PDA

View Full Version : Hollyoaks to ummm... skip six months into the future

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:08 PM
http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/09/51/160x120_hollyoaks_future_carmelcalvin01.jpg

Hollyoaks is to make UK soap history when it becomes the first serial drama to break the time continuum and 'flashforward' six months into the future.

Next Monday, the special 'flashforward' episode of Hollyoaks will be slotted into Channel 4's schedule and feature scenes from May 2010.

The screening's storyline focuses on the second wedding of show favourites Calvin Valentine (Ricky Whittle) and Carmel McQueen (Gemma Merna).

Series producer Lucy Allan told DS of the 'flashforward': "We're really excited by this future episode - Hollyoaks is the only soap that can tamper with time and give our audience the opportunity to look at events that haven't yet taken place.

"A lot can happen in six months, so viewers should expect to be asking a lot of questions of some of their favourite characters' actions and behaviour."

Whittle added: "Calvin's completely besotted with Carmel. She's the one he's always wanted - she's always been his true love since they first started seeing each other and everyone's always wanted them to get back together."

Here, DS presents a gallery of photos from Calvin and Carmel's wedding day.

Hollyoaks' 'flashforward' episode airs on Monday, December 21 at 6.30pm on Channel 4

Digital Spy

lol

Jack_
14-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Hollyoaks attempts things which no other soap would do. That's the reason why it's so awfully underrated, and deserves more praise than it gets.

Not been watching it recently but I'll tune in for this, sounds brilliant. Still gutted they aren't doing the other murder storyline though.

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Seems a very random thing to do though

Jack_
14-12-2009, 11:17 PM
But that's what's great about it, it's something different :)

I'm assuming they'll be showing the same episode in six months time and up until that time they'll be leading up to it as if it hasn't been shown (i.e all the characters actions and behaviour)?

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Probably lol, the big soaps cant do this as their older audience would think they have gone bonkers xD where as with Hollyoaks, the audience can cotton on to whats happening

Princess
14-12-2009, 11:19 PM
*puts hand up* They ain't even got divorced yet! But still YAY!!!!!!!

InOne
14-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Is this cos of the Axing storylines thing?

Jack_
14-12-2009, 11:21 PM
LOL I'd love to see this happen in something like Corrie, tieing into something I've always wanted them to do - give Roy Cropper a huge storyline.

So they could skip six months into the future, Roy goes mental and blows Hayley's brains out with a gun, and then for the six months after we find out why.

I chose Corrie as the example cause I realise you're a big fan :tongue:

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:22 PM
Is this cos of the Axing storylines thing?
Possibly, I read on the DS forums it was filmed at the weekend xD

LOL I'd love to see this happen in something like Corrie, tieing into something I've always wanted them to do - give Roy Cropper a huge storyline.

So they could skip six months into the future, Roy goes mental and blows Hayley's brains out with a gun, and then for the six months after we find out why.

I chose Corrie as the example cause I realise you're a big fan :tongue:

Noooooooooooo Hayley D: D: D: D: :joker:

Patrick
14-12-2009, 11:22 PM
A Soap jumping forward?

How stupid.

Wouldnt see Eastenders or Corrie doing anything stupid like this.

Jack_
14-12-2009, 11:23 PM
A Soap jumping forward?

How stupid.

Wouldnt see Eastenders or Corrie doing anything stupid like this.

Because they don't take big enough risks. Simple, same old same old format and storylines.

\PJ/
14-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Brave move.

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Because they don't take big enough risks. Simple, same old same old format and storylines.

To be fair, they are bigger productions though, and have a tight schedule, Hollyoaks seems a bit more independant

Jack_
14-12-2009, 11:28 PM
To be fair, they are bigger productions though, and have a tight schedule, Hollyoaks seems a bit more independant

Fair point.

I would like to see them at least try and attempt something different though, and as I mentioned, Roy definitely deserves a big storyline - no question.

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:29 PM
Fair point.

I would like to see them at least try and attempt something different though, and as I mentioned, Roy definitely deserves a big storyline - no question.

Emmerdale experiments sometimes, like once someone on the show had a imaginary friend, and they did dream sequences a few years back

Oh, and the famous scene with Trisha's ghost talking to Marlon when he was making the choice wether or not to turn her life support off

Jack_
14-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Ah okay then, I never heard about those storylines.

