PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Clements 'I hated the fame that came with Eastenders'

Patrick
21-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Charlie Clements has admitted that he quit EastEnders because he was tired of constantly being recognised.

Following the death of the 22-year-old's character Bradley Branning in Friday night’s live episode, Clemenrts said that he hopes his life away from the cameras can now return to normal.

He told the Daily Star: "I hate all the attention. I can't go anywhere without people coming up to me and asking me about EastEnders."

"They usually ask me about Stacey. I just want my life back. I want to be able to lead a normal life. Go to the pub or a club with my mates and not get hassled. I know it comes with the territory of being in such a big show like EastEnders so that’s why I decided to leave.”

He continued: "Hopefully, things will get back to some normality for me once I haven’t been in the show for a few months. I don't know what I'm going to do, it's scary thinking about life after EastEnders, it takes up so much. I guess now it's auditions, auditions, auditions for me. I just hope I get work."

---

Is he serious?
He quits the show, says that and then at the end says he wants more work and plans to audition, audition, audition?
Surley he will always be recongized unless he just stops all together!

Tom4784
21-02-2010, 05:21 PM
He probably means he wants work on a less high profile show or maybe in other mediums. It's a fair point really not everyone wants to be famous.

Smithy
21-02-2010, 05:31 PM
It might be because they're hassling him about up-coming plots etc, whereas now he's left, he wont know what they are

MrGaryy
21-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Patrick, we have an EE thread, this hardly deserves a thread, stop clogging up the forum and use it plz.

Beastie
21-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Bless him.

Stacey.
21-02-2010, 06:12 PM
hes amazing! :)

Patrick
21-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Patrick, we have an EE thread, this hardly deserves a thread, stop clogging up the forum and use it plz.

FFS Can any of you shut it about that?

'Stop messing up the forum'
'Post in the discussion thread'
'Dont make the forum a mess'

Its a bloody forum, you dont need to tidy it up.
We asked for a Soap Thread to stop people crying over this, and now I posted this in the correct Sub Forum.
Its not in the TV Chat so its not making a mess of it and its not 'messing' up Chat and Games.

I dont mean that to you personally btw Garry I Just mean to the idiots who keep saying to put it in the discussion thread when its in A Soap forum anyway.

Beastie
21-02-2010, 06:25 PM
FFS Can any of you shut it about that?

'Stop messing up the forum'
'Post in the discussion thread'
'Dont make the forum a mess'

Its a bloody forum, you dont need to tidy it up.
We asked for a Soap Thread to stop people crying over this, and now I posted this in the correct Sub Forum.
Its not in the TV Chat so its not making a mess of it and its not 'messing' up Chat and Games.

I dont mean that to you personally btw Garry I Just mean to the idiots who keep saying to put it in the discussion thread when its in A Soap forum anyway.

This.

Harry!
21-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Patrick the soap threads clog up todays posts. Many are fed up of seeing soap threads and people taking advantage of the soap forum too much. Just minimise the amount of soap threads there are. That goes for everyone not just Patrick.

Thank you.

Patrick
21-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Patrick the soap threads clog up todays posts. Many are fed up of seeing soap threads and people taking advantage of the soap forum too much. Just minimise the amount of soap threads there are. That goes for everyone not just Patrick.

Thank you.

I understand what you mean Harry.
But in a word 'Tough' ?Not in a bad way though, but think about it..
Its a UK TV Forum especially more so on Off Season, Soaps give us somthing to talk about and make a big part of UK TV.

So it only makes sense that they are popular atm and people on here are discussing them.

Its like me hating Football, and joining a football forum.

You know?

But I do understand how it can be annoying to people who dont like Soaps.
But not much can be done about it.

flemin
21-02-2010, 07:25 PM

Thank you.
Well I agree with you and I think that topics such as this should be kept to the individual discussion threads. It's not as if there were this many threads on the soaps in TV chat before.

Tom4784
21-02-2010, 07:27 PM
For once I agree with Patrick, the Music forum doesn't consist of a few threads where every detail of an artist is discussed solely in one thread. There's the Britney/Gaga threads but there's still stories and discussions that take place outside of them. It's the same with the soap forum at the end of the day.

Plus if the Sidebar's clogged up with topics you don't like it encourages you to look through the forums yourself where you might happen across an interesting thread that might have fallen off the radar.

Harry!
21-02-2010, 07:50 PM
But since then the amount of soap related threads has almost tripled in size. I use the new posts button alot and it annoys me that every tiny little thing needs a thread whilst many of the threads already posted just needs one thread not hundreds. Just feels almost claustrophobic on here with all the soap related threads at the moment paticly as many have them on their sigs too.

Patrick
21-02-2010, 10:15 PM
Well I agree with you and I think that topics such as this should be kept to the individual discussion threads. It's not as if there were this many threads on the soaps in TV chat before.

But theres not any Soap Discussions on TV Chat so you cant complain about that ;)

Patrick
21-02-2010, 10:16 PM
For once I agree with Patrick, the Music forum doesn't consist of a few threads where every detail of an artist is discussed solely in one thread. There's the Britney/Gaga threads but there's still stories and discussions that take place outside of them. It's the same with the soap forum at the end of the day.

Plus if the Sidebar's clogged up with topics you don't like it encourages you to look through the forums yourself where you might happen across an interesting thread that might have fallen off the radar.

This.

rooney 2010
24-02-2010, 10:18 PM
Charlie Clements has admitted that he quit EastEnders because he was tired of constantly being recognised.

Following the death of the 22-year-old's character Bradley Branning in Friday night’s live episode, Clemenrts said that he hopes his life away from the cameras can now return to normal.

He told the Daily Star: "I hate all the attention. I can't go anywhere without people coming up to me and asking me about EastEnders."

"They usually ask me about Stacey. I just want my life back. I want to be able to lead a normal life. Go to the pub or a club with my mates and not get hassled. I know it comes with the territory of being in such a big show like EastEnders so that’s why I decided to leave.”

He continued: "Hopefully, things will get back to some normality for me once I haven’t been in the show for a few months. I don't know what I'm going to do, it's scary thinking about life after EastEnders, it takes up so much. I guess now it's auditions, auditions, auditions for me. I just hope I get work."

---

Is he serious?
He quits the show, says that and then at the end says he wants more work and plans to audition, audition, audition?
Surley he will always be recongized unless he just stops all together!

agreed

Billy
25-02-2010, 09:47 PM
He probably means he wants work on a less high profile show or maybe in other mediums. It's a fair point really not everyone wants to be famous.

But Eastenders has always been huge. He knew what he was letting himself in for.

Billy
25-02-2010, 09:49 PM
But since then the amount of soap related threads has almost tripled in size. I use the new posts button alot and it annoys me that every tiny little thing needs a thread whilst many of the threads already posted just needs one thread not hundreds. Just feels almost claustrophobic on here with all the soap related threads at the moment paticly as many have them on their sigs too.

Well learn to deal wiv it. You're like a little old woman at times.

supernoodles!
25-02-2010, 09:58 PM
But Eastenders has always been huge. He knew what he was letting himself in for.

I agree Billy.

He may have left EE but he is probably always going to be recognised and approached,especially since he is going to continue to pursue an acting career.Probably not always on the scale he will be expriencing atm but that kind of thing just comes with being an actor.

Tom
25-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Not everyone wants to be famous, and I get the impression from 'audition, audition, audition' he means the West End. Much more low profile.

supernoodles!
26-02-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah not everyone wants to be famous but you don`t go into a soap on the scale of EE and not expect some level of fame.