PDA

View Full Version : Was Hollyoaks right to air the suicide plot?

Scarlett.
10-10-2009, 12:38 PM
So soon after those two girls jumped off that bridge?

I think they were, its always said how soaps never represent real life, and this did, shockingly...

..well maybe certain parts of the plot

Tom
10-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Yes, no idea what the suicide plot is/was but I hate it when storylines in TV shows become affected by real life events

Tom4784
10-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Yes they weren't copying the real life story or anything since they filmed it weeks ago so it shouldn't be affected since the similarities are purely coincidental not intentional. It would have been a shame if such a brilliantly executed set of episodes weren't shown.

InOne
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I was thinking about that. It was a totally different story really.

Billy
10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
I think they were right, and that's coming from someone who knew one of the girls. It was eerily similar, but it shouldnt have been changed.

InOne
10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
I think they were right, and that's coming from someone who knew one of the girls. It was eerily similar, but it shouldnt have been changed.

Not really seen as Newt was hallucinating.

Billy
10-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Not really seen as Newt was hallucinating.

But the actual scene itself, two friends making a pact and jumping into the water basically together was similar.
Christ I didn't say it was the exact same down to a tee.

InOne
11-10-2009, 09:50 AM
But the actual scene itself, two friends making a pact and jumping into the water basically together was similar.
Christ I didn't say it was the exact same down to a tee.

Well it is basically making something out of nothing. Kids jump from bridges, it has happened before and has happened again. Plenty of women have been raped yet they still showed it happening to little mo a few years ago.

*mazedsalv**
11-10-2009, 10:00 AM
It was filmed probably a few weeks before that, and yes it is right to air it. HO airs problems teens have in real life and good for them.

Braden
11-10-2009, 10:57 AM
i had no idea about the two girls