PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders | Should it allow Swear Words?

Patrick
24-01-2010, 06:52 PM
If Eastenders was on past 9 they would allowe swearing yeah?

Like it was on for an hour in 2007 one night, and once it went past 9PM Tanya was allowed to call Max a Bastard :joker:

Does anyone else think they should put it on past 9?
Suppose it makes no diffrence but it would add more realism if the characters were allowed to swear.

They always argue, and you would think they should just swear at each other.

Like instead of 'Get outta my pub' it could be 'Get outta my pub you ****ing slag'

Just an example lol.

But then again the ratings wouldnt be as good as they are now if it were on at a later time..

But could you just imagine Staceys Lines if they were on past 9PM?
LOL

Dot would be walking around the square hearing nothing but swear words, Imagine Dot 'Ooh I say..'

Smithy
24-01-2010, 06:53 PM
I think they should, in all soaps not just eastenders, realistically who says flammin' lmao

Jack_
24-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Soaps have always been known to be broadcast during prime time. Post 9PM is typically for dramas and other one off shows. In theory, it should happen with all soaps, but realistically, it'll never happen.

Hollyoaks Later is a prime example of why it's better, though.

Scarlett.
24-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Soaps can occasionally allow swearing, for instance, Carla called Tony a 'bastard' a few weeks back in Corrie, and back in 2006, Jamie Baldwin called Danny a bastard too :p

Smithy
24-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Soaps can occasionally allow swearing, for instance, Carla called Tony a 'bastard' a few weeks back in Corrie, and back in 2006, Jamie Baldwin called Danny a bastard too :p

yea and bev called shellys unborn baby a bastard too :p

i think they're only allowed to use specific words x amount of times per year, like bloody they're allowed 6 times a year or something.

Scarlett.
24-01-2010, 08:08 PM
yea and bev called shellys unborn baby a bastard too :p

i think they're only allowed to use specific words x amount of times per year, like bloody they're allowed 6 times a year or something.
lol I dont remember that :p

I think swear words are allowed when they are warrented, and not used excessively :)

eye sea
25-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Should it allow swear words? No, it flecking shouldn't! :D