PDA

View Full Version : Diederick Santer to step down as the Eastenders Producer

Patrick
20-02-2010, 08:20 PM
EASTENDERS Executive Producer Diederick Santer, is to leave the soap very soon.
Santer became Executive Producer of EastEnders on 23 October 2006. His first episode aired on 5 January 2007. He has introduced several characters to the show, including ethnic minority and homosexual characters to make the show 'feel more 21st Century'. Characters he introduced include Zainab Masood, Masood Ahmed, Christian Clarke, Whitney Dean, Tiffany Dean, Ronnie Mitchell, Roxy Mitchell, Archie Mitchell, Jack Branning, Heather Trott, Lucas Johnson, Ryan Malloy and Syed Masood.

Santer also reintroduced past characters such as Bianca Jackson and Janine Butcher.

He has put in alot of work since joining the show, and is the master mind behind many big storylines such as Max & Staceys Affair and Who Killed Archie?

Santer will step down following the show's 25th anniversary and Bryan Kirkwood will take over. Santer will continue to work at the BBC, executive producing in a special position developing "new shows that can be internally co-produced"

Kirkwood's first major role came as a storyliner for ITV's Coronation Street. He later took control as the producer for Channel 4's Hollyoaks between 2006 and 2009. After leaving the main Hollyoaks team, he produced the second series of the late-night spin-off Hollyoaks Later, shown in 2009 on E4.

In 2 November 2009 it was announced that he would become the executive producer of the BBC One soap opera EastEnders, replacing Diederick Santer. His appointment will come as Santer steps down from the role after the 25th anniversary celebrations in February 2010. His first big decision to happen is the reintroduction of characters Alfie and Kat Moon.

Diederick Santer is loved by the fans & the Eastenders cast members, he will be missed.

---

This is terrible!
I think the man is a legend, is anyone else annoyed by this?
What do you think the new producer will be like?

Diedrick is easily the best producer the show has had, its going to be diffrent without him.
Lets hope the new producer isnt a dick.
But then again he has worked for Corrie and Hollyoaks so he may be good.

But no one can beat the legend that is Diedrick Santer!

Braden
20-02-2010, 08:21 PM
Tut !
He was doing well...

Smithy
20-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Im sure ive heard this before :s

maybe i dreamed it and it became true :shocked:.....

Patrick
20-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Tut !
He was doing well...

Agree, you have to give it to him aswell for keeping the Stacey & Archie story a secret for over 3 Months.

Stu
20-02-2010, 08:24 PM
He saved the show. He was the Sharon Powers of EastEnders. Hope they get someone good to replace him.

Maia
I heard about this a while ago, I was devastated. Diederick Santer has done the best job tbh, the new guy taking over seems like a bit of a loose wire.

Firewire
This was revealed months ago.

Stacey.
20-02-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah, i heard this, this morning...
:bawling:
Diedrick Santer is the Eastenders Legend.:nono:

Smithy
20-02-2010, 08:25 PM

Oh good, so i didnt dream it.

That would have been sad

Patrick
20-02-2010, 08:26 PM

I know.
Just saying it for the people who didnt know or want to know who the new producer is.

Braden
20-02-2010, 08:27 PM
I want Eastenders to get a glamorous makeover.

Patrick
20-02-2010, 08:44 PM
I want Eastenders to get a glamorous makeover.

Roxy is trying to do that with the Vic :thumbs:

Well if it gets a glamorous make over it will become a show for just girls.
Plus I think it would be abit like Hollyoaks if it went down that road.