PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks Thread [spoilers]

'Conor
13-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Ricky whittle has decided to quit hollyoaks! And next monday at 6pm on Channel 4 it will go 6 months forward (May) and it will show Calvin & Carmel getting re-married but someone will shoot Calvin and kill him. Then it goes back to the present so you dont no whos gonna kill him. So loads of suspects
sounds good !! but calvin leaving :bawling:

----------------------------------------------
i didnt see a thread on this so i thought ill make one !!

this is whats happening between now and January
Hayley Has A Baby!

Anita takes Extasy

Lydia Murders Zoe !

Hannah Collapses

Mercedes & Calvin found out

better spoilers from DS (thanks InOne)

What happened to the Roys - they seemed to just disintegrate...
"For me, I struggled with them as a unit. I don't know that there was enough cohesive family story to drive them forward. The thing with Ash was that in the short time he was here, he worked well and did what he needed to do. Had he carried on, the creation of that character was somewhat pantomime and would only have become more panto. Sometimes short and sweet is best."

Will we be seeing Eli again?
"You can never say never with that one, can you?! Eli's a great character, but as storylines currently stand, there's nothing planned.

The Ashworths
"The big story for next year is Cain and Able with Rhys and Josh - younger brother versus older brother. That's going to kick off in a big way and it's about how one lie can spiral out of control..."

The Students
"A bombshell will arrive into the students' household... That and Hayley will become pregnant, as we're writing Kellie-Marie Stewart's pregnancy into the show. How will a bunch of party-going student lunatics deal with her situation? Then there's an incident from the pregnancy that changes Zak's life forever... "

McQueens
"There's a lot going on with the McQueens. Calvin's having an affair with Mercedes at the minute, but we'll be toying with Calvin and Carmel's romance once again - could they reunite? I believe that they've always been in love and have never stopped loving each other. I've had conversations with Ricky and Gemma and we've talked about the fact that Calvin and Carmel should always give each other loving looks and always be on the lookout for each other. Mercedes is the devil on Calvin's shoulder, while Carmel's the angel. Does he deserve the angel? Or will he stick with the devil?

"For the rest of the family, though, something will come up in terms of the household which will reunite them as a family..."

Malachy and Mercedes
"Their relationship will be a struggle. How much will Malachy put up with and where will he vent his frustration after learning of Calvin and Mercedes's affair?"

Duncan and Ricky
"Ahh, Duncan and Ricky! I love them. If you look at who Max and O.B. were when they were teenagers... They had an innocence and a naïvety to them that the show was lacking at the time. I actually wrote Max and O.B.'s storylines when they were youngsters and they spent about six months trying to get Chloe into bed in a burger van! There's a joy in Ricky and Duncan that shouldn't be ignored. They're just trying to get laid - Duncan in particular, by whatever means necessary. Even if that means suggesting that his sexuality isn't what it is. And Ricky has a secret, so we'll meet elements of his family..."

Newt and Rae
"The battle continues between real and imaginative. There's clearly a growing bond between them but when you throw Ste into the mix, who knows what happens..."

Lauren
"Lauren will be getting herself into all sorts of trouble. She's quite easily led, a rebel without a cause if you like. And when she meets another rebel without a cause, we'll see where Bonnie and Clyde end up..."

The Osbornes
"The Osbornes are in the big house! They were very excited about moving in there. The family suffered at the start of the year by not having somewhere to live, so the fact they're in the bigger house means we can play out more stories with them. They're invaluable to the show. The war between the Osbornes and the Ashworths rumbles on - who'll end up with The Dog? And Darren's battle to win his father around continues, too. Steph has all manner of love life traumas to get through, while Jake and Loretta's future is in jeopardy as secrets are revealed."

The Graduates
"The need for Nancy to have some kind of control over her life results in a form of behaviour perpetuating... Elliot has a rough old year ahead, too. The expectations for him to become a supersonic physicist may become too much for him - and could result in border-illegal behaviour..."

Ste and Amy
"Amy will finally get to grips with her life and start smiling! She'll make some good decisions and she'll meet a new love, too..."

Sasha
"Sasha will become 18 - and stop being a 45-year-old running a nightclub. There's an incident that happens to Sasha one night that changes her life forever."

Cindy and Tony
"Cindy gets a new business and that'll throw quandary on her marriage to Tony. And there's the most shocking story in that family that results in Cindy's need to re-evaluate her behaviour across the board - and maybe finally grow up."

Kris
"He'll get a job in school that'll make him address his clothing. He'll also learn a secret about his brother that he struggles to deal with."

Will we be getting any new characters?
"Yeah, a few. To tease one... there's a new female that turns up in Hollyoaks who's a threat to Steph and Cheryl..."

Tom4784
13-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Ah Zoe's dying then? :sad:

'Conor
13-12-2009, 05:42 PM
well i dont no if she dies but lydia stabs her anyway and zoe's character is leaving in early january and thats when shes stabbed so i presume shes murdered

Princess
13-12-2009, 05:44 PM
There is a Hollyoaks thread somewhere....

