PDA

View Full Version : *HOLLYOAKS HUGE SPOILER* Big Shocking Storyline Confirmed.... (and complaints!!)

*mazedsalv**
25-11-2009, 08:20 PM
It will be revealed that Loretta and her best friend Chrissy have a dark secret.... they killed a little child in the past when they were 12 years old.

How the hell will they deal with this?? This is a huge storyline to let on, especially as its so unexpected as Loretta seems such a lovely normal sane character. But the murder by two 12 year old girls!!

However, this has sparked massive disgust from the mother of James Bulger, a 2 year old that was murdered by 2 10 year olds. But this ahppened many years ago, so why does she think its about the James Bulger murder? Theres been many more murdered, the complaining is ridiculous at this time as she doesnt know what will happen yet.
Im sorry, I understand that she's upset but in an article, she suggests that its about the case of her sons, but tehre has been many murders like this... and she wanted to be told... but its not about her story!!

EDIT- Just read about the James Bulger case and i was baffled and shocked at everything!!! Especially the 2 murdrers being released after a few years... WTF, your kidding! They were released in 2001 after 8 years in prison. 8 YEARS?? Is that it? ****ing pathetic. Even thinking about HOW they killed him makes me want to throw up... how 2 10 year olds can be that vile and twisted is beyond me.

Heres the article of the storyline:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a188540/hollyoaks-embarks-on-child-killer-plot.html

And the outrage:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a188587/bulger-mum-outraged-over-hollyoaks-plot.html

Tom
25-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh because Jamie Bulgers mum is the only person to ever have her child abducted and killed isn't she?! :rolleyes:

Silly cow, shes just getting her name in the papers and dragging poor Jamie up for nothing

Jack_
25-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Holy ****. That's one big storyline. :shocked:

InOne
25-11-2009, 08:36 PM
A good storyline for Hollyoaks, I like it!!! I'm still trying to decide if Loretta is a good actress though!!! And maybe that is why she is not bothered about Jake.

And yeah the Bulger thing is ridiculous

*mazedsalv**
25-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Ive looked around everywhere, and it seems like all people are going "WTF, very huge shock", i reckon the ratings could double because of this, its currently getting 1.6m, it could get to the heights of 3m+ of the whole Claire/Max plot.... i reckon it will....

This is such a challenging and massive subject storyline to try and do. All I say is that i hope Joanna (Loretta) gets ready because this storyline will be very tough for her to tackle.

Jack_
25-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Good on them for being brave and going ahead with this though. I have every confidence they'll pull it off well, Hollyoaks always do with sensitive subjects like this.

I never thought the buried alive storyline in Eastenders would be topped, but I think this might just do it.

InOne
25-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah should be a good one. Can't be having a happy Xmas is Hollyoaks now can we!!!!

Tom
25-11-2009, 09:26 PM
When Hollyoaks does a really gritty storyline they blow the rest of the soaps out of the water. Hannahs annorexia is the best soap storyline ever imo. Its just a shame they can't keep it up inbetween big storylines.

InOne
25-11-2009, 09:31 PM
When Hollyoaks does a really gritty storyline they blow the rest of the soaps out of the water. Hannahs annorexia is the best soap storyline ever imo. Its just a shame they can't keep it up inbetween big storylines.

Yeah at the moment it's not too good. They need to get rid of some pointless people, like these tweens they keep bringing in.

Jords
25-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I dont watch hollyoaks but that sounds like a whopper :shocked:

DrunkerThanMoses
25-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I think it will be an intresting storyline, and Im sure Hollyoaks will handle it well.

Got to say Im shocked on who the killer is know, wow never can trust the quite ones

*mazedsalv**
25-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I think it will be an intresting storyline, and Im sure Hollyoaks will handle it well.

Got to say Im shocked on who the killer is know, wow never can trust the quite ones

Its either taht they made her quiete on purpose as she has revealed earlier that she has drinking problems (and doesnt drink anymore)... maybe that was the reason, maybe she was insane?

Or because people on the forums were saying how boring the character Loretta is, so this made them think about this storyline.

But IMO, i reckon the producers knew all along that she was going to be made into a story like that, and thats why she was made as quiete, so people kind of didnt notice her.

Mrluvaluva
25-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah at the moment it's not too good. They need to get rid of some pointless people, like these tweens they keep bringing in.

I know. Who is that new lad staying with Nev and his wife? Talk about crap.

InOne
25-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I know. Who is that new lad staying with Nev and his wife? Talk about crap.

Yeah they just pop up from nowhere. Most of the new students are dire too.

DrunkerThanMoses
25-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Its either taht they made her quiete on purpose as she has revealed earlier that she has drinking problems (and doesnt drink anymore)... maybe that was the reason, maybe she was insane?

Or because people on the forums were saying how boring the character Loretta is, so this made them think about this storyline.

But IMO, i reckon the producers knew all along that she was going to be made into a story like that, and thats why she was made as quiete, so people kind of didnt notice her.

I liek the character, and I think this is a good storyline for her to handdle. I agree what someone else said, hollyoaks nows how to have a gripping storyline, and I really hope it pans out well.

