S. series, the prize is $500,000, minus applicable taxes.

Kirby is a board-certified dermatologist and osteopathic physician who delivered his own son in 2010. He is known for the sophisticated, amusing mind games he played on other contestants, including coercing them to participate in a 24-hour fast for spiritual reasons and challenging the other house guests to vote him out during a famous veto meeting, just because.

Saying the Canadian producers are treating their viewers like “second-class citizens,” Kirby ripped into the series for having too many twists this season.
“As a general rule, I’m very much against twists. They undermine the integrity — is there even any integrity left? — of the game,” said Kirby known as “Doctor Evil” to fans. “Fans complain that there are no great strategists anymore, but it is nearly impossible to focus on an intellectual, emotional form of game play when a twist can upend weeks of hard work.

“Extremely boring individuals putting in virtually no effort have won the show and unfair twists have helped some and hurt others,” he added. “The series needs innovation and the low-hanging fruit are the twists, but any undeserved advantage only taints the entire unscripted television world.”

According to Kirby, Big Brother Canada will never be on par with its American counterpart. Acknowledging that he is speaking in “gross generalizations,” Kirby says that since the U.S. has a larger pool of potential contestants to choose from, Big Brother Canada has fewer qualified contestants. Also, he says Canadians are “unbelievably polite” while Americans are “more brash,” and Canadian players tend to be more verbally and physically reserved.

Fans of Big Brother Canada this season have complained that the house guests are boring, only participating in interesting activities at Big Brother’s prompting, and that game play and strategies are for the most part docile and tedious. Of the 11 house votes this season, seven have been unanimous and a large number of players allowed a transparent alliance to dominate the game unchallenged for almost two months.

Over the weekend, Kirby got the immediate attention of fans on both sides of the border by targeting Big Brother Canada on Twitter.

“Probably time for everyone to acknowledge the obvious: @BigBrotherCA exists only to warm up viewers waiting for @CBSBigBrother to air,” Kirby wrote.
The official Big Brother Canada Twitter account responded to Kirby, saying he was drinking “haterade” and that part of the reason they are proud of their production is that it honours past American players.

“@DrWillKirby not saying you’re not a good player. Saying we do it because of legacy left by players like you,” wrote Big Brother Canada.

Former Big Brother Canada contestant Anuj “AJ” Burman and Season 2 winner Jon Pardy were also drawn into the fray.

Kirby confessed to the Star the entire back and forth was just a way for him to provide amusing content to his followers.

Kirby has since deleted his Tweets, leaving some fans confused.

“I use some of my social media accounts in a very temporary manner. I personally don’t want my Twitter account to reflect some specific tweets depending on the topic or content,” he told his followers. “I’m surprised that the Big Brother Canada Twitter team got drawn into a fight in the first place, but it doesn’t benefit me to leave evidence of their embarrassment up long-term. I’m not a vindictive person. So, it’s fun to poke at them and get them riled up, but the fun is only in the moment.”

The next episode of Big Brother Canada airs Monday at 8 p.m. on Global with the finale Wednesday at 8 p.m.
He has clearly never seen BBUK

Last edited by Pete.; 27-05-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Pete. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 05:52 PM #2
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Justice 4 NaeNae?

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 05:53 PM #3
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Isabelle
BBUSA19: Cody
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

shame to see that Will's kind of a loser now :\
Old 27-05-2015, 05:55 PM #4
Mokka

Favourites (more):
BB19: Tomasz
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Mokka

Favourites (more):

I really don't know what to make of that... especially with him deleting his tweets...

why is he going for the attention over this anyways?

anyways
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Mokka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 05:58 PM #5
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
“As a general rule, I’m very much against twists. They undermine the integrity — is there even any integrity left? — of the game,” said Kirby known as “Doctor Evil” to fans. “Fans complain that there are no great strategists anymore, but it is nearly impossible to focus on an intellectual, emotional form of game play when a twist can upend weeks of hard work.
I love Will but he doesn't call out BBUSA for using twist?

