PDA

View Full Version : Which Soap will be first to get Axed?

Patrick
21-02-2010, 12:49 PM
So Soaps as we know, go on for years and years.. and years, with Corrie celebrating their 50th in December and Eastenders Celebrating their 25th.

But out of the 4 Soaps which do you think will be the first Soap to be axed?

Everything must end at some point right?

I mean Soaps cant go on forever, just like everything cant.

So what will be axed first and Why?
And when do you think this will happen?

I mean look at Brookside, there one minute.. C4 Axe it the next.

Do you think Coronation Street will make it past 2020?
Will Eastenders Live for another 25 Years?
Will Hollyoaks suddenly come to a stop?
And will Life in the Village come to an end before 2020?

I mean could you imagine looking at a News Site one morning and seeing somthing like 'Coronation Street AXED' Or 'BBC Announces Plans to Axe Eastenders!'

I think Emmerdale may end first to be honest, I dont think its as popular as it was?
But maybe im wrong, could Hollyoaks end before Emmerdale?

Some people still dont class Hollyoaks as a Soap, I do though and its on E4 and those of you who have read the news from the past few months will know C4 and E4 are axing alot of their shows like Big Brother & Friends to make way for new shows.. Could Hollyoaks be in danger?

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Thing about Brookside is it was moved around the schedule for C4's new baby, Big Brother, which lead to falling audiences, which lead to the axe, its not easy to say which soap would go first due to circumstances like these

And at the moment Emmerdale is bigger than it's been for a while :p

Patrick
21-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Thing about Brookside is it was moved around the schedule for C4's new baby, Big Brother, which lead to falling audiences, which lead to the axe, its not easy to say which soap would go first due to circumstances like these

:shocked: So Brooksides axing was due to Big Brother?
LOL its weird reading that thinking how much C4 loved their new big thing Big Brother.. and 10 Years on and its going.

MissKittyFantastico
Hollyoaks definitely.

Arneldo
Emmerdale has no place on this earth,

Hollyoaks may not get the 14 million viewers that EastEnders does, but it is still on of C4's most successful shows .... but, sure we all know how C4 treat there most successful shows ... *ahem*

Jords
Emmerdale or Hollyoaks.

Patrick
21-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Hollyoaks may not get the 14 million viewers that EastEnders does, but it is still on of C4's most successful shows .... but, sure we all know how C4 treat there most successful shows ... *ahem*

Good point.

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 12:54 PM
:shocked: So Brooksides axing was due to Big Brother?
LOL its weird reading that thinking how much C4 loved their new big thing Big Brother.. and 10 Years on and its going.

lol indeed, that's how fickle C4 is....so actually, I could say Hollyoaks will go first

Arneldo
21-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Emmerdale still has an audience, and a loyal one at that.

Hollyoaks have had some AMAZING storylines. McDean, Hannah's eating disorder, Clare Divine - but recently it has gone down the ****ter, and I can't see it being around in 5 years time.

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 01:06 PM
That's the big thing about Hollyoaks, it's audience are teenagers, and teenagers grow up, meaning they dont have loyal following

Billy
21-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Emmerdale has no place on this earth,

It isn't really. It's struggling to maintain the 1.2 million audience it's getting, and there are plenty of other things tehy could put on at 6.30pm to get just as much.

Emmerdale won't be axed, it's still doing well.

flemin
21-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Definitely Emmerdale or Hollyoaks. They just don't have a big enough audience to compete with Corrie and EE.

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 01:20 PM
6m/7m is a good audience to get daily (ED)

flemin
21-02-2010, 01:25 PM
6m/7m is a good audience to get daily (ED)
:shocked: Does Emmerdale really get that many viewers? For some reason I thought it was dying in the ratings :conf:

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 01:26 PM
:shocked: Does Emmerdale really get that many viewers? For some reason I thought it was dying in the ratings :conf:

Nope, it gets a fair share :P it didnt get too many on Thursday due to the hour long EE, but when it doesnt clash it gets around 7m :p

flemin
21-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Nope, it gets a fair share :P it didnt get too many on Thursday due to the hour long EE, but when it doesnt clash it gets around 7m :p
Oh right.

Smithy
21-02-2010, 01:31 PM
Hollyoaks.

Emmerdales ratings have been great this year after the new execproducer.
Corrie...well after 50 years they aint gonna axe their Golden Goose
Eastenders - same as Corrie but for the BBC

LewisMarvel
21-02-2010, 01:52 PM
i think emmerdale

Billy
21-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Emmerdale regularly gets over 8m viewers.

Braden
21-02-2010, 02:04 PM
My money's on Emmerdale, because they will end up only being allowed one per channel

Ruth*Star
21-02-2010, 02:06 PM
I see Hollyoaks going, Its only getting like 1 million. Emmerdale has a loyal following, Corrie won't be going anywhere at least for 10 years, and Easties will be on for many years to come.