'Conor
13-12-2009, 05:48 PM
oh sorry i didnt see it :S

InOne
13-12-2009, 07:33 PM
DS tells it better lol

What happened to the Roys - they seemed to just disintegrate...
"For me, I struggled with them as a unit. I don't know that there was enough cohesive family story to drive them forward. The thing with Ash was that in the short time he was here, he worked well and did what he needed to do. Had he carried on, the creation of that character was somewhat pantomime and would only have become more panto. Sometimes short and sweet is best."

Will we be seeing Eli again?
"You can never say never with that one, can you?! Eli's a great character, but as storylines currently stand, there's nothing planned.

The Ashworths
"The big story for next year is Cain and Able with Rhys and Josh - younger brother versus older brother. That's going to kick off in a big way and it's about how one lie can spiral out of control..."

The Students
"A bombshell will arrive into the students' household... That and Hayley will become pregnant, as we're writing Kellie-Marie Stewart's pregnancy into the show. How will a bunch of party-going student lunatics deal with her situation? Then there's an incident from the pregnancy that changes Zak's life forever... "

McQueens
"There's a lot going on with the McQueens. Calvin's having an affair with Mercedes at the minute, but we'll be toying with Calvin and Carmel's romance once again - could they reunite? I believe that they've always been in love and have never stopped loving each other. I've had conversations with Ricky and Gemma and we've talked about the fact that Calvin and Carmel should always give each other loving looks and always be on the lookout for each other. Mercedes is the devil on Calvin's shoulder, while Carmel's the angel. Does he deserve the angel? Or will he stick with the devil?

"For the rest of the family, though, something will come up in terms of the household which will reunite them as a family..."

Malachy and Mercedes
"Their relationship will be a struggle. How much will Malachy put up with and where will he vent his frustration after learning of Calvin and Mercedes's affair?"

Duncan and Ricky
"Ahh, Duncan and Ricky! I love them. If you look at who Max and O.B. were when they were teenagers... They had an innocence and a naïvety to them that the show was lacking at the time. I actually wrote Max and O.B.'s storylines when they were youngsters and they spent about six months trying to get Chloe into bed in a burger van! There's a joy in Ricky and Duncan that shouldn't be ignored. They're just trying to get laid - Duncan in particular, by whatever means necessary. Even if that means suggesting that his sexuality isn't what it is. And Ricky has a secret, so we'll meet elements of his family..."

Newt and Rae
"The battle continues between real and imaginative. There's clearly a growing bond between them but when you throw Ste into the mix, who knows what happens..."

Lauren
"Lauren will be getting herself into all sorts of trouble. She's quite easily led, a rebel without a cause if you like. And when she meets another rebel without a cause, we'll see where Bonnie and Clyde end up..."

The Osbornes
"The Osbornes are in the big house! They were very excited about moving in there. The family suffered at the start of the year by not having somewhere to live, so the fact they're in the bigger house means we can play out more stories with them. They're invaluable to the show. The war between the Osbornes and the Ashworths rumbles on - who'll end up with The Dog? And Darren's battle to win his father around continues, too. Steph has all manner of love life traumas to get through, while Jake and Loretta's future is in jeopardy as secrets are revealed."

The Graduates
"The need for Nancy to have some kind of control over her life results in a form of behaviour perpetuating... Elliot has a rough old year ahead, too. The expectations for him to become a supersonic physicist may become too much for him - and could result in border-illegal behaviour..."

Ste and Amy
"Amy will finally get to grips with her life and start smiling! She'll make some good decisions and she'll meet a new love, too..."

Sasha
"Sasha will become 18 - and stop being a 45-year-old running a nightclub. There's an incident that happens to Sasha one night that changes her life forever."

Cindy and Tony
"Cindy gets a new business and that'll throw quandary on her marriage to Tony. And there's the most shocking story in that family that results in Cindy's need to re-evaluate her behaviour across the board - and maybe finally grow up."

Kris
"He'll get a job in school that'll make him address his clothing. He'll also learn a secret about his brother that he struggles to deal with."

Will we be getting any new characters?
"Yeah, a few. To tease one... there's a new female that turns up in Hollyoaks who's a threat to Steph and Cheryl..."

InOne
13-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Posted twice for some reason lol

Beastie
14-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Why does Hannah collpase? Does her anorexia come back?

InOne
14-12-2009, 02:58 PM
It is already coming back

InOne
14-12-2009, 03:01 PM
LOL @ Hollyoaks

Quiet Nate.

Tom4784
14-12-2009, 03:21 PM
'Hollyoaks' axes child killer plot
Monday, December 14 2009, 11:06 GMT

By Kris Green, Soaps Editor

Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks has agreed to axe its upcoming child killer plot just days before transmission.

Last month, 42-year-old Denise Fergus, the mother of murdered child James Bulger, expressed her outrage at the Liverpool-based serial embarking on a storyline that she believed to be based on her son's death.

In scenes that were scheduled to air this week, Loretta Jones's (Melissa Walton) past was to return to haunt her in the form of her old friend Chrissy (Amber Hodgkiss). It would soon be revealed that the pair had been living under false names since they bullied a 12-year-old to death when they were the same age.