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 05:59 PM #6
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I love Will but he doesn't call out BBUSA for using twist?
Not when BBUSA made him rich
Old 27-05-2015, 06:00 PM #7
Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemitch View Post
Not when BBUSA made him rich
I think he is being completely bias about it, he needs to look at BBUSA and BBUK

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2015, 06:04 PM #8
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

I don't get the whole "viewers as second class citizens" thing

Our viewers have more say via free votes as to what goes on
Our viewers have free live feeds
Our viewers don't have a hate on for our producer

so I think Canada is winning this debate
You've entered the post apocalyptic ruins of a site about a dead show, where every battle imaginable has already been fought a hundred times over. A cynical world of hardened arseholes where the mods have stopped caring, and the administrator is watching Tetris championships while the rest of us bicker in here.
Old 28-05-2015, 10:36 AM #9
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):
BBUSA17: Vanessa
BBCanada 3: Godfrey
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):

He's right. The twists kinda ruined the season. We were robbed of a potential Godfrey/Kevin/Bruno showdown thanks to twists that heavily favoured Sarah and Brittnee.

US: 1. Dick (8, 13), 2. Will (2, 7), 3. Derrick (16), 4. Boogie (2, 7, 14), 5. Dan (10, 14), 6. Enzo (12), 7. Britney (12, 14), 8. Marvin (5), 9. Memphis (10), 10. Lane (12).

Canada: 1. Neda (2), 2. Godfrey (3), 3. Arlie (2), 4. Kevin (3) 5. Peter (1)
brisbanebroncos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 10:41 AM #10
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

I know ~bros strategizing~ is clearly your thing but Brittnee and Sarah >>> Bruno and especially Kevin.

BBUS isn't pure either and is riddled with twists. The only difference is that Canada's beneficiaries are always much more likable.

Last edited by Macie Lightfoot; 28-05-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Macie Lightfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 01:19 PM #11
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbanebroncos View Post
He's right. The twists kinda ruined the season. We were robbed of a potential Godfrey/Kevin/Bruno showdown thanks to twists that heavily favoured Sarah and Brittnee.
It was a nice change that a twist didn't benefit the male powerhouse alliances.

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2015, 01:34 PM #12
Mokka

Favourites (more):

Mokka

Favourites (more):

The difference is that while production creates the twists, they allow the public to decide, through public vote, how the twist will get played or even who the twist goes to. In the Us, production use the twist to manipulate the game to what production want to happen
Old 29-05-2015, 06:13 AM #13
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
I know ~bros strategizing~ is clearly your thing but Brittnee and Sarah >>> Bruno and especially Kevin.

BBUS isn't pure either and is riddled with twists. The only difference is that Canada's beneficiaries are always much more likable.
Not really on the "bros strategizing", Neda was my favourite last season, which leads me to the next point. I don't care if they're "likeable" watch BBUK for that. I care if they are good at the game and entertain me with smart play. Smart players deserve to win this game, not people who cry all the time to gain sympathy and get a "twistos twist" to help them every week.

US: 1. Dick (8, 13), 2. Will (2, 7), 3. Derrick (16), 4. Boogie (2, 7, 14), 5. Dan (10, 14), 6. Enzo (12), 7. Britney (12, 14), 8. Marvin (5), 9. Memphis (10), 10. Lane (12).

Old 29-05-2015, 06:31 AM #14
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

okay but your favorite BBUS player only won as a result of help from production just like how you're upset about Sarah's win. Not to mention that the "smart players" in your sig, including Britney, Arlie, Peter, Alec, and Kenny really aren't all that smart and didn't play that well!