Firewire
21-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Hollyoaks or Emmerdale.

Smithy
21-02-2010, 02:14 PM
:dance: at no-one voting for corrie :D

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Well Corrie has lasted half a century :p

Stacey.
21-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Hollyoaks...
Definitely not Coronation Street, or Eastenders. :)

Patrick
21-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Can you imagine though what the last episode of Corrie & Eastenders will be like in years to come?

Very sad I imagine.

tJ-YoKRRyJ8

Smithy
21-02-2010, 02:22 PM
If corrie did end.
I hope itd go out with a huge bang. Like a train crashing into the whole street, killikng them all.

Scarlett.
21-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Can you imagine though what the last episode of Corrie & Eastenders will be like in years to come?

Very sad I imagine.

tJ-YoKRRyJ8
lol :shocked::joker:

bbfan1991
21-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Maybe Hollyoaks but they have done well to last 15 years and C4 have always been loyal to the show and will continue to do so:).

Patrick
21-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Maybe Hollyoaks but they have done well to last 15 years and C4 have always been loyal to the show and will continue to do so:).

C4 have never been loyal to anything.

Tom4784
21-02-2010, 03:12 PM
It'll probably be Hollyoaks if any but they're all consistent shows in the ratings so if any do end up cancelled I doubt it'll be for a long time yet.

Tom4784
21-02-2010, 03:22 PM
C4 have never been loyal to anything.

Grow up, They cancelled BB, get over it. C4 are a lot more loyal then other channels, Look at Peep Show C4 makes a loss on the TV screenings of it because it gets low ratings but they bring it back because of the fanbase and strong DVD sales where other channels would have cancelled it. They are loyal to their shows but BB has been bleeding out for years, people just don't care and that'll be proved when the summer series flops.

Patrick
21-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Grow up, They cancelled BB, get over it. C4 are a lot more loyal then other channels, Look at Peep Show C4 makes a loss on the TV screenings of it because it gets low ratings but they bring it back because of the fanbase and strong DVD sales where other channels would have cancelled it. They are loyal to their shows but BB has been bleeding out for years, people just don't care and that'll be proved when the summer series flops.

Oh seriously Dezzy you wouldnt of said that to any other member only you look for a chance to have a pop at me, its getting boring as **** now tbh.
And Im not the only one that thinks that, C4 are axing alot of their shows I was refering to more than BB.
Idc if they axed it now, as 3 channels have showed intrest and I know C4 will flop with out it anyway.

red
21-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Hollyoaks for sure.

Twilight
21-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Hollyoaks obv

Lewis.
21-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Hollyoaks. Everyone knows Eastenders, Corontation street and Emmerdale as the big 3 - It's unlikely that the producers will even think about axing them any time soon.

sooty
25-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Very sad I imagine.

Did you have a bad dream, Patric? :hugesmile:

Tom
25-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Coronation Street will NEVER be axed. Ever. That will still be going in 100 years providing ITV is still going. Same with Eastenders. I think Emmerdale at slight risk although its a long way off, and they'll probably phase that out before axing it completely (ie going twice a week at an hour, than once a week at an hour).

I think Hollyoaks will bite the dust really soon actually. It used to get ratings of about 2m but now only gets around half of that, and would get close to 1m on E4 but lately gets about 0.6m. The only thing keeping Hollyoaks going atm is imo E4 and the T4 omnibus. I can see it losing its 6.30pm slot quite soon and either being moved late or becoming exclusive to T4/E4

Channel 4 should never have axed Brookside but its funny how the cookie crumbles. They ruined Brookside so they could take on Big Brother, and 10 years on they've ruined Big Brother so they can commission new shows.

Patrick
25-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Coronation Street will NEVER be axed. Ever. That will still be going in 100 years providing ITV is still going. Same with Emmerdale.

What About Eastenders?

Surley Corrie has to end at some point though? I do think it will be on for many many years to come but its weird thinking that at some point in the future these shows will end you know?

Tom
25-02-2010, 08:38 PM
What About Eastenders?

Surley Corrie has to end at some point though? I do think it will be on for many many years to come but its weird thinking that at some point in the future these shows will end you know?

I meant Eastenders, Emmerdale was a typo but its fixed now :)

I don't think Corrie will end until ITV1 stops broadcasting. Same with Eastenders and BBC1. 50 years on and Corrie is still ITV's most watched almost-daily show by a huge margin, and atm Eastenders is the most watched show on TV despite being 25 years old. Both shows have a long way to go before they're worthy of axing, and I can't see either show shedding that many viewers any time soon. Most shows have an average life span of 3-5 years before their ratings plummet into oblivion and they get axed.