Despite the subtle differences between the storyline and the 1993 Bulger case, Fergus demanded a meeting with the show's bosses at its production house Lime Pictures in Liverpool.

She subsequently attended a private screening of four episodes, before meeting with Hollyoaks' executive producer Tony Wood and Lime Pictures' Managing Director Sean Marley to express her upset over the story as it "carried distinctive similarities to events following the murder of her son".

Due to the nature of the complaint, Lime Pictures agreed to drop and re-mould the storyline and invited Fergus to work with the show to shape future plots affecting young people.

Speaking to Click Liverpool, Fergus said: "It was constructive meeting and I accept what they told me - that there was never any intention on the part of Hollyoaks to copy or mirror events surrounding James's death.

"Having said that, there was no doubt in my mind that the plot carried some of the hallmarks of what happened to that evil pair after they were convicted of murdering James."

She continued: "The part that I found most disturbing was that there were scenes in which two child killers were seen to be giving each other sympathy.

"The producers said that in the long run, the story would not have been favourable to the killers and in the future they would be shown to suffer the consequences from their crime.

"But I was shocked to see two people on screen, who were immediately identified as 'Thompson and Venables' in my mind, talking about how they had murdered another child. Played by glamorous young actresses, they were the centre of attention and looking to each other for support.

"It was turning the killers into celebrities and to me that was completely unacceptable," she went on. "I made it clear that I did not want those scenes broadcast and I'm pleased to say they clearly understood my feelings and agreed to scrap them.

"I'm very relieved and grateful that they are respecting my wishes. I also appreciate it will involve an amount of work to re-edit these future episodes and would like to thank them publicly for doing this."

She added: "It is clear that they never intended to cause upset to me and decided to act immediately when I told them how strongly I felt."

A Lime Pictures spokesman this morning said: "Hollyoaks has a very good track record of tackling difficult subject matter for a younger audience and the producers take seriously their duty to deal with sensitive issues in an appropriate way.

"This particular storyline was not based on any real-life case and was not intended to recreate actual events. However, after conversations with Denise Fergus we have agreed to amend certain aspects of the storyline."

Oh Boo, I sympathize with her but really? Couldn't she have just not watched if she didn't like it? There's always a chance that storylines are gonna echo real life events but that doesn't mean they should be axed.

'Conor
14-12-2009, 04:38 PM
they will probably do it but change it slightly

'Conor
14-12-2009, 04:43 PM
i updated the thread !!

'Conor
14-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks has agreed to axe its upcoming child killer plot just days before transmission.

Last month, 42-year-old Denise Fergus, the mother of murdered child James Bulger, expressed her outrage at the Liverpool-based serial embarking on a storyline that she believed to be based on her son's murder.

In scenes that were scheduled to air this week, Loretta Jones's (Melissa Walton) past was to return to haunt her in the form of her old friend Chrissy (Amber Hodgkiss). It would soon be revealed that the pair have been living under false names since they bullied a 12-year-old to death when they were the same age.

Despite the subtle differences between the storyline and the 1993 Bulger case, Fergus demanded a meeting with the show's bosses at its production house Lime Pictures in Liverpool.

She subsequently attended a private screening of four episodes, before meeting with Hollyoaks' executive producer Tony Wood and Lime Pictures' Managing Director Sean Marley to express her upset over the story as it "carried distinctive similarities to events following the murder of her son".

Speaking to Click Liverpool, Fergus said: "It was constructive meeting and I accept what they told me - that there was never any intention on the part of Hollyoaks to copy or mirror events surrounding James' death.

"Having said that, there was no doubt in my mind that the plot carried some of the hallmarks of what happened to that evil pair after they were convicted of murdering James."

She continued: "The part that I found most disturbing was that there were scenes in which two child killers were seen to be giving each other sympathy.

"The producers said that in the long run, the story would not have been favourable to the killers and in the future they would be shown to suffer the consequences from their crime.

"But I was shocked to see two people on screen, who were immediately identified as 'Thompson and Venables' in my mind, talking about how they had murdered another child. Played by glamorous young actresses, they were the centre of attention and looking to each other for support.

More soon.

InOne
14-12-2009, 04:49 PM
How they going to film a new plot in time?

'Conor
14-12-2009, 05:00 PM
:S i no probably just bring other storylines forward

'Conor
18-12-2009, 05:10 PM
calvins gonna be killed :O

Arneldo
18-12-2009, 05:12 PM
omg thanks for ruining it for me. idiot.

Tom4784
18-12-2009, 05:14 PM
It surprised me when I saw it on Digital Spy, I didn't know he was leaving.

Shaun
18-12-2009, 05:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoiler_%28media%29

Jack_
oh ffs thanks a lot.

Sam!
wow cause your a prat.

Beastie
18-12-2009, 05:23 PM
What's happening on tonight's episode?

Princess
18-12-2009, 05:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :( He's the only hottie left!!!!!

Stacey.
18-12-2009, 05:25 PM
ive got to start watching this again :)
Great programme :D:D :)