And about your whole "if you care about how likeable they are watch BBUK" point, if I don't like watching the players as people I'm probably not going to like watching them play the game. Your top 10 includes someone who had a genital wart removed on television and announced that they were still going to live a promiscuous lifestyle and embezzled restaurant money to hire older men to play out fetish fantasies, a murderer, a rapist, a sleazy conartist, an unfunny and basic self-loathing woman-hater, and a lot of them happen to be misogynistic assholes as well! Those aren't behaviors that I would like to view in real life, so I certainly don't enjoy viewing them in the context of BBUS, sorry to say! Unfortunately most BBUS casts are entirely composed of human garbage and detritus these days.
Old 29-05-2015, 07:24 AM #15
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):

They don't have to be smart players to be your faves
Old 29-05-2015, 12:36 PM #16
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macie Lightfoot View Post
okay but your favorite BBUS player only won as a result of help from production just like how you're upset about Sarah's win. Not to mention that the "smart players" in your sig, including Britney, Arlie, Peter, Alec, and Kenny really aren't all that smart and didn't play that well!
That's a very valid point. Maybe I do get too caught up in how to play the game and such, because once upon a time, I did start watching this show for entertainment purposes because I did love the Australian version of Big Brother. So guys like Peter, Alec, Marvin, Britney etc. I do like them purely on their entertainment value. When I started to watch the US version, I wasn't into it as much because it wasn't what I was used to. However, after seeing the amazing things that Dan, Will, Derrick etc. would do to get votes, I was hooked and as time has gone on, I have kinda forgotten my original reason for watching and now just like it for gameplay.

My usual calls of "watch BBUK if you don't want gameplay" isn't calling out everyone. Watch it for how you want to watch it. But when I see people complaining about the show because there is too much gameplay and that people are "vile" because they are doing what it takes to win, I'll call you out.

Quote:
And about your whole "if you care about how likeable they are watch BBUK" point, if I don't like watching the players as people I'm probably not going to like watching them play the game. Your top 10 includes someone who had a genital wart removed on television and announced that they were still going to live a promiscuous lifestyle and embezzled restaurant money to hire older men to play out fetish fantasies, a murderer, a rapist, a sleazy conartist, an unfunny and basic self-loathing woman-hater, and a lot of them happen to be misogynistic assholes as well! Those aren't behaviors that I would like to view in real life, so I certainly don't enjoy viewing them in the context of BBUS, sorry to say! Unfortunately most BBUS casts are entirely composed of human garbage and detritus these days.
Man, is all that true? I don't keep up with the private lives of any of these guys. I only know Dick is HIV Positive and that Adam from S9 is in jail for drug dealing. Who murdered someone? Who raped someone?

Old 30-05-2015, 04:02 AM #17
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):
As Told by Troy

Favourites (more):

The thing for me is that I don't find gameplay in its own right entertaining. Gameplay can certainly be a means to provide entertainment, but I don't find it entertaining by itself. I think that there's a huge difference between someone like Neda (who is an engaging person and can make gameplay fun to watch) and someone like Derrick (who just rattles off "list of name" DRs, worries about getting blood in his hands, actively stifle drama, etc.) and I always have preferred Nedas to Derricks.

and for the record, Derrick shot and killed someone while on duty (I don't know the details but considering the general track record of American cops who knows how warranted it was), Lane wasn't convicted of a rape but bragged about playing the "eight second game" while in the house, Boogie had a genital wart removed on television and embezzled money from a restaurant to play out fetish fantasies with older men, etc. BBUS really does scrape the bottom of the proverbial barrel when filling its cast with vapid LA models and frat douches.
Old 30-05-2015, 01:13 PM #18
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):
Aussie Fan

Favourites (more):

I've got no idea what the 8 second game is.

Derrick is a cop, if he has shot someone, I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt rather than jumping to conclusions.

Embezzling money is a bit bad but having genital warts and having fetish sex with men doesn't bother me one bit.

Here I am feeling bad for liking murderers and such when really it's pretty much an overreaction.

Old 30-05-2015, 01:15 PM #19

Favourites:

Favourites:

He's still holding on to that relevance he hasn't had since 2006

But saying that...
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 01:21 PM #20
Can I get a witness?

Favourites (more):