PDA

View Full Version : CoWiination Street

Scarlett.
27-02-2010, 03:32 PM
CORRIE fans will be able to control their favourite characters - after ITV agreed to turn the show into a computer game.

Bosses have signed a deal with Nintendo to make a game for the Wii console marking the soap's 50th anniversary this year.

It could see Street favourites from the past like Elsie Tanner and Hilda Ogden mixing with current characters such as Rosie Webster and Deirdre Barlow.

Game players could make them move them by waggling hand-held controllers. The format and style of the game will be revealed later this year.

It is one of several products licensed for the anniversary of Corrie's first episode, broadcast on December 9, 1960.

Coronation Street ale, currently sold only in the North, is likely to be rolled out nationwide.

Corrie is also endorsing a range of "Best of British" brands including Imperial Leather soap, Warburtons bread and Typhoo tea, which will all carry a 50th birthday logo.

Massive ad campaigns are planned and viewers will be bombarded with reminders of the anniversary virtually every time they turn on ITV.

The Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/2867478/CORRIE-characters-are-to-be-turned-into-a-computer-game.html#ixzz0gkqPRiwR)

Sounds like its a bit of a better budgeted one than the DS one xD

Tom4784
27-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I can't say I'm itching to play it :laugh: It'll probably be some sort of triva game with some minigames thrown in for good measure.

Scarlett.
27-02-2010, 03:40 PM
I can't say I'm itching to play it :laugh: It'll probably be some sort of triva game with some minigames thrown in for good measure.lol I'd imagine so :joker:

It cant be any worse than this;
http://uk2.shopto.net/thumb/boxart//170x170/DSCO13.jpg

(though I havent played it, I dont think anyone else has either)

Patrick
27-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Is 1 game not enough for them?

They should just make an Eastenders game, would be 10 times more entertaining.

Scarlett.
27-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Sounds like Corrie will be more involved in this one, unlike the DS one xD

Tom4784
27-02-2010, 03:46 PM
The only way i could imagine it being halfway decent is if they make it like the Sims. It's the only format that could work really.

Scarlett.
27-02-2010, 03:51 PM
The only way i could imagine it being halfway decent is if they make it like the Sims. It's the only format that could work really.

Aye, but they wont do that I bet :joker:

I can imagine Corrie getting quite big ratings though with all these advertising patnerships

Ruth*Star
27-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Is 1 game not enough for them?

They should just make an Eastenders game, would be 10 times more entertaining.
I'd buy a EE game, providing it was for the Wii or DSi.

\PJ/
27-02-2010, 04:49 PM

this

Patrick
27-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I'd buy a EE game, providing it was for the Wii or DSi.

DS Sucks though.

Wii or Xbox yea but the DS has a small screen, its annoying.

I have one though but its frustrating

BB_Eye
28-02-2010, 02:13 AM
They'll be catering to a pretty undiscriminating audience so I expect a lame point n' click adventure.