All the soaps have their positives though, as much as I detest some of them.

Tom4784
14-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I like it, People take the piss out of Hollyoaks because it's an easy target but really I think it's the best Soap. It's always trying different and new things. I'm still a bit peeved over the cancellation of the Loretta storyline but this is interesting enough.

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:33 PM
Ah okay then, I never heard about those storylines.

All the soaps have their positives though, as much as I detest some of them.

Indeed, I wish Corrie would experiment with the format a bit more that they do now

Patrick
14-12-2009, 11:42 PM
it's the best Soap.

Lol

Patrick
14-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Emmerdale experiments sometimes, like once someone on the show had a imaginary friend, and they did dream sequences a few years back

Oh, and the famous scene with Trisha's ghost talking to Marlon when he was making the choice wether or not to turn her life support off

That sounds good.

I always thought of Emmerdale being an old farmer show that only my nan liked, but I didnt know they did things like that.

Eastenders has never done anything like that, the only thing even similar to somthing like a Flash Back in EE..

Was back in the 'Gangster Year' of Eastenders, where Johnny,Dennis,Phil,Grant,Jake,Andy where all massive characters.

Loved that year, and Phil woke up the day after Dennis died.

With Blood on his hands, and it showed him in the middle of the square looking at the clock hearing screaming and Johnnys face popped up.
You knew it was a dream because the Screen had this cool Effect on it.

But it was quite weird and scary.

Its on Youtube on the video series 'Get Johnny' but Youtube took the Audio off part 1 :(

Jords
14-12-2009, 11:46 PM
Not sure why exactly they are doing this, but cool idea :tongue:

Scarlett.
14-12-2009, 11:48 PM
That sounds good.

I always thought of Emmerdale being an old farmer show that only my nan liked, but I didnt know they did things like that.

Eastenders has never done anything like that, the only thing even similar to somthing like a Flash Back in EE..

Was back in the 'Gangster Year' of Eastenders, where Johnny,Dennis,Phil,Grant,Jake,Andy where all massive characters.

Loved that year, and Phil woke up the day after Dennis died.

With Blood on his hands, and it showed him in the middle of the square looking at the clock hearing screaming.

It was a dream though but it was quite weird and scary.

Its on Youtube on the video series 'Get Johnny' but Youtube took the Audio off part 1 :(

That''s a common mistake, I thought the same, until I saw the house collapse, followed a few months later by Tom King's kidnap - An episode which involved helicopter chases, car chases, armed police, explosions, a fake shooting and finally a plane flying over the village - And that was 2006 :hugesmile: loved that episode

I remember watching that week of EE where Phil and Grant went after Johnny xD

Mrluvaluva
15-12-2009, 12:22 AM
It sounds quite interesting and I am sure it will have everyone guessing about what happens over the next 6 months.

Billy
15-12-2009, 01:13 AM
Big kudos to Lucy Allan, this is a big thing to do when they're trying to replace such a central plot.

Fom
15-12-2009, 03:25 AM
Just because it dares to do what no other soap dares to do... doesn't make it a good soap. Yes they might be different but it is still plagued with awful writing and bad actors.

Lewis.
15-12-2009, 06:09 AM
Love Hollyoaks and this should be good :) Although I'm still hoping for a nude episode ;)

Arneldo
15-12-2009, 08:06 AM
It's the only thing they can do now they've scrapped what could have been the years best storyline! It's stupid.

Billy
15-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Just because it dares to do what no other soap dares to do... doesn't make it a good soap. Yes they might be different but it is still plagued with awful writing and bad actors.

Oh please. Hollyoaks have the same amount of bad actors as the main soaps do.

Tom
15-12-2009, 03:04 PM

I don't like Hollyoaks atm but when its good its the best soap on TV.

I also like how Hollyoaks is the only soap to have a massive storyline that will either begin or play out then get dropped, and a new storyline will develop, then that will be dropped for a while and the first storyline is tied up. It doesn't go into overkill and you don't get sick of the storylines that way.

I like the idea of this though, but I'm wondering if its the actual episode that will go out in May?

InOne
16-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Loretta has got such a **** storyline now, she is just getting back with Jake. The actress must be gutted.