Im sad to see that I think it will get amny of complaints

*mazedsalv**
25-11-2009, 10:07 PM
I liek the character, and I think this is a good storyline for her to handdle. I agree what someone else said, hollyoaks nows how to have a gripping storyline, and I really hope it pans out well.

Im sad to see that I think it will get amny of complaints

So do I, actually i remember ever since i saw her for the first time i took a liking to her, being a stripper, thinking she would be a slag, but went with Dom, and i liked their relationship.

And its true, when Hollyoaks can do something, they do it very well.

Tom4784
25-11-2009, 10:40 PM
It could be a potentially brilliant storyline but I don't get how it'll work afterwards as Loretta's a permanent character so unless the storyline concludes in her leaving how will they handle Loretta? I suppose they could make it so that the death was accidental or that there was other factors involved.

Otherwise it'll end up like the incest storyline which just killed off Rhys' character for good.

InOne
25-11-2009, 10:45 PM
It could be a potentially brilliant storyline but I don't get how it'll work afterwards as Loretta's a permanent character so unless the storyline concludes in her leaving how will they handle Loretta? I suppose they could make it so that the death was accidental or that there was other factors involved.

Otherwise it'll end up like the incest storyline which just killed off Rhys' character for good.

Yeah he was in that late show a bit, but does not get many storylines these days. Gilly also, the thing with Steph just got weird and arkward to watch.

*mazedsalv**
26-11-2009, 08:08 AM
Yeah he was in that late show a bit, but does not get many storylines these days. Gilly also, the thing with Steph just got weird and arkward to watch.

I agree, Gilly and Ryhs' characters have been ruined.

But Stephs character will always impress me, knowing she was a spoilt horrible brat when in school, to such a lovely woman now... and i loved the scenes she does with Tom (any scenes). and that show celebrating the past years of the show, and Steph and Tom's characters were doing some horror paradies, i particulaly liked Gilly and Steph in the Shining, when he was breaking down the door and she was screaming and trying to hit him :D

stefinfection
30-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Can i just explain why its such a big deal to James Bulger's mother that they are doing this story line,
1) the fact that this is a soap based in Merseyside, where the tragic death of James Bulger happened.
2) the fact that hollyoaks are planning to film parts of this in Bootle (where James Bulger lived and was murdered)
3) the fact that all the ages and circumstances are apparently exact to what happened to James, including the release, and new identities of the killers, the only difference being the sexes.
4) James Bulger was the first child of such a young age to be brutally tortured and murdered by other children in such a deliberate way, these children even tried to cover up the murder, positioning the body on a train track etc. so in reply to Tom yes, James Bulger's mother was one of if not the only mother to have her child abducted and killed in this way.

So instead of calling the poor mother a silly cow, please see that she has the right to be outraged at the fact a soap is victimizing the Killers of her child. And just so you know, I wont reply to any replies or whatnot, I only joined to say my piece and I have, so farewell

Tom4784
30-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Can i just explain why its such a big deal to James Bulger's mother that they are doing this story line,
1) the fact that this is a soap based in Merseyside, where the tragic death of James Bulger happened.
2) the fact that hollyoaks are planning to film parts of this in Bootle (where James Bulger lived and was murdered)
3) the fact that all the ages and circumstances are apparently exact to what happened to James, including the release, and new identities of the killers, the only difference being the sexes.
4) James Bulger was the first child of such a young age to be brutally tortured and murdered by other children in such a deliberate way, these children even tried to cover up the murder, positioning the body on a train track etc. so in reply to Tom yes, James Bulger's mother was one of if not the only mother to have her child abducted and killed in this way.

So instead of calling the poor mother a silly cow, please see that she has the right to be outraged at the fact a soap is victimizing the Killers of her child. And just so you know, I wont reply to any replies or whatnot, I only joined to say my piece and I have, so farewell

What's the point of debating if you're gonna leave after saying your bit? You might as well not have bothered. At the end of the day it's a soap, there's been dramas before that have had the stories based around similar circumstances (Boy A springs to mind) and there will be in the future. I have sympathy for people who have gone through similar situations but it's a fictional soap nobody's gonna force anyone to watch it so what's the point in complaining?

Arneldo
30-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I've got some bad news .... Hollyoaks is shite. And it has been since JP, Craig, Claire, Warren and Justin left.

InOne
30-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I've got some bad news .... Hollyoaks is shite. And it has been since JP, Craig, Claire, Warren and Justin left.

JP and Craig were shite really.

Shaun
01-12-2009, 12:55 PM

it has been since conception, tbh.

Beastie
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I stopped watching since Warren was killed off. Well I have watched it now and again. I want the teeny boppers to commit suicide on hollyoaks because they are ****, especially Lauren and Newt! Get them off!

Beastie
05-12-2009, 05:45 PM
This storyline however sounds pretty good.

Stacey.
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
This Will Be Good :D
I Must Start Wathing This Again :D

Alf
14-12-2009, 05:47 PM
lydia must be the ugliest thing on tv right now